Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Deconstructing the Climate Demagoguery of the Wine Country Wildfire Tragedies

http://landscapesandcycles.net/wine-cou ... guery.html

excerpt

Climate alarmists like Dr. Trenberth have blithely suggested global warming is increasing the fire season stating, “In the West, they used to talk about a fire season, the fire season used to be 60 days, then 90 days, and now they think it's year-round. There's no pause." Tragically that uncritical belief in a climate-related extended fire season has been parroted by lay person and scientists alike. But the facts show the observed extended fire season is due to human ignitions. Blaming climate change is fake news!

In a 2017 paper researchers reported that across the USA from 1992 to 2012, “human-caused fire season was three times longer than the lightning-caused fire season and added an average of 40,000 wildfires per year across the United States. Human-started wildfires disproportionally occurred where fuel moisture was higher.” Furthermore “Human-started wildfires were dominant (>80% of ignitions) in over 5.1 million km2, the vast majority of the United States, whereas lightning-started fires were dominant in only 0.7 million km2.”
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 pm

...........a real battle of the poorly defined.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Atmospheric scientist Dr. Cliff Mass gives similar analysis of wine country fires in

Why the Wine Country Fires Was a Severe Weather Event and Not Climate Change

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2017/10/w ... evere.html
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19788
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Did he really use "demagogues" to refer to someone else? LOL
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Did he really use "demagogues" to refer to someone else? LOL


No but his factual evidence supports the characterization of Gore, Clinton, Gov Brown and others as demagogues.

demagogues are defined as "a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument"

It doesn't surprise me Gawd that you readily accept demagoguery and have yet to discuss the evidence or deal in rational argument. The essay that is the topic of this post supplies irrefutable evidence that supports the characterization of Dr. Trenberth, Gore, Clinton, Gov Brown and others as demagogues.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Say Jim Steel: if our planet were to become hotter, would forest fires become worse or better? You know: as a demagogue?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:20 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Say Jim Steel: if our planet were to become hotter, would forest fires become worse or better? You know: as a demagogue?


Say Boobo: Based on the all the scientific evidence, do you believe climate change had anything to do with the wine country fires? You know: as a science illiterate?

Wildfires have become worse due to increased human ignitions that cause fire season to triple in length relative to natural fires. Global warming, whether natural or not is not the issue.

A hundred years of fire suppression caused fuel accumulation that has made hotter more intense fires. Global warming whether natural or not is not the issue.

Fires were more common in the 1800s. Global warming whether natural or not is not the issue

Although there is no evidence to support any connection to climate change, the climate alarmist ignore all evidence! But paranoids will always find a reason to support their fears.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Jim Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Say Jim Steel: if our planet were to become hotter, would forest fires become worse or better? You know: as a demagogue?


Say Boobo: Based on the all the scientific evidence, do you believe climate change had anything to do with the wine country fires? You know: as a science illiterate?

Ha, ha.........that made me laugh. Good one.

I was going to dither on..........but, as here, you very rarely answer direct questions.........so, I won't bother. We've covered this exact issue before as well. Nothing but diversion then either.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm

You got a very direct answer but it just doesn't fit your paranoid agenda. As I said "Global warming, whether natural or not, is not the issue" You ignore the evidence and engage in psychobabble about direct questions.

So Bobbo, Lead by example, Do you also think "if our planet were to become hotter" that house fires will become worse or better?
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Jimbo..................no.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Jimbo..................no.


The same evidence holds for both cases. Neither wildfires or house fires are made worse from climate change, and as I said, whether or not Global Warming is natural or anthropogenic it is NOT an issue regards wildfires.

All those who try to connect climate change to wildfire tragedies are demagogues! Pure and simple!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Jim Steele wrote:So Bobbo, Lead by example, Do you also think "if our planet were to become hotter" that house fires will become worse or better?


bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Jimbo..................no.


Actually bad answer boobo, it was not a "yes or no question" , but you have always tried to obscure the real issues.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Jim Steele wrote:You got a very direct answer ....

I could have said BS......but said no instead. "No" also covers not willing to get into the dirt. Too obvious, too stupid, too manipulated.

No.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:30 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Jim Steele wrote:You got a very direct answer ....

I could have said BS......but said no instead. "No" also covers not willing to get into the dirt. Too obvious, too stupid, too manipulated.

No.


Or you could have answered the question directly and engaged in an evidence based discussion.

Indeed the answer to both questions, does global warming, whether natural or anthropogenic, make either wildfires or house fires worse or better, is "too obvious, too stupid and too manipulated" but that is typical for boobo and his obvious, stupid manipulation of a meaningful discussion that would expose his stupid paranoia. HIs question regards wildfires was just as stupid, obvious and manipulative as asking if house fires are worsened by climate.

Boobo's tactics have always been an attempt to get others to "get into the dirt" while ducking any honest scientific discussion.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:01 am

No.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:12 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:No.


you are "too obvious, too stupid and too manipulative"
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

no.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:30 am

ROTFLMAO

Does global warming cause fewer wildfires?

Image

from Swetnam, T. W.; Baisan, C. H. 1996. Historical fire regime patterns in the Southwestern United States since AD 1700
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:03 am

Link?

Its not the number or the ignition sources as much as the inability to control once started. This may indeed be related to volume of underbrush but even then: more underbrush that is drier is not good.

Why can't you deal with more than one variable?

You refuse to answer very basic questions.........because they destroy your position.

1. What happens when you add green house gases to an atmosphere?

2. What happens to fire hazard exposure as the climate gets hotter?

You know: common sense. You need extraordinary data/proof/argument to overcome common sense. Not cherry pits.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:15 am

You were given the citation but you go back to your two-faced "link" scam???? What a piece of work!

So I repeat


You need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations that I have ever flipped flopped about CO2 being a greenhouse gas, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Your links say the exact opposite of what you say they do.


And show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations that "my links contradict my assertions" otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar

Your never ending string of lies is slander and your complaints about links exemplifies your two faced insincerity!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:30 am

no.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Why can't you deal with more than one variable?



ROTFLMAO

The essays discuss in detail the many variables that lead to wildfire devastation.

Only Boobo tries to reduce the issue to the single variable of CO2 warming. And then in typical Boobo doublespeak dishonesty, suggests it is others who are narrowly focused.

Dishonest Idiocy is so transparent

ROTFLMAO
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:34 am

We've had this discussion before. Your references discuss the variables........you don't. Usually, your links when you provide them also discuss variables that you don't.

See a pattern?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:See a pattern?


Yes ! Absolutely!

More boobo dishonest psychobabble to avoid every and anything that debunks boobo's climate paranoia!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:50 am

no.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Climate Demagogues Hijack Wildfire Tragedy

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Wildfire season has NOT increased due to climate changes, but due to increased human-related ignitions.

PGE's role is now being investigated. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/14/c ... ire-zones/

From the article:

A Bay Area News Group review of fire dispatch calls from the first 90 minutes of the firestorm indicate a number of downed wires and blown transformers simultaneous to multiple fires igniting. No official cause of the fires has been determined.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo


Return to “Climate Change”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest