Page 1 of 1

Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am
by TJrandom
I took this quiz and only got a 66%... (4 of 6)... but I was guessing on two that I did get correct. American Slavery

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am
by Gord
I got 5 out of 6 'cause I didn't know how many of the first 18 presdidn'ts had been slave owners.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 am
by Gawdzilla Sama
I've been married four times.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am
by TJrandom
:lol:

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:48 pm
by Gord
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I've been married four times.
Out of how many?

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:50 pm
by Gawdzilla Sama
Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I've been married four times.
Out of how many?
I've screwed my way around the planet. If I could get lain on Greenland I'd call it a closed deal.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 am
by Lance Kennedy
I did not bother. As a non American, I would probably get close to zero. But I am aware that slavery has been a part of human existence forever. Britain abolished it in 1833, but it goes way back. The ancient Greeks were revered for their wisdom and their philosophers, but their economies depended on the work of slaves. The great philosophers would not have been able to sit around thinking if it were not for the fact that they survived on the exploitation of slaves.

Slavery is so widespread throughout history that I am pretty sure that more human societies kept slaves than those that did not. The native people of my country, the Maori, kept slaves. Most primitive societies did. Some of the slavery has been very ugly, and sex slaves have been almost as common as general slaves. In fact, I suspect that the reason Homo sapiens has neanderthal genes is because neanderthal women were taken as slaves and used sexually.

Edit. I gave it a go and got 3 out of 6.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 am
by Aztexan
As a Texan, I was appalled that there was no mention of how Jesus freed the slaves on the condition we retain our right to carry fully automatic weapons.
This quiz was fake news.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 pm
by Nikki Nyx
Aztexan wrote:As a Texan, I was appalled that there was no mention of how Jesus freed the slaves on the condition we retain our right to carry fully automatic weapons.
This quiz was fake news.
I saw no mention of the dinosaurs' crucial involvement either. Totally fake news.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:31 pm
by Gord
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I've been married four times.
Out of how many?
I've screwed my way around the planet.
That makes your overall score seem quite low. What would you say: four out of 100? Four out of 1000? The percentages seem pretty meagre!
If I could get lain on Greenland I'd call it a closed deal.
laid :P

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 am
by Gawdzilla Sama
That's Capita i a-i-n. You've never met her.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 am
by Gord
Then you misspelled it with an I instead of an l.

Spot the difference? lIlIlIlIlI :P

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am
by Gawdzilla Sama
Gord wrote:Then you misspelled it with an I instead of an l.

Spot the difference? lIlIlIlIlI :P
I miss spelled it.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm
by OlegTheBatty
I tried to put a curse on her, but she went and won a lottery. I miss misspelled it.

Re: Slavery Quiz

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:40 pm
by Gord
Just don't M├║spellsheimr it.