The Solution To The Mystery

God, the FSM, and everything else.
TazAnastazio
Poster

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ...if there was no such thing as time, the universe would be over as soon as it started.

Explain, why.

Answer CLEARLY and CONCRETELY how in your opinion we can have a dimensional time with past, present and a future which is not pre - existing.

By the way, how did you realise that time had stopped when you last visited the center of a black hole ?

Finally ANSWER THE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION I POSTED, AND QUIT DODGING IT LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO WHEN YOU ARE PUSHED IN THE CORNER, HIDING BEHIND IRRELEVANT STATEMENTS OF VARIOUS PERSONALITIES AND IRRELEVANT INFORMATION !

I realise I have pissed you off more than a lot of people, because despite of the clutter of scientific jumble in your brain, and your education in Maths (as you once declared), YOU CAN'T ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS a 12 year old would. I don't want you to cry foul to your buddies ( "the only reason we allow you to post..."). Besides my time is limited and precious to waste it talking to a brick wall.

You just have to have the last word, even if it just plain old BS !

My objective here has already been accomplished.

If you want to not be ignored and declare that I am avoiding your feeble attempts to make a concrete point, then...

A) I assume that you (or others) are not that bothered by my positions and arguments in their support.

B) REFRAIN FROM USING DEGRADING EPITHETS TO DODGE QUESTIONS AND INSULT MINE AND EVERYBODY ELSE'S INTELLIGENCE.

AND DO ANSWER THE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION, and quit the cheap lawyer tactics to avoid answering questions, or giving a truly BS answer. At best you seem like a person who having nothing else to say, just shouts. Or like an animal which when pushed in the corner knocks its noggin on the walls of its confinement. Worse you sound like a possessed maniac.
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
These concepts are certainly true :
The Infinite is the reason for all existence and phenomena; while the future does not exist, it is the most precious thing of all ! While the ultimate positivity achievable would be the ideal, between negative choices, the best is the less negative one ! Humanity should always strive to counterbalance the emerging property of existence, negativity; with positivity.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 am

I answered your multi choice question clearly and unambiguously. It is very simple. We do not know. No intelligent and rational person will give an answer to that, other than we do not know. Only an idiot tries to answer questions for which the answer has not been discovered.

The statement that ignorance means God simply shows that the idiot making that statement is indeed a humongous moron.

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:51 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:I answered your multi choice question clearly and unambiguously. It is very simple. We do not know. No intelligent and rational person will give an answer to that, other than we do not know. Only an idiot tries to answer questions for which the answer has not been discovered.

The statement that ignorance means God simply shows that the idiot making that statement is indeed a humongous moron.

Lance, yes you did. And answered wrongly, but did answer. Mat - thew evaded all this time altogether (as far as I remember, I am not going to scroll up eight pages, maybe he can remind me of it).

In regards to the proof you asked about "c" being the true answer.

Have you ever heard of anything to which something else did not lead ? Why would singularity be the sole "singular" exception ?

As for the fact we don't know what lead to it, once we have established the obvious that something MUST have lead to it, meaning that God did it or not, it may as well depend on your definition of what the term "God" means.
The Infinite is the reason for all existence and phenomena; while the future does not exist, it is the most precious thing of all ! While the ultimate positivity achievable would be the ideal, between negative choices, the best is the less negative one ! Humanity should always strive to counterbalance the emerging property of existence, negativity; with positivity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

More insane religious claims

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 am

TazAnastazio wrote:GOD IS THE INFINITE AND THE INFINITE IS GOD
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22197#p379351
TazAnastazio wrote:THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME
Matthew Ellard wrote: ...if there was no such thing as time, the universe would be over as soon as it started.
TazAnastazio wrote:Explain, why.
Because all potential possibilities would occur instantaneously.

You're a bit thick, aren't you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TazAnastazio wrote:I realise I have pissed you off more than a lot of people,
No, I'm laughing at you. So is everyone else on the forum. You are now funnier than Steve Klinko who is claiming human consciousness went back in time to start the Big Bang.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27982&start=1280

Name one forum member who takes your religious delusions seriously?
:lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:03 am

TazAnastazio wrote: Have you ever heard of anything to which something else did not lead ?
Quantum Fluctuation. The most common example is half life decay. Half life decay cannot be predicted in any one atom's isotope. It can only be predicted as an average time by observing all isotopes. It defies causation

Again, this is basic high school physics and you, Taz Anastazio, don't know what "Half life decay" or an "isotope" is as you never went to high school.

TazAnastazio wrote:Why would singularity be the sole "singular" exception ?
It is not the only exception you complete idiot. It is any event that can occur due to Quantum Fluctuation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"In quantum physics, a quantum fluctuation (or vacuum state fluctuation or vacuum fluctuation) is the temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space, as explained in Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. This allows the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs of virtual particles."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

You really are a total idiot for not doing some basic reading first. :lol: :lol:

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote: Have you ever heard of anything to which something else did not lead ?
Quantum Fluctuation. The most common example is half life decay. Half life decay cannot be predicted in any one atom's isotope. It can only be predicted as an average time by observing all isotopes. It defies causation

Again, this is basic high school physics and you, Taz Anastazio, don't know what "Half life decay" or an "isotope" is as you never went to high school.

TazAnastazio wrote:Why would singularity be the sole "singular" exception ?
It is not the only exception you complete idiot. It is any event that can occur due to Quantum Fluctuation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"In quantum physics, a quantum fluctuation (or vacuum state fluctuation or vacuum fluctuation) is the temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space, as explained in Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. This allows the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs of virtual particles."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

You really are a total idiot for not doing some basic reading first. :lol: :lol:

You fully bear the characteristics of a laughable idiot ! I start feeling sorry for you ! You seem to have spent years perusing Sci-fi books and you are beginning to loose your marbles ! Does that remind you of someone ? :quix:

You are STILL missing the point ! NONE OF THE ABOVE EXAMPLES YOU BROUGHT, STARTED FROM ABSOLUTE, TOTAL, COMPLETE, NOTHINGNESS !

THERE IS ALWAYS A CONNECTION, ACTION AND REACTION, CAUSE AND EFFECT !

Are you suggesting that we have the singularity the Big Bang and expansion and then the reverse in an infinite cycle ? That we have anti - matter, singularity, matter in an endless cycle ? At some point the universe expansion would stop ! What lies beyond ? To what extend ? We can't have an infinite expansion in matter ? We can't have a shrinkage that started from infinity in anti - matter went through the singularity and now is our universe !

You could have infinite antimatter Universes breaking apart to infinitely minute particles of antimater ( or even just minute particles), switching in turn to infinite minute particles of matter ( or just minute particles), and form into Infinite Universes of matter; and infinite Universes of matter breaking apart to Infinite minute particles of matter and switch to infinitely minute particles of antimatter which in turn form infinite Universes of antimater etc.

Even a 12 year old knows you simply CANNOT GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING ! To believe otherwise is PREPOSTEROUS !

...Then there is always the elephant in the room, the thorn in your paw :

YOU CAN'T GET INTELLIGENCE OUT OF NOTHING ! AND YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHAT INFINITE INTELLIGENCE MEANS ! ( or even just superior intelligence compared to the human intelligence ) !
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 am

I've slept and my head doesn't hurt any longer. In my absence, I see that Taz has decided that the answer to life, the universe and everything is 'c', which has the advantage of being half the size of '42'. Thanks for saving a lot of printing ink and a small amount of bandwidth, Taz - you are a hero of the cosmos.
OK - back to the comedy show for me. What has dear old Taz been saying overnight. eh? Back soon, I feel, with more little quips - at least when I've worked out why Taz feels the the future is entirely determinable.
Oh - I nearly pressed the 'post' button before I saw that Taz is just now denying the existence of quantum fluctuation. This should be fun!!!

EDIT: I think that this exception to normal stuff should be termed Preposterosity. He may get a Nobel out of this, so I'm claiming baggsies on the term.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 am

Poodle wrote:EDIT: I think that this exception to normal stuff should be termed Preposterosity. He may get a Nobel out of this, so I'm claiming baggsies on the term.

He'll have to share it with the Rumpster!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:13 am

You could have infinite antimatter Universes breaking apart to infinitely minute particles of antimater ( or even just minute particles), switching in turn to infinite minute particles of matter ( or just minute particles), and form into Infinite Universes of matter; and infinite Universes of matter breaking apart to Infinite minute particles of matter and switch to infinitely minute particles of antimatter which in turn form infinite Universes of antimater etc., etc.

Now my PHILOSOPHY on cosmology is COMPLETE !
I leave the in between details to the scientists.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:16 am

Eh? What?
Is this the most concise declaration of utter effin' stupidity ever??
Come back, Taz - we haven't finished our game yet!

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 am

You need a scientist? Hang on, I've got one handy.

So much for that "complete philosophy".
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:28 am

[quote="TazAnastazio"]You could have infinite antimatter Universes (whoah, Neddy - plural infinities?) breaking apart to infinitely minute particles of antimater (What has my Mum ever done to you?) ( or even just minute particles), switching in turn to infinite minute particles of matter ( or just minute particles ), and form into Infinite Universes (there you go again with your plural infinities) of matter; and infinite Universes of matter breaking apart to Infinite minute particles of matter and switch to infinitely minute particles of antimatter which in turn form infinite Universes of antimater (Look! I've already told you to leave my Mum out of this!) etc., etc.

I leave the in between details to the scientists. (Thought you might). /quote]

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 am

TazAnastazio wrote:You seem to have spent years perusing Sci-fi books
Nope I studied organic chemistry and mathematics at university to enrol in the radio-carbon dating modules in Anthropological Prehistory. You didn't even go to high school. :lol: :lol:

TazAnastazio wrote:THERE IS ALWAYS A CONNECTION, ACTION AND REACTION, CAUSE AND EFFECT !
Absolute nonsense. Explain radioactive decay in a single atom to us, using your religious "infinities of infinities theory"? There is no cause for an isotope to decay when it does. This is due to quantum fluctuations which you refuse to read about and never studied in school. :lol: :lol:

Physicists observe weird quantum fluctuations of empty space
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/10/ ... pace-maybe
"Thanks to the uncertainty principle, the vacuum buzzes with particle-antiparticle pairs popping in and out of existence. They include, among many others, electron-positron pairs and pairs of photons, which are their own antiparticles."

TazAnastazio wrote:Even a 12 year old knows you simply CANNOT GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING
Not only do physicists observe virtual particles propping in and out of vacuums, it is how TVs work. :lol: :lol:

Why do you deny experiments from the 1940's that show this happening? Is it because you are religious?
medieval monk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:38 am

I think Taz is trying to resign, Matthew. The question now is will his somewhat overextended ego allow him to get out while he's only a mile behind.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:43 am

Poodle wrote: I saw that Taz is just now denying the existence of quantum fluctuation. This should be fun!!!

Taz Anastazio also denies gravity lensing. (light being bent around high mass objects, due to Einstein's special relativity) even though this has been filmed back in the 1940s. :lol:

Taz Anastazio also denies time exists despite asking for more time to complete his religious "infinities of infinities theory. :lol:

Taz Anastazio also denies special relativity despite the fact every GPS has to factor in 57 microsecond loss per year as satellites are further away from earth's mass than GPS receivers. :lol:

I don't think poor Taz has ever been let out of his mum's basement. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 am

Poodle wrote:I think Taz is trying to resign, Matthew. The question now is will his somewhat overextended ego allow him to get out while he's only a mile behind.
I'm hoping to keep him going for as long as Zeuzzz. Zeuzzz had a "complete theory" as to how humans developed intelligence by eating magic mushrooms. After three years , Zeuzzz still refused to actually write it down. It was heaps of fun teasing Zeuzzz. :lol:

Here is Taz Anastazio's original attempt to argue for god on the forum in 2009 and 2013 / Enjoy
viewtopic.php?t=22197#p379351

TazAnastazio wrote:"Since the Bible states that we were created according to God’s image (according to the image that God chose for human type of species to have), then the inhabitants of other planets would have similar image with ourselves, a uniform orderly image that God chose for them, any other form that would drastically deviate from God’s image ( our image ) , as for example species with animal like and even monstrous features as portrayed in sci-fi works of fiction, would bear the question of whether those beings are part of a group of beings of an already higher level of existence, that chose directly or indirectly to separate itself from the Infinite God (by means of choosing to follow God’s directions and serve the purpose of their existence within the Infinite, or not, as the example in Genesis of the 1/3 of the Angels who rebelled against God and were cast out from heaven shows), they could of course evolve an altered image by means of misusing technology (radioactivity), if God had allow for their species to exist for that long of a time interval after He had sent them His messenger (every human level of existence would have received the messenger of God at a similar time interval within their evolution)"

TazAnastazio wrote:GOD IS THE INFINITE AND THE INFINITE IS GOD God is the Infinite; the Infinite Intelligence, Matter and Energy (this idea is perhaps what the meanings of “Father”, “Son” and “Holy Spirit” may also symbolize)"

This is his best work. Bad Angels are radioactive!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TazAnastazio wrote:the Infinite God (by means of choosing to follow God’s directions and serve the purpose of their existence within the Infinite, or not, as the example in Genesis of the 1/3 of the Angels who rebelled against God and were cast out from heaven shows), they could of course evolve an altered image by means of misusing technology (radioactivity)

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 am

Ahhhh. I must have missed that when I was pursuing the meaning of L, the U, and E, which I do on most days with a 'Y' in them. Do you think that, perhaps, the Taz who said that he underwent a miraculous conversion in some desert or other (like Brisbane - sorry, but every country has a Brisbane, y'know?) and suddenly became an overnight super-duper cosmologist? Stranger things have happened - but I think we've seen the last of him.
Having said that, I would be SOOOOOOOOO pleased if he returned - he's so much fun.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: More insane religious claims

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 am

Hey Taz........here are photos of gravitational lensing taking place. You deny gravitational lensing is real, as you claim Einstein was wrong. Do you think the skeptics on this forum faked the photos with NASA? :lol: :lol:
gravitational lensing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 am

Poodle wrote:.......but I think we've seen the last of him. Having said that, I would be SOOOOOOOOO pleased if he returned - he's so much fun.

I think he should join forces with Steve Klinko (the forum's other mad person, arguing that human consciousness went back in time, to cause the big bang, to allow human consciousness to evolve....so human consciousness could go back in time to cause the big bang....to allow human consciousness to evolve.....)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27982&start=1280#p648872

Together, they could formulate a real bat-shit crazy theory for god.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:27 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:You could have infinite antimatter Universes breaking apart to infinitely minute particles of antimater ( or even just minute particles), switching in turn to infinite minute particles of matter ( or just minute particles), and form into Infinite Universes of matter; and infinite Universes of matter breaking apart to Infinite minute particles of matter and switch to infinitely minute particles of antimatter which in turn form infinite Universes of antimater etc., etc.

I leave the in between details to the scientists.

10 points for each statement along the lines of "I'm not good at math, but my theory is conceptually right, so all I need is for someone to express it in terms of equations".

The Crackpot Index
John Baez
A simple method for rating potentially revolutionary contributions to physics:
A -5 point starting credit.
1 point for every statement that is widely agreed on to be false.
2 points for every statement that is clearly vacuous.
3 points for every statement that is logically inconsistent.
5 points for each such statement that is adhered to despite careful correction.
5 points for using a thought experiment that contradicts the results of a widely accepted real experiment.
5 points for each word in all capital letters (except for those with defective keyboards).
5 points for each mention of "Einstien", "Hawkins" or "Feynmann".
10 points for each claim that quantum mechanics is fundamentally misguided (without good evidence).
10 points for pointing out that you have gone to school, as if this were evidence of sanity.
10 points for beginning the description of your theory by saying how long you have been working on it. (10 more for emphasizing that you worked on your own.)
10 points for mailing your theory to someone you don't know personally and asking them not to tell anyone else about it, for fear that your ideas will be stolen.
10 points for offering prize money to anyone who proves and/or finds any flaws in your theory.
10 points for each new term you invent and use without properly defining it.
10 points for each statement along the lines of "I'm not good at math, but my theory is conceptually right, so all I need is for someone to express it in terms of equations".
10 points for arguing that a current well-established theory is "only a theory", as if this were somehow a point against it.
10 points for arguing that while a current well-established theory predicts phenomena correctly, it doesn't explain "why" they occur, or fails to provide a "mechanism".
10 points for each favorable comparison of yourself to Einstein, or claim that special or general relativity are fundamentally misguided (without good evidence).
10 points for claiming that your work is on the cutting edge of a "paradigm shift".
20 points for emailing me and complaining about the crackpot index. (E.g., saying that it "suppresses original thinkers" or saying that I misspelled "Einstein" in item 8.)
20 points for suggesting that you deserve a Nobel prize.
20 points for each favorable comparison of yourself to Newton or claim that classical mechanics is fundamentally misguided (without good evidence).
20 points for every use of science fiction works or myths as if they were fact.
20 points for defending yourself by bringing up (real or imagined) ridicule accorded to your past theories.
20 points for naming something after yourself. (E.g., talking about the "The Evans Field Equation" when your name happens to be Evans.)
20 points for talking about how great your theory is, but never actually explaining it.
20 points for each use of the phrase "hidebound reactionary".
20 points for each use of the phrase "self-appointed defender of the orthodoxy".
30 points for suggesting that a famous figure secretly disbelieved in a theory which he or she publicly supported. (E.g., that Feynman was a closet opponent of special relativity, as deduced by reading between the lines in his freshman physics textbooks.)
30 points for suggesting that Einstein, in his later years, was groping his way towards the ideas you now advocate.
30 points for claiming that your theories were developed by an extraterrestrial civilization (without good evidence).
30 points for allusions to a delay in your work while you spent time in an asylum, or references to the psychiatrist who tried to talk you out of your theory.
40 points for comparing those who argue against your ideas to Nazis, stormtroopers, or brownshirts.
40 points for claiming that the "scientific establishment" is engaged in a "conspiracy" to prevent your work from gaining its well-deserved fame, or suchlike.
40 points for comparing yourself to Galileo, suggesting that a modern-day Inquisition is hard at work on your case, and so on.
40 points for claiming that when your theory is finally appreciated, present-day science will be seen for the sham it truly is. (30 more points for fantasizing about show trials in which scientists who mocked your theories will be forced to recant.)
50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Io
Poster

Postby Io » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Does having a total equalling Avogadro's constant count for anything?

Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Postby Angel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Please forgive me but that was way too long to read.
The infinite ~ it is what God is made from.
You have to see it to understand it. It's there yet it appears not to be there. Both good and evil.
Visible and invisible depending on the temperature. From the beginning speck of w/e
everything is made of ~ to everything that exists. You can see forms of it in varying stages of structure.
If this place weren't so lame I could show you more. So please forgive me as I just keep trying.

:)
Final Warning *bell rings*
Next step ~ names ~ addresses ~ ID's
They will know you
as I am known. I 4 a I lol
Has A Nice Day :lol: <3

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Folks, why would I leave !? I am enjoying picking on your over - educated, over - stuffed with random information brains. Some of you like Mat - thew are a great example that even educated people's intelligence, is compartamentalized. You can be a well educated person, even a scientist, and still be as dumb as they come in some sectors ( socially for example ). Only a dumb person would believe that not just all he / she sees but can grasp with his / her imagination could possibly come from an absolute, total, complete, utter, non - dimensional nothingness. Believing in the concept of time travel adds to that conclusion.

Mat in order to score a point, resolves to cheap lawyer tactics, such as comparing what I wrote with other people, such as the guy who wrote about eating mushrooms etc. To that I'll say, Mat I can tell you with absolute certainty, I have NEVER EVER, NOT EVEN HALF A TIME, experimented with any drugs ( I include pot, hashish, or what have you other MIND FUNCTION ALTERING SUBSTANCES ) ! I don't even smoke ( I drink a lagger once in a while, that's about it, in fact I watch my nutrition judiciously and excercise as often as I can). CAN YOU CLAIM THE SAME ?

In regards to my religious perspective Mat - thew refers to, in order to muddle my philosophic one and cast doubt on my philosophic intentions in this thread, all it proves is all I was saying all along. If you come to thinking of it from a certain perspective, a persons religion does not contradict, science or philosophy and vice versa.

As for my theory being complete I have already explained that, but the statement was two fold this time. See, I was stumbling upon the fluidity within the Infinity if there was not such a thing as an Infinite nothing to accompany an Infinite everything, and if that was the case, how could it be then to have an Infinite, if the existence of the one nullified the existence of the other ( see opening post ). The concept of an Infinite anti-matter, accompanying an Infinite matter, solves that paradox.

In regards to having to do the math to prove my theory of the existence of the Infinite, what for?! IT HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY !

In regards to my education I went as far as money could get me ( and studied pretty much ever subject ). Maybe in the future I'll continue. Meantime, whenever I have the chance, I study calculus and work my way through University Physics and brush up on Chemistry and Biology. I am about to start on a textbook in Cosmology. I also like to read on economics, politics and sociology.

I also play the guitar ( both electric and accoustic ) on what is left of my limitted spare time, and read classic literature and Westerns.

So see, between working, paying bills and taking care of other things, I am a pretty busy person.
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:
Monster wrote:I believe the opening poster called the Atheist Experience podcast show and spoke about his infinity ideas. I’ll look for the show and paste it in this thread.

Please do, I'll be curious to know that other person's perhaps similar approach to the argument. I've never called any show.

Here's Isaiah from Hawaii talking to Russell Glasser and Katilyn Pulcher. The time he speaks is from 13:56 to 29:30.

I apologize, TazAnastazio, but I haven't read all of your text within this thread. I noticed that you like infinity a lot, and the caller in the show talks about infinity a lot, and he reminded me of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2No-egxCaM

The episode in question is from 2018-5-27.

http://www.atheist-experience.com/archive/
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Monster wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:
Monster wrote:I believe the opening poster called the Atheist Experience podcast show and spoke about his infinity ideas. I’ll look for the show and paste it in this thread.

Please do, I'll be curious to know that other person's perhaps similar approach to the argument. I've never called any show.

Here's Isaiah from Hawaii talking to Russell Glasser and Katilyn Pulcher. The time he speaks is from 13:56 to 29:30.

I apologize, TazAnastazio, but I haven't read all of your text within this thread. I noticed that you like infinity a lot, and the caller in the show talks about infinity a lot, and he reminded me of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2No-egxCaM

The episode in question is from 2018-5-27.

http://www.atheist-experience.com/archive/

No problem, thanks for the link. I'll check it out after work.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:... So see, between working, paying bills and taking care of other things, I am a pretty busy person.

No friends, then.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:In regards to my education I went as far as money could get me ( and studied pretty much ever subject ). Maybe in the future I'll continue. Meantime, whenever I have the chance, I study calculus and work my way through University Physics and brush up on Chemistry and Biology. I am about to start on a textbook in Cosmology. I also like to read on economics, politics and sociology.

How is it you are "about" to start a textbook? Is it all in your head, you just have to write it up?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 pm

I highly doubt Taz is a polymath.

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Lausten wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:In regards to my education I went as far as money could get me ( and studied pretty much ever subject ). Maybe in the future I'll continue. Meantime, whenever I have the chance, I study calculus and work my way through University Physics and brush up on Chemistry and Biology. I am about to start on a textbook in Cosmology. I also like to read on economics, politics and sociology.

How is it you are "about" to start a textbook? Is it all in your head, you just have to write it up?

You have totally misunderstood me. If I was to write something up, it would be in a form of a novel, like "Les Miserables." But that would reqire a good plot, and lots of time, neither of which I have.

I meant I am about to start reading a textbook on cosmology, something more detailed oriented than Carl Sagan's. You see, what Mat has not understood yet or pretends to not understand is my true intentions of writing up my thoughts here.

Carl Sagan's book has been an inspiration to me. In Greece, being a country like Itally were religion has a stronghold on the consciousness of the citizens, they did not teach astronomy extensively back then in school ( barely a reference in physics - relativity was a chapter of a high school textbook or a few paragraphs I am not sure which we didn't get into but read on my own - unless I imagine you had chosen a specific branch of studies during the last two years of highschool ), yet they teach religion in every single school year ( from the last 3 - 4 classes of elementaru school ). Needless to say, I was quite ignorant in regards to astronomy till I aced that astronomy class in 1994 - it wasn't hard I had to read the whole textbook, watch 6 or 7 videotapes and take a few exams... ( prior to that class I didn't know that the sun is actually a star, that there are trillions and trillions of stars, thousands and thousand of times more powerful than our own, that such a star could sustain thousands and thousand of Earths, which made me think " How many times would take Christ to die on the cross to save all the inhabitants of all those planets from their sins ?! " ). I had become an agnostic for a while ... to be continued...

I should propably start a new thread at this point calling it : " The Infinite, in search of the Ultimate Truth ! " but I don't have time for all that...
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:I highly doubt Taz is a polymath.

Would you like to see my college transcript, I have about 250 college credits covering pretty much any subject ( Aviation maintenance, health care, IT, Business, Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy you name it, it's propably there, plus I have worked in a variety of fields : health care, aviation maintenance, hospitality,restaurant, transportation, retail, military - Operation I F 2004, construction...). I've been a busy man.
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Lausten wrote:The Crackpot Index
John Baez
A simple method for rating potentially revolutionary contributions to physics

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Have you tried adding up TazAnastazio's score yet?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Holy crap!

Angel wrote:Please forgive me but that was way too long to read.
The infinite ~ it is what God is made from.
You have to see it to understand it. It's there yet it appears not to be there. Both good and evil.
Visible and invisible depending on the temperature. From the beginning speck of w/e
everything is made of ~ to everything that exists. You can see forms of it in varying stages of structure.
If this place weren't so lame I could show you more. So please forgive me as I just keep trying.
TazAnastazio wrote:Folks, why would I leave !? I am enjoying picking on your over - educated, over - stuffed with random information brains. Some of you like Mat - thew are a great example that even educated people's intelligence, is compartamentalized. You can be a well educated person, even a scientist, and still be as dumb as they come in some sectors ( socially for example ). Only a dumb person would believe that not just all he / she sees but can grasp with his / her imagination could possibly come from an absolute, total, complete, utter, non - dimensional nothingness. Believing in the concept of time travel adds to that conclusion...So see, between working, paying bills and taking care of other things, I am a pretty busy person.

Angel posted, and I couldn't tell it wasn't TazAnastazio! :shock:
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:35 pm

TazAnastazio wrote:

Would you like to see my college transcript, I have about 250 college credits covering pretty much any subject ( Aviation, health care, IT, Business, you name it, it's propably there, plus I have worked in a variety of fields : health care, aviation, hospitality, transportation, retail, military, construction). I've been a busy man.

Go ahead. Show me. It’s time to {!#%@} or get off the pot.

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
TazAnastazio wrote:

Would you like to see my college transcript, I have about 250 college credits covering pretty much any subject ( Aviation, health care, IT, Business, you name it, it's propably there, plus I have worked in a variety of fields : health care, aviation, hospitality, transportation, retail, military, construction). I've been a busy man.

Go ahead. Show me. It’s time to {!#%@} or get off the pot.

If I wanted to lie Cad, I would have said something along the lines " I took science classes 300 level and above..." Which I didn't say. What I said is the truth, and it is not a big deal anyway !
Last edited by TazAnastazio on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:29 pm

So, you haven't taken any science classes level 300 and above?

Sounding more and more like a sports scholarship to me....
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TazAnastazio
Poster

Postby TazAnastazio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:40 pm

Gord wrote:So, you haven't taken any science classes level 300 and above?

Sounding more and more like a sports scholarship to me....

I'm a philosopher Gord; I'm working on my high level science stuff though, I thought we had already established that !

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:47 pm

I take it post grad work has moved into the 300 series of classes? When I was a kiddie, even the PHD's only took 200 typed classes.

I'll bet its marketing BS. The volume knob only goes to 10.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 pm

TazAnastazio wrote: ( prior to that class I didn't know that the sun is actually a star,

What college did you qualify for?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 am

TazAnastazio wrote:I meant I am about to start reading a textbook on cosmology, something more detailed oriented than Carl Sagan's.
Cosmos : A Personal Voyage by Carl Sagan is not a text book but Sagan's interpretation of the history of science in civilization. You would have known that if you had read it. It contains no actual scientific explanation and formulas.

You also previously lied when claimed you had "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking on your computer....but kept spelling his name Hawkins.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 am

TazAnastazio wrote: I am about to start on a textbook in Cosmology.
One week ago...
you didn't know what a black hole was,
you didn't know what a photon was,
you didn't know what quantum mechanics is,
you never heard of cosmic background radiation,
you never knew what a singularity was,
you didn't know what an electromagnetic wave
you thought radar was faster the visible light,
you didn't know what time dilution due to special relativity is,
you didn't know what general relativity is,
you didn't know what red shift is.
you didn't know what "pi" is

Don't pretend you are going to write a text book when you can't even spell basic words.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”