The Solution To The Mystery

God, the FSM, and everything else.
User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Let's try this again.
It appear TazAnistazio has had four goes editing his opening post in this thread and as Gord points out, he already had a go here and asked Pyrrho to delete his previous posts.

At least one of those edits was to correct the spelling, but I think all four of them were.


Also added "...nothing", "time" and "distance" do not exist for the Infinite, as it encompasses every stage and every existence" and "of spherical particles and objects within it..."

If I missed anything else, I didn't get 'round to go to the length of it. :-P

(Not that it matters...)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Besides, I'm sure any of us could down a few pints and still have no problem with that "opinion."
After a few pints I can be persuaded to have any opinion. ( I don't drink spirits for that reason. Accountants drink like fish and I used to get overenthusiastic (tipsy) and agree to take on stupid jobs. I stuck to two glasses of wine on Friday night W.I.P. meetings. I had Russian business partners back then and they drank..... like Russians)
I'm unsure whether it's biology or just culture. I have both Slavic and Irish heritage and can hold my booze quite well. My band mates, all male, were always surprised by my tolerance, given that I'm 160cm tall and weigh about 63kg. They all outweighed me by at least 27kg, yet I had no problem keeping up with them...and being less drunk. Nor do I drink frequently. My Slavic grandfather got a bit sloppy after three, but my Irish grandmother had a hollow leg, I think. :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard wrote:( I suggested in another post that I don't smoke pot. That's not exactly true. I just couldn't say anything in that thread. I like to write songs "straight" and then "road test" them ...."not straight" if you get my drift. I can play "that way" but any alcohol makes me sloppy. ) :D
Alcohol makes everyone sloppy...and it's a fine line. A couple loosens my vocal chords nicely. A couple more, and I forget how to breathe properly, can't hit the right notes, and forget lyrics. :roll: But cannabis and singing don't go together, sadly. The dry mouth is real.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote: Let's try this again.
It appear TazAnistazio has had four goes editing his opening post in this thread and as Gord points out, he already had a go here and asked Pyrrho to delete his previous posts.

At least one of those edits was to correct the spelling, but I think all four of them were.

Doesn't he know about the squiggly red underlines? ;)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:07 pm

But I thought people liked a smokey voice? :mrgreen:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10532
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Doesn't he know about the squiggly red underlines? ;)


:scratch: Aren't they the computer's way of saying "Oooo, I really LIKE this word!". (See? It really likes Oooo!)
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: And how did you deduce that this was a "religious" non-scientific or simply philosophic post, Mat? 'sides I was attacked in this forum before, what did that lead to, man of "MATHS" ?

When you wrote "the infinite is god".

Try a religious forum. You don't need supporting evidence on religious forums, only "dark ages faith"
:lol:


I'm about to go to a café and get some chill time, I elaborate later, and answer to each of the gibberish above separately ( I don't go to church, no time to socialize much anyway) in the meantime : What exactly is YOUR definition of God ( as in your definition of education it seems you have things scrambled up there, I own more books that I can count at least in electronic form and IT IS THE INTERNET AGE BRO, PLETHORA OF INFORMATION AND MIS...) To me since the INFINITE is INFINITE from every perspective (AND HOW ELSE COULD IT BE? Really) then what else could it be BUT GOD (really)?

Nikki on the proof you demanded in one of your posts my reasoning follows like so:

I can't get something out of nothing -- but there is the Universe -- if God created the Universe who created God and what is beyond ? -- Since there can be nothing out of nothing yet we have something, this some thing must have EVOLVED from something else and so on NEVERENDING. Now this NEVERENDING (Infinite) cannot have nothingness in between, because it would have limits and a beginning out of a nothing is impossible (the "NOTHING" would be bigger than the INFINITE and the infinite would require a beginning which is IMPOSSIBLE -- that SHOULD APPLY TO EVERY PERSPECTIVE; thus ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE and MATTER should be comprised out of this Infinite). This Infinite which is EVER... (I don't write "existing" because every existence has limits and forms/evolves from the infinite and dissolves into it - with other words it has a beginning and an end) , EVER REACHING ( towards the macrocosm and inwards the microcosm) and from which ALL CONCEPTS DERIVE, is what others believe as THE GOD (not a deity, not a spirit, not an extraterrestrial organization of spying spaghetti monsters, neither a white bearded guy in the sky or any imaginary or perhaps manifested version -- ex. visions of MOSES God).

The particles that comprise all things must be spherical to allow for fluidity and non-sided combination ( no super strings and other wiggly forms imagined over the liquor escapades of some you referred to, I drink a rolling rock once in a while by the way and that's about it, 'sides the point), even the pores these spheres form are in turn filled with other spheres and so on till the whole thing becomes 1 INFINITY, it could not be otherwise because again the INFINITE CANNOT HAVE GAPS. That is why there is no distance or time for the infinite ( both are concepts -- you can travel thousands of light years yet for the Infinite you have at the same time NOT TRAVELLED AT ALL,THE LIGHT YEARS YOU TRAVELLED, AND AN INFINITE AMOUNT IN SPACE, since time also counts movement in reference to other movement you get the picture - TIME DOES NOT EXIST - DIMENSIONS DO NOT EXIST -- THESE ARE JUST CONCEPTS to describe what we THINK we see.

As for the knowledge part ( I did not refer to Abraham by the way, Zeus, Socrates, Aristotle, Buddha or Christ (and another one who I rather not refer to for obvious reasons) -- all either thinkers, concepts, "messengers," manifestation within the INFINITE -- DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION. I think of THE INFINITE being THE WAY I described BECAUSE I COULD NOT "IMAGINE' the INFINITE being ANY OTHER WAY ELSE! Within the Infinite things DO TAKE PLACE, we exist as part of it. WE GOT TO LEARN TO BETTER COEXIST TO MAKE DUE IN NEGATIVE SITUATIONS WHICH ARE NATURAL OUTCOMES -- GRAVITY CLASSIC EXAMPLE (without it we could not be on earth with it we can fall and hurt ourselves - Negativity). I may edit later if I have the time :D
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:00 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: And how did you deduce that this was a "religious" non-scientific or simply philosophic post, Mat? 'sides I was attacked in this forum before, what did that lead to, man of "MATHS" ?

When you wrote "the infinite is god".

Try a religious forum. You don't need supporting evidence on religious forums, only "dark ages faith"
:lol:


I'm about to go to a café and get some chill time, I elaborate later, and answer to each of the gibberish above separately ( I don't go to church, no time to socialize much anyway) in the meantime : What exactly is YOUR definition of God ( as in your definition of education it seems you have things scrambled up there, I own more books that I can count at least in electronic form and IT IS THE INTERNET AGE BRO, PLETHORA OF INFORMATION AND MIS...) To me since the INFINITE is INFINITE from every perspective (AND HOW ELSE COULD IT BE? Really) then what else could it be BUT GOD (really)?

Nikki on the proof you demanded in one of your posts my reasoning follows like so:

I can't get something out of nothing -- but there is the Universe -- if God created the Universe who created God and what is beyond ? -- since there can be nothing out of nothing yet we have something, this some thing must have EVOLVED from something and so on NEVERENDING. Now this NEVERENDING existence cannot have nothingness in between, because it would have limits and a beginning out of a nothing (the "NOTHING" would be bigger than the INFINITE and the infinite would require a beginning which is IMPOSSIBLE -- that SHOULD APPLY TO EVERY PERSPECTIVE, thus ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE and MATTER should be comprised out of this Infinite). This Infinite which is EVER EXISTING, EVER REACHING and from which ALL CONCEPTS DERIVE is what others believe as THE GOD (not a deity, not a spirit, not an extraterrestrial organization of spying spaghetti monsters, neither a white bearded guy in the sky or any imaginary or perhaps manifested version -- ex. visions of MOSES God).

The particles that comprise all things must be spherical to allow for fluidity and non-sided combination ( no super strings and other wiggly forms imagined over the liquor escapades you referred to, I drink a rolling rock once in a while by the way and that's about it, 'sides the point), even the pores these spheres form are in turn filled with other spheres and so on till the whole thing becomes 1 INFINITY, it could not be otherwise because again the INFINITE CANNOT HAVE GAPS. That is why there is no distance or time for the infinite ( both are concepts -- you can travel thousands of light years yet for the Infinite you have both NOT TRAVELLED AT ALL,THE LIGHT YEARS YOU TRAVELLED, AND AN INFINITE AMOUNT IN SPACE AT THE SAME TIME, since time also counts movement in reference to other movement you get the picture - TIME DOES NOT EXIST - DIMENSIONS DO NOT EXIST -- THESE ARE JUST CONCEPTS to describe what we THINK we see.

As for the knowledge part ( I did not refer to Abraham by the way, Zeus, Socrates, Aristotle, Buddha or Christ (and another one who I rather not refer to for obvious reasons) -- all either thinkers, concepts, "messengers" manifestation within the INFINITE -- DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION. I think of THE INFINITE being THE WAY I described BECAUSE I COULD NOT "IMAGINE' it being ANY OTHER WAY ELSE! Within it things DO TAKE PLACE, we exist as part of it. WE GOT TO LEARN TO BETTER COEXIST TO MAKE DUE IN NEGATIVE SITUATIONS WHICH ARE NATURAL OUTCOME -- GRAVITY CLASSIC EXAMPLE. I may edit later if I have the time :D

Aw Anthony, get outta here - you crack me up.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10532
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:06 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:WE GOT TO LEARN TO BETTER COEXIST TO MAKE DUE IN NEGATIVE SITUATIONS WHICH ARE NATURAL OUTCOMES


Priceless!
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:31 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:Nikki on the proof you demanded in one of your posts
I did not demand proof; I merely noted that you had provided none.

TazAnastazio wrote:I can't get something out of nothing -- but there is the Universe -- if God created the Universe who created God and what is beyond ? -- Since there can be nothing out of nothing yet we have something, this some thing must have EVOLVED from something else and so on NEVERENDING. Now this NEVERENDING (Infinite) cannot have nothingness in between, because it would have limits and a beginning out of a nothing is impossible (the "NOTHING" would be bigger than the INFINITE and the infinite would require a beginning which is IMPOSSIBLE -- that SHOULD APPLY TO EVERY PERSPECTIVE; thus ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE and MATTER should be comprised out of this Infinite). This Infinite which is EVER... (I don't write "existing" because every existence has limits and forms/evolves from the infinite and dissolves into it - with other words it has a beginning and an end) , EVER REACHING ( towards the macrocosm and inwards the microcosm) and from which ALL CONCEPTS DERIVE, is what others believe as THE GOD (not a deity, not a spirit, not an extraterrestrial organization of spying spaghetti monsters, neither a white bearded guy in the sky or any imaginary or perhaps manifested version -- ex. visions of MOSES God).

The particles that comprise all things must be spherical to allow for fluidity and non-sided combination ( no super strings and other wiggly forms imagined over the liquor escapades of some you referred to, I drink a rolling rock once in a while by the way and that's about it, 'sides the point), even the pores these spheres form are in turn filled with other spheres and so on till the whole thing becomes 1 INFINITY, it could not be otherwise because again the INFINITE CANNOT HAVE GAPS. That is why there is no distance or time for the infinite ( both are concepts -- you can travel thousands of light years yet for the Infinite you have at the same time NOT TRAVELLED AT ALL,THE LIGHT YEARS YOU TRAVELLED, AND AN INFINITE AMOUNT IN SPACE, since time also counts movement in reference to other movement you get the picture - TIME DOES NOT EXIST - DIMENSIONS DO NOT EXIST -- THESE ARE JUST CONCEPTS to describe what we THINK we see.

As for the knowledge part ( I did not refer to Abraham by the way, Zeus, Socrates, Aristotle, Buddha or Christ (and another one who I rather not refer to for obvious reasons) -- all either thinkers, concepts, "messengers," manifestation within the INFINITE -- DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION. I think of THE INFINITE being THE WAY I described BECAUSE I COULD NOT "IMAGINE' the INFINITE being ANY OTHER WAY ELSE! Within the Infinite things DO TAKE PLACE, we exist as part of it. WE GOT TO LEARN TO BETTER COEXIST TO MAKE DUE IN NEGATIVE SITUATIONS WHICH ARE NATURAL OUTCOMES -- GRAVITY CLASSIC EXAMPLE (without it we could not be on earth with it we can fall and hurt ourselves - Negativity). I may edit later if I have the time :D
1. None of that is proof.
2. Switch to a sativa with less THC content.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:Nikki on the proof you demanded in one of your posts
I did not demand proof; I merely noted that you had provided none.

TazAnastazio wrote:I can't get something out of nothing -- but there is the Universe -- if God created the Universe who created God and what is beyond ? -- Since there can be nothing out of nothing yet we have something, this some thing must have EVOLVED from something else and so on NEVERENDING. Now this NEVERENDING (Infinite) cannot have nothingness in between, because it would have limits and a beginning out of a nothing is impossible (the "NOTHING" would be bigger than the INFINITE and the infinite would require a beginning which is IMPOSSIBLE -- that SHOULD APPLY TO EVERY PERSPECTIVE; thus ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE and MATTER should be comprised out of this Infinite). This Infinite which is EVER... (I don't write "existing" because every existence has limits and forms/evolves from the infinite and dissolves into it - with other words it has a beginning and an end) , EVER REACHING ( towards the macrocosm and inwards the microcosm) and from which ALL CONCEPTS DERIVE, is what others believe as THE GOD (not a deity, not a spirit, not an extraterrestrial organization of spying spaghetti monsters, neither a white bearded guy in the sky or any imaginary or perhaps manifested version -- ex. visions of MOSES God).

The particles that comprise all things must be spherical to allow for fluidity and non-sided combination ( no super strings and other wiggly forms imagined over the liquor escapades of some you referred to, I drink a rolling rock once in a while by the way and that's about it, 'sides the point), even the pores these spheres form are in turn filled with other spheres and so on till the whole thing becomes 1 INFINITY, it could not be otherwise because again the INFINITE CANNOT HAVE GAPS. That is why there is no distance or time for the infinite ( both are concepts -- you can travel thousands of light years yet for the Infinite you have at the same time NOT TRAVELLED AT ALL,THE LIGHT YEARS YOU TRAVELLED, AND AN INFINITE AMOUNT IN SPACE, since time also counts movement in reference to other movement you get the picture - TIME DOES NOT EXIST - DIMENSIONS DO NOT EXIST -- THESE ARE JUST CONCEPTS to describe what we THINK we see.

As for the knowledge part ( I did not refer to Abraham by the way, Zeus, Socrates, Aristotle, Buddha or Christ (and another one who I rather not refer to for obvious reasons) -- all either thinkers, concepts, "messengers," manifestation within the INFINITE -- DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION. I think of THE INFINITE being THE WAY I described BECAUSE I COULD NOT "IMAGINE' the INFINITE being ANY OTHER WAY ELSE! Within the Infinite things DO TAKE PLACE, we exist as part of it. WE GOT TO LEARN TO BETTER COEXIST TO MAKE DUE IN NEGATIVE SITUATIONS WHICH ARE NATURAL OUTCOMES -- GRAVITY CLASSIC EXAMPLE (without it we could not be on earth with it we can fall and hurt ourselves - Negativity). I may edit later if I have the time :D
1. None of that is proof.
2. Switch to a sativa with less THC content.


I've never experimented with mind altering substances, but you seem quite the expert (are you one of those legal pill pushers that has induced society to painkiller addiction, speaking from personal experience, or your read something on the web?)

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29470
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:I think of THE INFINITE being THE WAY I described BECAUSE I COULD NOT "IMAGINE' the INFINITE being ANY OTHER WAY ELSE!

What you believe does not determine reality.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:I've never experimented with mind altering substances
A blatant lie, since you've already admitted to drinking alcohol.

TazAnastazio wrote:but you seem quite the expert
It's intelligent to educate oneself on the medications one's physician prescribes.

TazAnastazio wrote:(are you one of those legal pill pushers that has induced society to painkiller addiction
Do you customarily direct libelous innuendos against people you don't know?

How in the world did you get from "knowledge of cannabis" to "opiate pill pusher?" Are you one of those willfully ignorant people who believes cannabis is a dangerous drug?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 pm

TazAnastazio wrote: I'm about to go to a café and get some chill time,
How exciting for you.

TazAnastazio wrote: I don't go to church
They also find you repulsive? That makes sense.

TazAnastazio wrote: What exactly is YOUR definition of God
God is the English language name given to the fictional deity in traditional fairy tales from the late bronze age, middle east. :lol:

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:28 pm

...as also a nifty cuss word...
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:08 am

TazAnastazio wrote: The Infinite is God.


Do you mean to say that "God" is a persona/ psychological interface that the human mind imputes onto infinity?

"Nothing", "Everything", "Time", "Space", "Distance", "Dimensions, "Beginning", "End", "Energy", "Mass", "Intelligence", "Objects", "Particles" are simply concepts formed to describe what we THINK we see and understand within the INFINITE.


Wouldn't this also apply to "God"?
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: The Infinite is God.


Do you mean to say that "God" is a persona/ psychological interface that the human mind imputes onto infinity?

"Nothing", "Everything", "Time", "Space", "Distance", "Dimensions, "Beginning", "End", "Energy", "Mass", "Intelligence", "Objects", "Particles" are simply concepts formed to describe what we THINK we see and understand within the INFINITE.


Wouldn't this also apply to "God"?


It would apply to a deity,or an organization of advanced beings that appear to another society as God. Yet since no concept can come to existence on its own but have to derive from the INFINITE, and since the INFINITE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL ENERGY,INTELLIGENCE, MATTER AND FORM, OBJECT OR CONCEPT -- THE INFINITE IS *THE* GOD, AND *THE* GOD IS THE INFINITE. "GOD" AND "INFINITE" ARE THE SAME CONCEPT.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29470
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 am

TazAnastazio wrote:...no concept can come to existence on its own but have to derive from the INFINITE...

Image
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 am

That simply said that nothing would have existed if it had not evolved/formed from the Infinite Gord. You cannot get something out of nothing remember? Otherwise why go to work every day (those of us who do have to have a job at least).

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:01 am

.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29470
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:49 am

TazAnastazio wrote:You cannot get something out of nothing remember?

Your understanding of physics seems lacking: http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang ... -for-noth/

Or: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -of-light/
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7988
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Aztexan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:09 am

Taz claims there is a god.
To that I say 'oh yeah? well, you know, that's like just your opinion, man'
Checkmate, theists



I don't smoke weed either wink wink but you gotta try this bubba kush
trump is literally a piece of {!#%@}.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: The Infinite is God.


Do you mean to say that "God" is a persona/ psychological interface that the human mind imputes onto infinity?

"Nothing", "Everything", "Time", "Space", "Distance", "Dimensions, "Beginning", "End", "Energy", "Mass", "Intelligence", "Objects", "Particles" are simply concepts formed to describe what we THINK we see and understand within the INFINITE.


Wouldn't this also apply to "God"?


It would apply to a deity,or an organization of advanced beings that appear to another society as God. Yet since no concept can come to existence on its own but have to derive from the INFINITE, and since the INFINITE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL ENERGY,INTELLIGENCE, MATTER AND FORM, OBJECT OR CONCEPT -- THE INFINITE IS *THE* GOD, AND *THE* GOD IS THE INFINITE. "GOD" AND "INFINITE" ARE THE SAME CONCEPT.


If "God" was just defined as the source of everything, then I could agree with you. However unlike the infinite, it is generally agreed that God:
  1. is endowed with personality
  2. has volition
  3. takes an interest in the lives and morality of humans
  4. can be petitioned by humans for particular favors

If you take away all these features, then it is no longer meaningful to call it "God".
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: The Infinite is God.


Do you mean to say that "God" is a persona/ psychological interface that the human mind imputes onto infinity?

"Nothing", "Everything", "Time", "Space", "Distance", "Dimensions, "Beginning", "End", "Energy", "Mass", "Intelligence", "Objects", "Particles" are simply concepts formed to describe what we THINK we see and understand within the INFINITE.


Wouldn't this also apply to "God"?


It would apply to a deity,or an organization of advanced beings that appear to another society as God. Yet since no concept can come to existence on its own but have to derive from the INFINITE, and since the INFINITE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL ENERGY,INTELLIGENCE, MATTER AND FORM, OBJECT OR CONCEPT -- THE INFINITE IS *THE* GOD, AND *THE* GOD IS THE INFINITE. "GOD" AND "INFINITE" ARE THE SAME CONCEPT.


If "God" was just defined as the source of everything, then I could agree with you. However unlike the infinite, it is generally agreed that God:
  1. is endowed with personality
  2. has volition
  3. takes an interest in the lives and morality of humans
  4. can be petitioned by humans for particular favors

If you take away all these features, then it is no longer meaningful to call it "God".


If you take away all those features, then it would no longer be meaningful to call the INFINITE, "INFINITE" either. The lack of having those features would make it "lacking" in that perspective therefore "finite." The Infinite is Infinite from every perspective.

Yet to have a personality would imply a finite existence (character = strengths and weaknesses). Since the Infinite is Infinite from every perspective, the intelligence of the Infinite is ALL THE INFINITE INTELLIGENCE WITHIN IT. The same goes with the Energy of the Infinite, as for the personality of the Infinite it manifests itself through anything we think we see and understand of it; the Infinite Matter ( All the infinite minute particles forming infinite objects/existences which in turn dissolve back into the Infinite, infinitely).

To have a volition would imply a need. To take interests in the lives and morality of humans, to want to be worshipped and glorified would imply weakness. These characteristics would apply to a deity, an organization of BEINGS/FINITE EXISTENCES that appear to another society as God. Unless these are human conceived characteristics of God; certain things we see and understand and certain others we think we see and we misunderstand. It could very well be that The Infinite/*The God* would want us to learn through life and become better/more capable existences and serve better our current and future purpose within the Infinite (enter religion); that could explain the demand for recognition and loyalty (being worshipped, sacrificed to etc. again some thoughts, beliefs and actions are human outcomes due to our human need to show devotion and be protected...also humans have been using religion to control others for personal gain, power etc. ).

The Infinite could manifest the "Infiniteself" (for lack of a better word) through certain people and certain others would think that they spoke for the Infinite. If you believe that Christ is the representative of the Infinite to our world (one of the Infinite worlds by the way) then you can call yourself a "Christian." You can be a Christian Infinitist, a Jewish Infinitist, a Muslim Infinitist, a Budhist Infinitist, an Hindu Infinitist etc. or just an Infinitist.

The problem with Atheism is that it takes away the "Intelligence" and "Energy" part from the Infinite. Apart from Atheism not having an answer for what caused THE beginning of the beginning, it can neither answer how could Infinite matter move without Infinite energy, and how could Infinite energy be directed without Infinite intelligence; or how all this infinity came to be out of NOTHING and NOWHERE! There is an infinite gap surrounding the so called particle that bloated and exploded and caused the "Big Bang", an infinite gap stretching in all directions and Atheists choose to ignore it! I believe in Infinite actions and reactions (Big, small and medium size Bangs and everything in between and an infinite amount of them for sure) happening infinitely within a fluid infinity. Surely for the particle to bloat so much that it would have to explode it would have to gain energy or matter for somewhere else, and surely INTELLIGENCE put it there and set it going in the FIRST place; it happened as a result of an infinite chain action and reaction of energy and matter caused by something brought about by INTELLIGENCE!

Perhaps what was said to us, and what we were taught through the millennia about God, was what people understood with their finite minds about the Infinite. We humans receive and process, but also generate our own ideas. The Infinite is infinitely misunderstood! The sure thing is that the Infinite is within all energy, intelligence and matter, the Infinite is the INFINITE INTELLIGENCE,ENERGY and Matter, and all energy, intelligence and matter forms from the Infinite and dissolves into the Infinite. How else could it all come to be if not from the Infinite! From nothing NOTHING happens! Everything is only brought about from EVERYTHING (Infinite). Only the Infinite was, is and will be forever. We humans, and all objects and existences are just manifestations of the Infinite.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 am

TazAnastazio wrote:The Infinite is Infinite from every perspective.
Nope. You have to define the set of what you are calling infinite. We've been through that. If you have an infinite set that contains anything you can have "Mickey Mouse is a real mouse" or "Sherlock Holmes is a real person" mixing up fantasies with realities in the same set.

TazAnastazio wrote:The problem with Atheism is that it takes away the "Intelligence" and "Energy" part from the Infinite.
Nope. Atheism doesn't stop anyone from doing anything. Atheists, like skeptics, simply use the Scientific Method to assess what hypothesis is the most probable.

TazAnastazio wrote:Apart from Atheism not having an answer for what caused THE beginning of the beginning,
Nope. Atheism does not offer scientific hypotheses. It is scientists who offer scientific hypotheses and then the scientific method is used to assess if that hypothesis is falsified or a probable explanation.

The current scientific hypothesis for the start of the universe is Brane-String theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology


TazAnastazio wrote:There is an infinite gap surrounding the so called particle that bloated and exploded and caused the "Big Bang"
There was no "particle" and no one ever claimed that. Look up Planck's constant to understand your basic error in thinking.

TazAnastazio wrote: what we were taught through the millennia about God,
This is an atheist forum and people here, were not taught about god but rather educated about ancient primitive traditional fairy tales. This is why you are on the wrong forum. :lol:

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7642
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TJrandom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:35 am

I think by `we` he is remembering his own `me, myself, and I`. Which is fine, so long as he doesn`t include TJ, or others who object to inclusion.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:04 am

TazAnastazio wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:If "God" was just defined as the source of everything, then I could agree with you. However unlike the infinite, it is generally agreed that God:
  1. is endowed with personality
  2. has volition
  3. takes an interest in the lives and morality of humans
  4. can be petitioned by humans for particular favors
If you take away all these features, then it is no longer meaningful to call it "God".


If you take away all those features, then it would no longer be meaningful to call the INFINITE, "INFINITE" either. The lack of having those features would make it "lacking" in that perspective therefore "finite."


I disagree. All of those features are predicated on discrimination and exclusion of options. To have a volition, for example, necessarily involves choosing some courses of thought and action while refraining from others.

Yet to have a personality would imply a finite existence (character = strengths and weaknesses). Since the Infinite is Infinite from every perspective, the intelligence of the Infinite is ALL THE INFINITE INTELLIGENCE WITHIN IT.


So you agree then that the infinite can't have personality.

It could very well be that The Infinite/*The God* would want us to learn through life and become better/more capable existences and serve better our current and future purpose within the Infinite (enter religion);


Why would the infinite want anything? It is already infinite, there is nothing lacking for or about it. Furthermore the infinite can't have a personality by definition, which means it can't want this as opposed to that.

that could explain the demand for recognition and loyalty (being worshipped, sacrificed to etc. again some thoughts, beliefs and actions are human outcomes due to our human need to show devotion and be protected...also humans have been using religion to control others for personal gain, power etc. ).


These things are better explained by humans needing structure in their lives for their own collective survival and prosperity. Having a Higher Power to which everyone in society is answerable makes it easier to keep that society unified and functional; this can still be the case even if the Higher Power is fictional.

The Infinite could manifest the "Infiniteself" (for lack of a better word) through certain people and certain others would think that they spoke for the Infinite.


The infinite would have no need, let alone desire, to manifest itself through certain people. What is more likely is that certain people may attune their consciousness to the infinite.

or how all this infinity came to be out of NOTHING and NOWHERE!


What makes you think it did come out of nothing and nowhere?

Surely for the particle to bloat so much that it would have to explode it would have to gain energy or matter for somewhere else, and surely INTELLIGENCE put it there and set it going in the FIRST place


What makes you think that? What do you mean by "intelligence"? How can you have intelligence starting everything off when intelligence is inherently dependent on phenomenal existence?

it happened as a result of an infinite chain action and reaction of energy and matter caused by something brought about by INTELLIGENCE!


This sentence is nonsensical. Why would there be any need for an infinite chain of causality to be brought about by anything??

Perhaps what was said to us, and what we were taught through the millennia about God, was what people understood with their finite minds about the Infinite.


Yes, like I said, God is a mask we put on the infinite. But that is not the same as saying that God *is* the infinite.

Everything is only brought about from EVERYTHING (Infinite). Only the Infinite was, is and will be forever. We humans, and all objects and existences are just manifestations of the Infinite.


So you're essentially saying that phenomenal reality has no ultimate beginning, yes? If so, then you are effectively saying that there is no need for a Creator God. But you are also trying to escape this conclusion by equating Creation with the Creator, which doesn't really change the fact that your worldview leaves no room for anything that could meaningfully be called "God". Indeed, the "God" that you equate with the infinite sounds much more like the Tao than any kind of deity.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:
Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:If "God" was just defined as the source of everything, then I could agree with you. However unlike the infinite, it is generally agreed that God:
  1. is endowed with personality
  2. has volition
  3. takes an interest in the lives and morality of humans
  4. can be petitioned by humans for particular favors
If you take away all these features, then it is no longer meaningful to call it "God".


If you take away all those features, then it would no longer be meaningful to call the INFINITE, "INFINITE" either. The lack of having those features would make it "lacking" in that perspective therefore "finite."


I disagree. All of those features are predicated on discrimination and exclusion of options. To have a volition, for example, necessarily involves choosing some courses of thought and action while refraining from others.

Yet to have a personality would imply a finite existence (character = strengths and weaknesses). Since the Infinite is Infinite from every perspective, the intelligence of the Infinite is ALL THE INFINITE INTELLIGENCE WITHIN IT.


So you agree then that the infinite can't have personality.

It could very well be that The Infinite/*The God* would want us to learn through life and become better/more capable existences and serve better our current and future purpose within the Infinite (enter religion);


Why would the infinite want anything? It is already infinite, there is nothing lacking for or about it. Furthermore the infinite can't have a personality by definition, which means it can't want this as opposed to that.

that could explain the demand for recognition and loyalty (being worshipped, sacrificed to etc. again some thoughts, beliefs and actions are human outcomes due to our human need to show devotion and be protected...also humans have been using religion to control others for personal gain, power etc. ).


These things are better explained by humans needing structure in their lives for their own collective survival and prosperity. Having a Higher Power to which everyone in society is answerable makes it easier to keep that society unified and functional; this can still be the case even if the Higher Power is fictional.

The Infinite could manifest the "Infiniteself" (for lack of a better word) through certain people and certain others would think that they spoke for the Infinite.


The infinite would have no need, let alone desire, to manifest itself through certain people. What is more likely is that certain people may attune their consciousness to the infinite.

or how all this infinity came to be out of NOTHING and NOWHERE!


What makes you think it did come out of nothing and nowhere?

Surely for the particle to bloat so much that it would have to explode it would have to gain energy or matter for somewhere else, and surely INTELLIGENCE put it there and set it going in the FIRST place


What makes you think that? What do you mean by "intelligence"? How can you have intelligence starting everything off when intelligence is inherently dependent on phenomenal existence?

it happened as a result of an infinite chain action and reaction of energy and matter caused by something brought about by INTELLIGENCE!


This sentence is nonsensical. Why would there be any need for an infinite chain of causality to be brought about by anything??

Perhaps what was said to us, and what we were taught through the millennia about God, was what people understood with their finite minds about the Infinite.


Yes, like I said, God is a mask we put on the infinite. But that is not the same as saying that God *is* the infinite.

Everything is only brought about from EVERYTHING (Infinite). Only the Infinite was, is and will be forever. We humans, and all objects and existences are just manifestations of the Infinite.


So you're essentially saying that phenomenal reality has no ultimate beginning, yes? If so, then you are effectively saying that there is no need for a Creator God. But you are also trying to escape this conclusion by equating Creation with the Creator, which doesn't really change the fact that your worldview leaves no room for anything that could meaningfully be called "God". Indeed, the "God" that you equate with the infinite sounds much more like the Tao than any kind of deity.


Why would the infinite want anything? It is already infinite, there is nothing lacking for or about it. Furthermore the infinite can't have a personality by definition, which means it can't want this as opposed to that.

The Infinite does not "need" things. When we are talking with our finite intelligence about the Infinite we use words and expressions which are inadequate to describe the Infinite. I consider and think ( skepsi = thought, consideration, skeptic = one who considers all possibilities without nullifying any just to suit his/her purpose ) about the Infinite and try to find answers to my questions about it and this forum is one venue. I am not writing to prove my theory correct because I know I could only get as close to an infinite minute glimpse when it comes to the Infinite, and that is still overstating it. That is why I say "One thing is for sure the Infinite is within everything we think we see, the Infinite includes everything we think we see,and everything we think we see is formed by the Infinite and dissolves into the Infinite infinitely."

I have been trying to figure out:
1) Is there a God?
2) If yes how did God come to be? If no how did things described by the most accepted theory currently come to be? In simple terms what was Before the "Beginning" described by the given theory and before that? I don't have anything against ANY philosophy, but when it comes to Atheism, and any theory of cosmology so far, they leave us with the AXIOM that we do not know what was before and in the case of Atheism ...it was definitely not an intelligence causing it.
3) what is the point of life?

For lack of better explanation, the Infinite is how it is because that is how it is; a perspective could be a fluid infinity of infinite minute particles forming and deforming and constructing objects and Universes, having no empty space (I'm still considering whether nothing truly exists, or the space in between and within the particles is the Intelligence and energy part of the Infinite -- here is where things get murky). Could it be inanimate, an infinite lump just being everywhere standing still? What kind of Infinite could that be if it lacked movement and actions and reactions, formations and de-formations? Everything EXCEPT THE INFINITE has a reason for being what it is, the INFINITE SIMPLY IS THE INFINITE WAY IT IS. Everything that exists has limits ( a stage of existence = a beginning and an end ). It would be innacurate to say that the Infinite "exists," (no beginning no end, infinite inwards and outwards) it is more accurate to say that the Infinite is, was and will be forever; every existence is formed from it and de-forms in it.There is no such thing as the largest or the smallest of all in the Infinite, whether it is a shape (stage, an angle, or a sphere) matter (infinite minute particles to clusters of universes all within the Infinite) or energy (Temperature for example is the movement of particles, depending on the size and the movement of the particles (infinitely small particles, or infinitely large objects such as clusters of universes, and whoever measures said temperature the corresponding result). I am not saying that there is such a thing as infinite temperature, what I am saying is that there cannot be a situation even for a minute instant that an infinite number of infinite minute particles seized to move or that an Infinite number of objects stood still).

So the Infinite does not "need" things. ENTER RELIGION - AND THIS IS ONLY A PERSPECTIVE; Compared to the Infinite, it would not matter whether you are moral or not, whether you believe in God or not, whether you are a positive person or a negative person, whether you live or die, kill or be killed in war; if the aforementioned outcomes; your actions and those of others or what happens to you and others, would not have a negative result to a greater range within the Infinite (Society on Earth, a society of a galaxy, a cluster of galaxies etc.). If a living breathing planet, is a learning experience for a greater purpose of existence within the Infinite, and that planet is destroyed what would the affect to the greater range within the Infinite be? That is what would matter if this perspective or supposition is somewhat true. Since negativity is a natural result of existence (again the classic example of gravity without which we could not be on earth and because of it we fall and hurt ourselves) what must we do to provide for a positive counterbalance to that negativity - not because the Infinite needs it - but because WE NEED IT and the Infinite would "want" it for the benefit of greater range within the Infinite.

I considered Atheism in terms of an infinite number of intelligences, energies, and matter of various but not infinite level, amount and size, which were infinitely forming and dissolving and stretching to infinity without an all encompassing infinite Intelligence, Energy and Matter; with other words an infinity without the INFINITE. Three problems with that:

1) Such a case would not nullify civilizations in a God role over other societies, or higher levels of intelligence/existences of higher capability which would behave like a God.
2) If higher levels of intelligence/existences of higher ability then which would be the Highest and how High and capable? Since not infinite then said intelligence/existence would have eventually an end. And what was before its beginning, and after its end, other existences? Could such an infinity hold true since it was comprised by finite segments? That would be like saying a stage from 1 to 2 without any subdivisions in between. That would mean that the beginning of such an existence of higher intelligence/ability meant the end of another. That would also nullify the idea of infinite small and infinite large which in turn would nullify the idea of a unified Infinite. Could such a non-unified infinity hold true? Wouldn't we eventually reach its edges and flaws? (Here too things get murky).
3) If no God then who or what, how and why caused existence.

As a TRUE SKEPTIC, I am ready to stop thinking about and scrap a theory which took quite some time of consideration to develop, if someone could answer in better terms :

1)What was in/caused the beginning, of the beginning, of the beginning...of the beginning of the Universe/es?
2)Where the Universe/si end and what stretches beyond,and beyond,and beyond...?
3)How many times can a stage ( between 1 and 2 or rather between two 1s), be divided or multiplied; how small or big an angle or a sphere can get. What brought about the formation of the smallest particle, what does that consist of?
4)If infinity could not apply to Intelligence, Energy and matter, what caused their beginning? What would cause their end? Where would they be disposed of if from SOMETHING CANNOT COME OUT OF AN ABSOLUTE NOTHING, and SOMETHING CANNOT BE DISPOSED INTO AN ABSOLUTE NOTHING?
4)Why does everything exist?
5)What's the point of life?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29470
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:04 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:What's the point of life?

To post on message boards, duhhhh.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:25 am

TazAnastazio wrote:1)What was in/caused the beginning, of the beginning, of the beginning...of the beginning of the Universe/es?
The current hypothesis is Brane-String theory. This is the second time you have been told. You seem to have Alzheimer's disease.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:1)What was in/caused the beginning, of the beginning, of the beginning...of the beginning of the Universe/es?
The current hypothesis is Brane-String theory. This is the second time you have been told. You seem to have Alzheimer's disease.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology


1st) Thank you for posting the link - twice.
2nd) It is you who seems to forget my admittedly repetitive acknowledgement of the existence of particles; I say infinite minute particles which comprise from the Infinite forming Everything within the Infinite, infinitely. I say Infinite Intelligence directs Infinite Energy which in turn moves Infinite Matter in formation and de-formation infinitely. What say you about the * O R I G I N * of super - energy strings, and other wiggly things vibrating in limbo? And why do they vibrate? What IN *THE INFINITE* MAKES THEM VIBRATE ?

Here is a "string" out of the infinite in existence:

"...minuscule strands of energy vibrating in 11 dimensions create every particle and force in the universe..."

( http://www.briangreene.org/portfolio/ma ... ng-theory/ )

Problem 1
Miniscule ( nothing smaller = finite ) strands of energy = Finite existence -- what was before, how they came to be? How their "vibration" creates particles, and why they have to vibrate and of course what makes them vibrate (from where do they get the energy to do so )? Why strings, and not the vibrating tentacles of minuscule MULTIPUS type of spaghetti tiny monsters - The " Tiny Vibrating Tenticle of Multipus Spaghetti Monster Theory" with other words.

Problem 2
They vibrate and "CREATE every particle" (matter), "and force" (energy); how about INTELLIGENCE, what causes that!

Problem 3
I rather not even get to the rather small, fixed and finite number of 11 "dimensions!" Back to pseudo - science 301 ( 201 - Time Travel - TIME DOES NOT EXIST; behavior of objects travelling in the speed of light relative to the position of an observer - THEY ARE INVISIBLE, they don't yield a different result relative to position of observer ( further more a person travelling with the speed of light would only be able to observe a warping mixture of streaming light and colors abreast and forward with all warping flushing him on his face - light imidiately infront of light traveler will him/her with double the speed); pseudoscience - 101potential and kinetic energy - the only energy stored is the one metabolized, or in terms of fuel, or electricity; all other so called energy is the outcome of mechanics resulting from the use of ATP, fuel, electricity).

How can there be dimensions when there is nothing flat in the universe for you can keep on dividing infinitely and you can pass through the pores of every surface along the way; such "flatness" comprising by the curvature of spherical particles! There are no "Membranes" in the Universes but refractions of light diffracting, bending and warping the A P P E A R A N C E of an enormously vast area of space!

There is really the obvious problem with constants when it comes to the Infinite. Light on earth has been measured at 186,000 miles / sec. Has anybody done a similar experiment in the depths of a sea, how about in the whirlpool of a black hole. Couldn't infinitely minute particles perhaps travel or vibrate in infinite speeds? Why 11 dimensions and not infinite "dimensions."

But if we do accept the "membranes / 'flying carpets' - Brian actually calls them that" in space where minuscule strands of energy down vibrate on their own and generate by MERE VIBRATION particles (out of nowhere) the theory still has no answer on who or what formed them there and who or what put THEM there to form them there and so on to infinity.

I hope neither of us Mr. Ellard ever has to deal personally with Alzeimer's, but it was you a few years ago who defended The Big Bang theory against my theory of infinite minute particles forming and deforming infinitely from the Infinite (infinite Energy/Matter/Intelligence) which in turn form ALL MATTER, ENERGY AND INTELLIGENCE we can observe (or we think we observe). It is you now who defends the string theory against my theory of Infinitism; and in the future you may come up with another theory to bring up against mine. If that theory does not include the word "infinite" in it, or better yet has the Infinite in its core, it will fall infinitely short.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Poodle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:21 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:...I hope neither of us Mr. Ellard ever has to deal personally with Alzeimer's, but it was you a few years ago ...

Jesus wept! You've kept this going for YEARS? Do you get temporary release to visit home?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19798
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:40 pm

I say infinite minute particles which comprise from the Infinite forming Everything within the Infinite, infinitely. I say Infinite Intelligence directs Infinite Energy which in turn moves Infinite Matter in formation and de-formation infinitely.


I say you're just another woomeister. :roll:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Solution To The Misery

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:27 am

A bottomless and infinite ignore function. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:48 am

TazAnastazio wrote: It is you who seems to forget my admittedly repetitive acknowledgement of the existence of particles;
No. Five years I explained to you that the singularity at the beginning of the universe was not a particle or particles. You still think it is today.

We have another member called Maunus who is also posting his "theory of the universe", and also invoking the magic of infinity . He doesn't understand that the big bang created space itself.

I suggest you join forces with him. That way you two can entertain each other and check each other's work.

:D
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21768&hilit=maunas&start=240

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: It is you who seems to forget my admittedly repetitive acknowledgement of the existence of particles;
No. Five years I explained to you that the singularity at the beginning of the universe was not a particle or particles. You still think it is today.

We have another member called Maunus who is also posting his "theory of the universe", and also invoking the magic of infinity . He doesn't understand that the big bang created space itself.

I suggest you join forces with him. That way you two can entertain each other and check each other's work.

:D
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21768&hilit=maunas&start=240


Are you serious man! In what way does my theory bear any resemblance to, and I'm paraphrasing, "space constricting and changing to time" and vice versa, or "negative" universe "dark" matter and other fairy tails which would compare better to so called "singularity", "time travel", "super strings", "flying carpets/membranes of universe" and such other NONSENSE barely surpassed in lack of substance, other than a venue of entertainment,by the "1001 NIGHTS" STORIES AND GRIMM'S FAIRY TALES!

I am not even going to point any more the obvious fact that you still have NO THEORY that explains how we got to what you call a "singularity" which actually Hawkins at least called "an infinite singularity", let's suppose an infinite piece of infinity which may have expanded by means of absorbing energy (from the rest of the Infinite) and broke apart. So what! That would be a SINGULAR event out of the infinite happening constantly within the Infinite. It was not the beginning BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING when it comes to the Infinite nor there is an END (again back to how can you get something out of an absolute nothing and nowhere and dispose it off into an absolute nowhere and nothing)! Many issues such as this, which YOU STILL ATTEMPT TO DODGE BY RESOLVING TO FUTILE DEBATING MANEUVERS AND CIRCUMNAVIGATING OF THE ISSUES, by utilizing a strategy of referring to scientific personalities (and not so in the case of Maunus, to say the least), to hide the abundantly and crystal clear problems with the theories you refer to, and the infinitely enormous gaps they have, by trying to make my arguments appear baseless and silly and blur the silliness of the theories you are supporting.
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Unifying lunatics to save time

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:35 am

Matthew invites Taz Anastazio, who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to join Maunus who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to create a 100% super-bat-shit crazy explanation for the universe. Sadly Tax Anastazio is not interested


TazAnastazio wrote:Are you serious man! In what way does my theory bears any resemblance to.....
The total absence of logic, any supporting evidence, scientific citations or anything remotely coherent. That, and that you are both posting your insane work on a skeptic forum. :D

TazAnastazio wrote:I am not even point the obvious that you still have NO THEORY that explains how we got to what you call a "singularity"
I have now linked you to Brane-String Theory three times. Are you saying you have not read any of it or that you simply can't understand any basic mathematics? :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Unifying lunatics to save time

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:48 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Matthew invites Taz Anastazio, who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to join Maunus who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to create a 100% super-bat-shit crazy explanation for the universe. Sadly Tax Anastazio is not interested

The Skeptics Society Forum is proud to present...
Celebrity Wooist Death Match!
:duel:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26775
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Unifying lunatics to save time

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:11 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:The Skeptics Society Forum is proud to present...
Celebrity Wooist Death Match!
:duel:


I wish it was that easy. Sadly there a really odd "woo" rule that prevents this.

The "wooists" will never, ever, in anyway engage in conversation with other "wooists". They will not tolerate anyone else, getting their attention, from normal people.

We have two Seth cult members (Gorgeous and Caleb and previously Barrie). At no point will they engage in conversation with each other. Indeed Gorgeous is currently posting her Seth cult propaganda in every topic other than the Seth thread.

I think it is the same reason why you don't get winos on the street yelling at each other, but only yelling at normal pedestrians.
:lol:

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29470
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 am

TazAnastazio wrote:...which actually Hawkins at least called "an infinite singularity"....

Redundancy detected.

Behold!

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physic ... y-beginner

A singularity means a point where some property is infinite.

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae251.cfm

When a physicist refers to a singularity he or she is generally referring to a quantity which is infinite.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

TazAnastazio
Poster
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 am

Re: Unifying lunatics to save time

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Matthew invites Taz Anastazio, who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to join Maunus who has an insane explanation for the existence of the universe to create a 100% super-bat-shit crazy explanation for the universe. Sadly Tax Anastazio is not interested


TazAnastazio wrote:Are you serious man! In what way does my theory bears any resemblance to.....
The total absence of logic, any supporting evidence, scientific citations or anything remotely coherent. That, and that you are both posting your insane work on a skeptic forum. :D

TazAnastazio wrote:I am not even point the obvious that you still have NO THEORY that explains how we got to what you call a "singularity"
I have now linked you to Brane-String Theory three times. Are you saying you have not read any of it or that you simply can't understand any basic mathematics? :lol:


Ok, Mathew, :katana: I'LL MAKE IT REEEALLYYY SIMPLE AND REEEALLYYY EEEASSYYY FOR YOU. Since so complicated for you questions such as "What brought about the existence of the singularity/Brane Strings and what was before that and before that and so on..."; with other words, what was in the beginning of the beginning and so on...of The Beginning; since questions such as these are TOO DIFICULT FOR YOU TO ANSWER and seem to confuse you, perplex you and bewilder you, and send you surfing the web for "citations" :posting: ( because either you prefer not to, or perhaps you lack the ability to follow a logical path and a step by step reasoning to dispute an argument on your own, or reach a conclusion of your own ) ; can you, claiming to be so logical, and coherent, and well educated in "Maths"; a "Real" Skeptic as you say, who responds (futilely) to arguments by referring to "scientific citations" and personalities; answer (correctly) the following multiple choice item ( question ) ?

The "super strings/strands" or the "singularity" :

a) Always existed/were (was) present.
b) Nothing else existed/was present prior to their/its existence or presence.
c) Something else existed/was present that led to their/its existence or presence.
d) All of the above.
e) None of the above.


Please don't insult EVERYBODY'S INTELLIGENCE by referring to other citations, or answering with the get-away cliché "I can't explain it to you because you don't know the math." After all, you just claimed that a person with basic knowledge of math can understand the Brane -String theory !

Your buddies in your "friends list" can chime in all they like, in answering the above "Multiple Choice" question. At any rate, how difficult can a Multiple Choice question be ?

Before you claim that someone has shot himself/herself in the foot, make sure you are not pointing a loaded rifle at your own foot, holding it by the trigger; or worse :budo: -- :beach:
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:01 am, edited 9 times in total.


Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest