Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Fat Studies
http://tandfonline.com/toc/ufts20/current
An Interdisciplinary Journal of Body Weight and Society

Yes really! :mrgreen:

Sample:

Fat pedagogy: Improving teaching and learning for everyBODY

ABSTRACT

Fat pedagogy responds to the need for educational interventions to reduce weight-based oppression. Given the growth in fat studies–related courses, a need exists to identify best practices that improve the experiences of fat students, change the discourse around body weight, shape, and size, and challenge the social hierarchies and structures of dominance that perpetuate weight bias in educational contexts. The articles iSn this special issue, authored by an international, interdisciplinary group of scholars, describe their efforts to do so in both traditional and nontraditional educational spaces. The authors hope that the writings will inspire readers to develop, implement, and research fat pedagogy in their own educational settings.

Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Fat Studies

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I remember the fictional weight-loss group from Third Rock from the Sun. It was called "Fat Losers" because it was a bunch of people who wanted to lose fat.

"I want to be a Fat Loser toooo!"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Fat Studies

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 am

Every corrupt, fat, lazy, self deluded group forms an interdisciplinary group of advocates to support their continuing fantasies. The worst of them can even appoint special counsel.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “Education”