It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:That's those forgotten barflies, right?

Yep, that would be them.

Anybody who has been to a bar knows the type. Blowhards bloviating about the way the world ought to be run, pig ignorant and absolutely certain that they know more than the professionals who actually have experience at the job.

And one of these blowhards currently sits atop the most powerful state the world has known . . .

But in a way it does make some of his comments appear not as mean-spirited as they sound (and which I think they are, he is a jerk), but simply as Upton said - pig-ignorant.

Not really. First, he's aware of what he's doing. And has all the coercive powers of the state to back him up. Second, your barstool philosopher is, well, mean spirited as hell when he or she goes on like this.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm

TJrandom wrote:Please don`t denigrate pigs - they are smarter than Trump. :roll:

and much nicer :)
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm

I think I make a distinction between extreme (and careless) selfishness and pure meanness just for the fun of it. Which I'm not saying he isn't capable of...

Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Please don`t denigrate pigs - they are smarter than Trump. :roll:

and much nicer :)

Not the WH pet... ;)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:10 pm

As posted on Bill Kristol's Twitter:
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm

HOLY {!#%@}!!!

There will be an investigation. Meanwhile, is NK somehow involved?
"No nation can maintain a position of leadership in the world of today unless it develops to the full its scientific and technological resources. No government adequately meets its responsibilities unless it generously and intelligently supports and encourages the work of science in the university, industry and in its own laboratories."

--Harry S. Truman

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Sorry, didn't see you had posted this earlier. That would have been a pleasant wake-up call this morning.
"No nation can maintain a position of leadership in the world of today unless it develops to the full its scientific and technological resources. No government adequately meets its responsibilities unless it generously and intelligently supports and encourages the work of science in the university, industry and in its own laboratories."

--Harry S. Truman

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Oh, I posted that after StatMech posted this. He started it! :-P

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Darren Wilshak wrote:"In England they're filled with curiosity and keep asking: "Why doesn't he come?' Be calm. He's coming! He's coming!"

Except The Trump, he isn't coming now...

HaveIGotNewsForYou @haveigotnews Jan 12

Donald Trump cancelling London visit is devastating blow for business, says Egg Marketing Board.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:This alert went out to mobile phones and by audio announcement interrupting TV broadcasts in Hawaii this morning:

No biggie, easy mistake that anyone could make. No worries.

OK, I missed both of these posts. Shows one can't keep up with this thread. It moves very fast.

I'm already so paranoid, I won't believe whatever explanation they came up with. SOMETHING prompted that alert, something "they" don't want us to know about. Keep us ignorant, so we won't worry....

--Harry S. Truman

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Darren Wilshak wrote:"In England they're filled with curiosity and keep asking: "Why doesn't he come?' Be calm. He's coming! He's coming!"

Except The Trump, he isn't coming now...

HaveIGotNewsForYou @haveigotnews Jan 12

Donald Trump cancelling London visit is devastating blow for business, says Egg Marketing Board.

He's not going. He doesn't dare. Poor Theresa May. Stuck with Brexit, and now her shining knight in armor refuses to rescue her by reviving the Atlantic Alliance. Just as well. If not tied to the US, Britain might pull itself back from the brink. But more likely, when we go over the cliff, the UK will follow rather shortly. I'm seeing Armageddon here, just not in the near future.

--Harry S. Truman

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:...one can't keep up with this thread. It moves very fast.

Totally! I'm getting paranoid about double posting. :lol:

I'm already so paranoid, I won't believe whatever explanation they came up with. SOMETHING prompted that alert, something "they" don't want us to know about. Keep us ignorant, so we won't worry....

Not sure, the system has gotten some general attention recently.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

And the question of the day has an answer.

I guess the Prince of Orange was busy looking after airline safety, out there on the back nine.

--Harry S. Truman

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Coudn't agree more with this tweet (and other similar ones): "Honestly, I’d rather have him on the golf course than in the command center..."
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Oh well, not to worry. It wasn't Trump's problem. No sir, incoming missiles are purely a matter for the governor to deal with.

--Harry S. Truman

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Surprise, surprise... :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Losing it? Or lost it?

In the span of roughly one hour:

Jan 13, 2018 - I don’t believe the Democrats really want to see a deal on DACA. They are all talk and no action. This is the time but, day by day, they are blowing the one great opportunity they have. Too bad!

Jan 13, 2018 - Yesterday was another big day for jobs and the Stock Market. Chrysler coming back to U.S. (Michigan) from Mexico and many more companies paying out Tax Cut money to employees. If Dems won in November, Market would have TANKED! It was headed for disaster.

Jan 13,2018 - AMERICA FIRST!

Jan 13, 2018 - The Democrats are all talk and no action. They are doing nothing to fix DACA. Great opportunity missed. Too bad!

Jan 13, 2018 - Yesterday was a big day for the stock market. Jobs are coming back to America. Chrysler is coming back to the USA, from Mexico and many others will follow. Tax cut money to employees is pouring into our economy with many more companies announcing. American business is hot again!
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Losing it? Or lost it?

In the span of roughly one hour:

Jan 13, 2018 - I don’t believe the Democrats really want to see a deal on DACA. They are all talk and no action. This is the time but, day by day, they are blowing the one great opportunity they have. Too bad!

Jan 13, 2018 - Yesterday was another big day for jobs and the Stock Market. Chrysler coming back to U.S. (Michigan) from Mexico and many more companies paying out Tax Cut money to employees. If Dems won in November, Market would have TANKED! It was headed for disaster.

Jan 13,2018 - AMERICA FIRST!

Jan 13, 2018 - The Democrats are all talk and no action. They are doing nothing to fix DACA. Great opportunity missed. Too bad!

Jan 13, 2018 - Yesterday was a big day for the stock market. Jobs are coming back to America. Chrysler is coming back to the USA, from Mexico and many others will follow. Tax cut money to employees is pouring into our economy with many more companies announcing. American business is hot again!

That kind of repetition is a very bad sign of advancing senility. Going, going...not quite totally gone yet.

In other news, I'm sure Trump has forgotten this, but I haven't. Remember how they were giving up, putting their hands up and surrendering? Nobody had ever seen anything like it...

--Harry S. Truman

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:...

In other news, I'm sure Trump has forgotten this, but I haven't. Remember how they were giving up, putting their hands up and surrendering? Nobody had ever seen anything like it...

And you also might remember, ^that incident happened right after he placed allied Chad on the Travel Ban list and their soldiers - as the most effective fighters against militants - pulled out of Niger...

One must wonder what the effect(s) of the s***hole comments will be.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Chris Cuomo hit on an interesting fact - the Stormy story was published by three Murdock-owned outlets, including a FAUX blog or something like that (I wouldn't know, I don't visit them).

Makes one wonder if he's turning on him, or if that was supposed to be a safe diverting tactic?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Oh well, not to worry. It wasn't Trump's problem. No sir, incoming missiles are purely a matter for the governor to deal with.

It's good and all that the White House is busy making sure people know they didn't do it, but this is what WaPo says:
Wireless emergency alerts are usually dispatched during critical emergency situations and are a partnership between the Federal Communications Commission, FEMA and the wireless industry. Shortly after the false alarm, FCC chairman Ajit Pai said the commission was launching an investigation into what happened.

Patience, Mr Trump, patience.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Chris Cuomo hit on an interesting fact - the Stormy story was published by three Murdock-owned outlets, including a FAUX blog or something like that (I wouldn't know, I don't visit them).

Makes one wonder if he's turning on him, or if that was supposed to be a safe diverting tactic?

Murdoch is among the many people who have called Trump a moron.

--Harry S. Truman

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:As posted on Bill Kristol's Twitter:

The sane conservatives of the world should thank God for people like Kristol, George Will, Charles Krauthammer, and one or two others, who have enough integrity to—dare I say it?—call a spade a spade. Trump is scum and maybe after he's gone, conservatives and liberals can get together and have a rational discussion. (I'm very far from denying there are nutcakes on the Left as well. But they don't live in the White House.)

--Harry S. Truman

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Breitbart screaming headline: "... Londoners Wake Up to Sadiq’s ‘Sh*thole’" Muslim mayor = shithole

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

What strikes me as both hilarious and very sad are those who (still) vehemently defend the nutcake and the fraudulent joke he played during the campaign...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Raise your hand: who want to move to Ghana?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:05 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Breitbart screaming headline: "... Londoners Wake Up to Sadiq’s ‘Sh*thole’" Muslim mayor = shithole

Far-right group built gallows, tried to arrest London mayor over criticism of Trump

[David] Russel produced a piece of paper that he said listed the grounds for Khan’s arrest and outlined his complaints against the mayor.

“We don’t do citizen’s arrests. We do lawful arrests,” the officer replied.

Eventually, the men left the event, which the crowd applauded, and Khan began to speak again.

Kahn tweeted that his speech was about how "we cannot allow a populist, anti-feminist narrative to take hold in Britain."

“It’s a pleasure to be here, even though we were distracted by the actions of what some would call very stable geniuses,” Khan joked.
:heh:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 am

The White Pendragons AKA English Defence League sigh ... they claimed authority under the Magna Carta to make an arrest of Khan

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The White Pendragons AKA English Defence League sigh ... they claimed authority under the Magna Carta to make an arrest of Khan

It shouldn't, but this did crack me up.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:11 am

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 am

Was this posted already?
https://www.axios.com/the-american-bloo ... 6c893.html wrote:
U.S. officials are mulling the possibility of launching a military strike against North Korean targets without provoking war on the Korean Peninsula, the Wall Street Journal reports...
:|

Good thing the Dear Leader works only roughly one hour days and retires to his resort on the weekends. Otherwise today's WEA mishap in Hawaii might have had rather far-reaching consequences...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 am

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 am

They need to label that button better....

http://www.businessinsider.com/false-hawaii-missile-alert-caused-when-employee-pushed-wrong-button-governor-2018-1

Apologies if someone else posted that, I was traveling today and I’m trying to get caught up. As noted, this thread moves fast.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 am

So does this scumbag. On tax payer's money...

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:59 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Was this posted already?
https://www.axios.com/the-american-bloo ... 6c893.html wrote:
U.S. officials are mulling the possibility of launching a military strike against North Korean targets without provoking war on the Korean Peninsula, the Wall Street Journal reports...
:|

Good thing the Dear Leader works only roughly one hour days and retires to his resort on the weekends. Otherwise today's WEA mishap in Hawaii might have had rather far-reaching consequences...

This sounds BS... wishful thinking it might work, maybe. Practically, no... unless we've been fed a bunch of bs for years about NK's capabilities vis a vis SK for eons..

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 am

Considering who's considering it...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:04 am

Good on Grassley for holding town halls, but they have had it.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:18 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Considering who's considering it...

I factor in the notion that orange GroFaZ probably floated the idea...

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:44 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:They need to label that button better....

http://www.businessinsider.com/false-hawaii-missile-alert-caused-when-employee-pushed-wrong-button-governor-2018-1

Apologies if someone else posted that, I was traveling today and I’m trying to get caught up. As noted, this thread moves fast.

Get the briefing for Trump right, and make him repeat it every day:

"No, no, Mr. President. The button on the LEFT launches the nuclear missiles. The button on the RIGHT lights the White House Christmas tree."

--Harry S. Truman

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 am

Balmoral95 wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-nations-of-the-united-states-2015-7?international=true&r=US&IR=T

Interesting that I'm now an inhabitant of Yankeedom, but was born and raised on the border between Greater Appalachia and the Midlands. But my ancestors were neither Quakers nor Calvinists. (I do think he might give Irish and Italian Catholics a LITTLE credit for the character of the Northeast. Also the Jewish influence on the large cities everywhere. But maybe he gets into more detail in the book. I would assume he does.)

--Harry S. Truman

Return to “Holocaust Denial”