Miss-identified.

What you think about how you think.
placid
Frequent Poster

Re: Miss-identified.

Post by placid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:23 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't give her quantum theory. Her head will explode.

What am I saying?

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Quan ... nN0MnXFJGM

Read it, placid. READ IT ALL!

Know it all already..

:shock:
:P
:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knowledge is known.

That which is known is unknowable.

Read this Poodle, read it all.

“Knower, knowing and known is one”

https://www.academy-advaita.com/en/arti ... the_known/

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 am

OK - done. Much drier than quantum physics, and far less likely.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:38 am

Poodle wrote:OK - done. Much drier than quantum physics, and far less likely.

The proof is in the apricot pudding.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't give her quantum theory. Her head will explode.

What am I saying?
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Quan ... nN0MnXFJGM
Read it, placid. READ IT ALL!
Know it all already..
:shock:
:P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel like the fact that my WikiLoops always end up in quantum theory sort of proves quantum theory. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster

Post by SteveKlinko » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm

placid wrote:Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.

The form does not exist separate from the statue. The stone is the form, the form is the stone. The form may change, but the essence remains the same. The stone and the form, the unchanging and changing, are but two conceptual ends of One Awareness.

You are not the form, you are the Awareness of form which is and of itself formless. Identification with the form is what Mind does. Mind is nothing more then the mistaking of images on the screen of Awareness for reality. The Screen and the image projected are inseparably One. One is simply dreaming it is the form. Form is a finite experience of infinite potential here now experiencing the awareness of itself as and through form.

Awakened awareness (what is, absolute reality, God consciousness, atoms and sub-atomic particles, label, etc) energetically permeates everything, including the body-mind action figure, thereby enabling the body-mind action figure to sense and believe ''I am aware'' ''I am my name and form”, ''I have a life'' , ''I know failure and success'', ''I experience joy and sorrow'' , ''I am real, not imaginary'' ,

Such is the creation and transformation of individual body-mind into a conditioned personal identity...albeit illusory.

1 Is the Absolute
2 is Consciousness
3 is Space."

1 Is Dreamless sleep,
2 is the waking state,
3 is the dream state.

You've never not been here- there is only here. This is it.
What is the correct "I"?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:20 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
placid wrote:*b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b*!
What is the correct "I"?
There is no I in placid. :heh:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:18 pm

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Can Placid really be this stupid?
placid wrote: I don't exist
placid wrote: Words do not convey facts.
placid wrote:Why do u keep miss interpretating the point I'm making?
Dumb and dumber 3.jpg
Matt, you once asked me to explain what I am talking about, maybe put it down on paper as a verifiable theory that we can all agree on...so in this response to you, I will attempt to do just that, although lets be clear here, Non0duality is not a theory, because there is no such thing as Non-duality.

Your missing the point again. Do you want to learn something new, do you want to unlearn the old? if yes then ..Read on very carefully...

If no, then it's here for others to read.

Please understand, that when I use the concepts I or me or you or other or them or us...these are just reference points used to tell the story of no one communicating to no one ..these reference points are the dreamt characters no one is dreaming.

I know this all sounds daft to the conditioned mind...because the you that you believe yourself to be have never been taught Non0duality.. your culture is only interested in separation...the culture has put the idea into your head that you are a separate person among many other separate people, but that reality is just so far removed from what true real reality actually is...

There is no one feeling pain, there is only pain paining. The pain and the sensation of pain is the same one.

No one has a brain, there is only brain braining.

There is no one talking words, there is only talking. A sound and the hearing exist in the same instant, sound and heard are the same one. There is no one hearing, there is only hearing.

There is no I because there is no other than I ... the I is one.

There is nothing for a skeptic to refute, and no evidence that there is an entity existing, so nothing for a scientist to prove....there is no such thing as a scientist or a religious person existing, these are all imagined entities imagined by no one.

There is only irrefutable oneness here all alone one without a second, how do I know that ? ... I don't, for oneness is already self evident ...for there is no one to refute non-existence.

Calling people mentally ill is still no one calling people mentally ill...it's all meaningless sound coming from no where, and returning to now here listened only by oneness alone which is always this constant silent present...aka awareness.

The sound ''You are mentally ill'' or ''I am a religious person or a scientist'' comes and goes as noise, and does not actually exist as a real entity...all that exists is the silent witness ..silently looking on in complete detachment.

Mistaking the sound and the words to be YOU is error.. words are just the paint on the screen of awareness, it's like throwing paint against a blank surface, if the paint sticks the blank surface will think it's the paint, but just as the paint can be wiped away the blank screen surface always remains.

This is what Advaita teaches and it is irrefutable. Science have already acknowledged this fact.

The reason you get all uppity and hissy with this message Matt is because you believe you exist as a separate entity..but no separate entity is doing this, ...it's just the imagined character is believing itself to be the doer, when in truth it is already being done...Matt is looking at this message with the wrong I ... there are apparently two I's here...one is a phantom the other one is real.

Non-duality is a very hard concept to grasp when there is the belief in a separate character existing apart from the whole, only when the false illusion of a separate character falls away is the real self revealed, as I explained in the paint and screen analogy...true beingness is never not what thought thinks it is.

I'm going to start another thread soon explaining how and why oneness is truth and how it is irrefutable.

And I'm just going to confine myself to that thread only, I invite any one to come along and listen, but name calling will be totally ignored, name calling is just plain old frustration of not really understanding what's being discussed. Only an open heart will recognise their own knowledge of what's being said. Anyone can enter there true being but they have to leave the little monkey mind outside...otherwise they will obstruct understanding. If monkey comes along, true self cannot show up, because there is no room in here for two... there is only one now.

pain "paining"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

try to cut your hand off and see the 'pain' feeling pain instead of you
whoops, that won't happen

And according to Placid, reality should be this way, instead of you having a brain, a brain is having itself, a brain "braining" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

working-out-brain.png

what kinda {!#%@} fantasy do this woman lives? :lol: :lol:
each one of her phrases are absurd, it's like she has to close her eyes to reality and post whatever she feels like posting in forums and then close her eyes again, and ignore all the obvious truth countering her obvious absurd claims, each one of them, and I mean, since she started posting, all of her claims are absurd and completely and utterly false. It's not that she is wrong, she is not even wrong, she is far from being even wrong
I think she's mental. she gotta be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:paladin:

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:46 pm

I also have been folowing philosophyforum.org. as daramantus posted here another day, and I'm starting to think placid is not a woman but a man. This {!#%@} clown probably has another account called 'your construct' with similar stupid ideas "you are god" "you are one with everyone" "you are omniscient" "you are not the observer", and this one idiot, is a man
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:51 pm

placid wrote:Figuratively speaking...

Awakened awareness (what is, absolute reality, God consciousness, atoms and sub-atomic particles, label, label, label, etc, etc) energetically permeates everything, including the body-mind action figure, thereby enabling the body-mind action figure to sense and believe ''I am aware'' Such is the creation and transformation of individual body-mind into a conditioned personal identity.

And unconditioned awareness . . . neither validates nor invalidates the body-mind action figure’s story of ''me''. Only mind does that. This can be seen on a daily basis, individually and collectively.

The body is not aware, only awareness is aware. You are the awareness of body, not body.
I see.

your brain is like "braining"
your awareness is like "aware"
your pain is like "paining"

Hey honey, are you aware that you forgot your keys? "No, but my awareness was like, you know, aware of my keys, but, not me. so I forgot the keys"

what a f retard
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
...researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.

that's absolutely false. No such experiment is "affected" by ANY observers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfSm6o-KlQ

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm

mirror93 wrote: I'm starting to think placid is not a woman but a man.
Placid did say he was a shepherd on the Isle of Skye. I also think he was male.

However once Confidencia and Gustaave were both banned, Placid put on a brave face for a couple of days, posting gibberish and then left the forum. I think that will be the end of the non-duality spamming on the forum, for a while.

Apart from Gustaave, I'm pretty sure they were all connected through an Ashram in the north of England.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 am

A shepherd? With those horrible debilitating back problems? Hmmmmm! I'm not at all convinced Placid has ever been on Skye, let alone herding sheep there. The Winter Olympics are over now and there's no sign of her (I'm not convinced about it being male), so I think that was just another get-out tale, much like going to Norway, as the floor was being wiped with her at regular intervals again. I cannot say that possibility bothers me one iota.
Then again, if you take 'Baa' to mean yes, then there's a captive audience for her drivel.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:17 am

I must admit Placid calling him or herself a shepherd, may have been a Jesus reference, with us as the flock.

Somewhere in the Placid's early posts, he or she posted a photo of Christmas decoration, he or she had made. However I didn't see any hands to determine sex.

It does seem to me that all the non-dualism teachers or gurus are male, and Placid did think he or she was a guru.

Thankfully, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:50 pm

mirror93 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
...researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.
Sorry, but are you claiming that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle is BS? If so, your video doesn't support it; the narrator showed that even non-conscious devices "observing" the process changed the outcome. Or am I misunderstanding your post?

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Sorry, but are you claiming that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle is BS? If so, your video doesn't support it; the narrator showed that even non-conscious devices "observing" the process changed the outcome. Or am I misunderstanding your post?
I'm saying that consciousness IS NOT needed for any of the experiments. And it's a measurement device, < you dont need to add "non-conscious", it's just a machine making the measurement. Because saying "non-conscious" feels like this machine can be conscious but it's just "non-conscious" now. Like, a person who was conscious and is now "non-conscious".
What I'm saying is exactly that, at 2:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfSm6o-KlQ
"This lead us to the conclusion that there really isn't anything special about conscious observers in quantum mechanics."

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 pm

I don't think that there's any point of contention. The video makes it clear that the act of observation collapses the system. It doesn't matter if the observation is human or automatic - if something's looking at the event as it happens, it's one slit and one slit only. I thought that had always been understood. At least, I thought I thought that.
(In Placid's absence, let me make it clear that you are the particle and the particle is you within the Pleroma).

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 pm

placid wrote: That which is known is unknowable.
"If you know something, you can't know something." placid, that is just plain dumb.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Post by Nikki Nyx » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:43 pm

mirror93 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
I'm saying that consciousness IS NOT needed for any of the experiments.
I never said consciousness was needed. :blink: And how did "consciousness is not needed" lead you to , "No such experiment is 'affected' by ANY observers?" :blink: :blink: Because that can't be interpreted except as an argument against Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
mirror93 wrote:And it's a measurement device, < you dont need to add "non-conscious", it's just a machine making the measurement. Because saying "non-conscious" feels like this machine can be conscious but it's just "non-conscious" now. Like, a person who was conscious and is now "non-conscious".
I didn't claim or even imply that a measuring device has the potential for self-awareness. I merely used the term "non-conscious" to make the point that the act of observation itself is the factor affecting the outcome, that self-awareness is not a factor.
mirror93 wrote:What I'm saying is exactly that, at 2:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfSm6o-KlQ
"This lead us to the conclusion that there really isn't anything special about conscious observers in quantum mechanics."
Ok, but your original post didn't say that; it specifically said that NO observers affect the outcome. Clearly, they do, regardless of whether the observers possess self-awareness.

So, I have to say that this exchange baffles me. It seems as if we're in agreement that any act of observation affects the outcome, yes? So, I'm confused by why you initially said that observers do NOT affect the outcome. Also, I have no idea why you assumed I was referring solely to human observers, and was implying that machines have the potential for self-awareness when I never said either of those things. Or even implied them.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:42 pm

placid wrote:I don't exist
Relevant comic: http://assets.amuniversal.com/1faafcc0e ... 5056a9545d
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Gord wrote:
placid wrote:I don't exist
Relevant comic: http://assets.amuniversal.com/1faafcc0e ... 5056a9545d
there is no internet, no you vs me , no real placid, you don't exist separate from placid, we are all interconnected through the quantum placidness