It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4683
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeff_36 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:I missed this one; a friend sent me the link this morning: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ovies.html


Surely he's heard of the MPAA?

Apparently not. It's this kind of "gotcha" politics that has to end. Trying to trip him up on minor points of trivia . . . :)


Oh no, I say we keep it up, expose him for the fool that he is. Maybe the WWC will clue in after the thousandth faux pas.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Dr Trump, grief counselor in chief, to the rescue: Samantha Fuentes, a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, recuperating in hospital, reports on a call she received from the president, saying that he “didn’t make me feel better in the slightest.” She also noted that, “He said he heard that I was a big fan of his, and then he said, ‘I’m a big fan of yours too.’ I’m pretty sure he made that up. Talking to the president, I’ve never been so unimpressed by a person in my life.” And she said that he called the shooter “sick puppy” and expressed his concern by repeating, “‘oh boy, oh boy, oh boy,’ like, seven times.”

Seems that someone forgot to write out a reminder to him: “I hear you . . . pretend to have empathy”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/p ... oints.html
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:.......and he's done. Walks off to "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

Should have gone with "Tumblin Dice"

. . . so tired of winning, like the USA Olympics team . . .


Gold Medal games should not be decided in shootout! AAAARRRRRRGGGGH!

I digress..... :roll:

LOL
nor should there by "sports" that are won by "personality," "artistry" or "trick" scores awarded by judges . . . just sayin'
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:I missed this one; a friend sent me the link this morning: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ovies.html


Surely he's heard of the MPAA?

Apparently not. It's this kind of "gotcha" politics that has to end. Trying to trip him up on minor points of trivia . . . :)


Oh no, I say we keep it up, expose him for the fool that he is. Maybe the WWC will clue in after the thousandth faux pas.

WWC?

(I was being sarcastic . . . indeed, the {!#%@} needs to be called on his BS and blind stupidity.)
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23520
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Dr Trump, grief counselor in chief, to the rescue: Samantha Fuentes, a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, recuperating in hospital, reports on a call she received from the president, saying that he “didn’t make me feel better in the slightest.” She also noted that, “He said he heard that I was a big fan of his, and then he said, ‘I’m a big fan of yours too.’ I’m pretty sure he made that up. Talking to the president, I’ve never been so unimpressed by a person in my life.” And she said that he called the shooter “sick puppy” and expressed his concern by repeating, “‘oh boy, oh boy, oh boy,’ like, seven times.”

Seems that someone forgot to write out a reminder to him: “I hear you . . . pretend to have empathy”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/p ... oints.html

It's really difficult to deal with the adult on the line for liddle' Donny.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4683
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeff_36 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:I missed this one; a friend sent me the link this morning: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ovies.html


Surely he's heard of the MPAA?

Apparently not. It's this kind of "gotcha" politics that has to end. Trying to trip him up on minor points of trivia . . . :)


Oh no, I say we keep it up, expose him for the fool that he is. Maybe the WWC will clue in after the thousandth faux pas.

WWC?

(I was being sarcastic . . . indeed, the {!#%@} needs to be called on his BS and blind stupidity.)


White Working Class. The Trumpian phalanx. If he loses the WWC it'll be like the destruction of the Old Guard at Waterloo or the charge of the Winged Hussars at Vienna - a seismic shift that would put his whole coalition to flight.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm

. . . and I don't want to hear that the solution is raising the age for legal purchasing of weapons of mass destruction . . .
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:White Working Class. The Trumpian phalanx. If he loses the WWC it'll be like the destruction of the Old Guard at Waterloo or the charge of the Winged Hussars at Vienna - a seismic shift that would put his whole coalition to flight.

ah, no signs of that happening yet . . . many seem to value the white part more than the working class part . . .
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4134
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Instead of raising the age to buy guns, why not lower the age to buy beer and legalize weed?
I lot of teenage-angst can be self-medicated away.
Not like I'm talking out of experience or anything.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:28 pm

LOL
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

from a friend: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -ever.html

"Trump has not infected conservatism. Conservatism has infected Trump."
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4134
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:30 pm

No surprise: conservatism has a handful or solutions for whatever problem.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:White Working Class. The Trumpian phalanx. If he loses the WWC it'll be like the destruction of the Old Guard at Waterloo or the charge of the Winged Hussars at Vienna - a seismic shift that would put his whole coalition to flight.

ah, no signs of that happening yet . . . many seem to value the white part more than the working class part . . .

a concise, pointed, and useful exploration of what is really going on in American politics right now - on "the other side" of things (and a reason to beware the chimera of a white working class "uprising" - I am thinking of you Bernie): "How White Suburban Women Are Organizing in Middle America"
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Trump considering offer from Adelson to pay for US Embassy move to Jerusalem - next up: The NRA Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Agency, The Ford Motor Co National Transportation Board, and the KKK Civil Rights Division?
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Trump now writing performance appraisals for employees of local government agencies. Jeffk, I know you're in a state agency, but you hate doing PAs, maybe the prez will pitch in with yours?

And Donny Ice Cream fails to see how this episode undermines all his blather about "problem solved" . . .
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Instead of raising the age to buy guns, why not lower the age to buy beer and legalize weed?
I lot of teenage-angst can be self-medicated away.
Not like I'm talking out of experience or anything.


Of course not.....me, neither. :D

I still want to see Sessions stoned.
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:56 pm

please no, my eyes, my eyes

they know all about you at Rodoh, Jeffk :)
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trump now writing performance appraisals for employees of local government agencies. Jeffk, I know you're in a state agency, but you hate doing PAs, maybe the prez will pitch in with yours?

And Donny Ice Cream fails to see how this episode undermines all his blather about "problem solved" . . .

this comment from mickeyg at TPM: "Armed Sheriff's Deputy did a poor job. Can't wait to see how Louise the Lunch Lady does when it's her turn !"

Individualistic macho heroism as national policy, Jesus wept. Without knowing more, I'd say it's possible that this poor sheriff's deputy didn't have good options and may have even followed protocol . . .
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Alfonso Calderon, "Just Kids"

https://youtu.be/LM72dQ_UBRI
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:quick question - What President reads an insipid poem about snakes out loud as part of a speech? It's one thing to do it on the campaign trail but IN OFFICE?

Josh Marshall offers, "Trump now telling story of 'tender woman'" who took in sick snake she took pity on only to have the 'vicious snake' murder her. Basically some weird psycho-sexual BS that must appeal to Trump on like ten levels and also appeal to bible literalists. Get a room, Don."

But it's worse than poor literary standards or bizarre speechifying or Trump's psychological demons . . . so I'd say, a right wing racist loon and a crude demagogue . . .

The "Snake" parable in Trump's telling is an anti-immigration screed, which he explains concerns "the border," positioning immigrants as poisonous snakes insinuating themselves into the country in order to destroy its people:
I saved you, cried the woman. And you’ve bitten me, heavens why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I’m going to die.
Oh, shut up, silly woman, said the reptile with a grin.
You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.

And that’s what we’re doing with our country, folks. We’re letting people in. And it is going to be a lot of trouble. It is only getting worse.

This reminds me of something else: Der Gifpilz: "Just as it is often hard to tell a toadstool from an edible mushroom, so too it is often very hard to recognize the Jew as a swindler and criminal”
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:54 pm

and more on immigration, the CPAC audience rises as one with stormy indignation against, er, data presented by Koch-founded, conservative think tank! "Data Clashes With Emotion As CPAC Immigration Panel Goes Off The Rails"
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:42 pm

btw The Snake, which is not actually a poem and has nothing to do with immigration . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULx9k2QkL94
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:44 pm

{!#%@} terrorists

throw the book at them, so to speak - and FB too
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:50 pm

A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm

ROFL they know how to use the new media, too
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Trump says the man's a piece of crap who doesn't love kids - but the man's performance record is a bit different ("One of the nominations for the deputy of the year award, written by a supervisor in March 2017, noted that Peterson 'takes pride in protecting the students, faculty and staff at his school'"): https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/schoo ... index.html

The scapegoat - or a deep state operative? http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -scapegoat

But there are other reports, besides the sheriff's, that are negative about the deputy. Two other officers have been suspended, for unexplained reasons.

I think it might be a good idea to let all the facts, training background and protocol, situational analysis, and opportunities available play out a bit before being too firm in judgments about this aspect of the case. We don't know if the man froze, made errors of judgment or analysis, or came to a reasonable judgment based on the information available to him at the time.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9544
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby TJrandom » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Arm the teachers…
Next up: Well, arm the teachers with AR-15s…
Sometime later: Well, add hand grenades…

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23520
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 pm

So Dumpy, as he's wont to do, waited for all the facts to come in to condemn the deputy? And is making bribery legal and noble by letting it happen in public and broad daylight. What a fine... thing.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:04 am

Well, this is depressing.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 am

so Rosenstein went to McGahn to convey this: "Top Justice Dept. official alerted White House 2 weeks ago to ongoing issues in Kushner’s security clearance"

this has to be based on Mueller's findings

so now Trump (I'll let the general make that call) wants to have Kelly further support this nepotistic crap
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 am

"Many social reforms have been held back long after their time was ripe by this rural-seniority political culture. Gun control is another such reform: American legislators have been inordinately responsive to the tremendous lobby maintained by the National Rifle Association, in tandem with gunmakers and importers, military sympathizers, and far-right organizations. A nation that could not devise a system of gun control . . . at a moment of profound popular revulsion against guns, is not likely to get such a system in the calculable future. One must wonder how grave a domestic gun catastrophe would have to be in order to persuade us. How far must things go?"

- Richard Hofstadter, 1970, "America As A Gun Culture"
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23520
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:56 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:so Rosenstein went to McGahn to convey this: "Top Justice Dept. official alerted White House 2 weeks ago to ongoing issues in Kushner’s security clearance"

this has to be based on Mueller's findings

so now Trump (I'll let the general make that call) wants to have Kelly further support this nepotistic crap

It's a broken system. It won't bend to his desires...
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1395
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 am

id like to be the first to point out that because of trump , south korea has realized -

that north and south korea have a common enemy .

the usa

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:56 am

A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23520
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:02 am

Several businesses are pulling their support for the NRA, hopefully that's a lasting and widening trend. Who knows, maybe one day they will actually act on those positive things they claim they stand for...
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:04 am


sad story, I remember news stories about Martin's time with the Dolphins
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22181
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Several businesses are pulling their support for the NRA, hopefully that's a lasting and widening trend. Who knows, maybe one day they will actually act on those positive things they claim they stand for...

I think it is time to remember this oldie but goodie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKfMlQ7KWFE
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23520
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:09 am

.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31665
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Gord » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 am

TJrandom wrote:Arm the teachers…
Next up: Well, arm the teachers with AR-15s…
Sometime later: Well, add hand grenades…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4115
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:I missed this one; a friend sent me the link this morning: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ovies.html


Surely he's heard of the MPAA?

Apparently not. It's this kind of "gotcha" politics that has to end. Trying to trip him up on minor points of trivia . . . :)


Oh no, I say we keep it up, expose him for the fool that he is. Maybe the WWC will clue in after the thousandth faux pas.

WWC?

(I was being sarcastic . . . indeed, the {!#%@} needs to be called on his BS and blind stupidity.)


White Working Class. The Trumpian phalanx. If he loses the WWC it'll be like the destruction of the Old Guard at Waterloo or the charge of the Winged Hussars at Vienna - a seismic shift that would put his whole coalition to flight.


But the forward phalanx is backed by a lot of heavy artillery, and CPAC is still a formidable redoubt. We need to keep our eye on the main thing: Until the economy crashes, Trump is protected, and no amount of treason or incompetence will inspire the bottom-dwellers in the GOP to get rid of him.
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.


Return to “Politics and Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest