Wikiquote

What you think about how you think.
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Wikiquote

Postby Lausten » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:05 pm

Almost stopped there for a moment, but looks like they'll go on. Here is my tribute thread to placid:

placid wrote:Re-acting is re enacting that which has already happened. Re-present.
Re-membering is knowing what is already known. You are already a member of the club.

We imagine the reflection we see is real, without realising only the seeing is real. The image in the mirror is inseparable from the mirror, they are one. A reflection does not see, it is the seen.

All possible realities exist together right now sharing the same space which is really space-less consciousness.

The Brain is a physical/ conceptual reflection of the non-physical mind.
Can you eat your mind? who observes?

There are two of you - 1% of you is Matter and the other you is 99% Consciousness. The 1% is the vital component needed for Consciousness to experience itself as you, this is how the one appears as two.

The painter is not in the picture, the picture is in the painter.

If you must identify with the story instead of where that story comes from - then you will be lost in the dream of separation and will suffer as you are doing now having to constantly defend your position. All possible realities exist now and only now in the only place there is which is consciousness which does not have a position.

The only place Adolf Hitler exists is in your mind.
To be continually angst by this mental projection your mind is wounded - lose it or use it - but never let it use you.

A Reflection of the Unseen... you cannot see yourself directly, if you could you would disappear, as you do not exist separately. An ice cube in a glass of water appears to live a separate existence apart from the water, but on merging with the water it slowly evaporates until it totally disappears.

Don't listen to my words, rather see what they are pointing at.....to see the logos is inherent within all of us.

There's only the way - which ever way it want's to weigh itself.
Balance is the key.

I don't follow, I'm am a shepherd.

Christ mind is designed to ensure oneness between Spirit and matter, which can happen only when matter outpictures the blueprint designed by Spirit—the blueprint that is stored in the universal Christ mind.

The Self can only point to aspects of itself, but never directly to itself.

There is no such thing as solipsism, except as a concept/idea.

Looking inward is another way of looking back at ourself. Coming face to face with the faceless.

I tried to take a photo of myself in the mirror once but the camera got in the way.
Substance is the object of my desire, the material tangible in the form of man. The desire is intangible formless immaterial - it's all smoke and mirrors.

I am a troll and I live in a hole.
I am a whole and I live everywhere and nowhere.....oh, that didn't rhyme

The 'I' you refer to is an experience, You are not the experience, you are the experiencing of the experience as and through the body mind computer, which is the vehicle for the one to express itself. There are many computer body mind thingy's,] .... but there is only one programmer.
You're the progammer not the programme. Doubt you'll understand what I mean, but never mind, it's all good in the hood.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

placid
Frequent Poster

Re: Wikiquote

Postby placid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 pm

You are consciousness having an experience of human. You think you are human but you are not, you are the experience. You cannot see consciousness or an experience, you can only see the material body which you mistake for yourself...it is not you. The you that you think you are has never been born.
Last edited by placid on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something clever should go here.

placid
Frequent Poster

Postby placid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:00 pm

A skeptic is a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.

Best that you are is not a person but an ego .... Big (and small) egos are there because there is the doubt that one is or isn't 'It'...

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:04 pm

The problem with Minifigures is that they're semi-literate.

placid
Frequent Poster

Postby placid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Poodle wrote:The problem with Minifigures is that they're semi-literate.

I wonder who wrote the story of I ....... I wonder who reads it?

Any I dea?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:50 am

Poodle wrote:The problem with Minifigures is that they're semi-literate.

They're no semi-literate than he is.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:06 am

placid wrote:You are consciousness having an experience of human. You think you are human but you are not, you are the experience. You cannot see consciousness or an experience, you can only see the material body which you mistake for yourself...it is not you. The you that you think you are has never been born.

you're the one experiencing and no one ever mistake themselves for their bodies, we have bodies.
93 (Quatrevingt-treize), a novel concerning the French Revolution by Victor Hugo

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:35 am

mirror93 wrote:no one ever mistake themselves for their bodies, we have bodies.

Whut? :| I am definitely my body. Wherever it goes, there I am! We're inseperable at worst, synonymous at best.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Gord wrote:

Whut? :| I am definitely my body. Wherever it goes, there I am! We're inseperable at worst, synonymous at best.

Inseperable doesn't mean you are it. Are you your legs? your stomach? your feet? No, you have a feet, if you lose your legs you won't lose yourself or die. That's what I mean by having a body, you're inseparable from it tho. You are a result of your dna, you are a result of your brain, just like your consciousness and awareness
93 (Quatrevingt-treize), a novel concerning the French Revolution by Victor Hugo

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:31 am

mirror93 wrote:
Gord wrote:

Inseperable doesn't mean you are it.

I know, that's why I said "inseperable at worst". (Technically, I mean "inseparable", but my spellchecker didn't catch it!)

Are you your legs?

My legs are part of me, yes.

your stomach?

Also yes.

your feet?

Still yes.

No, you have a feet, if you lose your legs you won't lose yourself or die. That's what I mean by having a body, you're inseparable from it tho. You are a result of your dna, you are a result of your brain, just like your consciousness and awareness

I think we're mistaking parts of the whole for the whole, here. Is my tire my car? It's part of my car, yes. If you shoot my tire, I'm justified in yelling at your for shooting my car.

How far shall we try segmenting ourselves before we can agree which parts of us are "us" and which parts of us aren't "us"? Can we reduce it to the molecular level? I don't think so.

The question of personal identity is an interesting and complicated one. I've linked to videos on the subject before. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFCMK4i2lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqDnLNRuSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17WiQ_tNld4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxM9BZeRrUI
#ANDAMOVIE

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Gord wrote:My legs are part of me, yes.

yes, just like your stomach and your feet

Gord wrote:How far shall we try segmenting ourselves before we can agree which parts of us are "us" and which parts of us aren't "us"?

Exactly in your brain, If I shoot in the middle of your brain, you die, if I shoot your legs you won't, if you remove your stomach you can keep alive, if I shoot your heart, you die, because your heart supplies your brain.
That's your consciousness.......regarding identity, that's subjective to the person.... as Sam Harris says, your self/persona could be seen as an illusion, but you cannot discard your consciousness, you are your 'mind', your consciousness is you, and consciousness = brain

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 am

Let's correct Placid

placid wrote:

The reflection Placid see is real. Who Placid see is no one.

no possible moments exist. Space is empty, consciousness exists is in Placid's brain

The Brain is physical.
The one who observes is the one who has a mind.

There are one of you - your body is Matter and you have your consciousness. There is no vital component for anything or for your consciousness.

The picture the painter pictured is NOT one with itself

no possible moments exist without a person who lives it.

The place where Adolf Hitler existED was in Germany.

You can see yourself directly, just look at the mirror. As you do exist separately from the mirror.

Don't listen to my words, rather see what they are pointing at.....to see the BS inherent within Placid.

Placid mind is designed to BS oneness between BS and BS, which can happen only when placid babble outpictures the blueprint designed by Placid—the blueprint that is stored in her mind.

Placid can only point to aspects of his BS, but never directly know his BS.

There is such thing as solipsism, Placid loves it.

Placid is a troll and I live in a hole.
Placid is a troll and lives in Europe somewhere, 24/7 trolling on forums.....

The 'Placid' you refer to is a person, Placid is the person of the persona as and through her mind, which is the vehicle for Placid to express her BS. There are many minds out there, whose minds are Placid-like.... but there is only one Placid. Placid is the BS not the BS. Doubt you'll understand what I mean, but never mind, it's all good in the hood.
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am

mirror93 wrote:
Gord wrote:My legs are part of me, yes.

yes, just like your stomach and your feet

Gord wrote:How far shall we try segmenting ourselves before we can agree which parts of us are "us" and which parts of us aren't "us"?

Exactly in your brain, If I shoot in the middle of your brain, you die, if I shoot your legs you won't, if you remove your stomach you can keep alive, if I shoot your heart, you die, because your heart supplies your brain.
That's your consciousness.......regarding identity, that's subjective to the person.... as Sam Harris says, your self/persona could be seen as an illusion, but you cannot discard your consciousness, you are your 'mind', your consciousness is you, and consciousness = brain

You can keep a body alive even after the brain is dead. Does that mean the body is the person, but not the brain?

Or are you suggesting that only what is conscious is considered a person?

I'm willing to bet that either one of those will lead to problems.
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”