Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:45 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:JIm Said "Co2 is a greenhouse gas but its sensitivity is so low as to be meaningless." I asked you how sensitive it was and you mostly demurred but worked yourself into a corner that admitted it could raise sea level by 6 feet or more in 200 years give or take?..


You are hallucinating bobbo , mangling my words, and once again trying to divert the discussion away from warm blips. Instead of subterfuge, try showing debating the IPCC scientists' deletion of warm blips

So why have you not started a thread on sea level change???

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Image
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"
-- Oscar Wilde

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:09 pm

I take my LIBERAL viewpoint quite seriously. Liberal: open to new ideas. Even Climate Change is all natural..... but with every defective and dishonest argument that comes to the party, I have to admit "right now"...on this very post, I have decided to draw my line and consider the issue closed.

The IPCC is the accepted position. All else is hooey.................... until the IPCC shows a crack. THEN, I'll initiate review.

Application: a blip by definition is not a trend. Try to be relevant.

Correlation is not proof: "No, the sun isn’t driving global warming" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... 3fbfc26bcd

First time ever I posted a link without at least skimming the article. Headlines in support of AGW only for the foreseeable future. Thank you to JS and Robinson for firming up my position.

Ha, ha...........think I'll be more calcified LIBERAL in my review of bible vs science as well. Saves a lot of time.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I have decided to draw my line and consider the issue closed.

The IPCC is the accepted position. All else is hooey.................... until the IPCC shows a crack.


ROTFLMAO. You write as if this was a new revelation based on evidence. Your arguments have always been that you will blindly accept whatever the IPCC says. Except you think we all die sooner.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 am

Accepting....on initial introduction to the IPCC, took about 6 months. I didn't like their handling of water vapor.

Never Blind. And yes...the news is always that the IPCC is too conservative.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:23 pm
Custom Title: The other god
Location: The desert
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Paul Anthony » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 pm

People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm

"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"

-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:23 pm
Custom Title: The other god
Location: The desert
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Paul Anthony » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:19 pm

People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 pm

"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"

-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Image
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"

-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 am

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:12 am

No link: no credibility.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:20 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:No link: no credibility.


ROTFLMAO You always deny all evidence contrary to your gloom and doom beliefs no matter how many links. Its USHCN data. Check it out for yourself.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 am

No Link==>no evidence.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:55 am

“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:01 am

From the Top of the Page of your link:


January 2017 Was Third-Warmest January On Record


https://www.giss.nasa.gov/

I guess it takes baby steps to figure out what link to provide actually serves the intended purpose.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Its much easier to create warm "records" when the warm blips of the 30s have been deleted just as the IPCC scientists discussed. But warmunistas are such deniers!

Image


Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:03 am

[quote="bobbo_the_Pragmatist"]
January 2017 Was Third-Warmest January On Record



Here are the locations of African weather stations contributing to Bobbos 3rd warmest January. Notice the hotspot coincides with the greatest absence of weather stations. Can you say "imaginary warming"!


Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:03 am

As always: not bobbo but from your own linked website: NASA. I guess they make personal attacks against you too? So...you use NASA when it suits you, deny the same authority when it does not. What kind of fruit picking do you call that?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 pm

How They Got Rid Of The 1940-1970 Global Cooling

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/03/ ... l-cooling/

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 am

JS: Trying to be an honest reader in the subject gave me headaches regarding the conflicting always unfolding story of data graphs. Read in isolation, your chart above makes a strong argument and the detail regarding moving the temperature stations makes sense. Then you can read how its all something else.

Thats why I revert to what we can all see: sea level rise. Takes into consideration all the blips, all the temperature gauges that were placed in the exhaust of an air conditioner, city heat islands, polar vortexes, el nino's, solar activity, and whale farts.

.................and sea level keeps going up.

Just look.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:41 am

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby OutOfBreath » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 am

Still bitching about the data adjustments that adjust for equipment changes, heat island effects and so on?
And using random locations as "smoking guns"... (Iceland in vogue atm it seems)

Carry on. :sleep:

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Outabreath still bitching about the proof that IPCC scientists eliminated the warm blips just as they said they would

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby OutOfBreath » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Your "smoking gun" seems to be graphs showing that adjusting the data... adjusts how it looks... I mean "whoa dude, ya think"?

Do you have any valid criticism against the science and reasons for adjusting the data and hiw the adjustments checked out excellently when compared to a set of "unsoiled" sites? Or should I expect more duh graphs and some cherrypicked misleading figures as usual?

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

User avatar
Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:23 pm
Custom Title: The other god
Location: The desert
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Paul Anthony » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:37 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:No Link==>no evidence.


How would you know? You approach this subject with your eyes closed. :evil:
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:01 am

Gee Paul: that's exactly my point regarding no links.

Try to keep up.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:06 am

OutOfBreath wrote: the adjustments checked out excellently when compared to a set of "unsoiled" sites? Or should I expect more duh graphs and some cherrypicked misleading figures as usual?


OutoBreath with all due respect you dont know what you are talking about! FIrst you are not the least suspicious that instrumtental and tree ring temeprature data all around the world shows the warm blips?? Do you seriously think they all suffered from a systematic error? ROTFLMAO

Perhaps you can explain the mechanism that caused global observation of the warm blips on land and sea by a wide variety of instruments.

Please show me your unsoiled sites and explain why all the other data should be changed to match them?

Ill show you that just the opposite is true.

Lets start by comparing Marysville and neighboring Orland. Orland did not change its location or instrumentation, but it was homogenized to match Marysville that did change instruments and was re-located in a parking lot next to an air condiiotning vent. Marysville is DAn's idea of "unsoiled" ROTFLLMAO Alarmists can be in total denial

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:18 am

Here we can clearly see Dan's argument about unsoiled temperature data that any genius can understand.

Clearly 2017 data is unsoiled and 1999 data was soiled, 2017 unsoiled, 1999 soiled, . ROTFLMAO

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:52 pm

How 0.6C warming became 1.0 C warming


Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 pm

I've been doing a lot of research, and NOAA, GISS and BEST don't match up. All of them adjust data, but they don't do it the same way. And none of them match reality now.
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"

-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Warm Blip in Atlantic along the eastern USA

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 am

Must See Video Explains Disappearance of the warm Blip


https://youtu.be/gKgazkoHlTE
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Has the Arctic warmed Since the 30s?

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19776
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Let's just hope the US government doesn't delete climate data. I downloaded the EPA 2015 report this morning but there is only so much time I have and there is so much information.

You mean like the Department of the Interior scrubbing the entire climate change page? :?



ETA "Climate change information on other agencies within the Department of Interior, including the Bureau of Ocean and Energy Management, National Park Service and the U.S. Geological Survey, appears relatively untouched."
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10319
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:34 pm

It's all downwards trends from here.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19792
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Pyrrho wrote:It's all downwards trends from here.

They'll just flashy-thing the polars and they'll forget there was ever ice there.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 am

Pyrrho wrote:It's all downwards trends from here.


Your words may be more prophetic than you realize if natural climate cycles can predict the future.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10319
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Warming trend between ice ages. Used to be all interested in it when I was studying geology.

Image
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.


Return to “Climate Change”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest