Trump is the Antichrist

God, the FSM, and everything else.
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Trump is the Antichrist

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:02 am

Now, please keep this discussion on point and treat it with all the seriousness True BelieversTM would.

There is a MOUNTAIN of indications that Trump is the Antichrist:

- his lineage is from Germany when it was still part of the Holy Roman Empire
- he is clearly leading Christians astray with his sinful ways and support for un-christian policies
- his (((JEWISH))) son-in-law bought the 666 Building on 5th.
- said son-in-law is almost done brokering a peace between Palestine and Israel, something only the Antichrist would be able to do

please help me collect more evidence in this thread. Google is your friend in this.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Trump is the Antichrist

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:54 am

There's evidence that Trump was born of a jackal: https://medium.com/@MattBors/election-f ... 44087a93b0
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am

It has been said that Trump was hatched, not born. Quite a rant here.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 am

TJrandom wrote:It has been said that Trump was hatched, not born. Quite a rant here.

Sweet merciful crap! :falloff:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:24 pm

He eats Pizza with a fork.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:14 pm

trump is the result of a Golgothan with diarrhea
trump is Putin's bitch

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 pm

TJrandom wrote:It has been said that Trump was hatched, not born. Quite a rant here.

I think he should stop beating about the bush and say what he really thinks :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 pm

The counterfactual is interesting. Just at what Trump has actually "done". Imagine if he actually was a salesman and had a smooth pitch?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm

CNN claims that in recent months, Trump has increased his utterance of outright lies to 9 per day on average. There was a time once when lying was considered to be a bad thing in a president. What has happened to the USA?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:49 pm

This is the USA with the mask off.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Pyrrho wrote:This is the USA with the mask off.

But the dollar signs are still on the money sacks, right? Right?? I mean, we can't lose the dollar signs!
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:03 am

You know, if you reshape the crucifix, you make it into a dollar sign. I think the American christian already has.
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:CNN claims that in recent months, Trump has increased his utterance of outright lies to 9 per day on average. There was a time once when lying was considered to be a bad thing in a president. What has happened to the USA?

Morning Joe showed a tweet of Trump saying he was for X, then 6 hours later a tweet saying he was never for X. ........and the comment was: he didn't even delete the first tweet.

Thats what happens when you are habituated to your own psychosis.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:51 pm

bobbo is right, the Anti-pChrist has held one position for two thousand years while the Donald can't hold one for twenty-four hours.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:12 pm

busterggi! You're alive!

:wave:
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Aztexan wrote:You know, if you reshape the crucifix, you make it into a dollar sign. I think the American christian already has.

It's probably just a mistranslation of the original: Now it's "The love of money will rout all evil.".
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 am

"Antichrist" is a plural term.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:21 am

Pyrrho wrote:"Antichrist" is a plural term.

That's "Antichrits".
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:42 am

Please show your work
trump is Putin's bitch

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:20 am

The "s" makes it plural. See Rule 2a: https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:50 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Now, please keep this discussion on point and treat it with all the seriousness True BelieversTM would.

There is a MOUNTAIN of indications that Trump is the Antichrist:

- his lineage is from Germany when it was still part of the Holy Roman Empire
- he is clearly leading Christians astray with his sinful ways and support for un-christian policies
- his (((JEWISH))) son-in-law bought the 666 Building on 5th.
- said son-in-law is almost done brokering a peace between Palestine and Israel, something only the Antichrist would be able to do

please help me collect more evidence in this thread. Google is your friend in this.

Well, he has made agreements with Israel, just as AC is supposed to do. The crazies who believe this theory think that it's a seven-year treaty and that AC will abrogate it after 42 months. Stay tuned. (On the other hand, according to the dominant authority, Jack Van Impe, that treaty is supposed to be initiated just at the time of the Rapture. Since so many end-timers are still around, we'll have to wait and see if Trump actually signs such a mutual defense treaty with Israel. Meanwhile, as Van Impe has been saying for 60 years, that Rapture is just around the corner. Any day now...)
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:He eats Pizza with a fork.

----well that proves it...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm

I love that guy! He called Obama a long legged mac daddy, among other things. I posted this video in a pro-Trump group on fb. I'll see what ensues. :)
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:54 pm

In fact, the term antichrist itself occurs only five times in the whole Bible, in the following four verses. And the very clear language of these verses shows that this term applies to anybody who denies that Jesus was the Messiah. That’s not much to go on, since it embraces all Jews, all Muslims, and all modern secularists.

I John 2:18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

I John 2:22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

I John 4:3. And every spirit that confesseth not the Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

II John 1:7. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Before I continue this post, I’d like to say how sorry I am to find that these books are the source of this degraded superstition. If you overlook the theological baggage, the first of these epistles is rich in sublime sentiment that moves me deeply. For example:

I John 1:9—11. He that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

I John 1:15—16. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

I John 4:20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother, whom he hath seen, how can he love God, whom he hath not seen?

OK, let us now continue, acknowledging that a lot of these fundies disagree with the writer and claim they have seen God. (And therefore have the right to hate other people.) In my experience, none are so eager to embrace shallow, superficial, and insane theories as those who loudly assert that they believe in the literal meaning of the Bible. As the passages above indicate, billions of people now fit the literal, biblical definition of the antichrist. And still these fools look for a single individual who will be the Antichrist. This kind of double-think is not new. It started back with the bloody-minded, appalling St. John Chrysostom (“Goldenmouth”), who assured his readers that St. Paul had this “Antichrist” in mind when he wrote about the Wicked One to the church in Thessaly:

II Thessalonians 2: 8—12. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish: because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

From this long stretch, there's a straight path to the Fully developed characterization of this imaginary person.

From that source: Antichrist will have

Charisma

The Antichrist will sway many people to his side. This fact is undeniable based on the descriptions of the Antichrist throughout the Bible. He will be admired, and the odds are good he will be a smooth talker who will win people over through his ability to speak “great things.” Those who follow the Antichrist will become zealous and follow him unquestioningly. They will revile and persecute those who are leery of the Antichrist or disavow him. In this regard, many believe the Antichrist will be similar to Adolf Hitler.

Cleverness

The Antichrist will also be clever. Daniel 11 describes the Antichrist as taking control through “intrigue,” and Daniel 8 says he will be a “master of deception.” This supports the idea of the Antichrist as something akin to a charming, clever psychopath. That calculating cleverness will help bring the Antichrist to global prominence in multiple ways.

One of those ways is as a military tactician. Verses in both the book of Revelation and the book of Daniel describe the Antichrist as being a powerful military leader, an unrivaled military genius in his time who will develop a tendency to attack when his victims feel secure.

Another is the Antichrist’s ability to avoid what people would see as scandalous behavior. It is said that he will not “regard…the desire of women,” thus avoiding the common scandal of an affair. Revelation also says that the Antichrist will be given the authority to “make war.” His actions, violent as they will be, will be supported by not just zealous followers, but by what the average person will recognize as legitimate authority.

Conqueror

The Antichrist will have the cunning to be a successful military leader. Revelation and Daniel both describe the Antichrist’s military prowess, but there is a difference between being a talented tactician and being a conqueror. The Antichrist is undoubtedly the latter.

Revelation 6:2 says that the Antichrist will go “forth conquering, and to conquer.” He will take over lands that did not belong to his people and hold them. His conquests will likely take place at least partly in the Middle East. The theory of the Antichrist’s involvement in the Middle East is common, especially the notion that part of his strategy will be to make peace with Israel before attacking the Jewish people.

The Antichrist’s conquests will also be seen as legitimate. Revelation 13 says that the Antichrist will be “permitted to wage war on God’s holy people” and “given [power]… to extend his authority over every tribe and people.” Revelation 13 also states bluntly that the Antichrist will succeed in conquering God’s people, at least for a time.

Economic Control

As well as gaining military control over much of the world, the Antichrist will gain economic control. In Revelation 13, the infamous number of the Beast is discussed, and it is related to the Antichrist’s control of the economy. According to the Scriptures, the Antichrist will compel all people to be “marked with an inscription” on their hands or foreheads. Only those will this mark will be allowed to “buy or sell.”

Whether the Antichrist will use force or charisma to compel people to accept his mark is not stated. It could, however, be born of simple practicality. People may be presented with the choice of refusing to take this mark or losing their chance to participate in any sort of buying or selling. The Antichrist’s charisma and cunning would allow him to make this seem like a reasonable requirement of trade. With society accepting this new regulation, even those who disagree with the Antichrist oblige and take the mark so that they can feed their families.

Well, it's hard to see Trump as a charismatic, clever conqueror with economic control, but for his faithful adherents, he is charismatic and clever, the formidable American armed forces may make him appear to be a conqueror, and his sycophantic supporters in the GOP may indeed give him economic control. We must wait and see...
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:18 pm

The bizarre thing is that Evangelicals are fully aware that Trump might be Savior or Satan - and either would work for them.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Let’s not leave this topic without consulting the world’s leading expert on the Antichrist, the Rev. Jack Van Impe, who has been writing about him for some 60 years now. Here’s what he wrote in Signs of the Times (1977) concerning the “Wicked” about whom St. Paul wrote in the second letter to the Thessalonians. He quotes it, carefully leaving the word Antichrist out of the direct quotation:

Jack Van Impe wrote: The Bible predicts such an hour in II Thessalonians 2:4, when the Antichrist “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped…sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” This internationally deified dictator will inaugurate a world peace program which holds the world spellbound for 42 months, or 3-1/2 years. Then, in the middle of the seven-year period of Tribulation, he breaks all of his pledges and destroys his contractual obligations with Israel (Daniel 9:27). At this time, Russia begins a world war as she invades Israel (Ezekiel 38). This war involves all nations (Zechariah 14).

What’s that, you say? Ezekiel was long-dead before there was any nation that could be called Russia. Well, that shows how little you know. Ezekiel 38: 1—6 reads, “And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him. And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.”
Well, there’s the proof! Who could doubt that Meshech is Moscow and Tubal is Tula? Meshech couldn’t be the same name as the Meshach who appears in Chapter 8 of Daniel, could it? Nope, must be Moscow.
And you don’t want to argue geography with Van Impe. He knows it all. For example, in his 1996 book 2001: On the Edge of Eternity, p. 119, he writes the following:

Jack Van Impe wrote: [Tension between Turkey and Europe] sets up the prophetic fulfillment of a last-days coalition of northern powers, including Togarmah (Turkey), that will invade Israel...

On p. 178 of the same book, he writes the following:

Jack Van Impe wrote: The name Tarshish is found twenty times in the Bible and always refers to the land farthest west of Israel…I believe Tarshish refers to Britain…

Again, on p. 39,he insists the Bible refers to China in Revelation 9:16—18.
What Van Impe can find in the Bible will amaze you. From the same book, p. 119, “…Jesus prophesied that the space age would signal his return to earth.” (I can’t find any mention of the space shuttle or the international space station anywhere in the Gospels. I must not have looked carefully enough.)

Although he’s usually canny enough not to make any specific predictions---his favorite technique is to cite a current event alongside a Bible verse and then pose a rhetorical question, asking if the event “could be” a fulfillment of the Bible verse. Once in a while, though, he slips and ventures to make a definite prediction. Here, for example, writing in the same book (in 1996), he says, (pp. 145—147), he says:

Jack Van Impe wrote:As we move closer to the year 2000, we discover that the United States will assuredly be forced to use its remaining gold to buy back Eurodollars and Petrodollars. When the last of this gold has been used to prop up these dollars, the day of the dollar will be finished… If the Lord Jesus Christ tarries, I believe we will see such hyperinflation sweep our nation and the world within the next ten years.

Jack, I’m sure thinks of himself as a Biblical literalist. The trouble is, as he shows clearly, he doesn’t know what the word literal means. Here, from the same work, pp. 12—13:

Jack Van Impe wrote:In Ezekiel chapter 37, we read the well-known story about the prophet’s vision in the valley of the dry bones… “Oh, that’s just figurative language and a parable,” some will say. “Impossible! That’s not a real future event. Only symbolic,” other commentators will insist.

But I say, “No, No, No! It cannot be symbolic, because in the same chapter, verse 11, God gives the precise interpretation of the story. His Word says, “Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.”

Now, if Van Impe stopped there, we might allow the rather unlikely interpretation that these bones truly are the literal bones of deceased members of the House of Israel. But old Jack didn’t know when he was well off. He continued:

Jack Van Impe wrote: What is literally supposed to happen to these bones? They are destined to come back from the nations and return to their own land. This is not figurative language. It is not a parable. It is literal and, in fact, it has already happened….It happened on May 17, 1948 when the new Israel ran up a six-pointed star of David on a flagpole in Jerusalem.

I’m sure we all remember the headlines on that day, when the bones of deceased Israelis literally came back to life. Because this was a literal prediction. Those bones were not symbols for anything.

Well, at least I remember the old spiritual about the foot bone connected to the ankle bone, etc. If these bones are not symbolic of the House of Israel, we can say they were symbolic of the US Congress, as reported in the musical Li’l Abner:

“They sits around in this place they got,
This big congressional parking lot.
Just sits around on their you-know-what.
Up there, they calls ‘em their thigh bones.
Them bones, them bones gonna rise again,
Gonna exercise the franchise again,
Gonna tax us up to our eyes again,
When they gets ‘em off’n their thigh bones.”

Sometime, when I can get enough of his books in their original printing, so I can be sure he hasn’t removed all the howlers from them for later printings, I mean to write a detailed study of Van Impe. There is something fascinating about a man so deluded and yet so sure of himself.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:25 am

Well, I guess we are wrong. Despite now being out of office, Obama is still the Antichrist. This guy KNOWS it, because he DREAMED it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLkkh7KIZc

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 am

But, on the other hand, the numbers don't lie, and this guy has assembled the numbers that really matter. Armageddon is now less than three months away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPQPelOmNA

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”