How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26349
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:...at the time of the bog bang....
Gord wrote:I don't think that's right. :|


Err....ummm....errr...uummm....if "bog", in Canadian slang, means poo, like it does in Australia, I can now explain why the early physics of the universe are hard to come to grips with.

(Phew!!!....got out of that one and Gord will never notice my original typo.) :D

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 am

Oh, okay!

I thought you were talking about swamp sex.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
maunas wrote:Dark matter is not matter. It is pure mass because it does not encapsulate space into it's structure. It existed independent of big bang singularity.
Matthew Ellard wrote:That is an extraordinary claim. If dark matter exists, are you saying it was not part of the singularity? If so, where did it exist before the big bang, if there was no universe?
maunas wrote:A dark matter/mass singularity is the gravitational field of the cosmos which becomes infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system. Since such quantities will become infinite within the big bang singularity, the laws of normal space-time cannot exist.


No, you missed my point. The inflation of the universe at the time of the bog bang created all space. There is no where for Dark Matter (if it exists) to exist other than the universe. Therefore, where do you claim Dark Matter resided before the big bang?



Dear Matthew Ellard,
You rightly say that "There is no where for Dark Matter (if it exists) to exist other than the universe." But, here you are forgetting that here i am talking about "Dark MASS" not " Dark MATTER", and, "mass" unlike "matter" does not require any space to RESIDE. Moreover multiple independent singularities can exist at the same dimensionless point.
Singularity! Because entangled.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26349
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 am

maunas wrote:Dear Matthew Ellard,
You rightly say that "There is no where for Dark Matter (if it exists) to exist other than the universe." But, here you are forgetting that here i am talking about "Dark MASS" not " Dark MATTER", and, "mass" unlike "matter" does not require any space to RESIDE. Moreover multiple independent singularities can exist at the same dimensionless point.


That is complete rubbish. Can you show me anything that says a "mass" can exist separately to other masses in the same singularity? Secondly, as the big bang created three dimensional space itself, there is no where other than the singularity in the first place. Nothing can exist outside of the singularity before inflation.

( I recognise that Gord has an academic background in cosmology and will defer to his comments)

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:...at the time of the bog bang....
Gord wrote:I don't think that's right. :|


Err....ummm....errr...uummm....if "bog", in Canadian slang, means poo, like it does in Australia, I can now explain why the early physics of the universe are hard to come to grips with.

(Phew!!!....got out of that one and Gord will never notice my original typo.) :D

"Bog" is just "swamp" in the US, so I take "bog bang" to mean the point at which evolution began. :mrgreen: Primordial Soup, anyone? It's the special of the day!
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 am

Forgive my probable ignorance on the topic, but how does "mass" exist if there's not matter?

matter: (physics) physical substance in the universe
mass: (physics) the amount of matter in any solid object or in any volume of liquid or gas

Is this merely a case of the OP floating a weird theory because we can't observe past the event horizon? Or is there a physics basis to what he's saying?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26349
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Forgive my probable ignorance on the topic, but how does "mass" exist if there's not matter?


You are right. Mass comes from after the big bang in quarks. "Dark mass" is a poetic invention of Maunas that has no meaning in phsyics.

It seems to me that Maunas is setting down poetic explanations for the universe and keeps modifying his poem when it slightly crosses over with real physics and he thinks he is getting somewhere.
:D

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
maunas wrote:Dear Matthew Ellard,
You rightly say that "There is no where for Dark Matter (if it exists) to exist other than the universe." But, here you are forgetting that here i am talking about "Dark MASS" not " Dark MATTER", and, "mass" unlike "matter" does not require any space to RESIDE. Moreover multiple independent singularities can exist at the same dimensionless point.


That is complete rubbish. Can you show me anything that says a "mass" can exist separately to other masses in the same singularity? Secondly, as the big bang created three dimensional space itself, there is no where other than the singularity in the first place. Nothing can exist outside of the singularity before inflation.

( I recognise that Gord has an academic background in cosmology and will defer to his comments)



Hi Matthew,
Under this topic some years back (2013-2014), i had suggested, using the logic of till date repeatedly proved theory of relativity and earlier proved laws of physics, that, mass= energy= time= space= force. So asking where did the dark mass reside before the big bang, when there was no universe (space), is like asking, WHERE DOES THE SPACE RESIDE?
Like steam, water and ice, "mass , energy, space, time and force are different phases of the same entity, the fundamental entity of existence, and, these phases themselves are all of existence creating the universe, so, they can exist independent of any preformed universe or a big bang singularity point of any universe.
Singularity! Because entangled.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26349
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 am

maunas wrote: i had suggested, using the logic of till date repeatedly proved theory of relativity and earlier proved laws of physics, that, mass= energy= time= space= force. So asking where did the dark mass reside before the big bang, when there was no universe (space), is like asking, WHERE DOES THE SPACE RESIDE?
It doesn't work like that. Inflation, of the big bang created all three dimensional space. There was nothing outside of the singularity for anything to exist, as there was no outside. You cannot avoid the impossibility of your invention "Dark Mass" somehow being separate to the singularity, by simply ignoring other parts of established physics.

I suggest to you that you have already fallen into this trap when you say "Where does the space of the universe reside?" and that you have held this same incorrect belief since 2014

maunas in 2014 wrote:For example, If in the beginning, when 'all' was concentrated as a point, smaller than an electron means there was only 'space'.



maunas wrote: Like steam, water and ice, "mass , energy, space, time and force are different phases of the same entity, the fundamental entity of existence, and, these phases themselves are all of existence creating the universe, so, they can exist independent of any preformed universe or a big bang singularity point of any universe.
A quark joins other quarks to form the initial hadrons in the early universe. Quarks have mass. What does your invention "Dark Mass" derive from? Currently, in normal physics, it is still debatable if Dark Matter even exists.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4811
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Here's some news that may be of interest:
BBC News wrote:New map of Universe's dark matter
Researchers have released the most accurate map ever produced of the dark matter in our Universe.
The team surveyed more than 26 million galaxies in the largest study of its kind.
The map will help scientists understand what dark matter is made from and learn more about another mysterious phenomenon called dark energy.
The results have been released by the international Dark Energy Consortium (DES).
(read more)
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Forgive my probable ignorance on the topic, but how does "mass" exist if there's not matter?

matter: (physics) physical substance in the universe
mass: (physics) the amount of matter in any solid object or in any volume of liquid or gas

Is this merely a case of the OP floating a weird theory because we can't observe past the event horizon? Or is there a physics basis to what he's saying?



Matter;: (Physics) mass with extension in space time makes it matter . Matter is made up of non fundamental particles. The only fundamental particle in the universe ( the combinations of which are rest other particles found by particle physicists is graviton. Graviton is the particle which makes quantum space.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Gravitons are not matter as long as they compact absolutely to form pure mass, but as soon as they decay out of dark mass bulk/ strings to form the fabric of space time, they tend to conglomerate to form all sorts of elementary particles including the Higg's boson which is thought to give mass to non fundamental particles.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Forgive my probable ignorance on the topic, but how does "mass" exist if there's not matter?


You are right. Mass comes from after the big bang in quarks. "Dark mass" is a poetic invention of Maunas that has no meaning in phsyics.

It seems to me that Maunas is setting down poetic explanations for the universe and keeps modifying his poem when it slightly crosses over with real physics and he thinks he is getting somewhere.
:D

Thanks, Matthew! So...

(font="Frank Sinatra")
Mass and matter, mass and matter
Go together like "mad" and "hatter"
This I tell you, brother
You can't have one without the other
(/font)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Inflation after the big bang tore apart space into filaments, sheets and spherical halos which got occupied by dark mass particles which further condensed in to structures of absolute dark mass. This formed a complex network of dark mass the cosmic web. Later, matter was drawn inside the densest knots of this web, aggregated into clumps where the first stars formed and then assembled into galaxies. Since dark mass particles are not part of the standard model of particle physics, henceforth i will abstain from calling them GRAVITONS.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Dark mass particles were able to occupy torn out absent quantum space regions because they are continuously creating space by self decay.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am

Even if dark mass particles did not decay into space, they are capable of existing in garbled spacelessness because they are not matter. The provenance of dark mass particles is is also the big bang singularity same as it is for time and space.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:34 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
maunas wrote:Time travel to the past is theoretically possible in certain general relativity spacetime geometries that permit traveling faster than the speed of light. Therefore i deduce that motion leads to past . It can never lead to future if general relativity is correct.


Only if the ball rolling down the hill Is made of tachyons.

CORRECT ; AGREED.
A ball rolling down the hill will probably go into the past if it is made of tachyons. Below the speed of light motion always leads us into the future more or less. More into the future at higher speeds and less into the future at slower speeds, but, only when both speeds are below the speed of light. However truly going faster than the speed of light is a violation of the laws of physics and therefore can not be discussed by physics. We really do not know what would happen to time when an object passes the speed of light.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 pm

maunas wrote: As described in the OP at:http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18544
That depression is obligatory for differentiation or diversification and inflation is obligatory for growth and both the actions are necessary for each other. The extension of this logic to cosmology means that all motion has wave properties. So expansion of space accelerates and decelerates. First the cosmic singularity inflated very quickly followed by a leisurely phase of expansion and then after about 5 billion years it has again started accelerated expansion. AND WE ARE POSTULATING DARK ENERGY BEHIND THIS PHENOMENON OF ACCELERATION.


What i blurted out years ago under some topics, and also under this one above is now also being said by some physicists.

SEE: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... ssippi/amp

Same wave like dilatation and compression (acceleration and deacceleration) occurs during differentiation/evolution of life, eg. The Sahaara pump for human evolution, economic inflation followed by depression of economies, the joining and dispersal of continents causing diversity of life etc. This wave like character seems to be a universal phenomena necessary for producing a variety of entities which are part of our existence.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 pm

From the link in the above post:
physicists Lawrence Mead and Harry Ringermacher from The University of Southern Mississippi (USM), say that the universe is oscillating, or “ringing”, as the expansion slows down slightly – seven times to be precise since the Big Bang.

It is interesting to note that according to Hindu scriptures,"it is presently the aeon of the seventh manu and it is mid day of this universe which will end after the fourteenth manvantar (aeon/ringing).
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 pm

maunas wrote:MATTER first converts in to DARK MATTER and then in to DARK ENERGY.


A Correction now, in the above statement which i blurted on 26 oct 2013

Dark matter/mass converts to normal visible matter first, and then, it converts into quantum space by normal matters decay. Quantum space eats dark mass and grows, expanding the universe in the process.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Dark matter is not matter. It is pure mass because it does not encapsulate space into it's structure. It existed independent of big bang singularity. It is decaying in to quantum vacuum producing space, the rate of production of which is increasing due to decreasing mass of dark matter. This is causing accelerated expansion of space. Dark Energy need not exist in this scenario
.
The statement above, which i posted under this topic on 29 July 2017, is now also supported by a group of physicists:
See: Mysteries of the universe deepen as scientists say dark energy is NOT real http://shr.gs/mrCSqgN

Quote from the article:
By constructing computer simulations that compare a standard cosmological model with one that only had dark matter – which is equally mysterious and accounts for all the unseen matter in the universe – and normal matter, they found that both act very similarly, suggesting that there is no need for dark energy.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:57 am

If energy decays finally into quantum space and E=MC^2 then
S=E C^2. where S is quantum space, E is the energy converted into space and C stands for speed of light.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:24 pm

*Force is an entity which seems to increase or decrease entropy. Space is of two types, one which is mass (knotty space), the other is more or less plain. Force becomes noticeable as motion. Force divides space while effecting motion, the mental quantification of divisions of space produced by motion is felt by us as time.*
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Poodle » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 pm

WAIT! Wait ... we've discovered gravitons?
What have I missed?

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 am

The mental quantification of divisions of space produced by motion as compared (relative) to an arbitrarily selected standard quantification produced by some other motion concurrently gives us a sense of time.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:03 am

Poodle wrote:WAIT! Wait ... we've discovered gravitons?
What have I missed?

Have we really discovered gravitons? If so, please provide a link to this news.
Gravitons, if they exist, are anti-entropy particles. Dark mass/ matter is made up of anti- entropy particles. Particles which prevent entropy from increasing.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8101
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby Poodle » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 am

maunas wrote:... Matter;: (Physics) mass with extension in space time makes it matter . Matter is made up of non fundamental particles. The only fundamental particle in the universe ( the combinations of which are rest other particles found by particle physicists is graviton. Graviton is the particle which makes quantum space.

I was sort of hoping that YOU would provide the link, Maunas, as you appear to be making a very definite claim of the existence of gravitons.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Poodle wrote:
maunas wrote:... Matter;: (Physics) mass with extension in space time makes it matter . Matter is made up of non fundamental particles. The only fundamental particle in the universe ( the combinations of which are rest other particles found by particle physicists is graviton. Graviton is the particle which makes quantum space.

I was sort of hoping that YOU would provide the link, Maunas, as you appear to be making a very definite claim of the existence of gravitons.


Recently LIGO confirmed the existence of gravitational waves for the fourth time. Somewhere i read " Stick a bunch of neutrinos together in a certain asymmetric configuration and you can create gravitational waves". This is to say that "waves" can not be created without particles. GRAVITONS MAY NOT EXIST, BUT, DARK MASS PARTICLES MAY.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Since dark mass particles do not require any space to exist (infinitesimal dimensionless points, but with emergent or non-emergent gravitational effect), they are truly fundamental particles. On the other hand, hypothesized particles like GRAVITONS are considered as mediators of force, imo, A PARTICLE WHICH IS A MEDIATOR OF FORCE WILL ALWAYS OCCUPY SPACE AND THEREFORE BECOMES A COMPOSITE PARTICLE, BECAUSE...

FORCE CAUSES MOTION,
MOTION CHANGES MASS,
MASS IS ENERGY, AND, ENERGY ADDED OR DELETED TO A PARTICLE IS IN PIECES.

Any particle to which energy can be added or deleted is a composite particle, not a fundamental particle.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am

[03/10, 1:18 PM] m maunas: *Nobel Prize in Medicine Goes to 3 Americans for Body Clock Studies
[03/10, 1:22 PM] m maunas: “With exquisite precision, our inner clock adapts our physiology to the dramatically different phases of the day,” committee members noted. “The clock regulates critical functions such as behavior, hormone levels, sleep, body temperature and metabolism.”

The researchers studied fruit flies in which a gene called period seemed to control circadian rhythm; when it was mutated, the insects lost that rhythm.

But what was period, and how did it work? The questions were relevant not just to flies: All organisms, including humans, operate on 24-hour rhythms that control not only sleep and wakefulness but also physiology generally, including blood pressure and heart rate, alertness, body temperature and reaction time.

In 1984, the scientists isolated the period gene and discovered that cells use it to make a protein that builds up at night, during sleep. In daytime, the protein degrades in accordance with the insects’ sleep-wake cycle.

The researchers believed that this protein, which they called PER, somehow blocked the period gene during the day. As PER was broken down in daytime, the gene regained its function and worked again the next night, directing the synthesis of PER.

The entire system turned out to involve several other proteins needed to control the accumulation of PER. These include one that attaches to PER, helping to block the period gene, and another that slows the buildup of the protein.
[03/10, 1:23 PM] m maunas: Continuing to investigate this biological system over the years, the scientists went on to discover still other components, notably one that allows light to influence the 24-hour rhythm.

Their work was pivotal, the Nobel committee said, because the misalignment between a person’s lifestyle and the rhythm dictated by an inner timekeeper — jet lag after a trans-Atlantic flight, for example — could affect well-being and over time could contribute to the risks for various diseases.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:10 pm

[10/10, 12:35 AM] m maunas: *Higher entropy states are becoming more probable than lower entropy ones because of expansion of space. If space did not exist ( probably in the form of big bang singularity) then entropy too was zero.*
[10/10, 12:35 AM] m maunas: *There are said to be fundamental/elementary particles of matter. Also, we speak of fundamental/elementary forces in nature. But, we do not think of fundamental/elementary space or time or energy or mass. So, actually it might be so that grains of space/time and mass/energy are the final fundamental/ elementary particles with properties like: They do not occupy space/ time and mass/energy.*
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 am

*Sub-atomic unpredictability/disorder of a system can be resolved into still smaller constituent segments of complete predictability/order which is not disturbed by the presence of mass-energy, because, mass-energy is inherently random. Therefore, order should be most clearly perceptible in sub-microscopic hypo-subatomic world. Increase in space-time and/or increase in mass-energy, both lead to increase in entropy because more points where mass-energy can be distributed get created.*
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

Erratum: Please read mass-energy in the just previous post as matter-energy.
Singularity! Because entangled.

User avatar
maunas
Poster
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

Re: How "CRUX OF COSMOS" Explains Surprising Things

Postby maunas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

*Since seemingly empty space bubbles with randomly produced virtual particles of matter-energy, inherently random grains of space-time form macroscopic space. The grains of space-time are made up of zero point energy which makes them inherently random. These randomness containing grains of space-time coalesce with particles of mass to form the inherently random 'matter-energy. Mass is non-random inertia till it coalesces with inherently random space to form matter-energy.*

*Since 'nothing' exists at deep-sub-microscopic, hypo- subatomic world (below the grains of space-time and mass-energy) 'nothingness' is the main constituent of our universe (at this resolution) and it expresses zero entropy.*
Singularity! Because entangled.


Return to “Origins”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest