True Love

God, the FSM, and everything else.
User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Aztexan wrote:I say we use this thread to share recipes.
This may not be the classic version, but it's always met with rave reviews when I make it...

Bruschetta
2 pints grape tomatoes
⅓ cup chopped fresh sweet basil
¼ cup chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for the bread
1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large baguette

In medium glass bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, shallot, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least two hours to allow flavors to marry.

Preheat oven to 300ºF (149ºC). Slice baguette into half-inch slices and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted but not browned. (Keep an eye on it, since it goes from perfect to overdone rather quickly.)

Remove bruschetta from refrigerator and let warm to room temperature. Taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer bruschetta to a serving bowl set atop a platter and surround the bowl with the toasted bread slices.
—————
This is a ridiculously simple appetizer that tastes way better than it sounds...

Bacon Spirals
1 pound thinly sliced American-style bacon
1 pound loaf sliced sandwich bread
8 ounces cream cheese with chives

Cut bacon crosswise so that each slice becomes three shorter pieces. Set aside.

Trim crusts from bread slices, reserving crusts for another use. Using a rolling pin, flatten each bread slice. Divide cream cheese among bread slices, spreading to edges. Roll up each slathered bread slice jellyroll-fashion (into 'logs'). Cut each 'log' crosswise into three pieces.

Preheat broiler. Wrap one piece bacon around one bread roll-up, securing with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining bacon and bread roll-ups. Arrange spirals in a single layer on broiler pan. Broil until bacon is crisp, about five minutes per side. Serve hot.
—————
Here's one I made up. It's a cookie meant to echo the flavors of Ben & Jerry's 'Chubby Hubby' ice cream...

Chubby Hubby Cookies
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup peanut butter chips
½ cup pretzel bits (lightly crush the pretzels into pieces similar in size to the two kinds of chips)

Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line two large baking sheets with parchment.

Using paddle attachment of stand mixer, cream butter with both sugars until light a fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat into butter mixture at low speed until thoroughly incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in both chips and pretzel bits. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are golden brown on the bottom, 11-14 minutes (accounting for oven variances). Let cool on baking sheet for one minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
—————
...and now I'm hungry. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13682
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Bruschetta: Do you offer a side of cream cheese with that? ((Ha, ha.......I know....but add bacon and lettuce, and now you have a samwich))

Loaf bread?: Never.

Hubby Cookies: thats a lot of sugar. I like to cut down on it and fat to just above the cookie tasting like cardboard.

I usually compromise taste for calories, but am thankful I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Very inventive on the guacamole. Congrats.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30932
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Soup

Get a big, big pot. Put it on the stove on a gentle heat. Put in a splat of olive oil.

Cut up an onion and throw it in the pot. Cut up a carrot and throw it in the pot. Cut up a stick of celery and throw it in the pot. Stir it to make sure it isn't burning.

Chop up some garlic and throw it in the pot.

Now add some beef broth to the pot. Lots and lots of beef broth. If you haven't got any beef broth, use chicken broth. If you haven't got any of that either, use water and put in some beef or chicken bouillon. If you haven't got any bouillon, go back in time and don't make this.

Get that sucker boiling, then reduce it to simmer.

Cut up some more vegetables and throw them in the pot. Acceptable vegetables include cauliflower and broccoli. Turnip (or rutabaga), parsnip, or potato will do too. Chop 'em all up good and throw 'em in the pot. Get it up to boiling again, then reduce to a simmer once more.

Now you're going to want something meaty in there. If you used beef broth, try adding some beef to the pot. If you used chicken broth, try adding some chicken. Cut that meat up into smaller bits first, so it'll cook better. If you ain't got the right meat, try adding in some beans or chickpeas instead.

And hey, if you used beef broth, now you can add some tomato paste and turn your soup into some kinda minestrone or something. Tomato paste in a beef-based soup makes for a really hearty soup, I'll tell ya what!

Cook for hours. Many hours. At least three, but the longer the better. Get them flavours all mushed into each other! Yeah, baby!

Oh right, add some spices too. Garlic powder and onion powder are okay, and some oregano. Or try some cumen instead. Thyme is nice too. Rosemary or sage, sure. Just pick two or three of them that smell like they'll go together. You don't want to overdo it with the number of spices. Dill? Who said dill! Why would you want to put dill in there?! Okay, fine, put some dill in if that's what you want.

When you've had it boiling for a while, toss in some rice or barley or noodles, or all three if you feel like it. Bring it up to a boil once more, then let it simmer for a half hour or so to get those last ingredients nice and soft.

Then eat some soup!

You made a big pot of it, didn't you? Well I told you to use a big pot! Anyway, let the leftovers cool, then store the big pot in the fridge overnight. (Whaddaya mean, you don't got a fridge? Jeez! Now you gotta eat all that soup tonight!) Anyway, assuming you've got a fridge, you'll want to add to your soup tomorrow. Take it out of the fridge the next day, put some more broth in it, and heat it up. It'll be a little watered down, so add a bit more of the spices you selected earlier. You can also add more noodles, if you think it's too watery now. The point is, it's even better the second day.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9092
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Hot Water

Boil some water ( a little less than a panful).
Add a handful of chilli powder and two red chillis for authenticity.
Serve hot.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Not just insane, but also criminal.

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:10 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Johan wrote:Actually according to ISF mentality I am a very bad person.
[color=#000080] According to the South African courts, you are also a bad person. That's why you are prohibited from approaching 500 metres of your wife, children and a number of churches in Robertson.
Yep. Here are the court orders and you can show me what was the "bad" things I did.


• You interfered with your wife's employment, a children's school, violating the legally-establish curriculum by spouting your religious nonsense, and disrupting the children's education.


Yep. Agree. And that religious nonsense was against the disciplinary order of Die Herberg. But you will notice something. They never went into detail about my actions. They hide it away.

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You terrorized the children by telling them they had evil spirits inside them.


Not just them. The children's teachers as well. Because when the bodily and emotional pain was inflicted by the teachers according to church and "gods" commands I walked up to the children and said. Do not feel bad. That bad "feeling/spirit is an evil spirit. God's Spirit is a Good feeling. It is Forgiveness and Peace will come into your heart. Forgive the teachers for this bodily and emotianal pain they just inflicted. That is also not God that told them to do that but it is an "anger spirit/feeling and evil and not from God. God loves you and never told them to be the example of His Love towards you in such a way.

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You repeatedly harassed the children's teachers.




Yep. Every time they went into anger and rage against the children I spoke. But they complained and the head said I should stop speaking. And I stopped. Then something amazingly happened.

When the children was punished in the " bad- tempered" way of the "matrons"

( "It’s a strange, hard, dangerous world of scum children, bad-tempered matrons and a harsh, unfair principal; a world of smoking cigarette butts, having one’s hair shaved off and making plans to run away. It’s a world where no one bothers about anyone else, where you too learn not to give a damn."

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... %22R%22%7D )

I could say nothing. Orders of the "boss" coming from the "big boss"

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,4 ... msg9548921

But as I had the Power of God I just looked. And it happened! These were children between the age of one and 6 years of age. So when the " bad - tempered" was causing the bodily and emotional pain the bigger of the two namely the emotional one of feeling unworthy and "lower than human" drove for finding restoration. Drove them to me. And as they could not get to me neither my words to them according to the "harsh and unfair principal" they just searched for me with their eyes. And when eyes met Spirit was exchanged and they started smiling. And the " bad - tempered matron" who was acting at this very moment just gnashed on her teeth and went running to complain again.

This time i was confined to my flat. No more between the children. And there I was sitting day in and day out. The only time I could go out was when i went to town. I was only allowed to use the road in and the road out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7klrczmpg8c0 ... t.pdf?dl=0

And after one month God told me that there is nothing wrong to sit a bit on the sidewalk. And there people asked me about my strange behavior of sitting on the sidewalk. And the "unfair principal" took action. First by threatening me. Then my wife.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbxvbgfabo93o ... t.pdf?dl=0

And my wife chased me away because of fear of losing her job.

And now I stayed with my mom. And still visited my children but sitting on the sidewalk. They never came out to see me. Although I did it for them. Because they were also subjected to this "harsh and unfair and bad - tempered" situation.

The only one that came was the "harsh unfair principal" with a threat. He is going to get a court order. And I said he should not do that as God is totally against court orders.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3n6l5sco7qe0 ... .docx?dl=0

He refused to listen. He was still a young man. Seven years after that one of my Sons Daniel Maarmann got a vision from God that the spirit separating me from my wife is going to backfire. He need to warn the "unfair principal". He went. A week later he got the same vision again. He went and was put in prison by the "unfair principal". And a week later in the same week as the date stamped on my court order from him his wife died in a strange motorcar accident on the road. A year after that he resigned and a year after that he died.
way again

Yep. I included them all in my "religious nonsense".

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You publicly slandered three different ministers in front of their congregations, calling them 'liars' and their spouses 'dirty.'


Yep. I said things in those lines.

While being in this war in Die Herberg I went to the churches to teach them. They chased me away because of my wrong prayers. As the churches already had their "preachers" we as the slaves were only allowed to give a prayer to the Lord. And that was the only means of communicating the Truth about the "harsh and bad-tempered" punishment they were advocating in the name of their "god". So I said it was a lie. And I said that God cleaned us with his sacrifice. He cleansed the children too. They are not "dirty" anymore. Only those that do not accept this cleansing is still "dirty".

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You disrupted services at those three churches by loudly preaching your religious nonsense.


Nope. I was actually outside far away on the sidewalk as they chased me away. And I obeyed. Because not to have obeyed would have been reason for the police to take me. So Iactually just greeted them softly on their arrival to the church because the police was watching.

But. The churches could not go on with their preaching. Because they were filled with "anger" because of the greeting. And a church full of angry people is "disrupted". Disrupted by their own anger.

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You harassed the three ministers both at their churches and at their homes.


Yep. I went to their houses to speak "my religious nonsense". And when they chased me away. I said: No problem. I will even run. That is "giving the garment when the cloac"is taken. The advice from Jesus. And then I did not go again because to have went again would have been opportunity to phone the police and be put in prison. So I was there only once. And when they come to church to preach and pass me on the sidewalk I greeted them friendly and of course said I Forgive you for chasing me away for showing you the Truth. And then they got angry and embarrassed in front of their congregation because a minister should not do that.

Nikki Nyx wrote:• You disregarded the instructions of legal authorities and established law, claiming you were following god's orders.


Nope. It is mentioned very clearly that I obeyed them. Because if I disobeyed they police could have taken me. So because of my obedience they had to get a court order. And now after 17 years with court orders I am still a free man because I just obey every command every "boss" gives me. I was never punished for disobeying instructions. The fact that I am still a free man is proof to that.



Nikki Nyx wrote:• You refused to cease and desist your activities when ordered to by legal authorities.


True. When I operated the police were called to rescue the hundreds of people out of my hands. And when the police arrived I everybody was just giving a sign of relief. And then something amazing happened. When they though the police has defused the situation I just went on with what I was doing. And while the police watched me like hawks they didn't see anything wrong in what I was doing. And after some 15 minutes left again. This was going on for approximately 3 weeks. And then the police decided not to come out for me again. So they were forced to go for the court order.

But it was quite amazing to be in that situation and seeing God working while the police could see nothing. And seeing how the fire of God was burning them while I was blessing them.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

You see. While I was giving the food and the water I was "heaping coals of fire" on their heads. But it was actually not me but God. "I will repay, saith the Lord" And the police could not take me for doing good. Strange?

Nikki Nyx wrote:I think it's time for you to leave this forum. No one here is interested in the delusions of an insane criminal.


Nope. Not yet because all the things you said was only one sided. You see. There is nothing from me in the court case. Because I never defended myself. I was never in court. So I actually didn't loose the case. Because I never fought against it. So the judge in his foolishness judged me on the "facts" presented only by one side. And now I am forgiving him too. And he is on the run too. So now you need to hear my side of the story. And actually Abaddon and Halley know it. You see at that time there was somebody else with me in Die Herberg. She also fought on my side. Her name is Anoeschka von Meck. But she did it in her own way.

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... %22R%22%7D

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 am

scrmbldggs wrote:A clear case awaiting a presidential pardon...


You mean . . .a one sided case waiting for clearing up the mess.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:15 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:A clear case awaiting a presidential pardon...
LOL. Like nearly all persecutors, especially religious ones, he believes himself to be persecuted.


Seems I am the persecutor. They are all "sick to death" according to Abaddon's witness and some are dead already according to new evidence waiting on Abaddon to be proofed.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 am

Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:...Abaddon said they are all "sick" of it.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... count=2251

So how come they are the "sick" ones and not me?

Because you are the illness and they are your victims.


Nope. There is a war. They fight with their human means. Physical violence, police, courts, madhouse, ban etc. I Forgive. Seems Forgiveness is conquering after 17 years.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:29 am

Halleyscomet wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote: I don't know if he's been posting links to his dropbox of scanned documents.
He did. It was hard to translate and work through.

He certainly has some severe psychiatric problems.
:D


"Abaddon" on the SGU and ISF translated a few of them.

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,4 ... msg9548786


At the end of the post I just linked to, Abaddon mentions a "a cease and desist letter from a solicitor." He never got to post it because the thread was locked. From what I understand it included mention of Johan standing outside a person's home screaming at them and threatening them.


I never did that. No need to. God was doing the fighting while I was just giving food and water.

Rom 12
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

And remember. The police was watching.

Halleyscomet wrote:Abusing children, terrorizing a kindergarten class and stalking people while treating violence is the sort of thing he ADMITS to while trying to make himself look GOOD.


Nope. Never admit to the way in which you are telling it. You got the cat by the tail. It is biting and scratching.

Halleyscomet wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:No one here is interested in the delusions of an insane criminal.


I think that may be the single most succinct and accurate summary of Johan's posts I've come across yet.

Look at your hands. They are bleeding.

Because I did give you the Truth.

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... %22R%22%7D

And warned you many times to read it.

So why did you reject it?

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am

Halleyscomet wrote:As everyone here can see, Johan is once again going in loops, tossing around "mafia" as a utility insult for any information he'd rather we not know or talk about. He gets repetitive very quickly. If anyone other than Johan has any questions I'll happily answer them, but I think we've extracted the bulk of what we can out of they lying, child abusing, delusional monster. There's more evil under his skin, but do you really want to go there?

Perhaps it's time we all left him behind.


Yep. Sometimes a one sided argument without the presence of the other person can lead to total misconceptions. But I warned him about Abaddon doing it. And in this case the court orders doing it without me speaking to hear my side of the story was the same mistake.

As I said. Judment is best left to God. Because the one sided story has made me a "monster".

Well actually a "one sided monster"

But Halleyscommet had the other side. With evidence.


https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... %22R%22%7D

And he still choose for the "one sided version". Making my name bad with lies.

But this is True Love. Loving even those that "make your name bad with lies" while they know the Truth.

Yep. My son. I can understand your "plea" to run.

You knew about these words coming.

But you will have to face them now.

Love Mom.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 am

Aztexan wrote:I say we use this thread to share recipes.


It is a bit prematurely. Caught by Abaddon and Halley with the cat?

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:53 am

Halleyscomet wrote:
Aztexan wrote:I say we use this thread to share recipes.


Here's a grouping of recipes that are always a hit. I make my own kumquat marmalade to use in the last one.

Khoresht Fesenjaan (Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce)

Serves:
8 People

Preparation Time:
20

Cook Time:
210

Ready In:
230

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoons freshly ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 butternut squash, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces
- salt to taste

Directions
1.Preheat oil in a skillet at medium heat.

2.Peel and fry onions until starting to brown.

3.Cut chicken into small pieces and fry until lightly browned.

4.Put them in the water, and bring to a boil.

5.Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.

6.Again preheat the oven to 325 degrees F

7.Add walnuts and pomegranate juice in food processor.

8.Add this mixture into liquid. This can be done in small batches if necessary.

9.After processing add this mixture to the simmering chicken mixture.

10.Decorate with cardamom, cinnamon, saffron powder, and salt.

11.Keep stirring it in the cubed squash.

12.Transfer the entire mixture to baking dish.

13.Then bake, loosely covered for 2 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.

14.Preferably serve with white rice.

----------------------------------------------------------

St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake
via Smitten Kitchen via Melissa Clark

For the cake:
3 tablespoons milk at room temperature
1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

For the topping:
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling.

Make the cake dough: In a small bowl, mix milk with 2 tablespoons warm water. Add yeast and whisk gently until it dissolves. Mixture should foam slightly.

Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and salt. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat in the egg. Alternately add flour and the milk mixture, scraping down sides of bowl between each addition. Deb suggests switching to a dough hook at this point (which I did) to beat dough on medium speed until it forms a smooth mass and pulls away from sides of bowl, 7 to 10 minutes.

Press, stretch and nudge dough into an ungreased (Deb says to grease it, so I did with cooking spray) 9-by 13-inch baking dish (Deb suggests a glass baking dish) at least 2 inches deep.

Cover dish with plastic wrap or clean tea towel, put in a warm place, and allow to rise until doubled, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Make the gooey topping:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare topping, in a small bowl, whisk corn syrup with 2 tablespoons water and the vanilla. Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat in the egg. Alternately add flour and corn syrup mixture, scraping down sides of bowl between each addition.

Spoon topping in large dollops over risen cake and use an offset spatula to gently spread it in an even layer.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (start checking at 30 minutes); cake will rise and fall in waves and have a golden brown top, but will still be liquid in center when done. (I took it out when the sides didn't jiggle but the middle did.)

Allow to cool in pan before sprinkling with confectioners’ sugar for serving.

----------------------------------------------------------

Marzipan and Kumquat Terrine

Serves Six

Ingredients
3 Cups Kumquats
generous 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
2 Egg Yolks
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cups whole milk
7 ounces Golden Mamrzipan, grated
1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
1 1/4 cup whipping cream

1. Cut the kumquats in half and remove the seeds with the tip of a knife. Heat the sugar and water gently in a heavy saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Add the kumquats and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until tender. Let the syrup cool.

2. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of the syrup until smooth. In a heavy saucepan, bring the milk just to a boil, then gradually pour it onto the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.

3. Return to the pan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the custard has thickened. Do not let it boil or the custard may curdle. Transfer the custard to a bowl and stir in the marzipan and almond extract. Cover the surface closely with waxed paper to prevent the formation of a skin on the surface and set aside to cool.

4. Line a small terrine or loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside. Put a generous third of the kumquats in a food processor. Pour another 4 tablespoons of the kumquat syrup and blend until smooth and pulpy.

5. By hand, whip the cream until thickened and fold into the custard with the kumquat pulp. Pour into the lined pan and freeze overnight.

Alternately: Using an ice cream maker, stir the cream and pulp into the custard and churn until thick. Pour into the pan and freeze for 4 hours.

6. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator about 1 hour before serving to let it soften slightly. Invert onto a plate and remove the pan. Peel off the plastic wrap and serve the ice cream topped with the remaining kumquats.


First you need to attend to the blood on your hand.

Love Mom

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:The "factual documentation" is also part of the links. But not having followed them you missed the evidence which are "factual documentation".
I did examine what factual documentation you provided; I read the court orders. Sorry, Johan, but you are not the victim here; you are the perpetrator. Harassing people at their places of employment and terrorizing children are crimes, a fact that you continue to discount.


True. I am not the "victim". I am the Conqueror.

As i said previously. The court orders are one sided because I never defended myself. My side is not there. The reasons.

1. How can I win the case while they wanted me out? This I saw the day of the ruling. The lawyer for the court cases was there. And he asked why am I so "bad"? And when I answered him he got a shock. And then he said I do not need to be in court. So I accepted and left.

2. God wanted much more that I initially thought. This whole situation effectively got me out of the human race. I have no human life anymore. No wife, no kids, no house, no friends, no family, no work and no money and lastly no problems. As we say it as Christians. I am totally set apart now for God's Family. I am totally Holy.

3. God wanted to proof the judgment situation as incorrect. At this time the judge is also running when he sees me. He had already threatened me with a court order which I answered that he is welcome to get it. I am waiting now for 9 years for it to come. It is still coming.

Nikki Nyx wrote:It doesn't matter if you truly are god's representative on Earth, you are still bound by secular laws. You are disobeying your god by violating governmental laws. Romans 13:1-7 NET:
1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by God’s appointment, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by God.
2 So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will incur judgment
3 Do you desire not to fear authority? Do good and you will receive its commendation,
4 for it is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be in fear, for it does not bear the sword in vain. It is God’s servant to administer retribution on the wrongdoer.
5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of the wrath of the authorities but also because of your conscience.


I have no fear of them (3) and nothing on my "conscience" (5). My reason. I just obey anything as my power is not in disobedience but in obedience. I was never punished for disobedience. If I were disobedient to the court orders I would have been in prison by this time. I am already obeying them now for 17 years.

But I do have a Power to correct what is wrong in society. We just need to get to the bottom of Its workings.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You have not stated a hypothesis.
Yep. I have. God upgrades society.


If that is your hypothesis, you have failed to offer a shred of factual evidence to support it.


You are a bit "prematurely". Maybe a bit impatient?

Nikki Nyx wrote:At the same time, I can easily disprove your hypothesis with one piece of information: countries that are less religious are happier; they have a higher standard of living, less poverty, fewer crimes, less pollution, and fewer wars.


Sure. That is "religion". But religion is not God.

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You've provided no evidence that you 'rule 20,000 people in your hometown.' Links to other forums in which you've posted the same verbal diarrhea you've posted here is NOT EVIDENCE.
It was not links to what I said but links to what others said who investigated the "factual documentation" and contacted those involved.


"Links to what others said" is not evidence; it's hearsay.


Then the court orders are "hearsay"? And these people complaining are "hearsay"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7cs505gitv6 ... yheya?dl=0

And the letters of my children crying for their dad that was fighting their "emotianal and bodily" pain caused by the "bad tempered" matrons and the "harsh and unfair" principal are "hearsay"? So maybe they were loving and kind and fair? And me wanting them to be "bad tempered" and harsh and unfair?

And the "boss" threatening my wife about losing her job is "hearsay"?

Or maybe I was the one threatening her with a "club" to leave? As Abaddon and Halley is saying.

Well, maybe you should start listening to "Me saying". Or listen to "Us saying"

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... 4331344023

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 am

But if you really want to see what gets me into trouble.

Look:

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,4 ... msg9549687

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8760
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Aztexan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Johan, it is really very rude of you to post your BS on our recipe thread. Go find someplace else to spout your nonsense
trump is Putin's bitch

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Johan wrote:First you need to attend to the blood on your hand.


Nah, that's jelly from making hamentashen.

https://www.jewishboston.com/the-easies ... -internet/

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Since Johan is from South Africa and he did start the thread, we might want to explore South African cuisines. I make my own beef jerky now and then, so Biltong and droewors piqued my interest.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide ... uth-africa

Cape Malay chicken curry with yellow rice sounds quite appealing, especially as I already have most the ingredients in the house.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Johan wrote: Well what good is there in science?
You are posting on a computer that came from science and the scientific method .

If it wasn't for science you would still be covered in rags, shouting at bronze age people in your local marketplace.
:D


Based upon what I know about him, that description isn't too far removed from his current circumstances.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Jesus Dunkin' Donuts, who though up this culinary abomination?

http://www.shared.com/condiment-lovers- ... ly-here-2/

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:47 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Bruschetta: Do you offer a side of cream cheese with that? ((Ha, ha.......I know....but add bacon and lettuce, and now you have a samwich))
I've actually used bruschetta in a BLT! It's delicious. Also delicious atop a bed of lettuce, as the basis for a Panzanella Salad, and on pizza.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Loaf bread?: Never.
I presume you're referring to the bacon app? We don't eat sandwich bread as a rule either, but in this case, its 'mushiness' works for this application. You don't have to use plastic white bread (as my dad calls it), but can use a whole grain version.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Hubby Cookies: thats a lot of sugar. I like to cut down on it and fat to just above the cookie tasting like cardboard.
It is a lot of sugar, especially since there are two kinds of chips in it. You can cut it down as long as you retain an approximation of the ratio. That's what I started with: the basic ratio according to Chef Michael Ruhlman's book Ratio, which I highly recommend.

A basic shortbread cookie has a ratio of 1-2-3: one part fat, two parts sugar, three parts flour. Since the recipe calls for ¾ cup butter, the sugar totals 1½ cups. I've reduced the flour by a cup to get a softer, more 'caramelized' cookie, much like a traditional Toll House. I understand that it's possible to substitute apple sauce for half the fat, and you could probably safely reduce the granulated sugar to a ½ cup.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I usually compromise taste for calories, but am thankful I don't have much of a sweet tooth.
I don't either. Mostly, when I want something sweet, I go for Belgian dark chocolate. I dislike candy because it's too sweet and because it gets stuck in my teeth.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Very inventive on the guacamole. Congrats.
Thanks! But the idea is not original to me, so I can't take credit for it. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Not just insane, but also criminal.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• You interfered with your wife's employment, a children's school, violating the legally-establish curriculum by spouting your religious nonsense, and disrupting the children's education.
Yep. Agree. And that religious nonsense was against the disciplinary order of Die Herberg. But you will notice something. They never went into detail about my actions. They hide it away.
Wrong on both counts. The court order I read was quite detailed about your actions. And it did not violate 'the disciplinary order,' but the legally-established curriculum for that school.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• You terrorized the children by telling them they had evil spirits inside them.

Not just them. The children's teachers as well. Because when the bodily and emotional pain was inflicted by the teachers according to church and "gods" commands...
You're out of order. Personal reasons are inadequate as a defense against breaking the law.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• You repeatedly harassed the children's teachers.
Yep. Every time they went into anger and rage against the children I spoke.
Out of order again. You have no authority to interfere with children's education. Please reread the biblical quotes I posted regarding obeying governmental authorities. You were wrong, and your actions constituted a crime.

If you believe the children were being treated cruelly, you should have complied with the established legal methods for filing a complaint. You had no legal right to interfere personally.

Johan wrote:This time i was confined to my flat. No more between the children. And there I was sitting day in and day out. The only time I could go out was when i went to town. I was only allowed to use the road in and the road out.
Do you understand that you've just described 'house arrest?' You violated the law, and that was your sentence.

Johan wrote:And after one month God told me that there is nothing wrong to sit a bit on the sidewalk. And there people asked me about my strange behavior of sitting on the sidewalk. And the "unfair principal" took action.
You violated the terms of your house arrest. He was entitled to seek legal remedy.

Johan wrote:The only one that came was the "harsh unfair principal" with a threat. He is going to get a court order. And I said he should not do that as God is totally against court orders.
Wrong again. Reread the biblical quotes. You are instructed by your god to obey governmental authorities.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• You publicly slandered three different ministers in front of their congregations, calling them 'liars' and their spouses 'dirty.'
Yep. I said things in those lines.
Slander is a crime. Specifically, it is the verbal dissemination of false information about a person. Again, it doesn't matter in the least that you disagree with the law; you are still required to abide by it.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• You harassed the three ministers both at their churches and at their homes.
Yep. I went to their houses to speak "my religious nonsense".
Harassment and stalking are both crimes. You have no defense, Johan. You committed crimes and are trying to justify your illegal actions. But there is no justification.

Johan wrote:And seeing how the fire of God was burning them while I was blessing them.
You desperately need psychiatric treatment. It's patently obvious that you suffer from grandiose delusions:
DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria for delusional disorders
grossly exaggerated beliefs of:
• self-worth
• power
• knowledge
• identity
• exceptional relationship to a divinity or famous person.
Expansive delusions may be maintained by auditory hallucinations [you claim your god speaks to you], which advise the patient that they are significant, or confabulations, when, for example, the patient gives a thorough description of their coronation or marriage to the king [you claim you are the wife of your god]. Grandiose and expansive delusions may also be part of fantastic hallucinosis in which all forms of hallucinations occur.


Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I think it's time for you to leave this forum. No one here is interested in the delusions of an insane criminal.
Nope. Not yet because all the things you said was only one sided.
Literally no one cares to hear any more of your side of the story. It's clear to all of us that you have a mental illness, based on your claims that you are not a human man, but the wife of a deity; that your god speaks to you; and that your symptoms are disrupting not only your life, but also the lives of numerous others. Get help.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:A clear case awaiting a presidential pardon...
LOL. Like nearly all persecutors, especially religious ones, he believes himself to be persecuted.
Seems I am the persecutor. They are all "sick to death" according to Abaddon's witness and some are dead already according to new evidence waiting on Abaddon to be proofed.
Homemade Prepared Horseradish
1 cup peeled, diced horseradish root
¾ cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Combine all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until almost puréed. Carefully remove cover at arm's length, keeping face well away from the work bowl. (Do not inhale the fumes, unless you're exceeding congested.) Transfer prepared horseradish to a storage container, cover tightly, and keep refrigerated. (This preparation is MUCH spicier than store-bought. Use with care, unless you happen to like extremely spicy food.)
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9092
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 pm

I love it when horseradish really hits you at the back of your nasal cavities. I also love a massive chili blast. I like raw onion, especially with the ripest of Stilton cheese.
I have problems getting a girlfriend. What am I doing wrong?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I read the court orders. Sorry, Johan, but you are not the victim here; you are the perpetrator. Harassing people at their places of employment and terrorizing children are crimes, a fact that you continue to discount.
True. I am not the "victim". I am the Conqueror.
No, you're not. You have illegally persecuted others.

Johan wrote:As i said previously. The court orders are one sided because I never defended myself. My side is not there.
You fail to understand the law. Had you been charged with crimes, there would have been a trial at which you would have the opportunity to mount a defense. But these court orders are simple 'do not contact' orders. The plaintiffs only have to prove that you harassed them, which they clearly did. There is no defense to a 'do not contact' order...except to abide by it with the possibility of having the court rescind it. But you failed there too.

Johan wrote:God wanted much more that I initially thought. This whole situation effectively got me out of the human race. I have no human life anymore. No wife, no kids, no house, no friends, no family, no work and no money and lastly no problems. As we say it as Christians. I am totally set apart now for God's Family. I am totally Holy.
Johan, all this blather is your mental disorder making attempts to rationalize your illegal behavior. You presume to know the mind of god? That makes you a sinner. 1 Corinthians 2:11...
For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So too, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.


Johan wrote:God wanted to proof the judgment situation as incorrect.
Again, you presume to know god's intentions. You cannot. To claim that you do is a sin. Get help for your delusions before you do something stupid and hurt someone. I fear for those around you when you suffer the inevitable psychotic break.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You have not stated a hypothesis.
Yep. I have. God upgrades society.
If that is your hypothesis, you have failed to offer a shred of factual evidence to support it.
You are a bit "prematurely". Maybe a bit impatient?
Nope. You claim you have presented evidence of your hypothesis, but you have not. Either do so or GTFO. No one here cares about your personal situation, especially since it was caused by your own illegal actions.

You've admitted that your hypothesis is: God upgrades society. Please present factual evidence from verifiable sources to support your claim that god makes societies better. Or GTFO.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:At the same time, I can easily disprove your hypothesis with one piece of information: countries that are less religious are happier; they have a higher standard of living, less poverty, fewer crimes, less pollution, and fewer wars.
Sure. That is "religion". But religion is not God.
Now you're deliberately being dense. Countries with people who do not believe in god are happier. Their societies are better for everyone within them.

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You've provided no evidence that you 'rule 20,000 people in your hometown.' Links to other forums in which you've posted the same verbal diarrhea you've posted here is NOT EVIDENCE.
It was not links to what I said but links to what others said who investigated the "factual documentation" and contacted those involved.
"Links to what others said" is not evidence; it's hearsay.

Then the court orders are "hearsay"? And these people complaining are "hearsay"
No. You're being dense again. The court orders were granted because the complainants proved you harassed them; they do not prove that you 'rule 20,000 people in your hometown.'
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm

Halleyscomet wrote:Jesus Dunkin' Donuts, who though up this culinary abomination?

http://www.shared.com/condiment-lovers- ... ly-here-2/
WTactualF? What twisted, tasteless person came up with this horror?! Yikes.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Poodle wrote:I love it when horseradish really hits you at the back of your nasal cavities. I also love a massive chili blast. I like raw onion, especially with the ripest of Stilton cheese.
I have problems getting a girlfriend. What am I doing wrong?
Not specifying that she must adore spicy food to the extent that tasting it on your breath during a kiss will make her ecstatic? :P
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Poodle wrote:I love it when horseradish really hits you at the back of your nasal cavities. I also love a massive chili blast. I like raw onion, especially with the ripest of Stilton cheese.
I have problems getting a girlfriend. What am I doing wrong?


My wife has an "Ice Scream" sorbet recipe that uses Wasabi, Jalapeno pepper and a third ingredient I can't remember at the moment. The goal is to hit your mouth and sinuses with different kinds of heat. She tries to keep it moderated, so you feel a pleasant burn, not pain.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9092
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Halleyscomet wrote:... My wife has an "Ice Scream" sorbet recipe that uses Wasabi, Jalapeno pepper and a third ingredient I can't remember at the moment.

Napalm?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Poodle wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:... My wife has an "Ice Scream" sorbet recipe that uses Wasabi, Jalapeno pepper and a third ingredient I can't remember at the moment.

Napalm?


I want to say horseradish.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:A clear case awaiting a presidential pardon...
LOL. Like nearly all persecutors, especially religious ones, he believes himself to be persecuted.
Seems I am the persecutor. They are all "sick to death" according to Abaddon's witness and some are dead already according to new evidence waiting on Abaddon to be proofed.
Homemade Prepared Horseradish
1 cup peeled, diced horseradish root
¾ cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Combine all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until almost puréed. Carefully remove cover at arm's length, keeping face well away from the work bowl. (Do not inhale the fumes, unless you're exceeding congested.) Transfer prepared horseradish to a storage container, cover tightly, and keep refrigerated. (This preparation is MUCH spicier than store-bought. Use with care, unless you happen to like extremely spicy food.)


Now I want to buy horseradish root.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30932
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Johan wrote:...Abaddon said they are all "sick" of it.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... count=2251

So how come they are the "sick" ones and not me?

Because you are the illness and they are your victims.

Nope.

Yep.

There is a war.

Nope. Your harassment of others is not a war. This is a war: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sudanese_Civil_War

You're a disturbance, now a war.

I Forgive.

No you don't. When you forgive someone, you don't still go on and on about how they've wronged you. That is not what forgiveness means.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30932
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Zucchini Tots

Ingredients

1 packed cup of zucchini, shredded and squeezed
1 egg
¼ medium onion
¼ cup grated cheddar
¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Grate zucchini onto a towel, squeezing as much of the moisture out as possible, until you have 1 cup of packed, wrung-out zucchini. (It might stain the towel, so don't use a towel you love unless you loved zucchini-stained towels.)

3. Combine ingredients into one big gloopy mess.

4. Shape into balls. (I used a regular teaspoon, and tried to make them half-scoops. Aim for about the size of a tater tot.)

5. Bake 16-18 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown. (My oven took 20-22 minutes.)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Halleyscomet wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:A clear case awaiting a presidential pardon...
LOL. Like nearly all persecutors, especially religious ones, he believes himself to be persecuted.
Seems I am the persecutor. They are all "sick to death" according to Abaddon's witness and some are dead already according to new evidence waiting on Abaddon to be proofed.
Homemade Prepared Horseradish
1 cup peeled, diced horseradish root
¾ cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Combine all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until almost puréed. Carefully remove cover at arm's length, keeping face well away from the work bowl. (Do not inhale the fumes, unless you're exceeding congested.) Transfer prepared horseradish to a storage container, cover tightly, and keep refrigerated. (This preparation is MUCH spicier than store-bought. Use with care, unless you happen to like extremely spicy food.)


Now I want to buy horseradish root.
Right? I had no idea it was this easy until I found a recipe. It's so much tastier than the store-bought stuff, and much hotter. The warning about the fumes is real, though. Sometimes, I just leave the lid of the food processor on for 15 minutes or so, in hopes that the fumes will settle. Breathing them is not unlike chopping a habañero with ungloved hands, then inadvertently wiping your eyes. :shock:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Nikki's Pizza Margherita
Labor-intensive and time-consuming, but so worth it!

The Hardware:
• stand mixer with dough hook
• pizza stone
• pizza peel
• blender
• sharp knife
• cutting board

The Software:
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons honey
3½ teaspoons dry yeast
3½ cups bread flour*, plus more for stretching
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
¼ cup olive oil, plus more for coating bowl
———
2 plum tomatoes (or equivalent)
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
———
8 ounces (227g) bufalo mozzarella
½ cup roughly torn fresh sweet basil
cornmeal for coating pizza peel

The Program:
In bowl of stand mixer, stir together water, honey, and yeast. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until the yeast blooms.

Add 1 cup flour to the water mixture; mix on low speed until incorporated. Add salt and oil; mix on low speed until incorporated. Add remaining flour; mix, beginning at low speed and gradually increasing speed until dough comes together. Turn out dough onto lightly floured board and knead until soft, smooth, and elastic, at least 5 minutes. Repeatedly fold edges of dough under until smooth ball forms. Lightly oil the bowl of the stand mixer, turning to coat all surfaces. Return dough to bowl, cover with a damp towel, and place in a warm, draft-free place to rise for 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, make sauce. Add tomatoes and salt to blender; blend until puréed.** (If you're finicky, you can strain out the tiny bits of skin and seed. Also, the amount of sauce may be more than one pizza needs.) Slice the bufalo mozzarella into quarter-inch slices.

After 45 minutes, punch the dough down with fingertips. Recover with damp towel and allow to rise another hour.

Preheat oven to 550ºF (288ºC), placing the pizza stone on a rack at the lowest position. Divide dough into 3 equal portions; wrap and refrigerate 2 portions. On a lightly floured board, begin to stretch the third portion of dough by placing palm in center and gently pulling edges away from center. Continue this process until the dough is as large as the pizza stone. Sprinkle pizza peel generously with cornmeal, then transfer stretched dough to peel.

Do this next bit as quickly as possible. Spread a scant amount of sauce atop the dough to within an inch of its edges. (Too much sauce will make the crust soggy. I use ½ to ¾ cup.) Arrange the mozzarella slices even atop sauce. Now, to get the pizza from peel to stone. Holding the peel over the stone, jerk the peel with a quick motion until the leading edge of the pizza touches the far edge of the stone, then gently slide the peel out so the pizza is centered on the stone. (This sometimes takes a bit of practice, but the cornmeal is your friend here; it acts like ball bearings.) Bake until the bottom of the crust has a nice char, the top of the crust is golden brown, and the cheese is melted, about 7-8 minutes.

Use peel to transfer cooked pizza from stone to cutting board. Immediately scatter basil atop the pizza. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy!

• You can use all-purpose flour, but bread flour contains more gluten, making it easier to stretch the dough.
** Contrary to popular belief, pizza sauce is not cooked before placing it on the pizza. Since the sauce layer is relatively thin, it cooks along with the pizza in the oven.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: True Love

Postby TJrandom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm

I am going to pick my biter oranges to make orange peel marmalade...

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9092
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 am

Warning: horseradish.
I did grow my own once upon a time. I'd been clever and read all about it, so I knew the root was a big bugger. So I was even more clever and planted it in a huge plastic affair (nearly as tall as me) on top of closely-laid paving slabs. It was very successful. I cropped it a few times and it always regrew vigorously. A couple of years later I decided to move it. I stripped the top growth and began removing the soil to expose the root. It was certainly a very healthy root. I removed ALL the soil and there, in the centre of the plastic container, was a very healthy looking set of horseradish roots going all the way down to the bottom. The problem was that they didn't stop there, oh no. They'd gone through the bottom, through the tiny gaps between the paving slabs, and kept going downwards even after that. I had to remove several slabs to get at it. I was three feet down and the roots were still going before I decided to get nasty and use root killer. I managed to kill it after three years. At least I think I did. But if anyone in Australasia has a funny-looking upside-down root smelling strongly of horseradish growing uninvited in the garden, kill it NOW.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Sadly, Johan is likely to try hijacking this recipe thread soon. He's been suspended from the SGU forum for 7 days.

I wonder if he understands the difference between a suspension and a ban.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30932
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Halleyscomet wrote:He's been suspended from the SGU forum for 7 days.

Wow. That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Jesus was only suspended from the Cross for a few hours!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE


Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests