Doctor of Chiropractic

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
SimoneGil

Doctor of Chiropractic

Postby SimoneGil » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:47 am

Okay, So I am undergoing the certification of doctorate in chiropractic from Southern California University of Health Sciences, and the guidance I am getting from the experts here is very satisfying and up to the mark. In addition to this, I am also looking forward to get the opinion and suggestions of some certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Can you please guide me about how to proceed with practicing this profession after completing my degree.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Re: Doctor of Chiropractic

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 am

Sure. Become a plumber instead and leave the practice of medicine to MDs.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 am

"We need to present our specialty more conservatively. After all, we can't really cure all forms of cancer."'

.............. just barely missing the mark.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:41 am

SimoneGil wrote:Can you please guide me about how to proceed with practicing this profession after completing my degree.
You are requesting professional guidance, on how to run a business, from a skeptic forum that debunks UFOs, bad science and paranormal claims.

I think you have posted on the wrong forum.

Therefore, your first valuable lesson is "read everything twice before actually doing anything"

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:05 am

Your training is in serious bone cracking and not woo woo liquids, crystals and supplements? Or is that included but not advertised?

Lard, save me from your followers.

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 am

Well it is Simonegil's first post, so welcome.

There are other threads on here dealing with Chiropractory and my feeling is that many or most comments were quite negative.

Okay, I'm in Australia, so maybe things are different here. Yes we have the fakes, the frauds and importantly, the rip off merchants. I have used chiropractors extensively and found that you have to be selective. As I did, maybe you have to seek out references from people who have used them.

I did go to one, who I believe knew quite well what he was doing, after I hurt my back at work. Trouble was he kept telling me to come back next day or next week, but nothing improved. You do get to a point where you decide that you are not going to spend anymore money with the bloke and you go look elsewhere.

That's exactly what I did, taking the advice of people I knew. Well along I went and as I walked into his rooms, he looked at me and gave a bloody good diagnosis of what was wrong. He treated me, with very little "bone cracking" but with a lot of work relaxing my muscles around my spine. He did this using some form of electronic acupuncture on the pressure points on my back.

As I left he didn't say come back tomorrow, he said go home, lie down, put your feet up and rest. Don't go out mowing the lawn or chopping wood. So by the time I got home I was feeling real good so I went and mowed the lawn. Walked back into his office next day and he took one look at me and said, "You didn't go home and rest!!".

So long story but I think it shows that if yuo can pick the correct Chiro then you can do very well. And that my friends is no different with Doctors.

I can't advise Simonegil anymore than anyone else on this forum other than be honest and practice your skill to the best of your ability.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:39 am

Are you a "we cure all", or a "we don't claim to do miracles" type of trained chiropractor?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 pm

SimoneGil wrote:Okay, So I am undergoing the certification of doctorate in chiropractic from Southern California University of Health Sciences, and the guidance I am getting from the experts here is very satisfying and up to the mark. In addition to this, I am also looking forward to get the opinion and suggestions of some certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Can you please guide me about how to proceed with practicing this profession after completing my degree.

What is your philosophy of chiropractic? Will you be treating mechanical back problems only? If so, you have a tough row to hoe to distinguish yourself from the ranks of snake-oil salesmen. Or, like those snake-oil salesmen, do you believe that chiropractic is a panacea for any number of organic diseases? If so...

An orthopedic subluxation, a true vertebral misalignment, or a mechanical joint dysfunction that affects mobility in the spine is not the same as a “chiropractic subluxation” that is alleged to cause disease by interfering with nerve supply to organs. Such a subluxation has never been proven to exist. There is no plausible theory and no credible evidence to support the contention that “nerve interference” originating in a single spinal segment can cause an organic disease.

A largely ignored landmark review of the literature by a Ph.D. and a chiropractor (Nansel and Szlazak), published in 1995, concluded that there is not a single appropriately controlled study to indicate that any dysfunction in structures of the spinal column is a cause of organic disease.

A review of the current evidence on the epidemiology of the subluxation construct (Mirtz, et al, 2009) also failed to find any credible evidence supporting the chiropractic vertebral subluxation theory. This paper, authored by three chiropractors and a Ph.D., concluded that “No supportive evidence is found for the chiropractic subluxation being associated with any disease process or of creating suboptimal health conditions requiring intervention. Regardless of popular appeal this leaves the subluxation construct in the realm of unsupported speculation. This lack of supportive evidence suggests the subluxation construct has no valid clinical applicability. LINK
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 am

Bearing in mind that Simone posted once and has remained silent, and bearing in mind the subject, I suspect a troll.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:02 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:Bearing in mind that Simone posted once and has remained silent, and bearing in mind the subject, I suspect a troll.

It appears to be spam for various employment websites on Tumblr.
https://simonegil.tumblr.com/

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:07 am

:lol: I thought it read like some weird script and someone had lost their way...

Lard, save me from your followers.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Lance Kennedy wrote:Bearing in mind that Simone posted once and has remained silent, and bearing in mind the subject, I suspect a troll.

It appears to be spam for various employment websites on Tumblr.
https://simonegil.tumblr.com/

Hmmm. From my experiences moderating other forums, I've found that sometimes you get one-post wonders who come back after a few weeks, when no one's looking anymore, and edit their posts to put links in them.

If I weren't a lazy bastadge, I'd go look for one-post wonders who might have done this already here.

Edit: Also, "Simone Gil" looks a lot like "Natalia Portman" [sic].

Or better yet, Natalie Portman: https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=249012
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Education”