How to truly see the beauty of this universe

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Omniverse
Poster

How to truly see the beauty of this universe

Postby Omniverse » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 pm

The feel-good biochemicals in my brain are the messages to my brain that tell me that certain things, moments, and situations are good, beautiful, and worth living for. As long as these biochemicals are turned off due to, for example, an emotional trauma, then there is nothing there telling my brain that anything is good and beautiful. Again, no way of thinking can actually give my brain that message. Therefore, I require my positive mood and emotions to make my whole entire world perceived as something beautiful because I absolutely cannot do this on my own. It would be like how a person relies on a wheelchair to get around or how a person needs glasses to see. Although the brain's normal, healthy, constant, stable positive mood state allows me to see things as good and beautiful due to all of those feel-good biochemicals being restored and flowing through my brain, it is only my positive emotions that can positively inspire, motivate, and drive me.

It is only through these biochemicals that we can experience the joyful and beautiful presence of characters, songs, nature, moments with our family, etc. We all require these biochemicals to make our lives good, beautiful, joyful, and worth living for. The only true way to see things in life from a positive perspective would be through these biochemicals and not through our mindsets and attitudes alone independent of our positive mood and emotions. People are only fooling and deluding themselves to believe otherwise because they have been taught the wrong definition of good, beauty, joy, worth, etc. and they are blindly brainwashed into believing this false definition. Hence the reason why you see so many artists today making the false claim that their lives were good and beautiful through creating works of art and contributing to the world despite their misery, despair, emotional trauma, anhedonia, and unhappiness. As a matter of fact, I don't think we need to be taught this false definition.

I think we as human beings are very well capable of naturally deluding ourselves. But I'm not fooled. I give a hunger and thirst analogy later on, but I will explain it here. It would be no different than if someone was hungry or thirsty, but instead falsely believed that it was his thoughts or intentions to get something to eat or drink that was the real hunger or thirst. Thoughts and intentions alone cannot be hunger or thirst and it would be a huge misconception to believe otherwise. It is only when your brain gets that chemical message that makes you feel hungry or thirsty that you would then have real hunger or thirst. Again, thoughts and intentions alone could perhaps make you feel hungry or thirsty if they send that message to your brain, but as long as they don't, then these thoughts and intentions themselves cannot be hunger or thirst. The same idea applies to sight and hearing. A blind or deaf person cannot make himself hear or see by believing he can.
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: How to truly see the beauty of this universe

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Either/or thinking is almost always wrong..........or limited if you prefer.

Even when its true....still greater benefits in making up a continuum.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Omniverse wrote: there is nothing there telling my brain that anything is good and beautiful. ..... I absolutely cannot do (change this) this on my own. .

Tell your psychiatrist. You have wasted four years telling us skeptics, and you haven't got better. This time tell your psychiatrist and go away.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:05 am

He is quite right in ascribing it all to chemicals. There is a solution. If natural chemicals do not do it, then find an alternative. Mine is good Australian shiraz. After a couple of glasses of that, my brain is once more responding to feel good chemicals.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

MattMVS7 trolling thread 45#

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 am

What he really needs is a swift kick in the arse so he stops trolling here.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: MattMVS7 trolling thread 45#

Postby TJrandom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:What he really needs is a swift kick in the arse so he stops trolling here.

Ah - a comparitive reference point. Excellent...

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”