Miss-identified.

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Can Placid really be this stupid?
placid wrote: I don't exist
placid wrote: Words do not convey facts.
placid wrote:Why do u keep miss interpretating the point I'm making?


Dumb and dumber 3.jpg


Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about, maybe put it down on paper as a verifiable theory that we can all agree on...so in this response to you, I will attempt to do just that, although lets be clear here, Non0duality is not a theory, because there is no such thing as Non-duality.

Your missing the point again. Do you want to learn something new, do you want to unlearn the old? if yes then ..Read on very carefully...

If no, then it's here for others to read.

Please understand, that when I use the concepts I or me or you or other or them or us...these are just reference points used to tell the story of no one communicating to no one ..these reference points are the dreamt characters no one is dreaming.

I know this all sounds daft to the conditioned mind...because the you that you believe yourself to be have never been taught Non0duality.. your culture is only interested in separation...the culture has put the idea into your head that you are a separate person among many other separate people, but that reality is just so far removed from what true real reality actually is...



There is no one feeling pain, there is only pain paining. The pain and the sensation of pain is the same one.

No one has a brain, there is only brain braining.

There is no one talking words, there is only talking. A sound and the hearing exist in the same instant, sound and heard are the same one. There is no one hearing, there is only hearing.

There is no I because there is no other than I ... the I is one.

There is nothing for a skeptic to refute, and no evidence that there is an entity existing, so nothing for a scientist to prove....there is no such thing as a scientist or a religious person existing, these are all imagined entities imagined by no one.

There is only irrefutable oneness here all alone one without a second, how do I know that ? ... I don't, for oneness is already self evident ...for there is no one to refute non-existence.

Calling people mentally ill is still no one calling people mentally ill...it's all meaningless sound coming from no where, and returning to now here listened only by oneness alone which is always this constant silent present...aka awareness.

The sound ''You are mentally ill'' or ''I am a religious person or a scientist'' comes and goes as noise, and does not actually exist as a real entity...all that exists is the silent witness ..silently looking on in complete detachment.

Mistaking the sound and the words to be YOU is error.. words are just the paint on the screen of awareness, it's like throwing paint against a blank surface, if the paint sticks the blank surface will think it's the paint, but just as the paint can be wiped away the blank screen surface always remains.

This is what Advaita teaches and it is irrefutable. Science have already acknowledged this fact.

The reason you get all uppity and hissy with this message Matt is because you believe you exist as a separate entity..but no separate entity is doing this, ...it's just the imagined character is believing itself to be the doer, when in truth it is already being done...Matt is looking at this message with the wrong I ... there are apparently two I's here...one is a phantom the other one is real.

Non-duality is a very hard concept to grasp when there is the belief in a separate character existing apart from the whole, only when the false illusion of a separate character falls away is the real self revealed, as I explained in the paint and screen analogy...true beingness is never not what thought thinks it is.

I'm going to start another thread soon explaining how and why oneness is truth and how it is irrefutable.

And I'm just going to confine myself to that thread only, I invite any one to come along and listen, but name calling will be totally ignored, name calling is just plain old frustration of not really understanding what's being discussed. Only an open heart will recognise their own knowledge of what's being said. Anyone can enter there true being but they have to leave the little monkey mind outside...otherwise they will obstruct understanding. If monkey comes along, true self cannot show up, because there is no room in here for two... there is only one now.

.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:13 am

placid wrote:Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about, maybe put it down on paper as a verifiable theory that we can all agree on...so in this response to you, I will attempt to do just that ....


And then you proceed to make a series of bare statements of belief with no reference to anything outside your claims. This is precisely the reason why most people here take the piss out of you. A belief is not a fact (unless by sheer coincidence). A belief system is a religion, not a scientifically-sound basis for discussion. You know the nature of this forum yet you continue to give us "But it just does ..." as your reasoning behind all of your claims. It's no different from "Goddidit" or "the fairies did it".
Drop a stone and watch it. Time after time after time, it will drop towards the centre of the Earth, assuming no lateral force has been applied. It will never change its trajectory, no matter how much wishful thinking is directed toward it. It will behave in that manner no matter how many people are standing near it directing deflective thoughts towards it, no matter how many people are directing deflective prayers to their gods, and no matter how many placids are claiming that it doesn't have to be that way if only people changed their attitude towards the rock.
The universe is what it is - it obeys physical rules because those rules are part and parcel of that very same universe. It can do no other. But it's sometimes hard to understand because working out what some of those rules are and manipulating the calculations involving those rules can be daunting. But that's not enough reason to throw in the towel and choose magic instead.
Your explanations explained nothing, placid. They were merely repetitions of your beliefs. Not good enough. I'm afraid.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am

Poodle wrote:Your explanations explained nothing, placid. They were merely repetitions of your beliefs. Not good enough. I'm afraid.



Like Matt, you too are not listening to what's being spoken.

Non0duality is not a belief, it is that which dissolves does away with all belief structure.

To have a belief requires a believer.

Please show me the evidence of a believer so that I may believe there is such a thing called a belief?

Please stop writing longs posts of what's already known, just get to the juice, where is the believer?

Anybody can recite illusory knowledge until they are blue in the face..but can they show us the knower?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 am

Poodle wrote: I'm afraid.


Who is afraid?

Is that what you believe?

Where's the evidence for fear.

Now your the one talking bollocks.

Find that one who's afraid?

If you say well it's just a figure of speech, then all I can say is isn't all speech just a figure of speech?> now we're talking.

Can action figures talk, does your barbie doll talk? who's talking?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:57 am

Figuratively speaking...

Awakened awareness (what is, absolute reality, God consciousness, atoms and sub-atomic particles, label, label, label, etc, etc) energetically permeates everything, including the body-mind action figure, thereby enabling the body-mind action figure to sense and believe ''I am aware'' Such is the creation and transformation of individual body-mind into a conditioned personal identity.

And unconditioned awareness . . . neither validates nor invalidates the body-mind action figure’s story of ''me''. Only mind does that. This can be seen on a daily basis, individually and collectively.

The body is not aware, only awareness is aware. You are the awareness of body, not body.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:05 pm

No, you misunderstand, placid ...
This is what you wrote ...
placid wrote:... Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about, maybe put it down on paper as a verifiable theory that we can all agree on...so in this response to you, I will attempt to do just that ...

... and then you went on and on and didn't do it. I don't think you understand what 'explain' means. I'm not totally convinced that you know what anything at all means, as your arguments and responses are all identical and contentless.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Poodle wrote:No, you misunderstand, placid ...
This is what you wrote ...
placid wrote:... Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about, maybe put it down on paper as a verifiable theory that we can all agree on...so in this response to you, I will attempt to do just that ...

... and then you went on and on and didn't do it. I don't think you understand what 'explain' means. I'm not totally convinced that you know what anything at all means, as your arguments and responses are all identical and contentless.


So stop asking for evidence then, simple isn't it. Stop projecting your own BS at imagined other people ..you have no proof this one here exists, aka ''other''....you only know you exist. Stop asking for proof of yourself you fool.

And stop putting other people down that only exist in your own imagination, put yourself down first, and then all this crappy arguing madness will stop.

The thing is you can't do that cause the ego loves the battle, it loves getting down and dirty ..it rather enjoys it. Without me there is no you.

That's funny, you accuse this one here of identical posts, well take a look at Matts replies to people...all identical, don't see you ticking him off for posting identicals. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Does Matt not understand playing with a memory is like shagging the dead.

.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:11 pm

How do you know what Matt's replies contain, O non-existent one? Because you read them, dumbass. Why do you lie constantly? Is it a necessary part of whatever philosophy is fashionable today on a damp Hebridean island? Is it like saying you've been to Norway when you haven't? What is the sound of one liar lying? Finally, how do you know what shagging the dead is like?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Poodle wrote:How do you know what Matt's replies contain, O non-existent one? Because you read them, dumbass. Why do you lie constantly? Is it a necessary part of whatever philosophy is fashionable today on a damp Hebridean island? Is it like saying you've been to Norway when you haven't? What is the sound of one liar lying? Finally, how do you know what shagging the dead is like?


You really are the most ignorant tw*t that ever walked the earth.

Matt repeats his posts calling people idiots over and over and over again. That's what I was getting at, why you not call him out ..You just like to pick on me because that's all you are , your a bully, and a coward.

I have been to Norway, what makes you say I haven't? how do you know I've not been to Norway?

You are so weird.

You must have worked it out by now that I choose to discuss Non-duality. So why get involved when you obviously have no understanding of the subject whatsoever, if you did, you wouldn't be giving the replies you do. Why do you even bother trying to talk to me?

It's like if I started having a discussion with someone on a thread about algebra that I know nothing about...would I go there?...hell no, because I've got sense, unlike you.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Because YOU said that YOU hadn't gone to Norway after announcing on this forum that you WERE going to Norway. Were you lying then or are you lying now?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Poodle wrote:Because YOU said that YOU hadn't gone to Norway after announcing on this forum that you WERE going to Norway. Were you lying then or are you lying now?


Show me the exact post I said that for evidence please? otherwise your lying, because I have been to Norway.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Well, that would be difficult, wouldn't it? It disappeared in your wholesale deletion after you claimed that Hitler was merely misunderstood. Or didn't that happen either?
What you have to understand, placid, is that your attempt at being a super-wise child of the cosmos is anathema to most of the denizens of this forum, dedicated (as it is) to reality and the stuff thereof. You shouldn't take it personally when I call you a wishy-washy airhead of no practical use to any part of this universe. It's just the way things are expressed in my little corner of it.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Poodle wrote:Well, that would be difficult, wouldn't it? It disappeared in your wholesale deletion after you claimed that Hitler was merely misunderstood. Or didn't that happen either?
What you have to understand, placid, is that your attempt at being a super-wise child of the cosmos is anathema to most of the denizens of this forum, dedicated (as it is) to reality and the stuff thereof. You shouldn't take it personally when I call you a wishy-washy airhead of no practical use to any part of this universe. It's just the way things are expressed in my little corner of it.


And this is exactly what I talk about fool.

Is that every thing ever spoken simply vanishes into nothingness. In other words, everything is an appearance of no thing.
No thing ever happened...you are still shagging with dead things. Let it go man, what the heck is wrong with you.

I'm no wise one I'm simply disclosing the lie of a separate person for what it is...it's your lie too, it's not some special knowledge that only I know ..you know this too, wake up fool.

The only reason you know NOW about what you think I said IN THE PAST, is because you remembered it, and still believe it happened, You cannot be the actual witness of what I said back then, but you seem to believe it's still happening when it's not, it's just a memory ... All knowledge is a memory, known by awareness...knowledge is dead. Only the awareness is alive only in relation to what it knows in memory.
Last edited by placid on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:21 pm

You have no idea what is going to happen next..you live on the edge of not-knowing...any thing known is a memory dead and gone...you dip in to memory to know something otherwise you don't know anything.

Memory is past, it's not the same as the immediate unknowing now. And now is the only real place you exist, not in the past or in the future, but now.

Do you understand?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Stop putting labels on things...does a tree know it's a bloody tree for christ sake? well it's the same for every thing including the body...your arm does not know it's an arm..it's all imagined by the mind that has never been seen.

Stop arguing about it, go and study Non-duality for yourself, or don't, just shut the f up, I'm not interested in you or your stupid comments.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Poodle wrote: Hitler


If Hitler was a real thing where is he now fool?

No thing ever happens fool.

Only no thing happens fool.

Real things cannot disappear, otherwise they're not real are they fool.

How thick do you want to be ...do you understand the concept real? it's just a fuking word fool, it's not real.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Then stop responding to my stupid comments. It's easy. Why are you getting so wound up? Where's your mystic equanimity?
The reason I keep challenging you, placid, is because I think it's plain that you have no idea what you're talking about. You're as non-dualist as the average prawn. You've learned the get-out phrases which allow you to slide out from under reasonable questions, and you end up saying nothing at all. Information content = nil. Waste of space. Waste of air. As you come here with the express intention of wasting everyone's time, I find it good fun to wind you up like a clock-spring.
Of course, according to you none of that actually happens. Why then, I wonder, do you get so uptight? Look at your last few responses - you're verging on apoplectic.
I think you're a fraud.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Poodle wrote:Then stop responding to my stupid comments. It's easy. Why are you getting so wound up? Where's your mystic equanimity?
The reason I keep challenging you, placid, is because I think it's plain that you have no idea what you're talking about. You're as non-dualist as the average prawn. You've learned the get-out phrases which allow you to slide out from under reasonable questions, and you end up saying nothing at all. Information content = nil. Waste of space. Waste of air. As you come here with the express intention of wasting everyone's time, I find it good fun to wind you up like a clock-spring.
Of course, according to you none of that actually happens. Why then, I wonder, do you get so uptight? Look at your last few responses - you're verging on apoplectic.
I think you're a fraud.


Yes, well at least you got that right, I am a fraud, I know I am, you don't need to tell me that, you are wasting your time, so what?

Like I said to The Norwegian guy, what do you want to know...that is my only question, so what do you want to know? what do you want from me?

Ask me a question, I'm more than happy to answer your question. I don't know what makes you think I try to slide out from under them...you completely mis-interpret my motive to be here, what do you think I am doing on this forum..do you think I enjoy coming here listening to the likes of you and Matt?.
Last edited by placid on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Almost no one here has questions of the kind you like to go on about. Why does you think it must play it out here?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Almost no one here has questions of the kind you like to go on about. Why does you think it must play it out here?


Same reason every subject plays out here, or are we to only discuss reserved topics only? Who has overall authority over what we talk about all of a sudden.

If no one wants to talk about Non-duality, then stop replying to me, simple isn't it.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 pm

I'll just copy this line here ... Placid said "Ask me a question, I'm more than happy to answer your question. I don't know what makes you think I try to slide out from under them."

OK - I'll go first.
Why, placid, do you think that a forum dedicated to scientific skepticism is a suitable place to post non-dualist material? Oh no - hold that. It's just been done.
OK - why, placid, didn't you answer the question when it was asked?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:39 pm

placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Almost no one here has questions of the kind you like to go on about. Why does you think it must play it out here?


Same reason every subject plays out here, or are we to only discuss reserved topics only? Who has overall authority over what we talk about all of a sudden.

If no one wants to talk about Non-duality, then stop replying to me, simple isn't it.

It is or it isn't, it can't be forced. It wasn't told that? Its quest is futile.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5023
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

placid wrote:what do you want from me?

Image
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Poodle wrote:I'll just copy this line here ... Placid said "Ask me a question, I'm more than happy to answer your question. I don't know what makes you think I try to slide out from under them."

OK - I'll go first.
Why, placid, do you think that a forum dedicated to scientific skepticism is a suitable place to post non-dualist material? Oh no - hold that. It's just been done.
OK - why, placid, didn't you answer the question when it was asked?


Because I'm a skeptic too, I want to know who is it exactly that thinks it is a skeptic that says things like this forum is not suitable to talk about a certain subject, in my case non-duality?

I thought it was a skeptics job to debunk stuff, not ban it?

That's where my job comes in as a fellow skeptic.. hello...i'm asking what exactly is it you think you are debunking here?

What are you so afraid of?
Last edited by placid on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
placid wrote:what do you want from me?

Image


You are alone.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:It is or it isn't, it can't be forced. It wasn't told that? Its quest is futile.


Who's forcing?

And forcing what exactly?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:59 pm

placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:It is or it isn't, it can't be forced. It wasn't told that? Its quest is futile.


Who's forcing?

And forcing what exactly?

Learned nothing?



What are you so afraid of?

Typical.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:08 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Learned nothing?


I have nothing to sell to you that you do not know and are not already.



scrmbldggs wrote:What are you so afraid of?
Typical.


Don't be scared of a word, it can't harm you. Unless you believe it can.

I've stopped believing in fairy stories and monsters under the bed. If I can do it, we all can do it.
Last edited by placid on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 pm

placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Learned nothing?


I have nothing to sell to you that you do not know and are not already.

That's known.



placid wrote:What are you so afraid of?
scrmbldggs wrote:Typical.


Don't be scared of a word, it can't harm you. Unless you believe it can.

You are projecting your fear.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:You are projecting your fear.


Projections are not real, like I said, don't fear what is not real.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:15 pm

placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:You are projecting your fear.


Projections are not real, like I said, don't fear what is not real.

What you say is not real.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:You are projecting your fear.


Projections are not real, like I said, don't fear what is not real.

What you say is not real.


I know.

It's awesome isn't it.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21792
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:40 pm

So you'll not set out the requested argument for OOB?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 pm

placid wrote:Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about,
You can't . I'm now simply laughing at your stupidity.

placid wrote: I don't exist
placid wrote: Words do not convey facts.
placid wrote:Why do u keep miss interpretating the point I'm making?

Dumb and dumber 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 am

I think I've gotten the hang of this now...

placid wrote:There is no you because there is no other than you.
There is no spoon.

placid wrote:Knowing is not known by a ''someone'', you are the knowing that cannot be known.
Everybody knows the fight was fixed. The poor stay poor; the rich get rich. That's how it goes...everybody knows.

placid wrote:This is only for open hearts to recognise, closed hearts need not apply.
Hearts don't apply except in the context of spades, diamonds, and clubs. I bid three no-trump.

placid wrote:In order to see the sky clearly, the cloud obscuring it has to be removed.
In order to drink my coffee, I must first remove the clouds therein.

placid wrote:When do I begin and you end?
There is no beginning. There is no end. There is only the center. And it's made of chocolate ganache.

placid wrote:where does my lap go when I stand up?
It only exists in situ. :P

placid wrote:If something can be imagined it must already exist.
Imagination is the buttercream icing on the sponge cake of experience.

placid wrote:When you look at your hand, are you looking at the hand or is the hand looking at you?
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is giving a peace sign.

placid wrote:Don't try to make sense.
...unless you follow the recipe exactly.

placid wrote:The Self cannot happen twice.
The Self is both the elf and the shelf on which it sits.

placid wrote:No person has ever seen real...it is a concept.
When you slice an apple pie, you are actually slicing an apple pi.

placid wrote:Where is the seer, where is the knower, where is the thinker?
None of those things are important now. What we should be asking is, "Who let the dogs out?"

placid wrote:Your constant obsession with the dead is your suffering today
Obsession is the fruit produced when you plant the seeds of doubt in the garden of forever.

placid wrote:Awareness never suffered the ways of the mind
Listen to the color of your dreams.

placid wrote:The one that apparently appears to be aware of itself is a phantom.
The realization that you are self-aware must be accompanied by an acceptance that you are either a Rolls Royce or a fictional comic book superhero. Or both.

placid wrote:The mind is the uncreated creator, the sourceless source, the causeless cause.
Meatless meat is an overriding theme in vegan cooking.

placid wrote:There is no one feeling pain, there is only pain paining.
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.

placid wrote:No one has a brain, there is only brain braining.
You could while away the hours conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain. And your head you'd be a scratching while your thoughts are busy hatching, if you only had a brain.

placid wrote:words are just the paint on the screen of awareness
Numbers are just zeroes and ones in various combinations.

placid wrote:true beingness is never not what thought thinks it is
A double negative equals a positive. Three rights equals one left. And vice versa.

placid wrote:If monkey comes along, true self cannot show up, because there is no room in here for two... there is only one now.
La souris est en dessous de la table. Le chat est sûr la chaise. Et le singe est sûr la branche!

placid wrote:Who is afraid?
Who are you? Who'll stop the rain? Who will save your soul? Who's sorry now? Who's behind the door?

placid wrote:Can action figures talk, does your barbie doll talk?
Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

placid wrote:playing with a memory is like shagging the dead
Shag carpets are the mullets of the rug world.

placid wrote:every thing ever spoken simply vanishes into nothingness
Don't speak...I know just what you're saying, so please stop explaining.

placid wrote:Don't be scared of a word, it can't harm you. Unless you believe it can.
"Bird is the word." — The Trashmen
"Grease is the word." — Franki Valli
Discuss these clearly disparate world views in the context of American culture. If both bird and grease are the word simultaneously, then discuss the validity of the simile, "Language is like a bucket of fried chicken."
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 12766
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 am

Nikki: if you might, what is your interest/pay off in responding to the gibberish offered by placid et al? Matt does it too but I think he is on a mission to expose scoundrels. Your interest seems more introspective. I stick my toe in and find the water to be too cold, aka: no pleasure at all. gibberish. whats the fun?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8532
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Aztexan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 am

Gibberish is a palindrome
trump is Putin's bitch

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8532
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Aztexan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:I think I've gotten the hang of this now...

placid wrote:There is no you because there is no other than you.
There is no spoon.

placid wrote:Knowing is not known by a ''someone'', you are the knowing that cannot be known.
Everybody knows the fight was fixed. The poor stay poor; the rich get rich. That's how it goes...everybody knows.

placid wrote:This is only for open hearts to recognise, closed hearts need not apply.
Hearts don't apply except in the context of spades, diamonds, and clubs. I bid three no-trump.

placid wrote:In order to see the sky clearly, the cloud obscuring it has to be removed.
In order to drink my coffee, I must first remove the clouds therein.

placid wrote:When do I begin and you end?
There is no beginning. There is no end. There is only the center. And it's made of chocolate ganache.

placid wrote:where does my lap go when I stand up?
It only exists in situ. :P

placid wrote:If something can be imagined it must already exist.
Imagination is the buttercream icing on the sponge cake of experience.

placid wrote:When you look at your hand, are you looking at the hand or is the hand looking at you?
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is giving a peace sign.

placid wrote:Don't try to make sense.
...unless you follow the recipe exactly.

placid wrote:The Self cannot happen twice.
The Self is both the elf and the shelf on which it sits.

placid wrote:No person has ever seen real...it is a concept.
When you slice an apple pie, you are actually slicing an apple pi.

placid wrote:Where is the seer, where is the knower, where is the thinker?
None of those things are important now. What we should be asking is, "Who let the dogs out?"

placid wrote:Your constant obsession with the dead is your suffering today
Obsession is the fruit produced when you plant the seeds of doubt in the garden of forever.

placid wrote:Awareness never suffered the ways of the mind
Listen to the color of your dreams.

placid wrote:The one that apparently appears to be aware of itself is a phantom.
The realization that you are self-aware must be accompanied by an acceptance that you are either a Rolls Royce or a fictional comic book superhero. Or both.

placid wrote:The mind is the uncreated creator, the sourceless source, the causeless cause.
Meatless meat is an overriding theme in vegan cooking.

placid wrote:There is no one feeling pain, there is only pain paining.
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.

placid wrote:No one has a brain, there is only brain braining.
You could while away the hours conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain. And your head you'd be a scratching while your thoughts are busy hatching, if you only had a brain.

placid wrote:words are just the paint on the screen of awareness
Numbers are just zeroes and ones in various combinations.

placid wrote:true beingness is never not what thought thinks it is
A double negative equals a positive. Three rights equals one left. And vice versa.

placid wrote:If monkey comes along, true self cannot show up, because there is no room in here for two... there is only one now.
La souris est en dessous de la table. Le chat est sûr la chaise. Et le singe est sûr la branche!

placid wrote:Who is afraid?
Who are you? Who'll stop the rain? Who will save your soul? Who's sorry now? Who's behind the door?

placid wrote:Can action figures talk, does your barbie doll talk?
Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

placid wrote:playing with a memory is like shagging the dead
Shag carpets are the mullets of the rug world.

placid wrote:every thing ever spoken simply vanishes into nothingness
Don't speak...I know just what you're saying, so please stop explaining.

placid wrote:Don't be scared of a word, it can't harm you. Unless you believe it can.
"Bird is the word." — The Trashmen
"Grease is the word." — Franki Valli
Discuss these clearly disparate world views in the context of American culture. If both bird and grease are the word simultaneously, then discuss the validity of the simile, "Language is like a bucket of fried chicken."


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Slicing apple pi"
I love it!
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 12766
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 am

There is a weird perhaps instructive construct that applies from Grade School Geography: "He ruined Thanksgiving when he slipped on Greece and Fell on Turkey." Somehow, the two notions get linked all the time. Must be some kind of precognizant archetypal imagery...........but I don't know why.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:I think I've gotten the hang of this now...

placid wrote:There is no you because there is no other than you.
There is no spoon.

placid wrote:Knowing is not known by a ''someone'', you are the knowing that cannot be known.
Everybody knows the fight was fixed. The poor stay poor; the rich get rich. That's how it goes...everybody knows.

placid wrote:This is only for open hearts to recognise, closed hearts need not apply.
Hearts don't apply except in the context of spades, diamonds, and clubs. I bid three no-trump.

placid wrote:In order to see the sky clearly, the cloud obscuring it has to be removed.
In order to drink my coffee, I must first remove the clouds therein.

placid wrote:When do I begin and you end?
There is no beginning. There is no end. There is only the center. And it's made of chocolate ganache.

placid wrote:where does my lap go when I stand up?
It only exists in situ. :P

placid wrote:If something can be imagined it must already exist.
Imagination is the buttercream icing on the sponge cake of experience.

placid wrote:When you look at your hand, are you looking at the hand or is the hand looking at you?
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is giving a peace sign.

placid wrote:Don't try to make sense.
...unless you follow the recipe exactly.

placid wrote:The Self cannot happen twice.
The Self is both the elf and the shelf on which it sits.

placid wrote:No person has ever seen real...it is a concept.
When you slice an apple pie, you are actually slicing an apple pi.

placid wrote:Where is the seer, where is the knower, where is the thinker?
None of those things are important now. What we should be asking is, "Who let the dogs out?"

placid wrote:Your constant obsession with the dead is your suffering today
Obsession is the fruit produced when you plant the seeds of doubt in the garden of forever.

placid wrote:Awareness never suffered the ways of the mind
Listen to the color of your dreams.

placid wrote:The one that apparently appears to be aware of itself is a phantom.
The realization that you are self-aware must be accompanied by an acceptance that you are either a Rolls Royce or a fictional comic book superhero. Or both.

placid wrote:The mind is the uncreated creator, the sourceless source, the causeless cause.
Meatless meat is an overriding theme in vegan cooking.

placid wrote:There is no one feeling pain, there is only pain paining.
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.

placid wrote:No one has a brain, there is only brain braining.
You could while away the hours conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain. And your head you'd be a scratching while your thoughts are busy hatching, if you only had a brain.

placid wrote:words are just the paint on the screen of awareness
Numbers are just zeroes and ones in various combinations.

placid wrote:true beingness is never not what thought thinks it is
A double negative equals a positive. Three rights equals one left. And vice versa.

placid wrote:If monkey comes along, true self cannot show up, because there is no room in here for two... there is only one now.
La souris est en dessous de la table. Le chat est sûr la chaise. Et le singe est sûr la branche!

placid wrote:Who is afraid?
Who are you? Who'll stop the rain? Who will save your soul? Who's sorry now? Who's behind the door?

placid wrote:Can action figures talk, does your barbie doll talk?
Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

placid wrote:playing with a memory is like shagging the dead
Shag carpets are the mullets of the rug world.

placid wrote:every thing ever spoken simply vanishes into nothingness
Don't speak...I know just what you're saying, so please stop explaining.

placid wrote:Don't be scared of a word, it can't harm you. Unless you believe it can.
"Bird is the word." — The Trashmen
"Grease is the word." — Franki Valli
Discuss these clearly disparate world views in the context of American culture. If both bird and grease are the word simultaneously, then discuss the validity of the simile, "Language is like a bucket of fried chicken."


Excellent, well that's one side of the story...can you now describe this whole one sided story without using concepts? that's the rub...

Image
Something clever should go here.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests