It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Them polls - he hates 'em

“Just heard Fake News CNN is doing polls again despite the fact that their election polls were a WAY OFF disaster. Much higher ratings at Fox,” Trump wrote on Twitter

While Trump’s social media post indicated that CNN had taken a hiatus from polling following the election, the cable network has actually continued to conduct regular polls.


Or is it only CNN, even though others are equally unfavorable? For what it's worth, here's the (apparently somewhat outdated) FOX News Poll
Do you approve or disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing as president

12-14 Mar 17, Approve - 43%, Disapprove - 51%

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Josh Marshall wonders if the dramatic change in the Gallup polling might not be noise - or, if not, he suggests these two causes:
First is Obamacare repeal, which is now tied to tens of millions of people losing their health insurance coverage. . . . no one buys the idea that tens of millions will lose coverage because the government was somehow forcing it on them in the first place.

The other cause may be less obvious. I believe President Trump's inability to move the bill forward may be hurting him as much or more than the substance and consequences of the bill itself.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm

I see Trump's dishonestly trolling Comey's testimony (intelligence investigation ofTrump's campaign is underway, investigation probes both contacts and coordination, US intelligence did not go around the law to have the Brits spy on Trump) using twitter.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Healthcare had something like 35%/55% approval/disapproval in FOX's March 12-14, 2017 poll. Gallup calculates its numbers over three days, maybe the other WMD (WH Merkel Debacle) didn't help either. :-P

And besides polls, I figured he'd also rather you don't look there...

• Comey confirmed the FBI is investigating Russia’s meddling in the presidential election, including possible links between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
...
• Comey defended the intelligence community's January conclusion that Russian President Vladimir Putin eventually wanted to help Trump win the election...



He also shot down President Donald Trump's explosive claim that President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower in the run-up to the presidential election.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Trump trolling the hearings on twitter. Trey Gowdy reading lists of Democrats who might have leaked the dope on Flynn, to smear their names. Turner, Republican of OH, describes the investigation of Russian election meddling as a threat to democracy - not Russian attempts to influence the election but the investigation of those attempts. Whole lotta trollin' going on.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2943
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm

2017 -
the most powerful tool at the disposal of the Commander in Chief is Twitter.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Look who's back! Good seeing ya, EM.


But I somehow can't see how their flailing would be in any way helpful with the populace at large. Considering approval/disapproval of the Republican Congress with 29%/63% already was below that of the Democrats (32%/60%).

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm


User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Besides his bigoted and racist remarks, other things he now wishes were forgotten...

Trump Invites Russia to Find Hillary’s Deleted Emails: ‘You’ll Be Rewarded’ by the Press

July 27th, 2016

So Donald Trump, the man who calls himself the “law and order candidate,” effectively said at a Wednesday press conference that he “hope[s]” that Russia did, in fact, hack and steal the deleted emails of Hillary Clinton.

Trump has offered glowing praise of the Russian president in the past, and today he denied a previous statement of his where he said that he once spent time with Putin.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Sphincter says that Trump still maintains that Obama wire tapped him.

HuffPo's top headline on the congressional hearings shows the problem with Sphincter's contortions and Trump's nah-nah-nah: "Comey Exposes Crackpot."
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 pm

LOL

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter says that Trump still maintains that Obama wire tapped him.


This will continue. Trump cannot admit any fault and the Trumplings (i.e. his supporters) will always believe their God-Emperor.

I wonder if we will get an Ian fly-by.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:In order to not allow the communists, Jews, and other anti-American freaks who inhabit this forum a free hand to distort facts, and tell outrageous lies about our new president, I will be posting President Donald Trump's weekly address to the nation in this topic from time to time.

God Bless America!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoL-fZK64A


Bump for Ian...

Ian, any thoughts on your bat-shit crazy God-Emperor?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm


User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

The Crackpot's approval numbers were marginally better at Gallup 39-55 - but disapprove fell, and approve rose. So it goes.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927


User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter says that Trump still maintains that Obama wire tapped him.


This will continue. Trump cannot admit any fault and the Trumplings (i.e. his supporters) will always believe their God-Emperor.

I wonder if we will get an Ian fly-by.



You said exactly what I thought. Trump NEVER admits error. If something goes wrong, he points fingers at other people. But this has got to be damaging. If the Democrats aren't compiling a dossier for their candidates to use in 2018, they are worse nebbishes than I thought.

But Mulvaney's Sunday comments on the alleged manipulation of labor statistics is just another example of the way these guys {!#%@} all over the place. They make vicious charges, offer no evidence for them, then just fade away, knowing that the charge alone is sufficient among the people they are trying to fool. That's going to be deadly for public life for decades to come. Time to recall some words from a century ago, updated: The lamps are going out all over America. We shall not see them relit in our lifetime.
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter says that Trump still maintains that Obama wire tapped him.

HuffPo's top headline on the congressional hearings shows the problem with Sphincter's contortions and Trump's nah-nah-nah: "Comey Exposes Crackpot."



But they've really got him rattled now. The official story was that he was in Florida on a working week-end. They had to walk that back after he FORGOT TO REMOVE HIS GOLFING GLOVE before getting his picture made.
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter says that Trump still maintains that Obama wire tapped him.


This will continue. Trump cannot admit any fault and the Trumplings (i.e. his supporters) will always believe their God-Emperor.

I wonder if we will get an Ian fly-by.



You said exactly what I thought. Trump NEVER admits error. If something goes wrong, he points fingers at other people. But this has got to be damaging. If the Democrats aren't compiling a dossier for their candidates to use in 2018, they are worse nebbishes than I thought.

But Mulvaney's Sunday comments on the alleged manipulation of labor statistics is just another example of the way these guys {!#%@} all over the place. They make vicious charges, offer no evidence for them, then just fade away, knowing that the charge alone is sufficient among the people they are trying to fool. That's going to be deadly for public life for decades to come. Time to recall some words from a century ago, updated: The lamps are going out all over America. We shall not see them relit in our lifetime.


Exactly. It's enough to make an unfounded accusation and then let it continue. It's enough to make their supporters howl, any rebuttal will be decried as "fake news!"

This is actually clever. Toss a lie out, let the media report it and deny any wrongdoing even after the head of the FBI says it never happened.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 pm

FAUX News Nation...

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am


Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 am

Trump is really an idiot. He's insulted the FBI, CIA and NSA and he's now going international insulting UK signals intelligence workers at the GCHQ.

It is my guess, that a President making false accusations about the Crown's activities, is a trigger that would allow the JIC to legally start the ball rolling monitoring Trump.
:D

"to monitor and give early warning of the development of direct and indirect threats and opportunities in those fields to British interests or policies and to the international community as a whole"

I'm dying for trump to insult the German BND, who monitor Russian communications. :D

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:44 am


User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 am

Anyone else finds it funny (and telling) that Reptards have to label themselves "fair", "neutral", "independent", "balanced", "honest" etc.?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:38 am

Gah, another schmooze fest with same old same old - in every regard.

Trump sidesteps Russia inquiry at Kentucky rally

The typically-combative Trump did not mention Russia or Comey, who directly refuted the president's allegation that he was "wiretapped" by former President Barack Obama...earlier in the day.

The audience at the Kentucky Exposition Center's Freedom Hall in Louisville was instead treated to remarks bearing a resemblance to Trump's campaign stump speeches. For just over 40 minutes, the president touched on staples of his agenda, including the effort to secure the nation's southern border, repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act and prevent instances of terrorism.


Yeah, the AH-CACA were you have the freedom to purchase less coverage for higher cost, must pay a penalty to the insurances if you lapse in the luxury, and which will retain the very popular coverage for adult kids (which is nice for students and those with low income but could help lower cost if dropped or modified) but makes seniors pay half their often meager yearly income for coverage.

But rejoice, at least the WH is now truly becoming a family business, with his little girl getting all the goods... and Spicey performing his by now familiar comedy routine.


:heh:

The Pinocchio Test

The president's tweets throughout the day were misleading, inaccurate or simply false. The gravity of the disclosures might have called for a more restrained response, as a White House well of credibility is only so deep. But the president chose another approach -- which clearly backfired, tweet after tweet.

Score: Four out of four possible Pinocchios ~ WaPo

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Trump is really an idiot. He's insulted the FBI, CIA and NSA and he's now going international insulting UK signals intelligence workers at the GCHQ.

It is my guess, that a President making false accusations about the Crown's activities, is a trigger that would allow the JIC to legally start the ball rolling monitoring Trump.
:D

"to monitor and give early warning of the development of direct and indirect threats and opportunities in those fields to British interests or policies and to the international community as a whole"

I'm dying for trump to insult the German BND, who monitor Russian communications. :D


Nothing new about him being a wanker... Living in Philly for years and watching loads of stuff regarding his activities in Atlantic City, there's scads of news of what a criminal piece of {!#%@} he is.... laying around in newspaper archives, his contacts with the 5 families in NYC and here. He's a {!#%@} pig. Then/now.


User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 am

:rotfl:

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:20 am

Adam Schiff performed brilliantly at the hearings, really brought the fight to the bastards. What say you gentlemen? Should he seek the Democratic nomination?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:01 am

Sphincter yesterday said that Paul Manafort, sought by Ukraine prosecutors for questioning, had a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign. He was in the minor role of first convention manager, then campaign chairman. The DOJ has refused to respond to requests from Ukraine to help in their investigation of Manafort - two formal requests and five reminders have gone unanswered, one request having been sent directly to Comey. Manafort may not even be called as a witness by the House intelligence committee, POLITICO reports, because Republicans with their majority control the list of witnesses.

In his Kentucky rally last night, Trump didn't mention Comey's disclosures - intelligence investigation of his campaign's contacts with Russia, no Obama wire tapp - but trotted out his old campaign talking points instead. He did call for the draining of the swamp he keeps filling with Goldman Sachs types and other lagoon creatures. And took credit for the fact the no football team will sign Colin Kaepernick. And went on a ramble praising Henry Clay and the American System, the same Henry Clay who Trump's supposed hero Andy Jackson regretted not shooting.

Meanwhile, in trivial stuff, Tillerson's nearly media-free tour of Asia is being panned for exposing his own poor preparation and making stark US policy incoherence - and it is announced that Tillerson will skip the next NATO meeting.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 am

Jeff_36 wrote:Adam Schiff performed brilliantly at the hearings, really brought the fight to the bastards. What say you gentlemen? Should he seek the Democratic nomination?

Meh. If the Dems think the next election is about Russia, they've already lost it.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 14928
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:09 am

Remember way back last summer when being under FBI investigation was disqualifying for being president?
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 am

Sounds like he's already found a scapegoat for his supporters to hate even more and to carry his promised tax cuts fiasco (presumably a partial failure, one might think - swamp dwellers will be pleased with the proposals): Trumpcare must happen first, then the promised land (as Ryan said, first they need to clear what's related to the ACA regarding taxes so it's easier for them to ruin those later...).

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 18832
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Remember way back last summer when being under FBI investigation was disqualifying for being president?

I miss Bernie, too. :-P

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 am

scrmbldggs wrote:FAUX News Nation...



AKA "Fakes and Friends"?
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter yesterday said that Paul Manafort, sought by Ukraine prosecutors for questioning, had a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign. He was in the minor role of first convention manager, then campaign chairman. The DOJ has refused to respond to requests from Ukraine to help in their investigation of Manafort - two formal requests and five reminders have gone unanswered, one request having been sent directly to Comey. Manafort may not even be called as a witness by the House intelligence committee, POLITICO reports, because Republicans with their majority control the list of witnesses.


I'm recalling the "Bobby Who?" scandal under LBJ. In 1963, LBJ said Bobby (last name, I forget) was "the first person I see every morning and the last person I see at night." Then, in 1965, after Bobby got investigated, LBJ said he had practically no dealings with him. The show "That Was the Week that Was" (known as TW3), ran a story about "the Lyndon Bird, which, in distress, emits a plaintive cry of 'Bobby who?'. Background for the youngsters: LBJ's wife was Lady Bird Johnson, and his daughter was Lynda Byrd Johnson.)

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Meanwhile, in trivial stuff, Tillerson's nearly media-free tour of Asia is being panned for exposing his own poor preparation and making stark US policy incoherence - and it is announced that Tillerson will skip the next NATO meeting.


Thanks for that info. I had the impression that Tillerson was a voice of sanity that the Chinese were eager to deal with in preference to Trump. If he screwed this up, we are in trouble indeed. Well, that's business. It's also the reason business people shouldn't be running diplomacy.
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7003
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby TJrandom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote: ... I'm recalling the "Bobby Who?" scandal under LBJ. In 1963, LBJ said Bobby (last name, I forget) was "the first person I see every morning and the last person I see at night." ...


Maybe that was his pet name for his peepee.... :lol:

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sphincter yesterday said that Paul Manafort, sought by Ukraine prosecutors for questioning, had a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign. He was in the minor role of first convention manager, then campaign chairman. The DOJ has refused to respond to requests from Ukraine to help in their investigation of Manafort - two formal requests and five reminders have gone unanswered, one request having been sent directly to Comey. Manafort may not even be called as a witness by the House intelligence committee, POLITICO reports, because Republicans with their majority control the list of witnesses.


I'm recalling the "Bobby Who?" scandal under LBJ. In 1963, LBJ said Bobby (last name, I forget) was "the first person I see every morning and the last person I see at night." Then, in 1965, after Bobby got investigated, LBJ said he had practically no dealings with him. The show "That Was the Week that Was" (known as TW3), ran a story about "the Lyndon Bird, which, in distress, emits a plaintive cry of 'Bobby who?'. Background for the youngsters: LBJ's wife was Lady Bird Johnson, and his daughter was Lynda Byrd Johnson.)

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Meanwhile, in trivial stuff, Tillerson's nearly media-free tour of Asia is being panned for exposing his own poor preparation and making stark US policy incoherence - and it is announced that Tillerson will skip the next NATO meeting.


Thanks for that info. I had the impression that Tillerson was a voice of sanity that the Chinese were eager to deal with in preference to Trump. If he screwed this up, we are in trouble indeed. Well, that's business. It's also the reason business people shouldn't be running diplomacy.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Baker

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm

WTF!!! The latest issue of The Atlantic arrived yesterday, and the cover teased the reader with the headline, "How Kellyanne Conway Controls Her Boss". Huh! Who said this man is under control? The actual story, though, on p. 44, gives a different impression:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... se/517821/
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett
Location: West Coast of New England

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote: ... I'm recalling the "Bobby Who?" scandal under LBJ. In 1963, LBJ said Bobby (last name, I forget) was "the first person I see every morning and the last person I see at night." ...


Maybe that was his pet name for his peepee.... :lol:



:lol:

LBJ was very proud of his equipment. He would often call a secretary in, then urinate into the sink while she was there. He also urinated on the Senate parking lot, making sure to do so when the secretaries were leaving work for home.
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."


Return to “Holocaust Denial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests