4 year old sociopaths

What you think about how you think.
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

4 year old sociopaths

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Reference, New Scientist, 16 June 2018, page 15

Researchers working with 4 year olds asked them to place pictures of a wide range of people and things into one of three circles. Inner circle, most important. Middle, less so, and outer circle not at all important.

Mother and friend pictures went into the inner circle, along with dogs, monkeys and roses. Sick people and people from other ethnicities went into the outer circle. Teachers and police into the middle.

Does this mean we are all sociopaths when young ? How many of us never grow up ?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: 4 year old sociopaths

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Children have to learn to be human.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 pm

I can't imagine trying to work with year old sociopaths, never mind 4 of them at once.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Gord wrote:I can't imagine trying to work with year old sociopaths, never mind 4 of them at once.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:18 am

Seems like a perfect correlation to the amount of time spent with each group.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote: Image
Hmmmmm, velcro baby. The tape isn't tensioned anywhere, it's not bearing a load. Probably shot with the proto-human lying on a horizontal surface, then 'shopped.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Maybe they stapled his threads onto the wall. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Seems like a perfect correlation to the amount of time spent with each group.
I think you nailed it. They all were raised by monkeys.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:21 am

If it was me at four...

Animals to the centre.

Then plants.

Then humans on the outside, along with the monkey.

Pictures of myself and my family don't even go on the table. They get dropped on the floor.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:42 am

Did we really need another Trump thread? :roll:

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
trump is Putin's bitch

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Here is an image of Trump about to feast on a crowd of people.

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:08 pm

They all are.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:... Does this mean we are all sociopaths when young ? How many of us never grow up ?
4-year olds displaying such choices are, I strongly suspect, the products of parental encouragement rather than innate sociopathy. Shooting the parents of such children would, undoubtedly, alleviate the problem.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:36 am

just proves everyone needs to start taking medication before going to kindergarten

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:39 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:just proves everyone needs to start taking medication before going to kindergarten
Lobotomies are cheaper and more effective.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote: Hmmmmm, velcro baby. The tape isn't tensioned anywhere, it's not bearing a load. Probably shot with the proto-human lying on a horizontal surface, then 'shopped.
helicopter babies.jpg
I think you are right. I first saw the baby in Novosti Pravda. It's a new Russian secret weapon for underage conscripts to bomb foreign bases with baby vomit. Those evil Russians....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:29 pm

The full context:

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:09 pm

landrew wrote:The full context:
Pssst
viewtopic.php?p=654198#p648145
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
landrew wrote:The full context:
Pssst
viewtopic.php?p=654198#p648145
My bad.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:26 am

landrew wrote:My bad.
Don't worry about it. It was joke for the other Russian speakers on the forum about the new weapons being introduced under the Serdyukov reforms. In essence, Russia has been at its weakest militarily, since roughly 2010. That's why the Russians have spent almost a decade distracting from their military weakness with political mischief. As the new tanks, NCO graduates, ships and missiles are finally being rolled out for Russia's new professional armed forces, Russia will probably calm down politically as it's political aim was to remove the UK and USA from Europe, to allow Russia to further integrate economically with Europe.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 am

Russia will never become a relevant economic world power. Too much corruption, excessive national pride and lack of personal discipline. India, China and most of Asia are practically unbeatable in that regard.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 am

landrew wrote:Russia will never become a relevant economic world power. Too much corruption, excessive national pride and lack of personal discipline. India, China and most of Asia are practically unbeatable in that regard.
I don't know about that.

China is resource poor and has to import food. It's economic growth will eventually lead to improved standards of living and increasing consumption.....meaning more imported food. As food is a necessity, China has been trying to buy foreign land to improve food security and that's not going so well. It does not matter what it exports if foreign countries can sell it food. However the PLA still controls the Western provinces for its own food production and the western rebellions are increasing.

Russia has had more revolutions than other countries and the evidence is it can reinvent itself. It is also resource rich and still has a fairly high level of pubic education. That's why it is converting to a professional army from conscript and converting its tax base and economy to allow for European integration. Russia will fix itself eventually and become another European country.

India is more interesting and probably less predictable. However it is more a sort of union of independent states. I lived in Communist Kerala with my parents, which had high education while the next state was a complete mess. I think the caste system is its biggest problem.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:44 am

Russia is somewhat an enigma, to me anyway. I thought of it as "Slavic" until I vacationed there. They are all Vikings!!!! And they do seem to be at the leading edge in several scientific areas.

I read last week that when the next world wide depression comes, Russia may be on top as since its own last economic crisis Russia (ie: PUTIN!!!) put in place economic policies to keep the ruble sound...….and it is. Very little debt in Russia. I don't know how that all works to Putin's personal advantage...but I assume it does.

Thing is: Putin won't live forever. The change will be fascinating.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote:Russia will never become a relevant economic world power. Too much corruption, excessive national pride and lack of personal discipline. India, China and most of Asia are practically unbeatable in that regard.
I don't know about that.

China is resource poor and has to import food. It's economic growth will eventually lead to improved standards of living and increasing consumption.....meaning more imported food. As food is a necessity, China has been trying to buy foreign land to improve food security and that's not going so well. It does not matter what it exports if foreign countries can sell it food. However the PLA still controls the Western provinces for its own food production and the western rebellions are increasing.

Russia has had more revolutions than other countries and the evidence is it can reinvent itself. It is also resource rich and still has a fairly high level of pubic education. That's why it is converting to a professional army from conscript and converting its tax base and economy to allow for European integration. Russia will fix itself eventually and become another European country.

India is more interesting and probably less predictable. However it is more a sort of union of independent states. I lived in Communist Kerala with my parents, which had high education while the next state was a complete mess. I think the caste system is its biggest problem.
Russia has too many alcoholics and heavy smokers. They eat bread with pure lard smeared on top, and vodka with every meal. After decades of being indoctrinated with the idea that "capitalism is crime," when capitalism became legal, Russians thought "crime is legal" so anything goes. That accounts for much of the chaos and anarchy in the country today, and is the reason it will never organize a viable economy that isn't dependent on selling oil.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Austin Harper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 pm

landrew wrote:Russia has too many alcoholics and heavy smokers. They eat bread with pure lard smeared on top, and vodka with every meal. After decades of being indoctrinated with the idea that "capitalism is crime," when capitalism became legal, Russians thought "crime is legal" so anything goes. That accounts for much of the chaos and anarchy in the country today, and is the reason it will never organize a viable economy that isn't dependent on selling oil.
Is this supposed to be a joke? None of that is true.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
landrew wrote:Russia has too many alcoholics and heavy smokers. They eat bread with pure lard smeared on top, and vodka with every meal. After decades of being indoctrinated with the idea that "capitalism is crime," when capitalism became legal, Russians thought "crime is legal" so anything goes. That accounts for much of the chaos and anarchy in the country today, and is the reason it will never organize a viable economy that isn't dependent on selling oil.
Is this supposed to be a joke? None of that is true.
But that's my analysis.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 am

landrew wrote:They eat bread with pure lard smeared on top, and vodka with every meal.
I cook a lot of Russian peasant food as it is quite healthy. I really think you need to go to a Russian supermarket and have a look around.

I would agree that alcoholism is still a big problem with the older generation. I remember when Gorbachev closed down day time alcohol sales......which didn't work.

landrew wrote:After decades of being indoctrinated with the idea that "capitalism is crime," when capitalism became legal, Russians thought "crime is legal" so anything goes. That accounts for much of the chaos and anarchy in the country today, and is the reason it will never organize a viable economy that isn't dependent on selling oil.
I think you are confusing oligarchs with normal citizens. It was oligarchs who undervalued state communist assets and then floated them at their real value later to make enormous profits. The FSB ( Domestic Intelligence Agency) and SVR (Foreign non-military intelligence agency) allocates more time hunting down overseas ex-Russian oligarchs who stripped state assets, than they do on most other concerns. It is the laundering of oligarch money through Fiji, Israel, Cyprus and so on, that gets a lot of SVR attention.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:05 am

Austin Harper wrote:Is this supposed to be a joke? None of that is true.
landrew wrote:After decades of being indoctrinated....

Ирония огромна. Он не любит русских. Это то, чему его учили в школе. :D

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: It is the laundering of oligarch money through Fiji, Israel, Cyprus and so on, that gets a lot of SVR attention.
You mean other than Putin and his thugs? aka: those rascal who won't pay their due to Putin. Huge false dichotomy.

I found the cabbage and potato soup with the cow grazing in the field outside to be quite satisfying.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: It is the laundering of oligarch money through Fiji, Israel, Cyprus and so on, that gets a lot of SVR attention.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: You mean other than Putin and his thugs? aka: those rascal who won't pay their due to Putin. Huge false dichotomy.
Bobbo? Where do you think Putin was, when The Soviet Union ended? Putin was still just a KGB officer of the first directorate, in Leningrad. The oligarchs worked for government or treasury or on boards of state concerns that undervalued assets.

How many oligarchs are former KGB officers? That would be zero. That's why the new First directorate or the KGB (SVR) hunts down oligarchs who stripped state assets from Russia.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Is this supposed to be a joke? None of that is true.
landrew wrote:After decades of being indoctrinated....

Ирония огромна. Он не любит русских. Это то, чему его учили в школе. :D
I like Russians; I am of Russian descent myself. Russians are good-hearted people, but they are at least 400 years behind the west, culturally.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Austin Harper » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 am

They sure make pretty good spacecraft, movies, and clothes for the 1600s.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:53 am

Austin Harper wrote:They sure make pretty good spacecraft, movies, and clothes for the 1600s.
Not that great, but with enough tries, some of it works.
Those Russian Matryoshka dolls are quite good, and so are the painted Easter eggs.
Very few factories making export goods.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:03 am

landrew wrote: I like Russians; I am of Russian descent myself. Russians are good-hearted people, but they are at least 400 years behind the west, culturally.
Yep. All that those primitive Russian people did, was swamp those highly educated USA citizens with Clinton conspiracies and Deep State conspiracies, and install a US president of their choosing, who "grabs women by the pussy".

Yep.....thank god the culturally advanced USA saw through that..........

(I love the way Landrews is an American, from a country that only ended slavery 150 years ago, telling us the Russians are 400 years behind the west) :D

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:02 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote: I like Russians; I am of Russian descent myself. Russians are good-hearted people, but they are at least 400 years behind the west, culturally.
Yep. All that those primitive Russian people did, was swamp those highly educated USA citizens with Clinton conspiracies and Deep State conspiracies, and install a US president of their choosing, who "grabs women by the pussy".

Yep.....thank god the culturally advanced USA saw through that..........

(I love the way Landrews is an American, from a country that only ended slavery 150 years ago, telling us the Russians are 400 years behind the west) :D
You seem quite supportive of a jealous, backwards and hostile nation, who has already damaged the US democratic process. Closer to collusion than not, I'd say.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:08 am

landrew wrote:You seem quite supportive of a jealous, backwards and hostile nation, who has already damaged the US democratic process. Closer to collusion than not, I'd say.
You idiot. This is not a US focused forum. It is the International Skeptic Society. We support science, You support what ever your religions belief is, WE don't.
Russian_Skeptic_Society.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Matt: what science is being supported when lauding the interference of Putin in the elections in other countries?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:26 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Matt: what science is being supported when lauding the interference of Putin in the elections in other countries?
Putin is a despot. He has killed journalists for getting too close to truth, and he has poisoned foreign nationals. He has publicly lamented the loss of the Soviet empire. He is thought to be one of the world's richest men, running a kleptocracy that steals from it's own people. Such quisling appeasement is truly nauseating.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm

landrew: exactly so. I'm waiting for Matt to tell us that is all "good science." :roll: :lol: :lol: :slapfight: :yahoo: :banghead: :pc: …...but never an apology. :idea: :idea: