How to discuss with a monistic idealistic solipsistic?

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Confidencia
BANNED

Re: How to discuss with a monistic idealistic solipsistic?

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:I've watched paint dry many times, and I don't know why people keep disparaging it. It's a wonder of nature, it is. Moment by moment the micro-changes add up until you suddenly realise the paint has all dried!

Amazing.

That may very well be the case. But whilst you are mesmerised by drying paint, you miss the painter.

WRONG.png

Then where is he?

I'm the painter, you dipshite.

In your dreams you do all sorts of things, even paint.
It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!
Why do you think I get to watch it dry so often?

Obviously because you are not the painter. The painting goes on even after the idea of painting and watching paint dry has evaporated.

Confidencia
BANNED

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Whether you care to acknowledge it or not modern science is based on convention.

Good example of a statement so overbroad as to be useless if not just simply false.

Until you've falsified that statement bobhope you had better get yourself a dictionary. That said, would you like tea and biscuits with me and gord???

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:05 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:I've watched paint dry many times, and I don't know why people keep disparaging it. It's a wonder of nature, it is. Moment by moment the micro-changes add up until you suddenly realise the paint has all dried!

Amazing.

That may very well be the case. But whilst you are mesmerised by drying paint, you miss the painter.

WRONG.png

Then where is he?

I don't remember ever painting in my dreams. I usually dream about things that don't require that much colour.

It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Obviously because you are not the painter. The painting goes on even after the idea of painting and watching paint dry has evaporated.

WRONG.png

I am definitely the painter. It's my paint, and I apply it then watch it dry.

Although you've clearly lost this metaphor, I'm sure you will keep trying to make it work for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED

Postby Confidencia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Amazing.

That may very well be the case. But whilst you already are mesmerised by drying paint, you miss the painter.

Then where is he?

I don't remember ever painting in my dreams. I usually dream about things that don't require that much colour.

:lol: Make up your mind up gord, in one breath you say "I am the painter" and in the next you say "I don't remember ever painting in my dreams". The difference between your waking state and dream state is only marginal. They both take place within the realms of dreaming.
It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Not even that.

You can watch your poop dry it still won't take you out of dreaming.
Although you've clearly lost this metaphor, I'm sure you will keep trying to make it work for you.

Truth is non verbal gord, so you need not have to worry about getting lost in translation. Try to figure this whilst you are playing around with your figures of speeech :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Confidencia AKA Shaka AKA Clarifyit4me wrote:You can watch your poop dry it still won't take you out of dreaming.
Shaka? You are back to your fascination with poo again. You're not very good at rebooting, using sock puppets are you? :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Since conman is busy being irrelevant, I'll tag along: one of my favorite movies is about dreaming and painting: robin williams in "What Dreams May Come". Its a stand out for imagery..... thats close to watching paint dry isn't it?........although, one of the top scenes involves the fact that the paint wasn't dry. Hmmm....did that mean Robin's life wasn't quite done yet?

Oh goody, I'll have to rewatch.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:53 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Amazing.

That may very well be the case. But whilst you already are mesmerised by drying paint, you miss the painter.

Then where is he?

:lol: Make up your mind up gord, in one breath you say "I am the painter" and in the next you say "I don't remember ever painting in my dreams".

You seem confused. Let me clear this up for you: It's possible not to remember something that never happened.

The difference between your waking state and dream state is only marginal. They both take place within the realms of dreaming.

No they don't. You're clearly conflating two different things in order to fail to make a point of some kind.

It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Not even that.

Even that.

I don't dream about that, either.

You seem to have weird hobbies, however.

Truth is non verbal gord, so you need not have to worry about getting lost in translation. Try to figure this whilst you are playing around with your figures of speeech :mrgreen:

"Truth" is a word. It is used to define a concept. In order to define the concept, a verbal format is used.

That seems to be one of your major problems in understanding what's going on: You don't accept the meanings of words.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Amazing.

Then where is he?

:lol: Make up your mind up gord, in one breath you say "I am the painter" and in the next you say "I don't remember ever painting in my dreams".

You seem confused. Let me clear this up for you: It's possible not to remember something that never happened.

In reality nothing happens but let me finish your sentence....Or forget something that did happen.

The difference between your waking state and dream state is only marginal. They both take place within the realms of dreaming.

No they don't. You're clearly conflating two different things in order to fail to make a point of some kind.

Well firstly dreaming is one state of affairs and awareness is the common matrix of all states. Between sleep dreaming and wake dreaming there is a difference in kind, nevertheless it would require you to be in full awareness to figure it out. At the end of the day all is one. How you see this will depend on how alert you are.

It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Not even that.

Even that.

That depends too.

Extraneous detail tends to get lost in the self conscious mind. The universal consciousness is far more efficient and reliable at keeping records, after all it is a recorder and in pure consciousness there's no bias to consider.

That's how you see it.

"Truth" is a word. It is used to define a concept. In order to define the concept, a verbal format is used.

For the latter part of your state I would agree but If you believe that truth is a word then you are more stupid than I thought. Truth is an absolute fact not a prerequisite to some relative conditions in consciousness.

That seems to be one of your major problems in understanding what's going on: You don't accept the meanings of words.

Words are fine if you are still in your infancy but meaningless in the face of truth.

Shall we have tea and cake now gord?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Amazing.

Then where is he?

In reality nothing happens but let me finish your sentence....Or forget something that did happen.

Things do happen in reality, and of course it's possible to forget things that did happen. Why would you contradict yourself in the space of two short sentences? Jeez, it's like you're not even trying anymore.

Well firstly dreaming is one state of affairs and awareness is the common matrix of all states.

Gibberish.

Between sleep dreaming and wake dreaming there is a difference in kind, nevertheless it would require you to be in full awareness to figure it out.

Verbal diarrhea.

At the end of the day all is one. How you see this will depend on how alert you are.

Conflating everything makes you seem extremely unaware, which is contradicted by your continual ability to post nonsense on the internet. You clearly can't even believe what you are typing.

It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Not even that.

Even that.

That depends too.

Sure, on whether or not ownership of it was legally transferred to me. And it was. I might even still have the receipt.

Extraneous detail tends to get lost in the self conscious mind. The universal consciousness is far more efficient and reliable at keeping records, after all it is a recorder and in pure consciousness there's no bias to consider.

There is no such thing as a "universal consciousness" -- at least, not in the way you're implying.

That's how you see it.

That's how I interpret it from the evidence you have provided.

For the latter part of your state I would agree but If you believe that truth is a word then you are more stupid than I thought.

If you don't believe that truth is a word, then you're more delusional than I thought.

But then, I don't think you really believe any of the nonsense you type.

Truth is an absolute fact not a prerequisite to some relative conditions in consciousness.

No it's not. Philosophers can't even decide on a definition for the word that would make it exact enough to be used universally. Check out this simple article: http://www.philosophynews.com/post/2015 ... Truth.aspx

Words are fine if you are still in your infancy but meaningless in the face of truth.

You'll need to grow up a bit before you can even have a reasonable conversation. Your verbal skills are too immature for you to make any meaningful statements.
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Amazing.

Then where is he?

Things do happen in reality, and of course it's possible to forget things that did happen. Why would you contradict yourself in the space of two short sentences? Jeez, it's like you're not even trying anymore.

Life in itself is effortless, you need not have to try in order to get it right. It is only in consciousness that it becomes a play of opposites between mutual destructive descrepencies, they continually cancel each other out until the balance is restored. In the end it is as if nothing happened in the first place. But there's no contradiction in what I'm saying. In reality nothing happens. In consciousness everything appears to be happening, here lies the difference between the real and the unreal. Yet in it (consciousness) everything and anything is possibly, but please don't take it for reality.

Well firstly dreaming is one state of affairs and awareness is the common matrix of all states.

Gibberish.

....Seems to be your first language.

Between sleep dreaming and wake dreaming there is a difference in kind, nevertheless it would require you to be in full awareness to figure it out.

Verbal diarrhea.

...Is that which seems to make up your thought process.

At the end of the day all is one. How you see this will depend on how alert you are.

Conflating everything makes you seem extremely unaware, which is contradicted by your continual ability to post nonsense on the internet. You clearly can't even believe what you are typing.

I am aware more than you can imagine but that's seems to be your problem, you take your imaginings for reality. Reality does not lend itself to any form of distinction, intrinsically it is in and of itself and does not need the support of consciousness. Awareness reflected in consciousness is hardly worth the title, it is governed by memory and as you well know memory is very unreliable. So it comes as no surprise that you do not recognise your own contradictions even though you are quick to point out the others.

It's my fecking paint!

You own nowt!

Except paint.

Not even that.

Even that.

That depends too.

Sure, on whether or not ownership of it was legally transferred to me. And it was. I might even still have the receipt.

When you are dead ownership of legal transfer will be completely irrelevant, with or without a receipt

There is no such thing as a "universal consciousness" -- at least, not in the way you're implying.

There is no such thing as anything relating to words but it still doesn't stop you from arguing you point whatever that is. I'm well aware that it is all a mental formation easy to dispel if one exercise a little intelligence and cares enough to enquire.

That's how you see it.

That's how I interpret it from the evidence you have provided.

Same difference gord, to interpret something you must see it in the minds eye. However which way you want to look at it you are going to have to imagine it.

For the latter part of your state I would agree but If you believe that truth is a word then you are more stupid than I thought.

If you don't believe that truth is a word, then you're more delusional than I thought.

If you can find a word that is universally accepted without any discrepancy or contradiction then I would have to agree. But why would I believe that something so relative can be absolute in the first place ?. Language changes with each generation. One word can have several different meanings and contradict simultaneously. But I doubt whether you would have the depth of understanding to even note the significance.

But then, I don't think you really believe any of the nonsense you type.

You are absolutely right, words are words but to communicate with the likes of you I have to come down to your level otherwise nothing can be said.

Truth is an absolute fact not a prerequisite to some relative conditions in consciousness.

No it's not. Philosophers can't even decide on a definition for the word that would make it exact enough to be used universally. Check out this simple article: http://www.philosophynews.com/post/2015 ... Truth.aspx

Whatever it is it does not need the certification of a philosopher, that's for sure. Fundamentally it cannot be put into words it is indescribable yet it can be experienced.

I do except the meaning of words, but not absolutely. You would be hard pushed to get along in society if you didn't. But why impose more limitations on yourself when your are already severely limited? Unless you are ignorant, stupid and not very intelligent, otherwise it does not make any sense.

You'll need to grow up a bit before you can even have a reasonable conversation. Your verbal skills are too immature for you to make any meaningful statements.

But you only have an idea of what maturity is yourself. Fundamentally you have nothing concrete with which you can compare it to. Maturity does not involve verbal skills, it is more in the nature of intelligent understanding and compassionate awareness expressed in direct action.

I'm tired of giving you the ABC gord, can we not just have tea and biscuits instead? You will still get to use your mind. The only difference is {!#%@} will be going in as oppose to coming out. :lol:

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”