How dry I am ...

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

How dry I am ...

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm

University of Wisconsin study finds carbon emissions increase when land is converted into crops for ethanol
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

A University of Wisconsin-Madison study shows that the shift of more than 7 million acres into cropland led to massive releases of carbon emissions into the atmosphere after a 2007 federal law mandated ethanol in gasoline.

The increased carbon emissions is equivalent to 20 million new cars driving down American roadways every year, according to the researchers' estimates in the study released Wednesday.

The findings show big changes in land use across the Midwest, including Wisconsin, and other parts of the United States between 2008 and 2012. That coincided with a change in federal law that required blending ethanol from crops like corn and soybeans into gasoline.

Government fixing climate strikes again.
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: How dry I am ...

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am

Yeah, they didn't tell people not to convert forest, grassland, and wetland into farmland.

One key problem, he said, is that authorities are not enforcing existing requirements that prevent the conversion of non-farmland into fields of corn and soybeans.

Or maybe they did, and they just aren't enforcing it?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: How dry I am ...

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 am

"massive releases"?

.................give me the numbers. I'll conclude and use my own labels.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “Climate Change”