Are You in The Universe?

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Are You in The Universe?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:52 pm

according to deepak our real self is the "cosmic self" and it's the universe

" the body-mind and the universe co-emerge and co-subside
-chopra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigJDfHUI2U
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:16 pm

mirror93 wrote:according to deepak our real self is the "cosmic self" and it's the universe.

Good. Go post on a Deepak Chopra forum and stop spamming his crap on our forum.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

ok so You are in the universe, I thought so

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:08 pm

mirror93 wrote:ok so You are in the universe, I thought so


Yes. My body emits sound waves, reflects light waves, radiates heat and moves physical objects. These activities all take place in the universe. So what?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Aztexan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:31 am

The I of the universe looks outward for answers,
Inward for questions and forward for adventure,
Backward for guidance
The eye of the universe watches us with apathy and indifference, defiantly uninterested, and violently awaiting its chance to eat us and forget about us
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30685
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 am

Emotional intelligence constructs total knowledge.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1086
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Cadmusteeth » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:59 pm

We're a small piece within the universe. Though we're as separate from it as the bacteria living on our skin are separate from us.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Aztexan wrote:The I of the universe looks outward for answers,
Inward for questions and forward for adventure,
Backward for guidance
The eye of the universe watches us with apathy and indifference, defiantly uninterested, and violently awaiting its chance to eat us and forget about us


what do you mean by that? and what is the I of the universe?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Gord wrote:Emotional intelligence constructs total knowledge.


"Innocence is the wisdom of an expression of self-knowledge"

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:We're a small piece within the universe. Though we're as separate from it as the bacteria living on our skin are separate from us.


that's true {!#%@}. i hate deepak, i just wanted to read some skeptic thoughts

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Aztexan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

mirror93 wrote:
Aztexan wrote:The I of the universe looks outward for answers,
Inward for questions and forward for adventure,
Backward for guidance
The eye of the universe watches us with apathy and indifference, defiantly uninterested, and violently awaiting its chance to eat us and forget about us


what do you mean by that? and what is the I of the universe?


Exactly
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Are You in The Universe or Are Your Real Self The Universe?

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:56 am

... our real self is the "cosmic self" and it's the universe ...


Unlike more conventional religions, this crap is not even wrong.

What does this even mean?
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests