Rajiv Parti- proof of afterlife? Does this prove Christianity?

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Kamil
Poster

Rajiv Parti- proof of afterlife? Does this prove Christianity?

Postby Kamil » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nbk_8EII

the above link is his story.

Parti had prostate cancer. The operation to remove the cancerous cells left him with complications: impotence, incontinence and chronic, excruciating pain. He became addicted to painkillers, and depression soon followed. Two years passed yet the complications remained. Because he couldn't control his bodily functions, surgeons implanted an artificial urinary sphincter.

That's when the real trouble began.

Within 48 hours, Parti's entire pelvic area turned red and swollen. He developed a 105-degree fever. Sepsis had set in. An ambulance rushed him from Bakersfield to UCLA Medical Center, where doctors administered antibiotics for the infection and morphine for pain.

The next morning, Christmas Day 2010, the medical staff performed emergency surgery. General anesthesia was administered. But 15 minutes later, when they inserted a catheter to drain his urinary bladder, the pain was so intense that it triggered an out-of-body experience.

Parti saw himself floating above the scene. He observed the surgeons cutting him open. The smell was awful, and to counteract it, he was aware of the nurses applying eucalyptus-scented water to their surgical masks. He heard conversations taking place, even a joke told by the anesthesiologist.

Simultaneously, Parti heard a conversation occurring between his mother and sister in India. They were discussing what to prepare for dinner that night: rice, vegetables, yogurt, legumes. He saw them sitting in front of a small electric heater, his mother in a green sari, his sister in a blue sweater and blue jeans.

"I would like to say my awareness then went to a serene, happy place," Parti says. "But no." Instead, his mind went to a dark place where a great wild fire was raging. Lightning flashed in black clouds, and entities with crooked teeth and horns scurried around. "I was in a hellish realm."

There, Parti realized his sins. "I was not kind to my patients. When I met someone, I always asked myself, 'What can I get from this person?'?" He was especially harsh toward those he perceived to be lower in social or professional status. He saw how many people he'd used, how many toes he'd stepped on to get ahead.

He remembered a former patient, a 75-year-old lady with arthritis. "She wanted to talk to me. She wanted a little touch on the shoulder, because her husband was dying of cancer." Instead, he dashed off a prescription and walked out of the room. In the hellish realm, he felt deeply sorry. He wished he had done things differently.

Then his father showed up and shepherded him to a tunnel. Crossing the tunnel, the dark hell was replaced by "the light of a thousand suns that did not hurt the eyes." The light, Parti understood, was pure love, and he was being given a second chance to go back and change his life completely.

Awakening in the recovery room, he wanted to get down on his knees. He verified the joke he'd heard with the anesthesiologist, who reasoned, "You must have been light on anesthesia." He confirmed facts with his family - back in India, his mom was indeed wearing a green sari that Christmas evening, and yes, she and Parti's sister did sit around the heater discussing dinner.

In his experience, he met with two archangels, who are Christian, and was shown hell, also very Christian. I am wondering, how does a man raised Hindu see such Christian imagery? Does this demonstrate Christianity to be true?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Rajiv Parti- proof of afterlife? Does this prove Christianity?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:15 pm

MattMSV7 wrote: Parti had prostate cancer.
Stop spamming the same story in multiple threads to promote the book.
Parti.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:01 pm

This story has more holes then my cheese:

1. Problem: His OBE was caused by pain, nothing special we already know that OBEs can be triggered by this:

Kamil wrote:The next morning, Christmas Day 2010, the medical staff performed emergency surgery. General anesthesia was administered. But 15 minutes later, when they inserted a catheter to drain his urinary bladder, the pain was so intense that it triggered an out-of-body experience.

2. Problem: His OBE has no verifiable points. Nothing that he as a Medical doctor which he claims on his website and other sites would not be obvious from his work, training or experience.

Kamil wrote:Parti saw himself floating above the scene. He observed the surgeons cutting him open. The smell was awful, and to counteract it, he was aware of the nurses applying eucalyptus-scented water to their surgical masks. He heard conversations taking place, even a joke told by the anesthesiologist.

3. Problem: Even when I would agree that there is a soul how can it be in two places at once? Its logically impossible and it contradicts other NDEs or OBEs where the person could be only in one place at a time:

Kamil wrote:Simultaneously, Parti heard a conversation occurring between his mother and sister in India. They were discussing what to prepare for dinner that night: rice, vegetables, yogurt, legumes. He saw them sitting in front of a small electric heater, his mother in a green sari, his sister in a blue sweater and blue jeans.

4. Problem: He has a vision of two people who are the closest to him besides his wife or children. Its no surprise he knows their habits or what they are doing or how they are clothed. It does not take a genius to deduce this or to know habits of your loved ones. So counting this as a hit will not convince anyone even when the family would claim he was correct. A hit it would be if he would describe something more shocking like for example some numbers that no one saw, something akin to what Dr. Sam Parnia is trying to accomplish but who also fails so far:

Kamil wrote:Simultaneously, Parti heard a conversation occurring between his mother and sister in India. They were discussing what to prepare for dinner that night: rice, vegetables, yogurt, legumes. He saw them sitting in front of a small electric heater, his mother in a green sari, his sister in a blue sweater and blue jeans.

5. Problem: His vision of hell is like a typical Christian depiction what about others who had a vision of hell that are completely different? There are many NDEs where a person was in a hell that was not like a Christian one. Also his imaginary hell has people with horns? Give me a break that guy watched too much cartoons:

Kamil wrote:"I would like to say my awareness then went to a serene, happy place," Parti says. "But no." Instead, his mind went to a dark place where a great wild fire was raging. Lightning flashed in black clouds, and entities with crooked teeth and horns scurried around. "I was in a hellish realm."

6. Problem: Yes now Parti is a good guy? Give me a break:

Kamil wrote:There, Parti realized his sins. "I was not kind to my patients. When I met someone, I always asked myself, 'What can I get from this person?'?" He was especially harsh toward those he perceived to be lower in social or professional status. He saw how many people he'd used, how many toes he'd stepped on to get ahead.

Nothing has changed in him he now sells woo here are few examples like, he does private consulting in Consciousness Based Healing:

http://dyingtowakeup.com/private-consulting/

Or look here:

Dr. Rajiv Parti is a heartbreak/divorce healer and love coach who works with women and men who’ve had their hearts broken. He has been featured on…

Source: https://www.rajivparti.com

Was also features with Chopra university ohh goody and works on a new book:

DR RAJIV PARTI is a world-renowned heart anesthesiologist and was chief of anesthesiology at Bakersfield Heart Hospital for more than a decade before having a life-changing near-death experience that ultimately saved him from the near-death of his 30 year marriage. He is a certified co-active coach from the Coaches Training Institute, A Mars Venus coach trained by Dr. John Gray, a certified ayurvedic practitioner, a certified high performance coach, grief recovery coach with training in trauma work, and a certified meditation instructor from the Chopra University. Dr. Parti is the author of the best-selling book Dying to Wake Up: A Doctor’s Voyage into the Afterlife and the Wisdom He Brought Back (Atria Books, 2016). He tours the country extensively, holding workshops to demonstrate methods of healing heartbreak and is currently writing his next book, Dying to Love, a practical handbook for journeying from heartbreak to love.

Source: http://www.finerminds.com/author/dr-rajiv-parti/

7. Problem: His anesthesiologist did not take him seriously:

Kamil wrote:Awakening in the recovery room, he wanted to get down on his knees. He verified the joke he'd heard with the anesthesiologist, who reasoned, "You must have been light on anesthesia." He confirmed facts with his family - back in India, his mom was indeed wearing a green sari that Christmas evening, and yes, she and Parti's sister did sit around the heater discussing dinner.

8. Problem: He proved what? That he repeated a joke that he could have heard a million times and second that he described two closest people in his life what they were wearing or doing? That should be prove of what actually? That he has good memory or what?

Awakening in the recovery room, he wanted to get down on his knees. He verified the joke he'd heard with the anesthesiologist, who reasoned, "You must have been light on anesthesia." He confirmed facts with his family - back in India, his mom was indeed wearing a green sari that Christmas evening, and yes, she and Parti's sister did sit around the heater discussing dinner.

9. Problem: No Kamil it demonstrates that Dr. Parti can use the Internet and watches TV, its the year 2010 when this happened remember?:

Kamil wrote:I am wondering, how does a man raised Hindu see such Christian imagery? Does this demonstrate Christianity to be true?

Example that it happened in 2010:

It was during the surgery, in 2010, to clean out the infection that Parti went out-of-body.

Source: http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/e ... his_doctor

10. Problem: He released the book after 6 years when his NDE happened a lot of time to add information etc.:

Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Atria Books; First Edition / First Printing edition (August 23, 2016)

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Wake-Up-Do ... 1476797315

11. Problem: He released the book after Eben Alexander that means he know how this stuff is famous and he took him as a example because Proof of Heaven was released in 2012. So after so much hype this Rajiv Parti also decided that he wants a peace of the fame and cake:

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife is a 2012 auto-biographical book written by the American neurosurgeon Eben Alexander III. It relates and discusses his memories of experiences during a coma.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_of_ ... _Afterlife

End Verdict: This is total nonsense. Even when he was rich according to claims on few websites. He is still for the money. On his sites he brags where he was published or where he talked and what he was. This is not a good sign but on the contrary, he wants fame and sees that people are buying it. Nothing more to say.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Kamil
Poster

Postby Kamil » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Shen1986 wrote:This story has more holes then my cheese:

1. Problem: His OBE was caused by pain, nothing special we already know that OBEs can be triggered by this:

Kamil wrote:The next morning, Christmas Day 2010, the medical staff performed emergency surgery. General anesthesia was administered. But 15 minutes later, when they inserted a catheter to drain his urinary bladder, the pain was so intense that it triggered an out-of-body experience.

2. Problem: His OBE has no verifiable points. Nothing that he as a Medical doctor which he claims on his website and other sites would not be obvious from his work, training or experience.

Kamil wrote:Parti saw himself floating above the scene. He observed the surgeons cutting him open. The smell was awful, and to counteract it, he was aware of the nurses applying eucalyptus-scented water to their surgical masks. He heard conversations taking place, even a joke told by the anesthesiologist.

3. Problem: Even when I would agree that there is a soul how can it be in two places at once? Its logically impossible and it contradicts other NDEs or OBEs where the person could be only in one place at a time:

4. Problem: He has a vision of two people who are the closest to him besides his wife or children. Its no surprise he knows their habits or what they are doing or how they are clothed. It does not take a genius to deduce this or to know habits of your loved ones. So counting this as a hit will not convince anyone even when the family would claim he was correct. A hit it would be if he would describe something more shocking like for example some numbers that no one saw, something akin to what Dr. Sam Parnia is trying to accomplish but who also fails so far:

5. Problem: His vision of hell is like a typical Christian depiction what about others who had a vision of hell that are completely different? There are many NDEs where a person was in a hell that was not like a Christian one. Also his imaginary hell has people with horns? Give me a break that guy watched too much cartoons:

Kamil wrote:"I would like to say my awareness then went to a serene, happy place," Parti says. "But no." Instead, his mind went to a dark place where a great wild fire was raging. Lightning flashed in black clouds, and entities with crooked teeth and horns scurried around. "I was in a hellish realm."

6. Problem: Yes now Parti is a good guy? Give me a break:

Kamil wrote:There, Parti realized his sins. "I was not kind to my patients. When I met someone, I always asked myself, 'What can I get from this person?'?" He was especially harsh toward those he perceived to be lower in social or professional status. He saw how many people he'd used, how many toes he'd stepped on to get ahead.

Nothing has changed in him he now sells woo here are few examples like, he does private consulting in Consciousness Based Healing:

http://dyingtowakeup.com/private-consulting/

Or look here:

Dr. Rajiv Parti is a heartbreak/divorce healer and love coach who works with women and men who’ve had their hearts broken. He has been featured on…

Source: https://www.rajivparti.com

Was also features with Chopra university ohh goody and works on a new book:

DR RAJIV PARTI is a world-renowned heart anesthesiologist and was chief of anesthesiology at Bakersfield Heart Hospital for more than a decade before having a life-changing near-death experience that ultimately saved him from the near-death of his 30 year marriage. He is a certified co-active coach from the Coaches Training Institute, A Mars Venus coach trained by Dr. John Gray, a certified ayurvedic practitioner, a certified high performance coach, grief recovery coach with training in trauma work, and a certified meditation instructor from the Chopra University. Dr. Parti is the author of the best-selling book Dying to Wake Up: A Doctor’s Voyage into the Afterlife and the Wisdom He Brought Back (Atria Books, 2016). He tours the country extensively, holding workshops to demonstrate methods of healing heartbreak and is currently writing his next book, Dying to Love, a practical handbook for journeying from heartbreak to love.

Source: http://www.finerminds.com/author/dr-rajiv-parti/

7. Problem: His anesthesiologist did not take him seriously:

Kamil wrote:Awakening in the recovery room, he wanted to get down on his knees. He verified the joke he'd heard with the anesthesiologist, who reasoned, "You must have been light on anesthesia." He confirmed facts with his family - back in India, his mom was indeed wearing a green sari that Christmas evening, and yes, she and Parti's sister did sit around the heater discussing dinner.

8. Problem: He proved what? That he repeated a joke that he could have heard a million times and second that he described two closest people in his life what they were wearing or doing? That should be prove of what actually? That he has good memory or what?

9. Problem: No Kamil it demonstrates that Dr. Parti can use the Internet and watches TV, its the year 2010 when this happened remember?:

Kamil wrote:I am wondering, how does a man raised Hindu see such Christian imagery? Does this demonstrate Christianity to be true?

Example that it happened in 2010:

It was during the surgery, in 2010, to clean out the infection that Parti went out-of-body.

Source: http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/e ... his_doctor

10. Problem: He released the book after 6 years when his NDE happened a lot of time to add information etc.:

Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Atria Books; First Edition / First Printing edition (August 23, 2016)

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Wake-Up-Do ... 1476797315

11. Problem: He released the book after Eben Alexander that means he know how this stuff is famous and he took him as a example because Proof of Heaven was released in 2012. So after so much hype this Rajiv Parti also decided that he wants a peace of the fame and cake:

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife is a 2012 auto-biographical book written by the American neurosurgeon Eben Alexander III. It relates and discusses his memories of experiences during a coma.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_of_ ... _Afterlife

End Verdict: This is total nonsense. Even when he was rich according to claims on few websites. He is still for the money. On his sites he brags where he was published or where he talked and what he was. This is not a good sign but on the contrary, he wants fame and sees that people are buying it. Nothing more to say.

Thanks, Shen, this is why I love you. Too many people on the internet watching these videos are hard core Christians trying to say you must be a Christian to have a positive afterlife. People are even suggesting the light that he saw was Jesus

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am

:nuts:

Lard, save me from your followers.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:57 am

What does"proving" Christianity even mean?
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 am

ElectricMonk wrote:What does"proving" Christianity even mean?

It means voicing such nonsense gets the questioner the craved attention.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 am

Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:Too many people on the internet watching these videos are hard core Christians trying to say you must be a Christian to have a positive afterlife. People are even suggesting the light that he saw was Jesus

That was you. Did you forget?

Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:for a long time, people have thought that Near Death Experiences are just a result of the brain, I have found some recent cold hard facts which may prove it is in fact a soul at work..........

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28275&p=582614#p582614

Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote: I'm actually from Poland. I am thinking now that NDEs are the only proof for religion
You can't speak Polish. You just lie all the time don't you?

Kamil
Poster

Postby Kamil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:Too many people on the internet watching these videos are hard core Christians trying to say you must be a Christian to have a positive afterlife. People are even suggesting the light that he saw was Jesus

That was you. Did you forget?

Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:for a long time, people have thought that Near Death Experiences are just a result of the brain, I have found some recent cold hard facts which may prove it is in fact a soul at work..........

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28275&p=582614#p582614

Kamil AKA Matt MSV7 wrote: I'm actually from Poland. I am thinking now that NDEs are the only proof for religion
You can't speak Polish. You just lie all the time don't you?

Wypraszam sobie! Nie prawda, Bóg zapłać! Jesteś wspaniały! Miłego dnia...

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:15 am

MattMSV7 wrote: Wypraszam sobie! Nie prawda, Bóg zapłać! Jesteś wspaniały! Miłego dnia...

Oh really? Try it without google translate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cant speak polish.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 am

ElectricMonk wrote:What does"proving" Christianity even mean?

Kamil and Omniverse are just sockpuppet names of Matt MSV7. He's an American troll who keeps trying to discuss NDEs and his "music" on forums. He also trolls children's forums. If he really was in Poland he would be posting at 4AM. He always gets confused about international time zones and that's just one way we can spot his sock-puppets.

Here are videos he has posted here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrT8TNVj0s

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 am

Holy Fook, these people get weirder all the time. Actually, they should take up book writing, and their genre should be "The Paranormal". That will encompass all the above statements about christianity, and all the god proving threads on the forum.

Kamil
Poster

Postby Kamil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMSV7 wrote: Wypraszam sobie! Nie prawda, Bóg zapłać! Jesteś wspaniały! Miłego dnia...

cant speak polish.jpg

Ale gdzieś muszę spać tej nocy, prawda?

Kamil
Poster

Postby Kamil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

cant speak polish.jpg

mędrek :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Matt MSV7 wrote:Ale gdzieś muszę spać tej nocy, prawda?

You didn't answer the question Matt MSV7. Try again. Answer this question in Polish. I am asking you something very specific.

cant speak polish.jpg

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 am

Wanted to add this after reading through the reviews of this book on Amazon I found one review that shows that this doctor is quite a Ego person which I believe points out what I wrote earlier that he likes to talk where he was on TV etc.. which gives me even more doubt about this whole NDE as a whole:

Not Worth the Journey
ByMELon October 16, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Very Ego driven. It was hard to like the author.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Wake-Up-Do ... filter-bar

Also he did not his house to anyone he traded it:

Bad book.
ByKevin Dabbson January 19, 2017
Format: Hardcover|Verified Purchase
Bad book...he didn't just give away a house..he traded it to someone..to much flip flopping from one persons story to someone else ..not a very well written book...poorly written... Wish I hadn't wasted my money on this

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Wake-Up-Do ... filter-bar
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”