Postby mirror93 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Do you guys believe this {!#%@}?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXzxUdJVyM

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Pantheism

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

This is an introduction video expressing some of the core ideas of my philosophical views. I believe the universe has always been here and always will be and that all things in the universe are ultimately connected. I believe that the universe is infinite and indestructible. I believe it is balanced and conserved.

Meaningless gibberish.....................one can say this, then anything else one wishes to. Gibberish is like that.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:29 pm

some say there are atheists who are pantheists, I find a contradiction

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Rubbishism can always be made to sound good.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:02 pm

People can believe in any silly thing they want. The labels applied to them by others don't mean {!#%@}.
I know someone who puts ketchup on hotdogs. That's a contradiction.

The video says I am indestructible. That's BS. Everyone who knows me knows I'm broken.
The video also says my mind will essentially jump from person to person, thus allowing me to somehow continue on forever as long as The All permits? Umm, no. I call BS again.
Also, The All sounds cool. The Forever All sounds even cooler. Have you considered the Eternal All? I bet that guy can kick the Forever All's ass.
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm

mirror93 wrote:some say there are atheists who are pantheists, I find a contradiction

Purely definitional. Define the terms as you will...............and go with those results.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 am

Sounds like someone who has never studied any astronomy.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Aztexan wrote:People can believe in any silly thing they want. The labels applied to them by others don't mean {!#%@}.
I know someone who puts ketchup on hotdogs. That's a contradiction.

The video says I am indestructible. That's BS. Everyone who knows me knows I'm broken.
The video also says my mind will essentially jump from person to person, thus allowing me to somehow continue on forever as long as The All permits? Umm, no. I call BS again.
Also, The All sounds cool. The Forever All sounds even cooler. Have you considered the Eternal All? I bet that guy can kick the Forever All's ass.

not 'jump' from person to person, but when you die you jump to the 'next life', as the "all" (whatever it is) permits
yes, that too is unproven BS.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Is this next life on this planet? This realm of reality? These are nice thoughts but no one knows what happens to us after we die, other than we decompose and no longer have the ability to perceive time or space as we are simply gone. No more.
trump is Putin's bitch

placid
Frequent Poster

Postby placid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Aztexan wrote:Is this next life on this planet? This realm of reality? These are nice thoughts but no one knows what happens to us after we die, other than we decompose and no longer have the ability to perceive time or space as we are simply gone. No more.

No one lives - No one dies.

The only thing that lives is death. The only thing that dies is life.

It really is that simple.
Something clever should go here.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Wow - a self-referential oxymoron! You don't see many of those around any more.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Pantheism is the belief that the universe (collectively "everything") is God, So yeah I believe the universe exists.

I would consider myself a "strong atheist", but as I have admitted around here before I can't prove anything if the god in question is vaguely defined enough.

Give me a god (or God) in of the flavors flavors of deity believers believe in and I'm hot stuff.

Of course not all people believe the universe exists. All is illusion according to the Yogis and their imitators.

Or a simulation. ;)
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:26 pm

I was gonna call word salad on the discussion, but its more a mix of vomit and diarrhea.

strong atheist: affirmative denial of the existence of god(s). Seems to me you can deny a vaguely defined god as easily as a specifically defined one....... That is why I go to anti-theism. It doesn't matter if the God exists or not: I reject him. I don't think vague ambiguity plays into that at all. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM demands that all gods leave me alone as I do them. Should a god choose to exercise his will on me, it will be an exercise of power. I lose those all the time.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:12 am

placid wrote:
Aztexan wrote:Is this next life on this planet? This realm of reality? These are nice thoughts but no one knows what happens to us after we die, other than we decompose and no longer have the ability to perceive time or space as we are simply gone. No more.

No one lives - No one dies.

The only thing that lives is death. The only thing that dies is life.

I'm alive. I'll die. We live. We die.
Jeezus dude, it's a holiday. Have some fun.
trump is Putin's bitch

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:strong atheist: affirmative denial of the existence of god(s). Seems to me you can deny a vaguely defined god as easily as a specifically defined one....... That is why I go to anti-theism. It doesn't matter if the God exists or not: I reject him. I don't think vague ambiguity plays into that at all. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM demands that all gods leave me alone as I do them. Should a god choose to exercise his will on me, it will be an exercise of power. I lose those all the time.
I like Xouper's term...apatheist. I just don't give a crap whether deities exist, because their possible existence (or lack thereof) has no bearing on my life. The only time I give the subject any thought in during discussions like these. Nor do I care whether others choose to be self-delusional as long as it has no effect on me.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

AmeliaMichelle
Poster
Custom Title: And Or Theory

Postby AmeliaMichelle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:56 pm

..the universe is 'connected'.....according to....scary empirical reasoning foregrounding: we are a collective, that must work according to [these] edicts, that must perform according to [those] constructs of possibilities in interaction, that must operate according to [that] particular region, religion, or science. hey, since there isn't a god, they'll decide for us what 'togetherness' really means...they'll play god for us! how sweet.

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”