Scientists admit to exaggerating global warming!

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Scientists admit to exaggerating global warming!

Postby Gord » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Scientists admit to exaggerating global warming!

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:29 pm

"Not"---? Darn. I was actually hoping to read what new info could change the fundamentals.

But fundamentals rarely change.............liars still gonna lie.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 am

Not looking for a debate here Bobbo, but I really don't believe any of them, for or against. Read something the other day that said it was all BS, but then you read something from the FOR argument.

Seems to me that the whole argument is so tied up with money that we will never know the truth until something happens, one way or the other.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:17 pm

You don't want an argument and then you post .................. as you do?

Your approach to "informing yourself" is highly defective.... to the degree it is true. Fact is.... you actually run your life reasonably, and only act like a retard here.

When 97% of qualified scientists accept AGW....... there is no reasonable position against it. Doesn't matter that "some" people disagree, some people lie, everyone needs money to survive, there is honest and dishonest bias all around, mistakes are made, some point is wrong, other points are superceded.......etc.... the whole gamut.

"but I really don't believe any of them, for or against." /// This is total retard. One position is more right or wrong than the other. All you have done is refuse to think about and wear your ignorance as a Badge of Honor: Its not.

Read something the other day that said it was all BS, but then you read something from the FOR argument. /// Yes....you can read its all BS about EVERYTHING. But for your day to day life, you exercise the judgement you speak against here. What are you trying to say .......... anything????

Seems to me that the whole argument is so tied up with money that we will never know the truth until something happens, one way or the other. /// Well right there is a possible KEY for you to clean the BS out of your eyes, and from between your brains. YES====>MONEY CORRUPTS EVERYTHING...when there are too many people like you willing to swallow their BS.

An excellent example of how retarded your "Don't Believe Anything" position is is that rap singer who stared at the recent eclipse without protection because he didn't believe the hype....blah, blah, blah...he canceled his upcoming concert tour....and hasn't been heard (or seen...ha, ha) since. I look forward to any update to his BS story.

it doesn't bother me at all that you post so stupidly.........other than, when your idiotic hypocritical fanciful bias is not obvious, from issue to issue you may be influencing people even dumber than you for some nonsense position.

I say you are hypocritical AGAIN...because you aren't stupid.... you just post this way. In private life, I know you don't stare at eclipses.......you follow the majority of opinion of qualified people........ like we all do........ just as you should.

Stop being stupid.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Phoenix76
Poster

Postby Phoenix76 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:11 am

You're a strange bloke Bobbo. You tear apart my posts, that's fair, but then you seem to indicate that I don't believe what I right.

My friend, mate in Australia, I don't believe in a lot of things. I'm 71, don't know your age, and I have copped crap left right and centre in my life. I have been shat on from great heights. I have believed people because they sounded honest. Only to find that they were so full of BS. I had people try to kill me, at least that was honest. So yeah , I'm very hard nosed.

I have learned the hard way, that many people's beliefs are all tied up in money and self aggrandizement. So I don't accept "proof" very easily. I do want to see causation, or at least association to the extent that there is really no alternative.

Yeah mate, I'm a hard nut, and if you think that is being stupid, well that's your problem, not mine. But I will listen to reasonable argument. Some of our contributors on this forum actually put up reasonable argument, but, honestly, there seems to be a surfeit of unfounded, unresearched drivel posted on here.

Anyway Bobbo, I'm sure you will have some well researched remarks to make on this post. But here in Oz, it's my bedtime, I'm an old fart you know.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 am

100% of the members on this forum get confused by Booboo's posts.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 am

Phoenix76 wrote:You're a strange bloke Bobbo. You tear apart my posts, that's fair, but then you seem to indicate that I don't believe what I right.

My friend, mate in Australia, I don't believe in a lot of things. I'm 71, don't know your age, and I have copped crap left right and centre in my life. I have been shat on from great heights. I have believed people because they sounded honest. Only to find that they were so full of BS. I had people try to kill me, at least that was honest. So yeah , I'm very hard nosed.

I have learned the hard way, that many people's beliefs are all tied up in money and self aggrandizement. So I don't accept "proof" very easily. I do want to see causation, or at least association to the extent that there is really no alternative.

Yeah mate, I'm a hard nut, and if you think that is being stupid, well that's your problem, not mine. But I will listen to reasonable argument. Some of our contributors on this forum actually put up reasonable argument, but, honestly, there seems to be a surfeit of unfounded, unresearched drivel posted on here.

Anyway Bobbo, I'm sure you will have some well researched remarks to make on this post. But here in Oz, it's my bedtime, I'm an old fart you know.

I note you do not respond at all to the actual analysis I gave you. Most of it is objectively right on the mark, only a little bit my own best guess. I have commented that you post with good common sense and then with base stupidity. It makes sense my own comments would have to flip flop as well.

You got anything specific other than you have lived a life?

Phoenix76
Poster

Postby Phoenix76 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:40 am

You got anything specific other than you have lived a life?

Only that you seem to have pre-conceived ideas as to my psyche.

Believe it or not Bobbo, I would be one of the most skeptical bastards you could meet. :roll:

There is not much that I believe at all. Yes black is black and white is white, perhaps, seen arguments against that too. Black is lack of colour, and white is lack of colour, therefore black is white. :?:

No I don't believe BS, might have once, but that is my reference to having "lived a life". I might have been something of a gullible youngster, but you only get let down so many times before you harden up.

I believe in climate change. :shock: It's been changing ever since the earth was formed. Evolution perhaps. It's been cold, it's been hot, the oceans have been much higher, and lower. But as for how much of the current change is caused by humans, well that's where my skepticism kicks in. There is such an overload of "evidence" from both sides of the argument that I then become very suspicious of the whole argument. Skeptical? You bet.

My Collins dictionary gives a couple of definitions of skeptic:
1. a person who habitually doubts generally accepted beliefs,
2. a person who mistrusts people or ideas in general.

Put me down for No. 2.

And just to round it out:
I don't believe in any god, devil, angel, the hereafter, things that go bump in the night, sins that will send me to hell forever, don't believe in hell either, or the catholic purgatory.

What I do believe in is my family, wife and two boys, and best friends I can count on two hands with fingers left over, the loyalty of a good dog, and the companionship of my old horse. And you know what Bobbo, I sleep real well at nights, I have very few cares or worries, and that all makes for a very happy existence.

And believe it or not mate, I actually even enjoy our little tete-a-tetes. They keep me amused. Cheers. :twisted:

Return to “Climate Change”