It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 pm

If Rump keeps playing with the Dems, maybe they'd really like to see him go, but most likely would want to hold onto one of their own nutcases. But wouldn't Ryan do, if they can't avoid acknowledging Pence's corruptness?
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Is this the new Party Line from the White House: We can't talk about climate change while hurricanes are striking.

According to Mr. Pruitt that is "insensitive." But tweeting about building a wall along the Texas border while people in Texas are drowning is perfectly OK, apparently.

But Orange Anus Mouth using hurricanes as a pretext to pitch his trickle-down tax plan is fine and dandy:
We will discussing our plan for dramatic tax cuts and tax reform. And I think now with what’s happened with the hurricane, I’m going to ask for a speed-up. I wanted a speed-up anyway but now we need it even more so.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Is this the new Party Line from the White House: We can't talk about climate change while hurricanes are striking.

According to Mr. Pruitt that is "insensitive." But tweeting about building a wall along the Texas border while people in Texas are drowning is perfectly OK, apparently.

But Orange Anus Mouth using hurricanes as a pretext to pitch his trickle-down tax plan is fine and dandy:
We will discussing our plan for dramatic tax cuts and tax reform. And I think now with what’s happened with the hurricane, I’m going to ask for a speed-up. I wanted a speed-up anyway but now we need it even more so.

Because fast-tracking massive tax cuts after 2 hurricanes that will ultimately cost $.25 Trillion is a sound idea. :roll:

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am

Balmoral95 wrote:But Orange Anus Mouth using hurricanes as a pretext to pitch his trickle-down tax plan is fine and dandy:

Because fast-tracking massive tax cuts after 2 hurricanes that will ultimately cost $.25 Trillion is a sound idea. :roll:

Trumpian logic is a marvel to behold, isn't it? Hurricanes are wreaking havoc around the Caribbean. THEREFORE we need a trickle-down tax reform.

That has to be the all-time record non sequitur.

As far as I can remember, the belief that we are on the downward-sloping part of the Laffer curve and that cutting taxes (especially for the wealthy) will decrease the deficit has never been true. I'm confirmed in this belief because I distinctly remember Limpjaw saying authoritatively that this strategy "works every time it is tried."
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

In entertainment news, two Miss America contestants - no, I do not follow such things LOL - trashed Trump from the stage last night, Margana Wood on Trump's Charlottesville cover for WNs, eventual winner Cara Mund on the Paris climate accords. Flat chested? Dogs? Not 10s? Sad!

And this, as we used to say, no-brainer: "Melissa McCarthy Wins An Emmy For ‘SNL’ Hosting, Spicey Skits"

Meanwhile, the best response to WH social media clown's fake news about Irma striking Miami Airport (runner-up: MTorres_Tx15 - "Try 'extreme vetting'")
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:But Orange Anus Mouth using hurricanes as a pretext to pitch his trickle-down tax plan is fine and dandy:

Trumpian logic is a marvel to behold, isn't it? Hurricanes are wreaking havoc around the Caribbean. THEREFORE we need a trickle-down tax reform.

That has to be the all-time record non sequitur.

As far as I can remember, the belief that we are on the downward-sloping part of the Laffer curve and that cutting taxes (especially for the wealthy) will decrease the deficit has never been true. I'm confirmed in this belief because I distinctly remember Limpjaw saying authoritatively that this strategy "works every time it is tried."

Also, they are {!#%@} snowflakes - they need protection from topics that are bothersome to them. What's Florida - one big safe space? Long live Trumpian PC!!

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm

I got Kobach's screed from my Trump-supporting neighbor, but discarded it without replying. These people are like a dog with a bone. They aren't going to give it up, and they'll growl at you if they think you are going to take it away from them. Odd, because my neighbor for years cursed the UVM students who were responsible for electing Bernie Sanders mayor of Burlington back in 1981. But he never claimed the election was fraudulent, because it plainly wasn't.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Are you kidding me????!?!?! Do these people actually believe their own lies? We may be witnessing a form of group psychosis unprecedented in history. I'm not even exaggerating a little bit.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:

Are you kidding me????!?!?! Do these people actually believe their own lies?

Short answer:
Yes.

Longer answer:

Really, it doesn't matter what Kobach says or misrepresents or flat out lies about. The reality is this "commission" is nothing more than an official way for Trump to prove his consistent lie that five or six million illegals or dead people or whatever voted in the last election and that's why he lost the popular vote. Kobach is well-known for his attempts at voter suppression, his presence is enough to insure that anything this commission puts out is completely tainted.

The reality is voter fraud is very rare. There are multiple studies done on this, I looked it up when all this stuff started coming out. Even in Kansas when Kobach got a bug up his ass about this there were only a handful of cases and most of those were honest mistakes or misunderstandings.

The end game to all this will probably be an attempt at federal laws to limit the right to vote. The Republican Party knows in the long run demographics are against them, this will be an attempt to hold that off a little longer. I don't think any laws specifically targeting the right to vote will get passed and even then they will be immediately challenged on a constitutional basis. In the United States individual states enact their own voting laws and will fight to keep it that way. Even "Red" states will want to keep those powers to themselves.

Keep in mind, all the above is my opinion. For all I know the Congress and Senate will fall in line behind this and pass something to Trump to sign. I don't believe so, in fact, this will be so controversial I can't see anyone really getting behind it. The commission can only publish its findings, it has no law making ability itself. If Trump tries to sign an Executive Order regarding it will be such a clear example of executive overreach that everyone will line up to sue him.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:. . . Keep in mind, all the above is my opinion. . . .

But well considered and convincing . . . :)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Charlie Rose's interview of Bannon:
1) Charlie Rose is a great interviewer.
2) Bannon is not as bright as he's convinced himself he is; for a smart guy with establishment credentials, he can be pig-stupid in fact. And full of himself. In love with using words that invoke things martial. (Note: George Clooney says Bannon "is a pussy").
3) Oddly enough Bannon doesn't understand how Trump won the election - he thinks that a massive, near-majority populist groundswell swept Trump into office - thus he ignores the regular Republicans who, despising Clinton (and the Dems) voted for Trump despite their misgivings (and also the regular Dems who stayed home because they were turned off by Clinton).
4) Bannon is already causing a world of hurt for Trump, in the guise of supporting him; I hope he keeps it up.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:41 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Charlie Rose's interview of Bannon:
1) Charlie Rose is a great interviewer.
2) Bannon is not as bright as he's convinced himself he is; for a smart guy with establishment credentials, he can be pig-stupid in fact. And full of himself. In love with using words that invoke things martial. (Note: George Clooney says Bannon "is a pussy").
3) Oddly enough Bannon doesn't understand how Trump won the election - he thinks that a massive, near-majority populist groundswell swept Trump into office - thus he ignores the regular Republicans who, despising Clinton (and the Dems) voted for Trump despite their misgivings (and also the regular Dems who stayed home because they were turned off by Clinton).
4) Bannon is already causing a world of hurt for Trump, in the guise of supporting him; I hope he keeps it up.

All that said, with which I agree, Bannon remains a media made message. He's a common cant.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:02 am

Which I also agree with. He's creepy, icky, repellent, too.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Which I also agree with. He's creepy, icky, repellent, too.

Looks like a boozer.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Which I also agree with. He's creepy, icky, repellent, too.

Looks like a boozer.

Having just one favorable attribute doesnt make him a nice person. :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am

Taking a minute to remember 9/11 (a day late, I know), and what Trump did on that day 16 years ago.

And, just wondering when Trump will work the disaster relief in Puerto Rico. Great photo-op possibilities, and I'm sure he's wildly popular there.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The end game to all this will probably be an attempt at federal laws to limit the right to vote. The Republican Party knows in the long run demographics are against them, this will be an attempt to hold that off a little longer. I don't think any laws specifically targeting the right to vote will get passed and even then they will be immediately challenged on a constitutional basis. In the United States individual states enact their own voting laws and will fight to keep it that way. Even "Red" states will want to keep those powers to themselves.

Keep in mind, all the above is my opinion. For all I know the Congress and Senate will fall in line behind this and pass something to Trump to sign. I don't believe so, in fact, this will be so controversial I can't see anyone really getting behind it. The commission can only publish its findings, it has no law making ability itself. If Trump tries to sign an Executive Order regarding it will be such a clear example of executive overreach that everyone will line up to sue him.

Well, the GOP regularly throws overboard its concern with fiscal responsibility, whenever there's a chance to cut taxes for the wealthy. I suppose it will easily bend far enough to throw overboard its supposed concern for states' rights and get behind a federal voter-suppression law. The state laws themselves used to be very strict. You had to have lived in Vermont, for example, for an entire year BEFORE you were allowed to register to vote, and you had to be able to prove you had been in-state all year. I don't remember when that rule was thrown out. When I voted last fall, I went to City Hall to get an early ballot and offered my driver's license as ID. I was told to put it away; they would take my word for it that I was the person I said I was, living at the address I gave. When I expressed surprise at this, the clerk told me that there were many people in town too poor to get a driver's license, and the city didn't want to disenfranchise them.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am

The Pope speaks out on climate change. And he took the trouble to fly over the damage and inspect it. Well, good for him.

About the shiner he's sporting and the tape over his left eye, I have a theory that he was the guy behind the CNN mask in the famous Trump video...

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:The Pope speaks out on climate change. And he took the trouble to fly over the damage and inspect it. Well, good for him.

Climate change denials amid catastrophic hurricanes are a reminder that humans are not a particularly smart species, Pope Francis said Sunday while flying over areas in the Caribbean decimated by Hurricane Irma.

They should have weighted him down better. Maybe a few mooring ropes.

flying pope.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:The end game to all this will probably be an attempt at federal laws to limit the right to vote. The Republican Party knows in the long run demographics are against them, this will be an attempt to hold that off a little longer. I don't think any laws specifically targeting the right to vote will get passed and even then they will be immediately challenged on a constitutional basis. In the United States individual states enact their own voting laws and will fight to keep it that way. Even "Red" states will want to keep those powers to themselves.

Well, the GOP regularly throws overboard its concern with fiscal responsibility, whenever there's a chance to cut taxes for the wealthy. I suppose it will easily bend far enough to throw overboard its supposed concern for states' rights and get behind a federal voter-suppression law. The state laws themselves used to be very strict. You had to have lived in Vermont, for example, for an entire year BEFORE you were allowed to register to vote, and you had to be able to prove you had been in-state all year. I don't remember when that rule was thrown out. When I voted last fall, I went to City Hall to get an early ballot and offered my driver's license as ID. I was told to put it away; they would take my word for it that I was the person I said I was, living at the address I gave. When I expressed surprise at this, the clerk told me that there were many people in town too poor to get a driver's license, and the city didn't want to disenfranchise them.

Historically the Supreme Court sides with states in regards to voting rights.

Here are some good pieces on it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/09/voting-right-or-privilege/262511/

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/what-does-the-constitution-actually-say-about-voting-rights/278782/

https://www.ashford.edu/online-degrees/political-science/your-vote-and-the-us-constitution

I remember a lot of this began coming out after Republicans began taking over state legislative branches after 2010. The court seems to consistently side with the states in this matter and allows them a wide latitude.

Of course, my own opinion is that the more people that vote the better it is for everyone. Naturally, my opinion is not shared with the majority of the Republican Party.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Here's the thing, Mother Nature doesn't care.

http://deadstate.org/christians-gather-to-beat-back-hurricane-irma-with-thoughts-and-prayers/

I don't think it worked.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Here's the thing, Mother Nature doesn't care.

http://deadstate.org/christians-gather-to-beat-back-hurricane-irma-with-thoughts-and-prayers/

I don't think it worked.

I don't know which is worse - that or this, prompted by attempted 2nd Amendment remedies for Irma.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:

I don't think it worked.

I don't know which is worse - that or this, prompted by attempted 2nd Amendment remedies for Irma.

I have no words.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:17 pm

You've seen this Twitter account, right? It explains all. (Coincidentally, or not, "Florida Man" gets into this same topic!)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:You've seen this Twitter account, right? It explains all. (Coincidentally, or not, "Florida Man" gets into this same topic!)

I just found someone new to follow!!!!!

BTW, this is one big-ass alligator:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/821079389374939136/video/1

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I don't think it worked.

Tom-toms! You gotta beat tom-toms! That's the only thing that's effective against hurricanes. (Also, makes the sun reappear after a solar eclipse. Why weren't these guys out praying for that last week?)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't think it worked.

Sure it did. They're gonna take credit for "It could have been worse!"
Hi, Io the lurker.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 pm

It's a staffing issue....rrrriiiiiigggggghhhhtttttt.

:rotfl:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politics/ted-cruz-twitter/index.html

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

I don't think it worked.

Does Io the lurker look like this?

:lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

I don't think it worked.

I'm sure they called it a win as soon as Irma veered westward of Miami. I do wish they'd be more explicit about God's interventions, though. God, according to them, cures cancer, and they pray for cancer patients. So far, God hasn't restored any amputated limbs, though. Why not? Don't people pray for that? And if they don't, why don't they? What's the difference?

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:It's a staffing issue....rrrriiiiiigggggghhhhtttttt.

Well, yes, there is a definite sense in which porn is a staffing issue.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Shouldn't Cruz be serial killing people in northern Cali and writing creepy letters to the press about the murders?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 pm

good piece on the antifas with attention to the "successes" of left-wing antifascist violence in the '20s and '30s

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 am

And no one saw that coming right? The NH claims are (I hate that I'm saying this) prima facie absurd degenerate lies.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:37 am

Facebartbreitbooktrumprussianzees (say three times on the fifth new moon in the month of Octember while swinging a black chicken widdershins over a purple toad...)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:You've seen this Twitter account, right? It explains all. (Coincidentally, or not, "Florida Man" gets into this same topic!)

https://twitter.com/robcrilly/status/906525517934940161

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AdWpuUHwQ
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 am

Yea - but that was before... where be the after?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:It's a staffing issue....rrrriiiiiigggggghhhhtttttt.

Well, yes, there is a definite sense in which porn is a staffing issue.

The title of Cruz's fave flick is "Moms Bang Teens 20," just sayin'.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”