It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 am

Lard, save me from your followers.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:00 am

ElectricMonk wrote:yep, it's the "entitlement" of the poorest that is the problem...

warfare with words.

Say what? I thought he was agett`n ready to go after the 1%ers... them being entitled to lower taxes, bigger tax rebates, more deductions, living on the backs of the 99%, etc. :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:12 am

Pence has already won gold in Junior High School Eye Rolling, Taunting Gay Athletes, Arriving Late/Leaving Early at Host Country Dinner, Bantam Weight Scowling, and Avoiding Eye Contact with Evil Technicals.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:43 am

scrmbldggs wrote:As expected, puppy dog-eyed Paul Ryan is prepared to "fully deal with this debt crisis - it is entitlement reform"... more on the "deficit hawks". :roll:

Flatulence of the Fiscal Dorks
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 am

Something new about the newest Walmart greeter: According to Bernstein, Rachel Brand's husband (Jonathan F. Cohn) works at the law firm that's going to take over the defense of Rick Gates. Apparently, the White House has been aware of that, and that Rachel Brand would have to recuse herself from the investigation, should Rosenstein be fired...

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:As expected, puppy dog-eyed Paul Ryan is prepared to "fully deal with this debt crisis - it is entitlement reform"... more on the "deficit hawks". :roll:

Flatulence of the Fiscal Dorks

Nobody got that horseshite during Reagan's administration... Hasn't been a Rep who wanted to save a dime since Coolidge. But they lie about it steadily. Conts.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Repubs to employees: it's simple, don't get sick - if you get sick, it will hurt business, so don't get sick, see

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm

...if there was only a yuge tax relief to help us poor guys out here...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

What we need is a tax increase on wealthier and higher-income people. And tax relief for lower middle and lower income people. And we do not need to keep bloating the military and fighting the very wars Trump ranted against during the campaign.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm

@realdjt

Feb 11, 2018 01:21:48 PM - Blah blah blah...Fake News Media...Same negative stories over and over again!...blah blah blah...#BLAH

What can one say, that happens with a repeat offender... :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:15 pm

How the {!#%@} can someone be so bereft as to lose the PR war to NK? Well, Pence has answered that question. Jesus wept.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:How the {!#%@} can someone be so bereft as to lose the PR war to NK? Well, Pence has answered that question. Jesus wept.

He did not lose the PR war to his base, only to the rest of the world. So, in his eyes, he wins.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm

The tax cuts are diametrically opposed to Keynesian economics: now would be the time for the US to reduce its debt while the economy is doing well.
Instead, it is borrowing twice as much as before.
This means that the next recession will in all likelihood be longer and harder than the one Obama had to deal with.
No doubt the more clever Republicans fully expect their {!#%@} to hit the fan of the next Democrat's President.
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw

EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE: THIS NEEDS TO BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD. @tedlieu @RepAdamSchiff It is up to House Intel Committee, not Trump, whether to release Democratic memo on the Page FISA application

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:57 pm

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... no-parade/ wrote:
As the Pentagon continues to work on parade options to present to President Donald Trump, an overwhelming number of Military Times readers have weighed in: Don’t have one.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Roger Willco Overnout

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
As the Pentagon continues to work on parade options to present to President Donald Trump, an overwhelming number of Military Times readers have weighed in: Don’t have one.

I'll hazard a guess that this news will NOT be part of Trump's "intelligence" briefing tomorrow. He would fall apart if he knew how many people would pass up the chance to gaze admiringly on him while he reviewed the troops whose parents and grandparents he refused to join 50 years ago. (I also passed up the opportunity to join them, but then I'm not the one rattling sabers in the White House right now.) And why don't we call these "executive times" what they really are: ego-stroking stupidity briefings?
"How do you teach events that defy knowledge, experiences that go beyond imagination? How do you tell children, big and small, that society could lose its mind and start murdering its own soul and its own future? How do you unveil horrors without offering at the same time some measure of hope? Hope in what? In whom? In progress, in science and literature and God?"

Elie Wiesel

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm

What briefings? Seems he's pretty much cancelled them.

Hmm, I wonder - now that Porter is gone - if he'll have to look at the prepared kiddie placemats himself again...  
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

I'll hazard a guess that this news will NOT be part of Trump's "intelligence" briefing tomorrow. He would fall apart if he knew how many people would pass up the chance to gaze admiringly on him while he reviewed the troops whose parents and grandparents he refused to join 50 years ago. (I also passed up the opportunity to join them, but then I'm not the one rattling sabers in the White House right now.) And why don't we call these "executive times" what they really are: ego-stroking stupidity briefings?

Not to dismiss you point, but Trump had to sense that he'd have been fragged by his own guys before he ever heard a shot fired in anger.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Roger Willco Overnout

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Where is Trump this week-end? I don't follow his tweets until they are reported on by CNN, but he seems preternaturally quiet right now. Maybe he's zoned out at Mar-a-Lago and won't come down until Monday morning? I was sure that by now he would be citing the Failing New York Times for revealing the NSA plot to bring him down. (That's gotta be confusing for him, since he was so focused on the CIA/FBI plots to bring him down.) Or maybe he realizes that you can't refer to the "failing New York Times and its Fake News" for two years, then suddenly cite it as the authority for a story you like? That would, I think, require a certain flexibility of mind, which he doesn't possess.
"How do you teach events that defy knowledge, experiences that go beyond imagination? How do you tell children, big and small, that society could lose its mind and start murdering its own soul and its own future? How do you unveil horrors without offering at the same time some measure of hope? Hope in what? In whom? In progress, in science and literature and God?"

Elie Wiesel

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:How the {!#%@} can someone be so bereft as to lose the PR war to NK? Well, Pence has answered that question. Jesus wept.

He did not lose the PR war to his base, only to the rest of the world. So, in his eyes, he wins.

true . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:29 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:The tax cuts are diametrically opposed to Keynesian economics: now would be the time for the US to reduce its debt while the economy is doing well.
Instead, it is borrowing twice as much as before.
This means that the next recession will in all likelihood be longer and harder than the one Obama had to deal with. . . .

Exactly, and with the government having fewer than ever levers to pull to try ending or ameliorating the downturn, assuming the master of this 3-ring circus would know what to do or try doing something other than figuring out how to get richer off it.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:31 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Laurence Tribe @tribelaw

EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE: THIS NEEDS TO BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD. @tedlieu @RepAdamSchiff It is up to House Intel Committee, not Trump, whether to release Democratic memo on the Page FISA application

How so? I did read an opinion piece a week or so ago that members of Congress cannot be prosecuted for political statements made on the floor of Congress but does that apply to classified material? If so, why did Schiff not simply release his memo?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

Jeffrey Lewis of Middlebury Institute in Monterey explains that Kim Jong Un will see such a parade as a symptom of American weakness, much as Mao Zedong saw things when scoffing at the US paper tiger. He thinks it will help reinforce Kim's conviction that the US is in the grip of a nuclear panic and too weak to act.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:. . . I also passed up the opportunity to join them, but then I'm not the one rattling sabers in the White House right now. . . .

I illegally turned in my draft card during a protest in 1971 . . . :)

But Trump will be happy to get the libtards stirred up, I guess.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Where is Trump this week-end? I don't follow his tweets until they are reported on by CNN . . .

He's been tweeting. Dumb-ass stuff. One was on the NY Times NSA cyber tools story.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 pm

https://youtu.be/1ytoBkYzlyw?t=1m43s

:heh:

(That video should start at 1:43.)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 pm

:hmm: I've never been able to make that happen unless I link directly to it.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 pm

From my earlier post:

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw

I now got a linky.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 pm

thanks, that's extremely helpful and in sync with the previous article I read, but includes much more detail on the legal issues - the point of the earlier article I read was that the Dems are being wimps

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 pm

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 am

“The President of the United States just called you a liar.” Jennie Willoughby: 'President Trump Will Not Diminish My Truth'

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 am

Trump has called many people liars, many people. Sad.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:12 am

Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 am

Is that Kelly?
#ANDAMOVIE

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 am

On the left or right?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 am

That's a shapeshifter. From the front it looks like a rat.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 am

Whaddaya know, still approximately 30 preliminary security clearances in this administration without an end in sight soon, AFAIK. To some that means the vetting process needs to be changed. :?

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Whaddaya know, still approximately 30 preliminary security clearances in this administration without an end in sight soon, AFAIK. To some that means the vetting process needs to be changed. :?

Which is fairly convincing evidence the FBI et al is doing its job properly :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 am

LOL

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 am

Dumpy just doesn't want his staff to outdo the Coiffed Calf. :heh:

Return to “Holocaust Denial”