Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11387
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:52 pm

They didn't have fridges then. Now if the planet gets too warm, the government can just mandate we all open our fridge doors at 4 PM.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm


A nice pictorial representation of........................ cherry picking.

Thank you. Thats how the deniers do it.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby OutOfBreath » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 pm


Now where is this graph from? A quick Google only locates this graph at that blog, while all alternatives I come across claiming NASA sources look very different. If it's supposed to mean something, I want a source on this graph which isn't a climate sceptic blog.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Deniers rarely provide links. Half the time its made up from whackos and the other half of the time the discussion at the link is about how the chart is actually wrong.

No one can explain this behavior other than promoting fraud.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Deniers rarely provide links. Half the time its made up from whackos and the other half of the time the discussion at the link is about how the chart is actually wrong.


ROTFLMAO Bobbo is the biggest denier who does not provide links

Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo you need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations that I have ever denied CO2 was a greenhouse gas, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:07 am

Jim Steele wrote:ROTFLMAO Bobbo is the biggest denier who does not provide links

Very consistent. Changing the common meaning of a term ("denier") just as you alter facts and conclusions from the few links you do provide.

So........do you deny that your attempts to establish that various cherry picked events on your part at caused by "Natural Cycles" and not affected at all by green house gases?

When you state AGW is real once, but post nothing but the opposite...............your position is understood.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby robinson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm

OutOfBreath wrote:Now where is this graph from? A quick Google only locates this graph at that blog, while all alternatives I come across claiming NASA sources look very different.
Welcome to the world of constantly changing graphs of "climate data".

I found another blog with a graph that says the source is the Alaska Satellite Facility (but I can't get the link to load)
https://www.asf.alaska.edu/program/gdc/ ... n/science/



Here's one from PBS (2014)



Neither matches the current "official" version, which is meant to be satirical, because there isn't one.
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"
-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:53 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Very consistent. Changing the common meaning of a term ("denier") just as you alter facts and conclusions from the few links you do provide.



Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo you need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations that I have ever denied CO2 was a greenhouse gas or altered facts, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 am

Being more specific.........what you say is that co2 is a green house gas..........but it has no effect.

If you disagree, say what your position is. Its much like the OP. You don't "say" co2 is not a green house gas......you just claim that any warming from it is from a "cabal of AGW scientist's self evident conspiracy..........."

You accept the science in one sentence here and there..........but then ignore what that means for the pages and pages you post. In a word, thats : INCONSISTENT.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:59 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:.you just claim that any warming from it is from a "cabal of AGW scientist's self evident conspiracy..........."


Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo you need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
[/quote]
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:00 am

Jim Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:.you just claim that any warming from it is from a "cabal of AGW scientist's self evident conspiracy..........."


Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo you need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:02 am

Jim Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:.you just claim that any warming from it is from a "cabal of AGW scientist's self evident conspiracy..........."


Bobbo continues to fabricate his own narratives, so....

Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo you need to first show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 am

The quote is from the OP.............the first post of this thread.

There is no narrative.........only my evaluation of your posts............ as given.

If co2 is a green house gas that comes from burning fossil fuels then the effect from that extra co2 will be warming and summed up as AGW. You post as if co2 is irrelevant. 97% of qualified scientists disagree. I go with the majority.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:29 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:The quote is from the OP.............the first post of this thread..


Jim Steele wrote:
Jim Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:.you just claim that any warming from it is from a "cabal of AGW scientist's self evident conspiracy..........."


Bobbo continues to fabricate his own narratives, so....

Jim Steele wrote:Bobbo for the umpteenth time you need to quote me exactly, not put your stupid words and misinterpretations in my mouth

so show the quotes and links proving your baseless accusations otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!


And contrived consensus is not evidence! Plus the 97% assertion is as bogus as any boobo claim!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Again.......not my claim. We've covered these topics already. Your opposition is called denial....because the evidence, logic, and entire warp and weave of Science is CLEAR.

Again.......your position is nonsense: co2 is a greenhouse gas, but it doesn't increase temperatures.

Dummy.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11387
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:26 am

Just poke it with a stick.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:01 am

Indeed I have provided very clear science to support every claim.

Jim Steele wrote: Boobo you need to quote me exactly, not put your stupid words and gross misinterpretations in my mouth, that only show your total failure to understand the complexities of the science.

So show the quotes and provide the links Mr. 2-face proving your baseless accusations, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:07 am

Jim Steele wrote:Indeed I have provided very clear science to support every claim.]

I agree the evidence you provide is valid.........but only as far as it goes. Some cherrypicked evidence limited in time and space that DOES NOT represent the world wide climate but rather only represent some localized condition.

You've gone so far down this mechanism you have any stated there is no such thing as global climate or world wide averages.

Once you pull back to the big picture............you've got nothing but a collection of the downward zigs that ignore the upward zags. Like Robinsons cherrypicked graph to show there is no general increase.

Pure BS.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:34 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: You've gone so far down this mechanism you have any stated there is no such thing as global climate or world wide averages.


Jim Steele wrote: Boobo you need to quote me exactly, not put your stupid words and gross misinterpretations in my mouth, that only show your total failure to understand the complexities of the science.

So show the quotes and provide the links Mr. 2-face proving your baseless accusations, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Arguing about "exactly" what was said or meant is a childish waste of time.

Lets deal with current reality: What is your opinion of the IPCC opinion that the Climate is warming due to man burning fossil fuels?

................and that such burning needs to be curtails asap before human society will be severely impacted by such practice?


..................in the next 100 years.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:37 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Arguing about "exactly" what was said or meant is a childish waste of time.


ROTFLAMO. No bobbo your incessant lies and purposeful misinterpretation are not only childish but dishonest trolling.

Jim Steele wrote: So Boobo you need to quote me exactly, not put your stupid words and gross misinterpretations in my mouth, that only reveal your total failure to understand the complexities of the science.

So show the quotes and provide the links Mr. 2-face proving your baseless accusations, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm

How can I get you together with Xouper?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Lets deal with current reality: What is your opinion of the IPCC opinion that the Climate is warming due to man burning fossil fuels?


ROTFLMAO....Another "artful" (deceptive!) dodge of an ignorant troll. Bobbo's verbal diarrhea has persisted in creating a bogus narrative based on his delusional interpretations of my claims and inability to comprehend the science. When his trolling falsehoods and ignorance are exposed and exact quotes and links are demanded, Boobo-the-2-FACE fails to provide any links to support his falsehoods and instead oddly asks for my opinions about climate change even though he already has falsely stated many times his interpretations of what I have posted.

So Boobo you need to quote me exactly, not put your stupid words and gross misinterpretations in my mouth, that only reveal your total failure to understand the complexities of the science. You fail to distinguish between a global average statistic and global climate. You fail to understand the global average is a chimera of varied regional climate drivers. You fail to understand that regional dynamics and natural variability must be accounted for, before we can reliably attribute and recent changes to rising CO2. You fail to understand that just because CO2 is a greenhouse gas, it does not follow we are all gonna die as your paranoia insists. ROTFLMAO

So show the quotes and provide the links Mr. 2-face proving your baseless accusations, otherwise you are proving once again you are just an ugly liar who repeats the same bogus crap ad nauseum!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Yeah......I'm gaslighting you. .................all part of the great cabal you reign victorious over.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 am

Do changes in sea level reflect global temperature change?

Image

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10. ... 497.1?af=R
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am

Yes.

................... think "chimera" or cherry picking in May.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2201
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:55 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Yes.

................... think "chimera" or cherry picking in May.



Huh?

Think All those warm blips make a boat load of cherries that only a blind man could deny
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26561
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:21 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:How can I get you together with Xouper?
Strangely, It appears Xouper stopped posting just like Sweetpea stopped posting. I don't know why.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10614
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Getting Rid of the 30s and 40s Warm Blips

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:54 am

I assume he's taking a break from the repetitive arguments and lack of respect he gets from the anti-gun crowd. Sweetpea got tired of the same thing regarding evolution?

It is disheartening.......same arguments year after year.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?


Return to “Climate Change”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest