Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:20 pm

The federal government paid out as much as $51 million in green car subsidies for Volkswagen diesel vehicles based on falsified pollution test results, according to a Times analysis of the federal incentives. Such green car incentives have also gone to buyers of hybrid, electric and hydrogen fuel cell cars. But the EPA does not track aggregate figures for incentives paid out to buyers of specific models or brands. –Jerry Hirsch, Los Angeles Times, 22 September 2015
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Label it "Green" and the government will pay. Or say your new paper supports Mann's hockey stick, only much worse, and you might get a professorship right out of university. Temperatures are "Zoom - right out of the elevator" - say it like the young fraud said it.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:16 pm

JIm Steele wrote:The federal government paid out as much as $51 million in green car subsidies for Volkswagen diesel vehicles based on falsified pollution test results, according to a Times analysis of the federal incentives. Such green car incentives have also gone to buyers of hybrid, electric and hydrogen fuel cell cars. But the EPA does not track aggregate figures for incentives paid out to buyers of specific models or brands. –Jerry Hirsch, Los Angeles Times, 22 September 2015


Doesn't this have about zero scientific fraud in it and 100% business/financial fraud instead?

All very revealing of the short term thinking of VW..kinda surprising in a farfenoodle (sic!) way. Wouldn't any "engineering oriented" exec know that eventually the fraud would be discovered? ............and then the business decision would be assessing the risk of prosecution and/or the amount of the fines.

The entire chain of people authenticting this fraud should go to jail. Lets see if one minor executive makes it.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
JIm Steele wrote:The entire chain of people authenticting this fraud should go to jail.


Yep. They must have been thinking we are all gonna die in 100 years, so who cares.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:16 pm

JIm Steele wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
JIm Steele wrote:The entire chain of people authenticting this fraud should go to jail.


Yep. They must have been thinking we are all gonna die in 100 years, so who cares.

I said they were short term thinkers....ie...less than 100 years. They don't think at all about what will happen 100 years from now.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:20 pm

JIm Steele wrote:Yep. They must have been thinking we are all gonna die in 100 years, so who cares.
ziiiiiinnnnnng! bobbo. Haw haw.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:29 pm

also posted in starving polar bear thread

More history on Steve Amstrup whose exact quote during an interview on the skinny bear is just more of his fear mongering
Shrinking sea ice is causing polar bears to starve with higher frequency, but "you can't say that any one individual is starving because of climate change"


Previously most PBSG experts thought cannibalism increased when the density of bears increased. In 1995, PBSG expert Steve Amstrup wrote, “We have also observed that larger bears often chase smaller bears away from kills, and sometimes even kill them” and then suggested that male polar bears may regulate the population by eating younger bears. This was supported by numerous anecdotal reports by Inuit who regularly observed large males eating smaller bears, and numerous other reports.

But the fame and fortune garnered by jumping on the global warming "we are all gonna die" bandwagon seem to steer Amstrup down a dark path of misleading fear mongering. In addition to reporting that he had observed large male bears chasing and sometime eating smaller bears, Amstrup also reported finding a female who had been killed and eaten by a large male and another death caused by two fighting males. But those published observations were suspiciously “forgotten” as Amstrup later hyped “unprecedented” cannibalism caused by global warming. He now wrote, “During 24 years of research on polar bears in the southern Beaufort Sea region of northern Alaska and 34 years in northwestern Canada, we have not seen other incidents [liar liar pants on fire] of polar bears stalking, killing, and eating other polar bears. We hypothesize that nutritional stresses related to the longer ice-free seasons that have occurred in the Beaufort Sea in recent years may have led to the cannibalism incidents we observed in 2004.”
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:41 pm

"Global Warming Funding Cause of Mysterious Mutation Found In Scientists"
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:03 pm

JS==YOU said Amstrup used the starving bear picture as proof (or fear mongering...whatever as its on a different thread) of global warming, and your evidence of that is Amstrup saying JUST THE OPPOSITE.

If bears need sea ice to hunt seals, and there is less sea ice, then the bears get more hungry. Common sense tells me that would result in some cannibalism. So......I don't see your point beyond you using evidence 180 degrees from its clear meaning.

No doubt a lack of sophistication on my part: read something you agree with, take it at face value. Read something you disagree with, say it means just the opposite. Check.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:If bears need sea ice to hunt seals, and there is less sea ice, then the bears get more hungry. Common sense tells me that would result in some cannibalism.


Bobbo continues his embarrassing display now revealing his ignorance about polar bear biology and mindlessly parrots "bears need ice to hunt".

interviewed Nunavut leaders in Rankin Inlet to the north of Churchill and they lamented, “it is wrong to connect the bears' behavior with starvation”. Inuit Association president Jose Kusugak didn’t mince his words, “It makes the south – southern people – look so ignorant. A male polar bear eating a cub becomes a big story and they try to marry it with climate change and so on, it becomes absurd when it’s a normal, normal occurrence.”


I wonder if the Inuit were referring to bobbo-the-ignorant

Get educated boobo and read http://landscapesandcycles.net/less-arc ... icial.html You will realize why your statements are wrong and foolish
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Steve Amstrup wrote: In 1995, PBSG expert Steve Amstrup wrote, “We have also observed that larger bears often chase smaller bears away from kills, and sometimes even kill them”


a female who had been killed and eaten by a large male.



Read it here:
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/ ... _young.pdf



“During 24 years of research on polar bears in the southern Beaufort Sea region of northern Alaska and 34 years in northwestern Canada, we have not seen other incidentsof polar bears stalking, killing, and eating other polar bears.


Polar bears kill and eat polar bears. The mutant scientists need to project fear.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby robinson » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:00 pm

mutant scientists ? What the hell does that even mean?
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"
-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Compared to historical data it hard to believe its unusually warm now unless alarmists use homogenized data that denies the original

Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
supervitor
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby supervitor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am

Sloppy, sloppy jimmy, always forgets to give us a source. At least we know he is trustworthy: he has a blog.

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:09 am

Cant' we send all these denialist fools on a one way trip to Venus or something ? They could stand there and argue that Venus doesn't have any global warming....while nicely roasting at 450C.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:12 am

Confucius say...." Never believe anyone who posts in Arial size 32 bold "
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:34 am

Cygnus_X1 wrote:Confucius say...." Never believe anyone who posts in Arial size 32 bold "


Typical troll psychobabble, and alarmists would fit the toll characterization far better as you deny the data once again!
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:11 am

Cygnus just took a drubbing...he's a bit sore.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:17 am

robinson wrote:mutant scientists ? What the hell does that even mean?
just having fun with the liars. It's not real science. they're not real scientists.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
supervitor
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby supervitor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:54 am

robinson wrote:mutant scientists ? What the hell does that even mean?

that they (Amstrup) changed their opinion on whether polar bears used to practice predation and canibalism before, I guess.
But it could be just a mistake, the first reference is just about chasing away younger bears from potential food, sometimes killing them.
the second reference actually reads "and a third [female] was apparently killed and eaten by a large male.", so I think they were not sure to have seen "other incidents of polar bears stalking, killing and eating other polar bears". Therefore no contradiction exists.

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:58 pm

robinson wrote:mutant scientists ? What the hell does that even mean?


And are they teenage ninja ones ?
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:59 pm

SweetPea wrote:Cygnus just took a drubbing...he's a bit sore.


Oh gawd, the favourite tactic of trolls who are losing the argument....declare 'victory' and that they gave everyone a 'drubbing'.

LOL.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Nope. Only Cygnus took a drubbing. nobody else in that thread. Nobody else went nuts and was broken. That's why after so long, he suddenly showed up here in the climate threads, to troll. That's what makes sense. That is what happened.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 am
Location: Middle Of Nowhere

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:50 pm

SweetPea wrote:Nope. Only Cygnus took a drubbing. nobody else in that thread. Nobody else went nuts and was broken. That's why after so long, he suddenly showed up here in the climate threads, to troll. That's what makes sense. That is what happened.


No I showed up here to counter YOUR endless obsessive denialist trolling and unscientific spam.

As for what 'makes sense'...I'm not sure you'd recognise it if it fell to Earth and made a 200 mile wide crater with you at the centre.

Drubbing ? Lol...dream on.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12885
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby SweetPea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:16 pm

He got messed up there and he's got himself messed up here already, after a few posts.
He's declaring that Homo sapiens did not descend from an ape. Haw haw. He's on auto-lose.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Torture the data and it will tell you whatever you want. Paranoid alarmists couldn't accept the idea there had been no warming for the past 18 years so NOAA scientists tortured the data re-wrote the past and now argue there was not pause in global warming.

But for years the consensus among top climate experts, based on the best data sets, has been there has been no warming since 2000.

Dr. Phil Jones – CRU emails – 5th July, 2005

“The scientific community would come down on me in no uncertain terms if I said the world had cooled from 1998. OK it has but it is only 7 years of data and it isn’t statistically significant….”


Dr. Phil Jones – CRU emails – 7th May, 2009

‘Bottom line: the ‘no upward trend’ has to continue for a total of 15 years before we get worried.’


Dr. Judith L. Lean – Geophysical Research Letters – 15 Aug 2009

“…This lack of overall warming is analogous to the period from 2002 to 2008 when decreasing solar irradiance also countered much of the anthropogenic warming…”



Dr. Kevin Trenberth – CRU emails – 12 Oct. 2009

“Well, I have my own article on where the heck is global warming…..The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t.”



Dr. Mojib Latif – Spiegel – 19th November 2009

“At present, however, the warming is taking a break,"……."There can be no argument about that.”
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 pm

“While I’m sure this latest analysis from NOAA will be regarded as politically useful for the Obama administration, I don’t regard it as a particularly useful contribution to our scientific understanding of what is going on,” Judith Curry, a climate science professor at Georgia Tech, wrote in a response to the study.


Curry went on to show the new tortured statistics were the outlier within the realm of scientific evidence saying the adjusted data doesn’t match other independent measures of temperature.


“The new NOAA dataset disagrees with a UK dataset, which is generally regarded as the gold standard for global sea surface temperature datasets,” she said. “The new dataset also disagrees with ARGO buoys and satellite analyses.”
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:47 am

Dr. James Hansen – NASA GISS – 15 January 2013

“The 5-year mean global temperature has been flat for a decade, which we interpret as a combination of natural variability and a slowdown in the growth rate of the net climate forcing.”

“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:57 am

I thought all the "missing heat" was found in the deep ocean where it was not previously looked for as it was assumed not to go there? With everything back on track now.

You know....making claims, even with a cut and paste without the backup links is only slightly more annoying than answering direct questions with only conclusions that the answer should already be known.

Hmmm....I should list at least a third strike?....I mean....other than thinking you negate formal reports from expert groups in the field by comments made on a blog or an excerpt from a letter by one person. That realty stinks too.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:48 am

You said you don't read science papers, so I stopped providing links. Clearly you dont read them as they are outside the fringe of your IQ. If you are really interested in the science, then you can find the links yourself.

If you read the literature you would know that the heat hiding in the ocean was just one many hypothesis explaining the lack of global warming. Now that NOAA and Karl tortured the data to say there was no hiatus, where did Trenberth's missing heat come from if it had been warming the surface all this time? :mrgreen: Or maybe Trenberth exaggerated a little about finding the heat as several other scientists suggested. Were all the other explanations by the beloved consensus wrong??? All the explanations cant be right. Who is the genius with the correct explanation, which in turn makes everyone else wrong? Ad if the science is settled why so many diverging hypotheses. But all those "dithering details" do not matter to Bobbo-the-paranoid. We are all gonna die because CO2 has increased!

Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we try to deceive!


Prof. Shaowu Wang et al – Advances in Climate Change Research – 2010

“…The decade of 1999-2008 is still the warmest of the last 30 years, though the global temperature increment is near zero;…”



Dr. Robert K. Kaufmann – PNAS – 2nd June 2011

“…..it has been unclear why global surface temperatures did not rise between 1998 and 2008…..”



Dr. Gerald A. Meehl – Nature Climate Change – 18th September 2011
“There have been decades, such as 2000–2009, when the observed globally averaged surface-temperature time series shows little increase or even a slightly negative trend1 (a hiatus period)….”
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
robinson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 am
Custom Title: Sometimes nothing is real cool

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby robinson » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Facts aren't going to change anything. If it was about facts, there would be no dispute in these matters
"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they will kill you"

-- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:43 pm

NASA defiles science and changes data to fit their catastrophic theory.


Image
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:41 am

Science is a bumpy path to the truth. Unlike religion where certainty is determined at some point.

Never satisfying when the two magisteriums interact. I withdraw.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Intellectual Tyranny Defiles Science

France’s Top TV Weatherman Suspended for Criticising Climate Dogma

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... hange.html
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Hey Lausten beware!

Amazon is suing phony reviewers!

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top? ... dd95680a3f
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 am

JIm Steele wrote:Intellectual Tyranny Defiles Science

France’s Top TV Weatherman Suspended for Criticising Climate Dogma

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... hange.html

Interesting read I suppose but it is more about selling advertising time on tv than it is about science. I have noticed a very sloppy habit on your part to confuse topics/subjects/issues because of simple word association. In the universal Venn Diagram..."science" intersects with just about every other circle. Silly to equate the distinctions with the overlap.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:53 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I have noticed a very sloppy habit on your part to confuse topics/subjects/issues because of simple word association. In the universal Venn Diagram..."science" intersects with just about every other circle. Silly to equate the distinctions with the overlap.


WTF you talking about???? There is no confusion on my part! Of course science can intersect with everything. The intersection we are discussing is government suppression of alternative scientific explanations. Your persistent attempts to constrain the discussion to tobacco as if that explains climate science issues, is the only example of someone confusing the topics/subjects/issues.
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:03 am

Ummm....you deny that a tv station censoring a tv weatherman has nothing to do with tv/ratings/viewer complaints/popularity?

"France Télévisions is currently funded by the revenue from television licence fees and commercial advertising." Ad rates based on viewership. Follow the money!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_T% ... %A9visions
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jim Steele
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am
Custom Title: Consensus is not evidence
Contact:

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby Jim Steele » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 am

Bobbo-the-fascists again tries to misdirect the issue that governments are engaged in intellectual tyranny with his cherry picked BS! The government controls the station and "new law on public broadcasting will phase out commercial advertising on the public television channels " The station broadcasts whatever the government says and is independent of popularity that would sway commercial advertising. The station is supported by "television licence fees"
“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11017
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Crack Down on Scientific Fraudsters

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 am

"The station broadcasts whatever the government says and is independent of popularity that would sway commercial advertising."....................Link Please.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?


Return to “Climate Change”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gawdzilla Sama and 1 guest