I've Sometimes Wondered . . .

If the red house has blue shutters and the green house has red shutters, what's this section for?
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

I've Sometimes Wondered . . .

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 pm

If Hindu dies and is reincarnated as a Catholic, what happens to his soul when he dies again?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: I've Sometimes Wondered . . .

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Whats the issue? The soul recycles or stays incarnate both at the same time....just like the Holy Trinity.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

A Hindu can be reincarnated as a worm, but not as low as a Catholic.
"I not only think that we will tamper with Mother Nature, I think Mother wants us to."
- Willard Gaylin

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 am

He'll definitely go to Hel - having strayed, albeit unwittingly. If there was such a thing as a bibblical god. :nuts:

Lard, save me from your followers.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 am

I think it's clear: OlegTheBatty needs to create a thread called Stuff OlegTheBatty Doesn't Get.

scrmbldggs wrote:He'll definitely go to Hel - having strayed, albeit unwittingly. If there was such a thing as a bibblical god. :nuts:

I'm pretty sure it's Odin and his kin who decide who goes to Hel.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 am

Gord wrote:I think it's clear: OlegTheBatty needs to create a thread called Stuff OlegTheBatty Doesn't Get.

scrmbldggs wrote:He'll definitely go to Hel - having strayed, albeit unwittingly. If there was such a thing as a bibblical god. :nuts:

I'm pretty sure it's Odin and his kin who decide who goes to Hel.

He doesn't have much leeway in that regard: unless you died during a selfless act of bravery with a weapon in your hand, you won't go to Valhalla.
"I not only think that we will tamper with Mother Nature, I think Mother wants us to."
- Willard Gaylin

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

How do you know he strayed after he reincarnated as Catholic? . . . :| . . . That's a self-answering question, isn't it.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Maybe Gods have a Soul Clearing House, you know, where at regular intervals they swap the essences of those who have changed their Religion.
- Willard Gaylin

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:01 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

How do you know he strayed after he reincarnated as Catholic? . . . :| . . . That's a self-answering question, isn't it.

:lol: But I was talking about the heathen incarnation.

Some would have it that those who don't know the one and truly god™ are willfully ignorant. Cos he wrote it on yer gallbladder. Or kneecap. Or was it more private parts?

Lard, save me from your followers.

Return to “Brainteasers”