It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:04 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I can't get rid of the bastard.

?

Lard, save me from your followers.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:16 am

Kelly is a typical "chain of command" narrow-mind, unimaginative {!#%@} who's spent his entire career fellating superiors. Facking staff officer, cretin. And proven liar. Should be fired, stripped of rank and appurtenances thereto (including penion and benifits). And bound over for court marshal.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 am

I thought he meant Tillerson. :-P

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am

So no one is going to mention that US/Kurdish forces just had a direct battle with Russian/Assad-troops, killing probably more than a 100 of the Russian equivalent of Blackwater mercs in the process?
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/13/170 ... ies-killed

This has graduated from proxy war to direct military conflict.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I thought he meant Tillerson. :-P

Big Tilll.... inept, incompetent and a slobbering shill for any conservatitive...Neurath got the big 10 for same...

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:29 am

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

1% over prior year? :roll:

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

There's honestly something about CNN at this hour of the morning makes me wish Theo Morell was still accepting new patients.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 pm

LOL
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:I can't get rid of the bastard.

?

the grey bar at the bottom of a post I made . . . LOL
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Hywel Rudy Day

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:When Sen. Jack Reed asked FBI director Wray if the president had directed him and the agency to take "specific actions to confront and blunt ongoing Russian influence activities" (and which they are), the answer was "not as specifically directed by the president"...

ETA “The doomsday machine in Dr. Strangelove didn’t work because the Russians hadn’t told us about it.”

Brutal exchange. Ugly. Today was a bad day for Trump - on several fronts: Wray's testimony, the entire Porter meltdown, Moo-Moo Sanders' appalling gaslighting performance, Coates' testimony on ongoing Russian election hacking, bad ink on the budget and infrastructure, this 2nd court decision against Trump's DACA action. We need more such days. Day after day.

Yesss! Can't wait to see the polling numbers in a week or two, after this all has time to settle.
"Relieve yourself of the illusion that you're writing for the ages. The ages will decide who is doing that on their own; you don't get a vote."

John Scalzi, Don't Live for Your Obituary, p. 124.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:So no one is going to mention that US/Kurdish forces just had a direct battle with Russian/Assad-troops, killing probably more than a 100 of the Russian equivalent of Blackwater mercs in the process?
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/13/170 ... ies-killed

This has graduated from proxy war to direct military conflict.

It was mentioned, but got lost in the embarrassment of riches Trump has provided over the last 48 hours.
"Relieve yourself of the illusion that you're writing for the ages. The ages will decide who is doing that on their own; you don't get a vote."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm

After leading by as much as 10 pts in the so-called generic ballot poling done by POLITICO/Morning Consult, Democrats now trail the Republicans - 39% of likely voters prefer a Republican candidate, 38% are likely to support a Democrat, and 23% are undecided.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Can't wait to see the polling numbers in a week or two, after this all has time to settle.

Embittered white men will rally more than ever to Trump, eh?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm

random bits underscoring that the far right is playing to win whilst Schumer is playing kissy-face with the loathsome reptile McConnell - and getting fleeced:

"Nunes Campaign Site Latest GOP Venture To Masquerade As News"

"Kelli Ward touts endorsement from fake-news site: Political-messaging sites mimic names of independent news organizations to help GOP candidates around the countr"

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Dan Coats: "We have a broken system and I think everybody's come to agree with that now." - does he really mean the security clearance process, or those who would not play by its rules?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too, and when I heard it I said to my wife, who btw continues to make loud mooing sounds every time she sees Huckchuckle, "It worked fine until it needed to take into account a president trying to circumvent it."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Dems should jam up the immigration talks at this point. They must not meet Trump's demands, which remain all or nothing, my way or the highway. {!#%@} McConnell, Cornyn and the rest. Just say no. Even if it means no immigration deal.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 pm

WTF does it mean to "facilitate a payment of $130,000"?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Democratic memo responding to Nunes' propaganda note is in trouble: WH blocked it, now Trump's DOJ and the FBI are demanding changes which Schiff cannot agree to. It is after all about transparency.

Schiff should just read the thing, as submitted, from the floor of the House. After all, Trump released his, er, Nunes' over objections of DOJ and FBI.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:WTF does it mean to "facilitate a payment of $130,000"?

Found a way to obtain it from either Dumpy or Dumpy's campaign funds or some other donor? Why else would he funnel it through some short-lived(?) LLC?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:39 pm

be careful what you beg, borrow & steal for? http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/14/investi ... index.html

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:WTF does it mean to "facilitate a payment of $130,000"?

Found a way to obtain it from either Dumpy or Dumpy's campaign funds or some other donor? Why else would he funnel it through some short-lived(?) LLC?

so neither the Trump campaign nor Trump org reimbursed the consigliere . . . but did Drumpf Itself? anyway, lots of stories like this one arguing that campaign-law infractions could still be in play with the l'affaire Stormy: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... legal.html

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:29 pm

And what about one of his pals (publisher) buying the story, but then never releasing it? Wasn't there a story/rumor about something like that, too?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Dems should jam up the immigration talks at this point. They must not meet Trump's demands, which remain all or nothing, my way or the highway. {!#%@} McConnell, Cornyn and the rest. Just say no. Even if it means no immigration deal.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/trump-daca-bill/index.html

These DACA kids/teenagers/young adults are screwed.

I agree that this needs a legislative fix, what one Executive Order does, another one can undo. The problem is that Trump and the Republicans will link this issue to hardline immigration reform that Democrats will refuse to follow along with. The best option would be to separate DACA from other immigration, this would show Republican/Trump sincerity on finding a way to fix it.

The reality is that some compromise on immigration is necessary, I get it. The Republicans do control the Senate, House and Presidency and they will fight against anything too liberal (or what they consider to be liberal). The problem is that Trump and Republican hardliners will give on DACA but will want to balance that with hardline immigration reform.

The ironic thing about all of this is that the US is going to need new immigrants to fill the workforce as baby boomers retire. In essence by doubling down on immigration these dumbasses are setting up a future crisis.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Yabutt, they're also working against abortion. Next up: Every gal will have to have at least three offspring by law.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The reality is that some compromise on immigration is necessary, I get it.

Trump, McConnell and Ryan are blocking a compromise, holding the DACA recipients hostage to cut legal immigration. The Democrats are more than (too?) willing to compromise but the Republicans won't do it.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The problem is that Trump and Republican hardliners will give on DACA but will want to balance that with hardline immigration reform.

Not exactly, at least not in Trump's telling: according to Trump he is in favor of a legislated DACA fix - but he is using DACA to put through his entire immigration program. The Democrats should be party to neither the "deal" (100% of what Trump wants) nor to this way of "dealing."

Jeffk 1970 wrote: the US is going to need new immigrants to fill the workforce as baby boomers retire

Which is also why a large group of pro-business Republicans don't favor the Cotton-Trump-Goodlatte-McConnell approach.

Jeffk 1970 wrote: In essence by doubling down on immigration these dumbasses are setting up a future crisis.

Let's see Trump get 3% growth without immigration. LOL.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Trey Gowdy (bless his heart) is wondering how someone like Porter could have gotten any job at the WH... :laff:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 pm

In times of horrific violence the best thing is to send condolences and then not do a damn thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/donald-trump-florida-shooting/index.html

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 pm

It's all very confusing from a legal point of view. How is Cohen a party to any settlement on his own, if he isn't risking any damage from the story? How does he calculate his damages if Stormy tells the story anyhow?

Anyhow......

"Stormy Daniels 'free to tell her story' after Trump lawyer statement"
"Stormy Daniels is no longer bound by a non-disclosure contract after Mr Trump's lawyer admitted he paid her, manager Gina Rodriguez says"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43055995

(As I previously said, never get into a public legal dispute with someone who has nothing to lose.) :D

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:In times of horrific violence the best thing is to send condolences and then not do a damn thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/donald-trump-florida-shooting/index.html

"Numerous" fatalities. Better lay in an extra supply of thoughts and prayers at the White House.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 pm

I assume everyone saw that police prosecutors have recommended that Bibi Netanyahu is charged? :D

Benjamin Netanyahu: Israeli police recommend indicting prime minister
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... or-bribery

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I assume everyone saw that police prosecutors have recommended that Bibi Netanyahu is charged? :D

Benjamin Netanyahu: Israeli police recommend indicting prime minister
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... or-bribery

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger tool....:lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:In times of horrific violence the best thing is to send condolences and then not do a damn thing.

"Numerous" fatalities. Better lay in an extra supply of thoughts and prayers at the White House.

The donors like their guns so the victims and their family members will get condolences and prayers.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

It's all very confusing from a legal point of view. How is Cohen a party to any settlement on his own, if he isn't risking any damage from the story? How does he calculate his damages if Stormy tells the story anyhow?

Josh Marshall's theory is that Cohen is the thug who makes Trump's problems disappear.

Matthew Ellard wrote:Anyhow......

"Stormy Daniels 'free to tell her story' after Trump lawyer statement"
"Stormy Daniels is no longer bound by a non-disclosure contract after Mr Trump's lawyer admitted he paid her, manager Gina Rodriguez says"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43055995

(As I previously said, never get into a public legal dispute with someone who has nothing to lose.) :D

Yup. My wife told me about this story - now she's worried that the problem of Stormy will be made to go away be Stormy "disappearing."

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Something about this date. :-P

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Orange Anus Mouth makes a brave statement: “I am totally opposed to domestic violence . . .” What's next? A courageous denunciation of murder?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Pence lying today at an AXIOS forum: “Well the first thing that we all agree on is that, irrespective of efforts that were made in 2016 by foreign powers, it is the universal conclusion of our intelligence communities that none of those efforts had any effect on the outcome of the 2016 election. This is the accepted view. That doesn’t mean that there weren’t efforts, and we do know there were. There were efforts by Russia, and likely by other countries, to involve or influence American elections.”

Not only is this not something we all agree on, nor is it the accepted view: it is a shameless lie.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:

The donors like their guns so the victims and their family members will get condolences and prayers.

12th school shooting in USA so far this year - better pray harder 'cuz light prayer ain't working

Return to “Holocaust Denial”