Why Hitler invaded Poland

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19633
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:38 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:You haven't followed the link he posted?
You've lost me. I directly DISAGREED with it on several points. What makes you suggest otherwise? I'm curious. do you think no one can disagree if they read it?

To my understanding your whole initial point was that the move was not justified because the OP does not touch on HD. But it does.

Your later statement: " this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial" would appear to be incorrect and the question following from it, "What has Hitler's invasion of Poland got to do with the Holocaust?" seems besides the point and moot in (only) this regard.
Hi, Io the lurker.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Denying-History wrote:1) that is rather Dishonest... I never said that or even implied it. Again this Pro - Con thing.... It doesn't make sense....


Just your first line:

What is rather dishonest?

You never said what?

The pro/con makes a lot of sense to me. I explained it very well. Its hard to explain what one does not understand. I can only repeat what I said or give another example but they would be less demonstrable than the pros and cons of capitalism vs socialism. Ha, ha....getting suck in all by myself: but another one on topic would be the pros and cons of a more general definition of Holocaust vs a more targeted restrictive one. ...... and why I earlier said the best definition might be to use all the definitions and see how they help elucidate a subject.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:31 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Denying-History wrote:1) that is rather Dishonest... I never said that or even implied it. Again this Pro - Con thing.... It doesn't make sense....


Just your first line:

What is rather dishonest?

You never said what?

The pro/con makes a lot of sense to me. I explained it very well. Its hard to explain what one does not understand. I can only repeat what I said or give another example but they would be less demonstrable than the pros and cons of capitalism vs socialism. Ha, ha....getting suck in all by myself: but another one on topic would be the pros and cons of a more general definition of Holocaust vs a more targeted restrictive one. ...... and why I earlier said the best definition might be to use all the definitions and see how they help elucidate a subject.


I never said that this thread was moved to this thread cause of "the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial."... It was clearly moved cause Jim cannot keep a topic which he posted on... In his diesel or gasoline thread he goes from talking about Belzec's engine type to Gerstein's issues with exaggeration onto a damn swimming pool at Auschuwitz... Do you not understand that Jim always leads in a circle. We might agree descriptions vary but we don't agree why it was moved. A person only really needs a cursory glance of this subboard to see this.

Sure you want to use a pro - con system... But for this situation make any sense. What pro or ever came from Hitlers Invasion of Poland? None which I could name... It lead to an Extermination program, 70 million dead world wide, a program that stole children from their parents, ect... One could continue on forever. That is far from anything which happens on this subforum... One could call it a moral equivalency argument, or this is something this sort of reasoning could be connected with. Comparing the holocaust with any other genocide is apples and oranges... Each is unique in there own way.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Denying-History wrote:You never said what?

I never said that this thread was moved to this thread cause of "the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial."
Correct. I said that. Do you suffer from a touch of dyslexia?
XXXX
Denying-History wrote:What pro or ever came from Hitlers Invasion of Poland?
It sets up the possibility of conquering the world. Thats a big Pro for most Tyrants. Fairly obvious. Thats more like blindness rather than dyslexia.

XXX
Denying-History wrote: Comparing the holocaust with any other genocide is apples and oranges... Each is unique in there own way.
Everything is unique...everything is like and unlike everything else in varying degrees. Apples are like Oranges in 83 different well known ways. Let's make a list: they are both fruits. And so forth. Failure to grok this immediately is a failure of imagination....if not a lot of other things.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:07 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Denying-History wrote:You never said what?

I never said that this thread was moved to this thread cause of "the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial."
Correct. I said that. Do you suffer from a touch of dyslexia?
XXXX
Denying-History wrote:What pro or ever came from Hitlers Invasion of Poland?
It sets up the possibility of conquering the world. Thats a big Pro for most Tyrants. Fairly obvious. Thats more like blindness rather than dyslexia.

XXX
Denying-History wrote: Comparing the holocaust with any other genocide is apples and oranges... Each is unique in there own way.
Everything is unique...everything is like and unlike everything else in varying degrees. Apples are like Oranges in 83 different well known ways. Let's make a list: they are both fruits. And so forth. Failure to grok this immediately is a failure of imagination....if not a lot of other things.


1) Do you have some sort of mental disorder? What you said was misleading. This was not moved for the purpose you provided. Also putting it next to "we agree" is sort of implying that what I had said agreed with you. But it doesn't. Your point was completely out of context.

2) Hitler never planned to take over the world... This is old Allied propaganda just like the Tanaka Memorial. Hitler wanted to expand into Eastern Europe to create a large German super state. Read about Generalplan OST.

This might be you are looking at Hitlers plans from an outside perspective... Hitler clearly stated in Main Kampf about living space for the Germans... That plan was to expand east and take everything up till he reached the mountains which seperate Russia from Siberia.

Image

Now explain this to me, are you not well informed in this subject?

3) I have explained this... It doesn't work. You compare and contrast events... But they will never repeat themselves. Every genocide is distinct from the other. There is no reason to continue.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:22 pm

I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.


I think Hiter's Invasion of Poland should be in the general History category, however, Jim's posts inevitably turn into HD.
Hitler's invasion of Poland can be looked at the start of the Holocaust, with the forced movement of Polish Jews into ghettos. Looking at German plans at that time, however, there is no concerted development of mass killing because I don't thing the Germans knew what they really wanted to do with the Jews. There were vague ideas of mass deportation that came to nothing. Killing became a substitute for deportation.

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.


I think Hiter's Invasion of Poland should be in the general History category, however, Jim's posts inevitably turn into HD.
Hitler's invasion of Poland can be looked at the start of the Holocaust, with the forced movement of Polish Jews into ghettos. Looking at German plans at that time, however, there is no concerted development of mass killing because I don't thing the Germans knew what they really wanted to do with the Jews. There were vague ideas of mass deportation that came to nothing. Killing became a substitute for deportation.


I would agree but again Jim is the one who posted it. And we both know it's going to lead to something about bug spray or diesel.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.


I think Hiter's Invasion of Poland should be in the general History category, however, Jim's posts inevitably turn into HD.
Hitler's invasion of Poland can be looked at the start of the Holocaust, with the forced movement of Polish Jews into ghettos. Looking at German plans at that time, however, there is no concerted development of mass killing because I don't thing the Germans knew what they really wanted to do with the Jews. There were vague ideas of mass deportation that came to nothing. Killing became a substitute for deportation.


I would agree but again Jim is the one who posted it. And we both know it's going to lead to something about bug spray or diesel.


Yup, you are correct, sir.

:lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:51 pm

I was agreeing with the statement: "What exactly the invasion of Poland has to do with it, I'm not sure." Although, more directly, I'm sure it has little to nothing to do with it.

I'm not complaining the thread was moved. Just commenting on the rationale for it.

If you want to think Hitler would stop at some line....go for it. True or not, its a quibble.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:05 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I was agreeing with the statement: "What exactly the invasion of Poland has to do with it, I'm not sure." Although, more directly, I'm sure it has little to nothing to do with it.

I'm not complaining the thread was moved. Just commenting on the rationale for it.

If you want to think Hitler would stop at some line....go for it. True or not, its a quibble.


It has nothing to do with it. I have already explained to you that Jim will go off topic in a heart beat... That doesn't seem to be ringing in your head that Pyrrho was justified in moving this topic. There is no issue with what was done here... Jim would eventually start attacking witnesses like he always does or eventually make a retort about the holocaust.

It's also see no reason to believe he planned to expand anywhere else. It's old allied propaganda and even tyrants understand there is a limit to their power.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
NathanC
Poster
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby NathanC » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.


I think Hiter's Invasion of Poland should be in the general History category, however, Jim's posts inevitably turn into HD.
Hitler's invasion of Poland can be looked at the start of the Holocaust, with the forced movement of Polish Jews into ghettos. Looking at German plans at that time, however, there is no concerted development of mass killing because I don't thing the Germans knew what they really wanted to do with the Jews. There were vague ideas of mass deportation that came to nothing. Killing became a substitute for deportation.


I would agree but again Jim is the one who posted it. And we both know it's going to lead to something about bug spray or diesel.


Yup, you are correct, sir.

:lol:


For some reason, Rizoli seems to have avoided this thread even though he started it. The real discussion we've been having seems to have been too much for him.

Rizoli's intent is Nazi Apologia, under which Holocaust denial falls under. His apologia for the Invasion of Poland falls under his agenda of Holocaust Denial. It seems therefore appropriate to put his rubbish here.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:53 pm

NathanC wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think I'm lost.

Maybe we should hit the reset button?


Bobbo is saying.

We agree. this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


Which could have been

We agree this thread was moved from some other sub forum to this one in the judgment that Hitlers Invasion of Poland is part of Holocaust Denial.


That period makes a large difference...

In basics he's complaining about how Pyrrho moved the thread.


I think Hiter's Invasion of Poland should be in the general History category, however, Jim's posts inevitably turn into HD.
Hitler's invasion of Poland can be looked at the start of the Holocaust, with the forced movement of Polish Jews into ghettos. Looking at German plans at that time, however, there is no concerted development of mass killing because I don't thing the Germans knew what they really wanted to do with the Jews. There were vague ideas of mass deportation that came to nothing. Killing became a substitute for deportation.


I would agree but again Jim is the one who posted it. And we both know it's going to lead to something about bug spray or diesel.


Yup, you are correct, sir.

:lol:


For some reason, Rizoli seems to have avoided this thread even though he started it. The real discussion we've been having seems to have been too much for him.

Rizoli's intent is Nazi Apologia, under which Holocaust denial falls under. His apologia for the Invasion of Poland falls under his agenda of Holocaust Denial. It seems therefore appropriate to put his rubbish here.


Jim really has just a very dim understanding of the whole time period. His knowledge appears to come only from HD books so military strategy, the conditions in Poland and the USSR, the shifts in Nazi Policy, really, all that escapes him.

He's one of the least knowledgeable deniers I know. The Black Rabbit thinks he's an idiot.

His main function to the denier community seems to be a mouthpiece and conduit. He puts deniers in videos and posts them on YouTube. He is incapable of any type of actual research on his own.

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4482
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 am

Hitler invaded Poland under false pretenses in order to absorb the country, clear/enslave it's population, and settle it with Germans. This is a fact that is not disputed by anyone except for deniers.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:28 am

Jeff_36 wrote:Hitler invaded Poland under false pretenses in order to absorb the country, clear/enslave it's population, and settle it with Germans. This is a fact that is not disputed by anyone except for deniers.


I'm having a rather lively discussion over this topic here:

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2016 ... /#comments

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:52 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:Hitler invaded Poland under false pretenses in order to absorb the country, clear/enslave it's population, and settle it with Germans. This is a fact that is not disputed by anyone except for deniers.


I'm having a rather lively discussion over this topic here:

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2016 ... /#comments


Oh god... The humility that shows from FG's followers...
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 am

Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:Hitler invaded Poland under false pretenses in order to absorb the country, clear/enslave it's population, and settle it with Germans. This is a fact that is not disputed by anyone except for deniers.


I'm having a rather lively discussion over this topic here:

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2016 ... /#comments


Oh god... The humility that shows from FG's followers...


Yep, Gasan's a trip, isn't he?
Just goes to show you, being multi-lingual does not prove intelligence, it just adds a whole new layer of being stupid in multiple languages.

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:06 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:Hitler invaded Poland under false pretenses in order to absorb the country, clear/enslave it's population, and settle it with Germans. This is a fact that is not disputed by anyone except for deniers.


I'm having a rather lively discussion over this topic here:

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2016 ... /#comments


Oh god... The humility that shows from FG's followers...


Yep, Gasan's a trip, isn't he?
Just goes to show you, being multi-lingual does not prove intelligence, it just adds a whole new layer of being stupid in multiple languages.


Or hes just as much of a Mute as Rizoli...
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5815
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Why Hitler invaded Poland

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:14 am

:lol:


Return to “Holocaust Denial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests