Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Improved datasets show that Arctic warmed six times faster than the global average during 'global warming hiatus'
Date: November 20, 2017
Source: University of Alaska Fairbanks
Summary: Missing Arctic temperature data, not Mother Nature, created the seeming slowdown of global warming from 1998 to 2012, according to a new study.

Gaps in Arctic temperature data caused a misperception that global warming slowed from 1998 to 2012, according to a new study in the journal Nature Climate Change.

A University of Alaska Fairbanks professor and his colleagues in China built the first data set of surface temperatures from across the world that significantly improves representation of the Arctic during the "global warming hiatus."

Xiangdong Zhang, an atmospheric scientist with UAF's International Arctic Research Center, said he collaborated with colleagues at Tsinghua University in Beijing and Chinese agencies studying Arctic warming to analyze temperature data collected from buoys drifting in the Arctic Ocean.

"We recalculated the average global temperatures from 1998-2012 and found that the rate of global warming had continued to rise at 0.112C per decade instead of slowing down to 0.05C per decade as previously thought," said Zhang who is also a professor with UAF's College of Natural Science and Mathematics.

Zhang said their new estimates showed that the Arctic warmed more than six times the global average during that time period.

The team developed new methods of incorporating the Arctic temperature data into global temperature data to better estimate the average temperatures.


Continues...
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:26 pm

ROTFLMAO This presents a HUGE problem. If there was never any missing heat, then the 50 or more papers by the consensus scientists that identified the cause of the warming pause must be full of BS. If the heat didn't go into the ocean, then what was Trenberth and others measuring???

This is a typical scenario in climate science. Temperature data doesn't match theory. So some scientists adjust the components while others adjust the global temperature. Climate science is the only discipline where constant data adjustment is the norm.
Last edited by Jim Steele on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Or what? Or is it "or were"? :scratch:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 pm

What every Steele said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 pm

:hmm:







. :moped:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Jim Steele wrote: This is a typical scenario in climate science. Temperature data doesn't match theory. Some scientists adjust the components while others adjust the global temperature. Climate science is the only discipline where constant data adjustment is the norm.

Several interesting concepts being touched on by these statements. Data is adjusted all the time across many disciplines. When temps don't match the theory you modify the theory OR FIND OUT WHY your measurements are off. Its how all sorts of "new discoveries" are made. Of note: discovery of background temperature from the Big Bang.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10690
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby xouper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:07 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:What every Steele said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


Whatever Gawdzilla said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:37 am

xouper wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:What every Steele said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


Whatever Gawdzilla said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.

The problem is, one can take the time to consider Jimbo's posts very closely, find the references he leaves out and so forth, ............ and: its stupid.

Gawd's patience has been worn through. so has mine, then I heal as the subject is top on my list. Avoiding the ignorant and the posers does save time. Comes down to priorities and interest.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19765
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 am

Wait, you read Xoupy's posts? That's just weird.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am

"I can't go to bed yet.............someone on the Internet is Wrong!"

SuperEgo to the Rescue............................
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:21 pm

xouper wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:What every Steele said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


Whatever Gawdzilla said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


ROTFLMAO. In my 3 years here, not once has Gawdzilla ever made an intelligent comment. Gawdzilla is just another in the alarmist sheeple flock who can only snipe.

Hi is desperately afraid to engage in any substantive debate knowing his ignorance will be quickly and decisively exposed just like Bobbo and Lance's.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10690
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby xouper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Jim Steele wrote:
xouper wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:What every Steele said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


Whatever Gawdzilla said, just assume it's stupid and roll on.


ROTFLMAO. In my 3 years here, not once has Gawdzilla ever made an intelligent comment. Gawdzilla is just another in the alarmist sheeple flock who can only snipe.

Hi is desperately afraid to engage in any substantive debate knowing his ignorance will be quickly and decisively exposed just like Bobbo and Lance's.


To be fair, I have seen many times when Gawdzilla posted something intelligent that I agree with.

And yet I can understand why maybe he doesn't like me. I have corrected him numerous times on a variety of topics when he posted factually incorrect statements.

Seems to me, no likes to be shown to be mistaken, myself included, but aside from a temporarily bruised ego, I'd rather be corrected than to go on believing something that's not true.

There's no shame in revising one's understanding when the facts warrant it. We all have a few things we believe to be true, but aren't.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:10 pm

xouper wrote: To be fair, I have seen many times when Gawdzilla posted something intelligent that I agree with.

And yet I can understand why maybe he doesn't like me. I have corrected him numerous times on a variety of topics when he posted factually incorrect statements.

Seems to me, no likes to be shown to be mistaken, myself included, but aside from a temporarily bruised ego, I'd rather be corrected than to go on believing something that's not true.

There's no shame in revising one's understanding when the facts warrant it. We all have a few things we believe to be true, but aren't.



I'd like to believe you Xouper, but all Gawdzilla has ever offered here on the climate change forum is "cut and paste" tid bits of gloom and doom. I have yet to see an original or intelligent thought of his own!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19745
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Looks like your glasses are full. Of it.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Added Arctic data shows global warming didn't pause

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:18 am

Jim Steele wrote: I'd like to believe you Xouper, but all Gawdzilla has ever offered here on the climate change forum is "cut and paste" tid bits of gloom and doom. I have yet to see an original or intelligent thought of his own!

Confusing being original with being insightful could be the engine of your Science Denial. Hard to avoid if you brought this attitude to your first review of the subject. How much data did you cut and paste before you concluded all the experts were wrong?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?


Return to “Climate Change”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest