Miss-identified.

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.


Image


The form does not exist separate from the statue. The stone is the form, the form is the stone. The form may change, but the essence remains the same. The stone and the form, the unchanging and changing, are but two conceptual ends of One Awareness.

You are not the form, you are the Awareness of form which is and of itself formless. Identification with the form is what Mind does. Mind is nothing more then the mistaking of images on the screen of Awareness for reality. The Screen and the image projected are inseparably One. One is simply dreaming it is the form. Form is a finite experience of infinite potential here now experiencing the awareness of itself as and through form.

Awakened awareness (what is, absolute reality, God consciousness, atoms and sub-atomic particles, label, etc) energetically permeates everything, including the body-mind action figure, thereby enabling the body-mind action figure to sense and believe ''I am aware'' ''I am my name and form”, ''I have a life'' , ''I know failure and success'', ''I experience joy and sorrow'' , ''I am real, not imaginary'' ,

Such is the creation and transformation of individual body-mind into a conditioned personal identity...albeit illusory.


1 Is the Absolute
2 is Consciousness
3 is Space."


1 Is Dreamless sleep,
2 is the waking state,
3 is the dream state.

You've never not been here- there is only here. This is it.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4745
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

there is no here or there or anywhere , there is no it, there is no you
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 pm

But ...

There were birds
In the sky
But I never heard them singing.
No, I never heard them at all
Till there was ...

Here, there and everywhere.
Here. there and evereeeeeewhe-ere-ere-ere ... ... ... man.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Even Amoeba have a sense of "I".
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 pm

placid wrote:Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.
Nope. Everyone is happy here. If there is no "I" then why did you log on, enter your password and make a post?

You can't answer that can you?
:lol:

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11099
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.
Nope. Everyone is happy here. If there is no "I" then why did you log on, enter your password and make a post?

You can't answer that can you?
:lol:


Boredom.

That was easy.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:39 am

ElectricMonk wrote:Even Amoeba have a sense of "I".


The senses that exist in any living organism are obviously there as part of the species evolution to survive.
If organisms didn't have these senses they would be devoid of the recording mechanisms that help them remember how to survive and reproduce. But I don't think Amoeba's have a sense that they are a separate entity apart from their environment, if they did they would have set up their own religions by now. That's how I define the sense of ''I'' anyway.

The sense of ''I'' in a human is a phantom. Consciousness is not human or any concept, it's prior to any concept about it, therefore it has no sense of other, aka ''I'' ..it just is, there is no other consciousness in consciousness.

Sorry this seems to be so hard for you guys to understand, but it's actually very simply really.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.
Nope. Everyone is happy here. If there is no "I" then why did you log on, enter your password and make a post?

You can't answer that can you?
:lol:


You could always ask Jeeves.

I understand your frustrations, yes, it really does feel like there is someone in there doesn't it?

Image
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 am

placid wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:Even Amoeba have a sense of "I".


The senses that exist in any living organism are obviously there as part of the species evolution to survive.
If organisms didn't have these senses they would be devoid of the recording mechanisms that help them remember how to survive and reproduce. But I don't think Amoeba's have a sense that they are a separate entity apart from their environment, if they did they would have set up their own religions by now. That's how I define the sense of ''I'' anyway.

The sense of ''I'' in a human is a phantom. Consciousness is not human or any concept, it's prior to any concept about it, therefore it has no sense of other, aka ''I'' ..it just is, there is no other consciousness in consciousness.

Sorry this seems to be so hard for you guys to understand, but it's actually very simply really.


An Amoeba has to be able to tell what is foreign and can therefore be digested - it knows what it is by sensing what it is not.
The principle applies to all organisms - it is just that certain psychoactive drugs and mental exercises can suppress this sense in beings with a high capacity for empathy.
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
An Amoeba has to be able to tell what is foreign and can therefore be digested - it knows what it is by sensing what it is not.


Agreed.

And that knowing is the same knowing in every sentient living organism, it's the same one awareness that permeates everything.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5283
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Monster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

gorgeous wrote:there is no here or there or anywhere , there is no it, there is no you

Ok.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21423
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 pm

placid wrote:And that knowing is the same knowing in every sentient living organism, it's the same one awareness that permeates everything.
Confidencia wrote: Photon, electrons and protons are conscious.


Soooooo.......placid? Do you agree with Confidencia, your fellow Advaita Vedanta cult follower?

Tell us how a photon "knows" the same as you do?
:lol:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby mirror93 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Where is Mr. Photon and his brain at? I've never seen anyone who is awake alive and conscious without a brain, have you? Who is Mr.Photon and Mr.Electron bro? Where they at? Are they partying now?
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby mirror93 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 am

placid wrote:Preoccupation with the wrong ''I'' is the cause of all your confusion and misery. Misery loves company. It's rife on this forum.


Image


The form does not exist separate from the statue. The stone is the form, the form is the stone. The form may change, but the essence remains the same. The stone and the form, the unchanging and changing, are but two conceptual ends of One Awareness.

You are not the form, you are the Awareness of form which is and of itself formless. Identification with the form is what Mind does. Mind is nothing more then the mistaking of images on the screen of Awareness for reality. The Screen and the image projected are inseparably One. One is simply dreaming it is the form. Form is a finite experience of infinite potential here now experiencing the awareness of itself as and through form.

Awakened awareness (what is, absolute reality, God consciousness, atoms and sub-atomic particles, label, etc) energetically permeates everything, including the body-mind action figure, thereby enabling the body-mind action figure to sense and believe ''I am aware'' ''I am my name and form”, ''I have a life'' , ''I know failure and success'', ''I experience joy and sorrow'' , ''I am real, not imaginary'' ,

Such is the creation and transformation of individual body-mind into a conditioned personal identity...albeit illusory.


1 Is the Absolute
2 is Consciousness
3 is Space."


1 Is Dreamless sleep,
2 is the waking state,
3 is the dream state.

You've never not been here- there is only here. This is it.


You're just repeating what other clowns have said before you, you're just repeating what Rupert Spira keeps repeating, what Mooji keeps repeating, and no one gives a {!#%@}. Can't you just face the fact that this is a cult? It is bro, it's actually liberating accepting what you believe is a religion with no basis in anything.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby mirror93 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 am

placid wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:Even Amoeba have a sense of "I".


The senses that exist in any living organism are obviously there as part of the species evolution to survive.
If organisms didn't have these senses they would be devoid of the recording mechanisms that help them remember how to survive and reproduce. But I don't think Amoeba's have a sense that they are a separate entity apart from their environment, if they did they would have set up their own religions by now. That's how I define the sense of ''I'' anyway.

The sense of ''I'' in a human is a phantom. Consciousness is not human or any concept, it's prior to any concept about it, therefore it has no sense of other, aka ''I'' ..it just is, there is no other consciousness in consciousness.

Sorry this seems to be so hard for you guys to understand, but it's actually very simply really.


Darwin evolution supports individuality 100%, if you think you are separated from your enviroment or not, doesn't {!#%@} matter, you are. So, if you think that Darwinian evolution supports your BS, give it up dude, it ain’t happening, this isn't lion king.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31172
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Misidentifying the word "misidentified"

Postby Gord » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:04 am

placid wrote:I understand your frustrations....

You obviously can't, as you are projecting your own sense of frustration onto someone else.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:And that knowing is the same knowing in every sentient living organism, it's the same one awareness that permeates everything.
Confidencia wrote: Photon, electrons and protons are conscious.


Soooooo.......placid? Do you agree with Confidencia, your fellow Advaita Vedanta cult follower?

Tell us how a photon "knows" the same as you do?
:lol:



There is no you because there is no other than you.

Knowing is not known by a ''someone'', you are the knowing that cannot be known.

This is only for open hearts to recognise, closed hearts need not apply.


You will never get this Matt because you are looking at this with the wrong I

Not many people get Non-duality, some people never get it. But it's not a problem really because not getting it is also it not getting it, the only way to get this is when you realise there is nothing to get.

Non-duality is not going to give you anything, it's the end of knowledge.

It's like death, and nobody seems to want to die.

In order to see the sky clearly, the cloud obscuring it has to be removed. The mind is like the cloud, obscuring the pristine pure awareness that you are.... metaphorically speaking.

I have no argument with you Matt...you are meaningless to me, I'm only a messenger of truth. Nothing you can say to me will intimidate me, I am confident in my own skin and I know exactly who I am and who I am not.

.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

mirror93 wrote:
You're just repeating what other clowns have said before you, you're just repeating what Rupert Spira keeps repeating, what Mooji keeps repeating, and no one gives a {!#%@}. Can't you just face the fact that this is a cult? It is bro, it's actually liberating accepting what you believe is a religion with no basis in anything.


The people you mention here have looked into the true nature of reality by their own unique direct perception.

I simply resonate with those people ..for I too have done same, I'm not copying what they are saying... resonating is silent knowing, it is recognition of what you already know to be true.


How can experiencing a direct perception into the nature of being, and finding no thing is actually being a member of this ''being club'' that you seem to think of as being a cult? .. one has to be a member of something that actually exists to be in a cult, so cult is not applicable in this case. You really are a confused one aren't you?

Non-dual perception is the recognition that you do not have to show up to your own show, and that there is no one to be a member...to be a member of life is to imply a separate entity, and so far I have never found one of those have you? When do I begin and you end? where does my lap go when I stand up?

Also, aren't you just repeating everything other people have said as well? ...you did this while you were growing up, you had no knowledge of your own as a baby, everything you know has come from your parents, and then from your school teachers, and mostly from text books that other people have written.


There's not one single piece of knowledge that is original because it's all fictional, made up by no one.

You have never seen your original face, only a copy...so stop acting like a real dumb ass and think for yourself.
Something clever should go here.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm

mirror93 wrote:You're just repeating what other clowns have said before you,
placid wrote:The people you mention here have looked into the true nature of reality by their own unique direct perception.
Well then start quoting those clowns you follow in a systematic manner to describe your religious framework. You yourself are just posting gibberish.


mirror93 wrote:There's not one single piece of knowledge that is original because it's all fictional, made up by no one.
Here are the new atoms created for the first time by humans to further knowledge.

Technetium (Atomic Number 43)
Promethium (Atomic Number 61)
Neptunium & Plutonium (Atomic Numbers 93 and 94)
Fermium (Atomic Number 100)
Americium (Atomic Number 95)
Californium (Atomic Number 98)
Seaborgium (Atomic Number 106)


This is why you, Placid, are a religious legacy, "a cavemen", stuck in the stone age, with no chance to ever develop.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 10511
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:25 am

For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Here are the new atoms created for the first time by humans to further knowledge.[/color]

Technetium (Atomic Number 43)
Promethium (Atomic Number 61)
Neptunium & Plutonium (Atomic Numbers 93 and 94)
Fermium (Atomic Number 100)
Americium (Atomic Number 95)
Californium (Atomic Number 98)
Seaborgium (Atomic Number 106)




If something can be imagined it must already exist.

You're missing the point as usual Matt. It seems you do not appear to understand the concept ''Concept''

But no matter, the penny will drop eventually, or in your case never.

To point this out to you again...your hand already existed before you called it a hand.

When you look at your hand, are you looking at the hand or is the hand looking at you?
Something clever should go here.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 am

Another complete failure by Placid
placid wrote: If something can be imagined it must already exist.
So you are now claiming Godzilla, Dracula and Frankenstein's monster are all real monsters, because a writer imagined them.

Are you really that stupid?
:lol:

placid wrote: To point this out to you again...your hand already existed before you called it a hand.
...and Godzilla, Dracula and Frankenstein's monster did not.
Dumb and dumber.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:10 am

mirror93 wrote:You're just repeating what other clowns have said before you,
placid wrote:I simply resonate with those people .


Finally, you say something that makes sense. :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:38 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
mirror93 wrote:You're just repeating what other clowns have said before you,
placid wrote:I simply resonate with those people .


Finally, you say something that makes sense. :lol:


Don't try to make sense.

The Self cannot happen twice.

Image
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Another complete failure by Placid
placid wrote: If something can be imagined it must already exist.
So you are now claiming Godzilla, Dracula and Frankenstein's monster are all real monsters, because a writer imagined them.

Are you really that stupid?
:lol:

placid wrote: To point this out to you again...your hand already existed before you called it a hand.
...and Godzilla, Dracula and Frankenstein's monster did not.
Dumb and dumber.jpg


No person has ever seen real...it is a concept.

Every thing is a concept.

The real is non-conceptual appearing as this con-ception.

You still don't get it do you.

Where does the concept ''real'' come from ..it comes from the mind that has never been seen, where is the evidence for that which has never been seen?

Where is the seer, where is the knower, where is the thinker?

Show me where, show me the evidence?
Something clever should go here.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 am

placid wrote: Adolf Hitler executing the Jews was an act of love
placid wrote:You still don't get it do you.
No I don't. Tell us how Hitler executing 6 million Jews was an act of love?

Do so using scientific terms as this is a science forum.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 am

placid wrote:Every thing is a concept.
Pour petrol over yourself and set fire to yourself.

Then tell us how your pain is only conceptual.
:lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Every thing is a concept.
Pour petrol over yourself and set fire to yourself.

Then tell us how your pain is only conceptual.
:lol:


Well for a start it wouldn't be my pain ...if I was the creator of pain, I would also be able to uncreate it, not make it happen in the first place....but good try Matt, what else have you got to refute the separate self?

It's funny how we reject the pain bits but do not reject the pleasure of orgasms...if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen...stop having sex and making babies...stop adding more fuel to the fire of suffering by creating more in the form of a sentient creature with sense organs.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:22 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: Adolf Hitler executing the Jews was an act of love
placid wrote:You still don't get it do you.
No I don't. Tell us how Hitler executing 6 million Jews was an act of love?

Do so using scientific terms as this is a science forum.


Free will.

Here, there is only unconditional love...all allowing ...all one....this all allowing includes destroying itself or building itself, hating itself or loving itself. A dream story here to day gone tomorrow...While you the awareness of every dream story looks on in complete detachment.

Your constant obsession with the dead is your suffering today, you are stuck in a groove of your own making, you need to forgive yourself now else the groove will get wider and wider and engulf you completely until you grow so bitter you have nothing left to give yourself but pure hatred. Awareness never suffered the ways of the mind, abide in awareness and get out of your rut or stay, free will will help you decide what to do..no thing is making negative thoughts appear in you.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31172
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Misidentifying the word "misidentified"

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 am

placid wrote:...if I was the creator of pain, I would also be able to uncreate it, not make it happen in the first place....

Uhhhhh...whut?

If you were the creator of a scrambled egg, you wouldn't be able to uncreate it, only to make it in the first place. In fact, a great many things that you can create cannot be uncreate. For instance, you could create a new concept in mobile phone technology. You could not, however, uncreate it.

(That's assuming, of course, that the meaning of "uncreate" follows from the context in which you've used it and is not taken from an authority who pre-existed your misuse of the term such as a {!#%@} dictionary.)
Last edited by Gord on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31172
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Misidentifying the word "misidentified"

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:11 am

placid wrote:
Do so using scientific terms as this is a science forum.

Free will.

:roll:

What do you believe the scientific definition is for free will?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Misidentifying the interpretation of the word''Miss-identified"

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:48 am

placid wrote:
Life is happening right now in real time one without a second, no person is doing any thing....life is one unitary movement, and like I've already said, life / reality is not happening twice.


No one is making life happen.

If there was they would be able to make it stop happening.

The one that apparently appears to be aware of itself is a phantom.

There is only awareness that can be aware of itself. For without awareness there is


NOUGHT.

ZERO

NOTHING

Awareness has to be constant, because nothingness cannot be an experience.
Last edited by placid on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Ah. I see you've never kept a dog as a pet. Or a cat. Or a rabbit. Or a mouse or rat or gerbil. Or a horse. Or a parrot. I wouldn'y expect anyone to keep a pet octopus, but they'd qualify too.
You're just makin' stuff up as you go along, aren't you?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Poodle wrote:You're just makin' stuff up as you go along, aren't you?


Yes, where else can I make this stuff up?

I mean where else do I happen?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Poodle wrote:Ah. I see you've never kept a dog as a pet. Or a cat. Or a rabbit. Or a mouse or rat or gerbil. Or a horse. Or a parrot. I wouldn'y expect anyone to keep a pet octopus, but they'd qualify too.


I've never heard an animal cry out the words '' why is this happening to me'' have you?

They cry out in pain of course that is a normal responsive action.

Why do u keep miss interpretating the point I'm making?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Gord wrote:
placid wrote:
...if I was the creator of pain, I would also be able to uncreate it, not make it happen in the first place....

Uhhhhh...whut?

If you were the creator of a scrambled egg, you wouldn't be able to uncreate it, only to make it in the first place. In fact, a great many things that you can create cannot be uncreate. For instance, you could create a new concept in mobile phone technology. You could not, however, uncreate it.

(That's assuming, of course, that the meaning of "uncreate" follows from the context in which you've used it and is not taken from an authority who pre-existed your misuse of the term such as a {!#%@} dictionary.)



There is no creator...a creator is a mental concept. ..imagined.

No thing has created everything, ..no thing and everything is the same one...aka the mind.

The mind is the uncreated creator, the sourceless source, the causeless cause.





It's really that simple, perhaps too simple.

Life is not personal, although personal does arise in it, as a concept, an idea, concepts are not real.

The only real is the non-conceptual...try finding the real without using a concept? and there you'll have your real.

There's just sensation happening to no thing.

If there is the insistent belief that pain is happening to a person then that is still no-thing believing there is a person to whom pain is happening.

Life is happening right now in real time one without a second, no person is doing any thing....life is one unitary movement, and like I've already said, life / reality is not happening twice.

Only in the human consciousness is there a sense of a separate ''me''

No other animal has this sense of ''otherness'' as far as I know...if an animals did have individual sense of beings..they would be setting up their own animal hospitals, so with animals there is the sense of pain until it's gone, but the animal never moans blue murder saying why is this happening to ''me'' does it?
Something clever should go here.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Misidentifying the interpretation of the word''Miss-identified"

Postby placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

placid wrote:
placid wrote:
Life is happening right now in real time one without a second, no person is doing any thing....life is one unitary movement, and like I've already said, life / reality is not happening twice.


No one is making life happen.

If there was they would be able to make it stop happening.

The one that apparently appears to be aware of itself is a phantom.

There is only awareness that can be aware of itself. For without awareness there is


NOUGHT.

ZERO

NOTHING

Awareness has to be constant, because nothingness cannot be an experience.


The fact that you cannot stop life happening is proof no one is making it happen.

Simple isn't it.
Something clever should go here.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm

placid wrote:Every thing is a concept.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Pour petrol over yourself and set fire to yourself. Then tell us how your pain is only conceptual. :lol:
placid wrote:Well for a start it wouldn't be my pain ...
Do the experiment. We will enjoy watching you scream "Help me" so we can yell back "You said you don't exist!"
Placid marshmellow.jpg



placid wrote:Yep, I'll do that then because I really do get off on shagging dead things
placid wrote:It's funny how we reject the pain bits but do not reject the pleasure of orgasms.
placid wrote: I don't want to have any friends
Are you still hanging around the Isle of Skye mortuary at night?

placid wrote: Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love
.....did you want to join in with Hitler shagging dead Jews? Don't you think you might just be mentally ill?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28143
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Miss-identified.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:05 am

Can Placid really be this stupid?
placid wrote: I don't exist
placid wrote: Words do not convey facts.
placid wrote:Why do u keep miss interpretating the point I'm making?


Dumb and dumber 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest