The Corrupted Wish Game

If the red house has blue shutters and the green house has red shutters, what's this section for?
Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Re: The Corrupted Wish Game

Postby Gord » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm

fromthehills wrote:I wish I didn't have to choose between the Mercedes and the Bentley.

nmblum wrote:... *I* don't believe that a man can be considered a real man without a well fitting hat that gives a hint of his discriminating, independent taste… and courage , i.e." no guts, no glory .."I* LIKE it."

I wish i knew such a man.

Granted in combination: fromthehills chooses to wear the Bent-cedes on his discriminating, independent head.

I wish I knew what I was about do to next.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Gord wrote:
fromthehills wrote:I wish I didn't have to choose between the Mercedes and the Bentley.

nmblum wrote:... *I* don't believe that a man can be considered a real man without a well fitting hat that gives a hint of his discriminating, independent taste… and courage , i.e." no guts, no glory .."I* LIKE it."

I wish i knew such a man.

Granted in combination: fromthehills chooses to wear the Bent-cedes on his discriminating, independent head.

Granted ( a mark of my magnanimity as you did not really grant my last wish).
And with a bit of free will thrown in.
Otherwise what you do next is programmed with what you are doing now.

I wish I weren't programmed to play rather than to be a serious person like you, (et al).
But if you can't reprogram me can you at least get this damn dog to stop vomiting…
Please.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Try pouring some Fennel in that kennel. Maybe that will put the 'k' back into the barf. (Fennel tea often settles the stomach.)

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:36 am

Gord wrote:

Granted. You was about do to get sick from your sisters cooking again.

I wish winter would just get the {!#%@} on with it.

No, wait! I wish Autumn would last for the rest of my life.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:49 am

fromthehills wrote:No, wait! I wish Autumn would last for the rest of my life.

Granted. But you'll wish you never made that wish, since she isn't all that nice.

I wish there was something surprising and surprisingly good in my fridge.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:22 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

A fat man in his tighty-whiteys, midnight, is in the fridge, and surprisingly good at eating everything in there.

I wish we had five day weekends and were paid $100 an hour for the two days we worked.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Postby kennyc » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 pm

fromthehills wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

A fat man in his tighty-whiteys, midnight, is in the fridge, and surprisingly good at eating everything in there.

I wish we had five day weekends and were paid $100 an hour for the two days we worked.

Wait.....you're paid LESS than that?
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:18 pm

fromthehills wrote:
Gord wrote:

Granted. You was about do to get sick from your sisters cooking again.

I wish winter would just get the {!#%@} on with it.

No, wait! I wish Autumn would last for the rest of my life.

Granted.
And now you can cancel your health insurance because the rest of your life has an expiration date of 12/21/2014.

I wish you had been more careful in how you phrased your wish, but there's nothing that can be done about it now.
Been really fun known' ya, though.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:35 pm

fromthehills wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

Not granted, for either of you.
To do so would be to encourage gluttony for the first, and unparalleled concern for the material for both.

I wish people were less concerned with the mundane: food, money… even the boring demands of employment. when they could just as easily be sitting in a garden on the French Riviera, looking out over the blue green sea.
Breathing the heady air, smoking Turkish cigarettes, and reading the Kama Sutra .

NMB
Skepticism:

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:06 am

nmblum wrote:
I wish people were less concerned with the mundane: food, money… even the boring demands of employment. when they could just as easily be sitting in a garden on the French Riviera, looking out over the blue green sea.
Breathing the heady air, smoking Turkish cigarettes, and reading the Kama Sutra .

NMB

{!#%@} granted. No one gives a {!#%@} about the "mundane" and everyone is sitting right by you, sweaty, stale cigarette smell, fighting for beach space......... Certainly not mundane, interesting, but, well, everyone quit producing the beach chairs and Turkish smokes needed for such a place. In fact they decided to quit worrying about life at all, and decided that everyone else should pay for it.

I wish I was smoking a Turkish cigarette on some privileged beach somewhere. Well, except for the smoking part, and the beach part.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:49 am

fromthehills wrote:I wish I was smoking a Turkish cigarette on some privileged beach somewhere.
Granted.

fromthehills wrote:Well, except for the smoking part, and the beach part.
:neener:

I wish for a fish.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 am

scrmbldggs wrote:

I wish for a fish.

Granted. It's one of those big ass noodling catfish. It's got ahold of your arm and won't let go.

I wish I had invented the field of bio-electrical engineering.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:56 pm

fromthehills wrote:
nmblum wrote:

NMB

{!#%@} granted. No one gives a {!#%@} about the "mundane" and everyone is sitting right by you, sweaty, stale cigarette smell, fighting for beach space......... Certainly not mundane, interesting, but, well, everyone quit producing the beach chairs and Turkish smokes needed for such a place. In fact they decided to quit worrying about life at all, and decided that everyone else should pay for it.

I wish I was smoking a Turkish cigarette on some privileged beach somewhere. Well, except for the smoking part, and the beach part.

Not granted.
Not while you are so cranky.
(Which is odd, because you don't LOOK shrewish.)
You would not take pleasure in any of it anyway, because you would be looking for something to complain about no matter what was available to enjoy.
Instead you are granted a bowl of gruel, two lumps of coal for you Christmas stocking , and the suggestion to stay where you are until your mood wears off and you are again the warm,trusting, fun loving, optimistic fellow that everyone admires, assiduously courts, and might even like.
Or you could take a nap and try your wish again later.

I wish I didn't have the patience of a {!#%@} saint.

NMB
Skepticism:

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:00 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
fromthehills wrote:I wish I was smoking a Turkish cigarette on some privileged beach somewhere.
Granted.

fromthehills wrote:Well, except for the smoking part, and the beach part.
:neener:

I wish for a fish.

Not granted.
Nobody gets fish just by wishing for one.
Fish is for those who actually dragged themselves out of bed at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning to drive to 165 miles to the Seat of Cortes for the fishing, returning five
hours later in a non air-conditioned truck in a 100 F. heat.

Or as some of you might refer to us … "the PRIVILEGED people."

I wish for rain…. "water, water, everywhere,….."
Man does not live by internet alone.

NMB
Skepticism:

OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm

nmblum wrote:I wish I didn't have the patience of a {!#%@} saint.

NMB

Granted. You have the patience of a celibate saint, which of course, is nonexistent.

I wish I wasn't so dumb that I forgot to wish and had to edit one in.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:23 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
nmblum wrote:I wish I didn't have the patience of a {!#%@} saint.

NMB

Granted. You have the patience of a celibate saint, which of course, is nonexistent.

I wish I wasn't so dumb that I forgot to wish and had to edit one in.

Granted.
You are now not at all dumb, but avidly open to instruction and knowledge.
So!! FYI:
Any saint worthy of the name knows how to get around the celibacy requirement among other inconveniences to the the senses,including the really uncomfortable hairshirt.
(Mine is made of silk and cashmere… as befits being among the privileged saints.)

Being a saint is swell, but I wish I didn't have to hang out with so many transgressors and miscreants in order to keep my title.

NMB
Skepticism:

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Granted. You are now considered a saint only by the transgressors and miscreants you aren't hanging out with.

I wish I could take a nap.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Granted. You are now considered a saint only by the transgressors and miscreants you aren't hanging out with.

But thus has it ever been,
The named, the beatified saints only hang out with those who gave them the job in the first place. as in politics, politics,……
(So can you please adjust your grant?)

I wish I could take a nap.

Most easily granted.
Just keep reading here.

I wish there were a Dia de los Muertos for Anglos…
We don't seem to know what to do about death, except to never talk about it…
And we certainly don't make sugar death heads with baby names on them…. "Mi nieto.."
"Mi ángel en cielo…"

NMB
Skepticism:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Norma wrote:

Granted.
Except it doesn't mean the same as it does in Mexico. It means the dead now rise and walk the earth and eat the living.

I wish for my supper to taste as good as it looks on the picture on the recipe.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:02 am

Aztexan wrote:Norma wrote:

Granted.
Except it doesn't mean the same as it does in Mexico. It means the dead now rise and walk the earth and eat the living.

Hmmm ..No.
I cannot grant your wish.
For I am one of the Gringos meant to walk the earth and eat the living.
No particular recipe required, so I haven't bothered to look.
Sorry 'bout that, but power is its own reward: anyone who CAN be eaten alive WILL be eaten alive.

I wish Aztecan were not quite so cynical about the guys who, after all, did give you all Columbus Day.
And it's a a paid holiday yet (if you are lucky enough to have a job).

NMB
Skepticism:

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Postby octopus1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

nmblum wrote:
Aztexan wrote:Norma wrote:

Granted.

Hmmm ..No.
I cannot grant your wish.
For I am one of the Gringos meant to walk the earth and eat the living.
No particular recipe required, so I haven't bothered to look.
Sorry 'bout that, but power is its own reward: anyone who CAN be eaten alive WILL be eaten alive.

I wish Aztecan were not quite so cynical about the guys who, after all, did give you all Columbus Day.
And it's a a paid holiday yet (if you are lucky enough to have a job).

NMB

Not granted. "Aztecan" cannot be identified.

I wish I had more toy octopuses.
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Granted. You now have so many that Cthulhu takes notice, and He is not amused. In fact, He is downright insulted, and He decides to Do Something about it.
:heh: :heh: :heh:

I wish I was more photogenic.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:49 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
I wish I was more photogenic.

Granted. An experiment gone wild turns you into the first glow in the dark human, which is pretty cool. However, it keeps you awake at night.

I wish for a pizza in every barn.

clarsct
Frequent Poster

Postby clarsct » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:48 am

Granted.
There is now a pizza in every barn. Unfortunately, no one looks in barns for pizzas, so they sit and molder. Eventually, the fungi that feed on all the uneaten pizzas develop at an accelerated pace, and form intelligent slime molds hell-bent on world domination.

I wish NMB a very swell day.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 am

clarsct wrote:

She had one, but I wouldn't mention it after the ankle incident.

I wish Amazon sold my prefered beer, and the ups truck delivered it to the door every two days. And Fed Ex delivered it on the odd days.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

fromthehills wrote:
clarsct wrote:

She had one, but I wouldn't mention it after the ankle incident.

I wish Amazon sold my prefered beer, and the ups truck delivered it to the door every two days. And Fed Ex delivered it on the odd days.

Provisionally granted.
Because Amazon and FedX do deliver your preferred beer, but the moralists and "let's save him from himself" folks have had your name put on the "do NOT deliver" list.
Too bad… you should have kept your excesses to yourself.

::Sigh:: I wish FTH would finally come clean and admit that there would have been no "ankle incident" at all, if he hadn't thrown me under that bus!!
(In a momentary fit of pique, however… no reflection on FTH's generally non-violent, even eerily pacific nature.)

NMB
Skepticism:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 am

fromthehills wrote:I wish Amazon sold my prefered beer, and the ups truck delivered it to the door every two days. And Fed Ex delivered it on the odd days.

Granted. But your last family vacation left you stranded far from home and the hippies are making a fortune by stealing and selling your deliveries.

I wish that funny noise my car is making really was funny.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:49 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
fromthehills wrote:I wish Amazon sold my prefered beer, and the ups truck delivered it to the door every two days. And Fed Ex delivered it on the odd days.

Granted. But your last family vacation left you stranded far from home and the hippies are making a fortune by stealing and selling your deliveries.

I wish that funny noise my car is making really was funny.

Immediately granted.
Go outside and listen: the noise is no longer funny at all, but ominous, the death-rattle of a vehicle ready for the junk yard,

I wish that the trauma and the cost of having it hauled away won't take a toll on y our already fragile health.
NMB

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Granted. You car now makes farting noises as you drive.

I wish my life wasn't so stressful right now.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:44 am

Austin Harper wrote:I wish my life wasn't so stressful right now.

Granted. It's not so stressful right now but it's gonna be for the next few years.

I wish I could get started with my next project.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 am

Granted. Detroit is still not better for it.

I wish I remembered saying anything I've said here.

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Granted. You now wish you hadn't asked.

I wish for a magic lawnmower.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Granted. It's a black magic mower and it transforms your lawn into a desert sprouting only goat heads.

I wish I had a doughnut.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:49 am

Granted.
The Pillsbury Doughboy, after contracting testicular cancer and having the same procedure as Lance Armstrong, gives his removed ball to you as a gift.
I wish my new kitten would settle down and stop jumping on the counters.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Granted. The neighbor's dog rips of its hind legs.

I wish that Gord will give me a chance to get back into the swing of using a real keyboard before correcting my spelling and grammar.

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Granted. You've had over a week.

I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:16 am

Granted. I get to flirt with you now.

I wish whatever tree sex that''s going on would be over so I can breathe again.

Cygnus_X1
Frequent Poster

Postby Cygnus_X1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Granted. But Paddy wants to know who the third person will be.

I wish I didn't tell such bad jokes.
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Granted. But then you'd have no jokes at all.

I wish all my jokes were good ones.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Postby Gord » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:55 am

Granted, but now nobody believes they're coming from you.

I wish I could get this recipe for balsamic syrup to turn out right.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Brainteasers”