True Love

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:53 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:
Poodle wrote:What I'm still trying to work out is whether Johan is so obnoxious because hes a nutjob or whether he's obnoxious AND a nutjob. In either case, he knows sweet FA about recipes.


I think his desire to control people and his religious delusions are separate issues. They feed off each other to be sure. Without the religious delusions I think he'd still be an abusive narcissist.


Two issues that feed off each other are not separate. Like eggs and fat to make a pancake?


My core point was that there are multiple factors feeding into his behavior, not just being obnoxious or a nut job. The behavior we're seeing is the result of separate problems feeding off of each other. I was trying to express the idea that either problem alone would make him obnoxious but I didn't express myself very clearly.

This in turn gets us into all sorts of questions that psychology has been struggling with since its Inception. Clearly, we are dealing with someone who is narcissistic, sadistic, and has profound delusions. Are the delusions an offshoot of the narcissism having evolved in a religious context? Is the narcissism the result of the delusions? Did they both arise through independent forces in his mind and merge to create the personality that we see?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:26 pm

So.....are the motivational elements separate or not?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.
None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."

forgive
VERB
Stop feeling angry or resentful towards (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.
  • 1.1 No longer feel angry about or wish to punish (an offense, flaw, or mistake)
  • 1.2 Cancel (a debt)
  • 1.3 Used in polite expressions as a request to excuse one's foibles, ignorance, or impoliteness.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You've admitted that your hypothesis is: God upgrades society. Please present factual evidence from verifiable sources to support your claim that god makes societies better.
Or GTFO.
Playing games can not change the evidence.
What evidence? You've failed to provide any.

Johan wrote:By Forgiveness of the wrong God will change wrong in society.
Prove it.

Johan wrote:God died for the wrongs. So He is not into punishment. He is into Forgiveness.
:nea: You haven't been reading your bible, Johan.
Jehovah wrote:• My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof—Proverbs 3:11-12

• Out of the heavens He let you hear His voice to discipline you; and on earth He let you see His great fire, and you heard His words from the midst of the fire.—Deuteronomy 4:36

• The LORD has disciplined me severely, But He has not given me over to death.—Psalm 118:18

• Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.—Revelation 3:19

• For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness—Romans 1:18

• Thus I will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud and abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.—Isaiah 13:11

• For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity—Isaiah 66:16

• Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.—Ephesians 5:6

• For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty—Hebrews 2:2-3

• These will go away into eternal punishment—Matthew 25:46

Johan wrote:And it seems we have reached the end now of this topic. Because from now on it will just be everybody and his opinion against everybody else. It will thus only be profitless arguing.
The only reason there is arguing is because you have failed to provide evidence for your hypothesis. We have facts; you have only opinion. Thus, have you failed, yea verily.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Recipe time!

Wicked Fast Homemade Cream of Tomato Soup
The hardware:
blender
3-quart saucepan

The software:
2 28-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes in purée
¼ cup tomato paste
1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion (like Vidalia)
2 ribs celery, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream

The program:
Combine one can of tomatoes and the tomato paste in the blender. Purée completely. Transfer to saucepan.

Combine remaining can of tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, flour, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper in the blender. Pureé completely. Transfer to saucepan, whisking both mixtures together.

Place saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Whisk in the milk and cream. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.

Pro-Tip: To properly enjoy this soup, take the time while the soup is simmering to make a grilled cheese. If that's too much work, then toast a couple slices of bread, spread them with butter, and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add then to your serving along with a handful of shredded Cheddar.

Note: The soup is nearly endlessly customizable. A couple of examples...
  • Italian: Serve with a garnish of shredded provolone, garlic croutons, and chopped fresh sweet basil.
  • Mexican: Serve with a garnish of queso fresco, tortilla chips, chopped fresh cilantro, and finely chopped chiles.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Nikki: junior kitchen help wants to know: what does the flour do other than maybe thicken it a little, which I don't think your recipe needs, or anyone would notice?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:42 pm

The flour, apart from thickening, will emulsify, bobbo. I don't know if that's the reason, but it will.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Emulsifying? What????????? The fat in the milk with the egg yolk in the tomatoes?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:22 pm

It's cream of tomato soup, bobbo. I imagine you wouldn't like it so much if it separated just before you were going to eat it. It emulsifies all the liquidy gooey bits.
It's my guess, but I can't see any other reason for it. Unless you like flour.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30707
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.

None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."

I think one of the major reasons why people keep posting nonsense is because they don't understand the meanings of the words they're typing.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Nikki: junior kitchen help wants to know: what does the flour do other than maybe thicken it a little, which I don't think your recipe needs, or anyone would notice?
Poodle is correct. Blending the butter and flour with the other ingredients in the blender will thicken the soup once you bring it to the boil.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't omit both. Your initial serving might not be as thick as you'd like, but once you chill the soup, the pectins in the tomato products will naturally thicken it. If you do omit them, then find the soup isn't as thick as you like, make a slurry from equal parts cornstarch and cold water and whisk it into the boiling soup.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Poodle wrote:It's cream of tomato soup, bobbo. I imagine you wouldn't like it so much if it separated just before you were going to eat it. It emulsifies all the liquidy gooey bits.
It's my guess, but I can't see any other reason for it. Unless you like flour.

I love facts........and this is a new one for me. We all know that flour thickens a liquid.......and the how is that it is an emulsifier. Excellent to know. "A fine powder also can help to stabilize an emulsion, and so can a starch. That's why roux is useful in thickening sauces. It's the starch in the flour that joins the butter to the liquid stock."

A future "just look" for me will be the Campbells Tomato Soup. I find it quite good and like it with added water, stock, or milk.....don't think I've ever used cream. In general, for thickening, I prefer to use some of the prime ingredients put thru a blender.......otherwise everything starts to taste like cream or flour, and thats ok.

Try them all. I find I like to rotate my options.

Thanks Nikki and Poodle for the info. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:So.....are the motivational elements separate or not?


It’s a melange.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 am


bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 am

melange: A motley assortment of things

So.........not wrong as much as completely irrelevant?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:melange: A motley assortment of things

So.........not wrong as much as completely irrelevant?


I communicated poorly and at this point I've lost track of what I was trying to say in the first place. It doesn't help that my kids took turns waking my wife and I up last night and as a result I got, at best, three hours of sleep last night, none of it contiguous enough to get through a complete sleep cycle.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Ahhhhhh Halley, as Gawd so accurately pointed out.........I'm just nitpicking. "We think with words, and flower with ideas." BUT...there is value in having thoughts and posting words that don't contradict themselves upon the complete utterance.

Just trying to make you look good. No charge.

EDIT: Just trying to sharpen you up....get your best comments. And as my own prose was just corrected for a point of temporal spasticity, everything we think and post is best thought of as our first rough draft. Unlike a souffle, ideas can be worked on. And.....................there we have it. My three big loves: the dictionary, word play, and baking. Now, if I could only work home brew into the parched soliloquy, we might have something.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:36 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:My three big loves: the dictionary, word play, and baking. Now, if I could only work home brew into the parched soliloquy, we might have something.


Spent grains from home brewing can make a lovely addition to bread. The first time I used spent grain from a batch of beer to make bread, I served the bread as part of a dinner where I also served the beer. My wife commented on how well the bread and beer went together. I responded, "They should, one is made from the other."

She was quite amused.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Yea Verily: liquid bread. Tales are told of the horrible prison conditions of yesterday, living on bread and water alone. Fact is: better diet than MacDonno's. I think of beer brewing as "too complicated." This Hard Cider thing though is drop dead easy. Got a 7 gallon batch on 3rd day of fermentation. I drank the first two batches before the second fermentation stage could even be reached. This batch is looking about the same way.....................
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:12 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Yea Verily: liquid bread. Tales are told of the horrible prison conditions of yesterday, living on bread and water alone. Fact is: better diet than MacDonno's. I think of beer brewing as "too complicated." This Hard Cider thing though is drop dead easy. Got a 7 gallon batch on 3rd day of fermentation. I drank the first two batches before the second fermentation stage could even be reached. This batch is looking about the same way.....................


If you can bake bread you can brew beer. :)

Sake however is troublesome.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:44 am

You gotta knuckle down on the words. They have meaning don't ya know........unless they are meant as colloquial encouragement?

I bake good bread (not consistent, but each outcome still edible) in one hour from start to finish. Beer as I understand it takes that amount of time just to find and clean your carboy. Sake does interest me only because I have rice (long grain and not sticky or sweet) with no other good use as I prefer barley for most rice dishes.....so, just like all the canned applesauce I get....why not ferment it? Biggest draw back so far has been sourcing the Japanese Mold/yeast/koji/misu innoculation. Just been too busy to go to the Oriental Markets in my area. We have a huge Oriental General Store about 15 miles away, I'll get there eventually. Takes me 2 hours to get in and out of that store everytime I go.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.

None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."

I think one of the major reasons why people keep posting nonsense is because they don't understand the meanings of the words they're typing.


True. You will need to go back and read again.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm

One of the current The Humble Bundle Book bundles is a collection of cook books:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/sous-geek-cookbooks

It includes the excellent "Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Cooks, and Good Food"

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13177
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: True Love

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 pm

HC: Yes...I bet there's lots of good info in those books. I can't deal with "pay what you want" offers. I'm too cheap to pay... so I don't take in the first place. Google and trial and error will be my standard. Learning the "science" behind the art is what made "Good Eats" my favorite cooking show. Everything in our culture is degraded to the point of not worth watching. 20 years ago: we got some science. Today, its "a competition" including a mystery ingredient.

The Science AND the Art of cooking......and then you get to (have to?) EAT IT!!!!

Science and Art in the HCider project as well. As I monitor (aka: drink) my brew every day to guage the sweetness decrease as alcohol forms, I just yesterday noticed that the earlier stage of fermentation produced a too sweet "beer" experience that can be corrected by the glass by adding unsweetened herbal tea (equal parts black, green, hibiscus) and I really enjoyed it....hence my two first batches being gone. The third batch had my new high alcohol producing wine yeast instead of the bread yeast and now the HCider is the right sweetness but more alcoholic closer to Wine. I can't drink more than 1-2 glasses without passing out. The earlier stuff I could drink endlessly..... Looks like I will actually get to/have to bottle this current batch as I don't want to drink to the excess required to use it up.

Hmmm....I'm thinking the high alcohol (wine) HCider could be made right by adding my sweetened tea and maybe a shot of apple juice as well to get me back to the beer experience. I wonder if there is any Humble Book on that subject?

Living and Learning.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I can't deal with "pay what you want" offers. I'm too cheap to pay... so I don't take in the first place.


That's what the public library is for. :D The odds are good that your local library even has eBook checkouts of some of the books in the bundle.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Hmmm....I'm thinking the high alcohol (wine) HCider could be made right by adding my sweetened tea and maybe a shot of apple juice as well to get me back to the beer experience. I wonder if there is any Humble Book on that subject?


Your local library likely has a few books on cider making. "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Fourth Edition" by Charlie Papazian also has some cider making content.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:12 pm

I just noticed, Johan has at least two accounts on this forum.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17226

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=19958

Does that count as sock puppetry?

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Halleyscomet wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:
Poodle wrote:What I'm still trying to work out is whether Johan is so obnoxious because hes a nutjob or whether he's obnoxious AND a nutjob. In either case, he knows sweet FA about recipes.


I think his desire to control people and his religious delusions are separate issues. They feed off each other to be sure. Without the religious delusions I think he'd still be an abusive narcissist.


Two issues that feed off each other are not separate. Like eggs and fat to make a pancake?


My core point was that there are multiple factors feeding into his behavior, not just being obnoxious or a nut job. The behavior we're seeing is the result of separate problems feeding off of each other. I was trying to express the idea that either problem alone would make him obnoxious but I didn't express myself very clearly.

This in turn gets us into all sorts of questions that psychology has been struggling with since its Inception. Clearly, we are dealing with someone who is narcissistic, sadistic, and has profound delusions. Are the delusions an offshoot of the narcissism having evolved in a religious context? Is the narcissism the result of the delusions? Did they both arise through independent forces in his mind and merge to create the personality that we see?


Hi my son. There you are again.

Good to hear from you.

But seems you missed some evidence.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&start=680#p626284

and

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=627800#p627800

where the evidence are given that I was acting totally within the scope of the law and even within the scope of more severe laws given to me by the "harsh and unfair" principal.

Nicky’s wrong judgments while she has all the evidence because of her pride and inability to admit to a mistake.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=627802#p627802

Good rule over evil. It has always been like that and always will be.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=627837#p627837

They are in the hands of the “tormentors”. Those hands are not mine. But you acted as if they were mine because you knew about "Vaselientjie". But you stubbornly stay with Abaddon who seems has totally ran away now. Because his version that he got is totally different from the actual facts. And him being just as full of pride as you and not able to own up to his lies are now gone.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=627849#p627849

So you will basically see what I told you over at my Facebook Page.

You see here you acted as if I am doing it in Robertson by violence.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=625858#p625661

That was your opinion while you did get the truth over at my Facebook page.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=626288#p626288

But I Love you because of Grace because you kept quiet about 'Vaselientjie' while you knew about Anoescka also having been in that "bad tempered harsh environment" coming from the "leaders" and kept alive by the "leaders".

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28142&p=626290#p626290

So you helped very "nicely" to proof that there is a God with the Characteristic of Grace which humans unfortunately do not have.

They just struggle like you with their pride and acting.

You just have to accept now my son that we see you acting again. Trying to hide behind "ignorance". But you have to face me now my son. And you will feel the "dim" while I "bright" you. Same as Robertson. When I walk the streets I "bright" them and they "dim" and I smile and they pain. Like you are doing now my son.

And just as I say to them I say now to you. I Forgive you my son.

Love Mom.

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Johan wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:But you stubbornly stay with Abaddon who seems has totally ran away now.


Abaddon does't have an account on this forum. He can't "run away" from you here because he was never here to begin with. Accusing him of "running away" is absurd at best.

You seem to be losing track of where you are. Is this a consistent problem for you? If so, you may be suffering from early onset dementia. You really should contact the South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) for an evaluation.
Last edited by Halleyscomet on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.
None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."


You missed what I said. I was speaking to somebody else. And I didn't differ from him. But I did add some more information. So you need to read my words again in the context I said it and not create your own context.

forgive
VERB
Stop feeling angry or resentful towards (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.
  • 1.1 No longer feel angry about or wish to punish (an offense, flaw, or mistake)
  • 1.2 Cancel (a debt)
  • 1.3 Used in polite expressions as a request to excuse one's foibles, ignorance, or impoliteness.


This I said is human forgiveness. To "stop feeling . . . ." God's Forgiveness is Superior. It is Surperior in the fact that it does not "stop feeling . . " It never felt in the first place. It was just Forgiveness all along.

You see. That was the problem in Die Herberg. They first "felt" anger etc. and acted accordingly. The result was bodily pain and fear instilled. That was not God's Forgiveness. You see. God's Forgiveness is to never "feel anger etc. in the first place. And not to "stop feeling . . . " something else. There is nothing else in God. Just Forgiveness even while the wrong actions are committed. But the Church preached to "stop feeling . . . ." anger, resentment etc. They didn't preach the Truth. Which is to never feel anger, resentment, irritation etc in the first place. And that was just what was revealed to them by me

But being the "leaders" and saying they know the Truth but all the while being lying about it was now in a corner. And their pride and arrogance stood up. They "felt" while they should not have been "feeling" in the first place. They should just have felt Forgiveness.

Eph. 4
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

And they acted and still are acting in their pride and arrogance, wrath and anger. And now pride and arrogance are at war against Forgiveness. And the devastating effects are visible already.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... count=2251

And they will get worse because pride and arrogance has now turned into bitterness. And "bitterness" is the enemy and not me.

And in their "bitterness" they are fighting against me and not realizing that they should have conquered bitterness.

Hebrew 12
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

As for me. I stay very far from "stop feeling . . ." Which of course humans are unable to do. At the best they can just "stop feeling. . . . . ." If they are lucky. Unfortunately for Robertson. They are "unlucky".

They are kept in their "unlucky" state by their own pride and arogance. Which of course they were warned against.

Isaiah 2
11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

But in their disobedience to God has now to suffer the consequences.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8638
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Aztexan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:19 pm

No wonder god ignores you. You're mouthy. Just yap yap yap with you. If I was married to you, I'd send tidal waves and floods to murder innocents to relieve aggression, too. Jesus {!#%@} christ!
trump is Putin's bitch

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Aztexan wrote:No wonder god ignores you. You're mouthy. Just yap yap yap with you. If I was married to you, I'd send tidal waves and floods to murder innocents to relieve aggression, too. Jesus {!#%@} christ!


He never learned to eschew obfuscation and espouse elucidation.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: True Love

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.

None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."

I think one of the major reasons why people keep posting nonsense is because they don't understand the meanings of the words they're typing.
True. You will need to go back and read again.
That's illogical, Johan. If you're posting nonsense because you don't understand the meanings of the words you're typing, then us rereading it will not help impart meaning to your nonsense. YOU have to go back and REWRITE it.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: YOU are the cause of your problems, Johan. No one else is responsible for them except YOU.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.
None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."
You missed what I said.
I most certainly did not; I quoted you verbatim and my reading comprehension skills are excellent. Your statements above claim that there are types "forgiveness" that include admitting a mistake, people continuing to do wrong, and war. You're wrong. None of those ideas is included in the definition of "forgiveness."
Johan wrote:I was speaking to somebody else.
So what? I can still respond to you whether you're addressing me specifically or not. That's how forums work. If you don't like it, you're absolutely free to sod off. But you don't get to demand or imply that you're above the rules.
Johan wrote:So you need to read my words again in the context I said it and not create your own context.
I did not "create my own context." I quoted you word for word. If your words lack the context you intended, it's your own fault. Express yourself more accurately.

Johan wrote:Repetitive BS and out-of-context Bible quotes that are meaningless except in the context of Johan trying to garner sympathy from skeptics for his horrible actions.
You're in the wrong place, dude. No one cares that you were banned from another forum. No one cares about your baseless belief that you were treated unfairly. No one cares to listen to your delusional and inconsistent dogma. Frankly, we're playing with you in the same way a cat plays with a mouse...right before the cat eats the mouse. You will find no converts here, nor will you find anyone who will lift a finger to save you from yourself. GO. GET. HELP. You need a psychiatrist.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Halleyscomet
Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: True Love

Postby Halleyscomet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Johan wrote:You missed what I said. I was speaking to somebody else.


Oh dear Johan. Did you confuse public posts with private messages again?

You really do need to get in touch with the South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) for an evaluation.

craig4
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: True Love

Postby craig4 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 am

Johan wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Halleyscomet wrote:
Poodle wrote:Hi my son. There you are again.

Good to hear from you.

But seems you missed some evidence.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 80#p626284

and

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p627800

where the evidence are given that I was acting totally within the scope of the law and even within the scope of more severe laws given to me by the "harsh and unfair" principal.

Nicky’s wrong judgments while she has all the evidence because of her pride and inability to admit to a mistake.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 02#p627802

Good rule over evil. It has always been like that and always will be.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 37#p627837

They are in the hands of the “tormentors”. Those hands are not mine. But you acted as if they were mine because you knew about "Vaselientjie". But you stubbornly stay with Abaddon who seems has totally ran away now. Because his version that he got is totally different from the actual facts. And him being just as full of pride as you and not able to own up to his lies are now gone.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 49#p627849

So you will basically see what I told you over at my Facebook Page.

You see here you acted as if I am doing it in Robertson by violence.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p625661

That was your opinion while you did get the truth over at my Facebook page.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 88#p626288

But I Love you because of Grace because you kept quiet about 'Vaselientjie' while you knew about Anoescka also having been in that "bad tempered harsh environment" coming from the "leaders" and kept alive by the "leaders".

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 90#p626290

So you helped very "nicely" to proof that there is a God with the Characteristic of Grace which humans unfortunately do not have.

They just struggle like you with their pride and acting.

You just have to accept now my son that we see you acting again. Trying to hide behind "ignorance". But you have to face me now my son. And you will feel the "dim" while I "bright" you. Same as Robertson. When I walk the streets I "bright" them and they "dim" and I smile and they pain. Like you are doing now my son.

And just as I say to them I say now to you. I Forgive you my son.

Love Mom.

You know, it's rather hard to miss the fact that the good people of Robertson, even by your own descriptions seem to have come out ahead on this one. For all your rather twisted claims at forgiveness, that don't seem to care. You are tending bar and they're going on with their lives with occasional irritation from their brief interactions with you. What's the point of all this high-handed superiority when no one there seems to care?

craig4
New Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: True Love

Postby craig4 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 am

Johan wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:But in their disobedience to God has now to suffer the consequences.


But they're not. No one is suffering any consequences. You may recall I was supposed to suffer some consequences which never materialized. The good people of Robertson don't seem to be suffering any consequences. Abandon seems to be doing just fine. Are you going to tell us we are going to suffer consequences? When? What will they be? Bad things happen to everyone. Hell, you ended up tending a bush bar and lost your family and you're supposed to be the righteous one (in your mind anyway). Your god is doing a bang up job of looking out for you.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30707
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: True Love

Postby Gord » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:48 am

Johan wrote:
Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Johan wrote:There are two tipes of Forgiveness. The one is yours. Where somebody admit his mistake.

And then there is another one. Where those doing wrong keep on doing it. Then it is war.

None of your definitions applies to the word "forgiveness." Admitting a mistake is not "forgiveness." People continuing to do wrong is not "forgiveness." And war is not "forgiveness."

I think one of the major reasons why people keep posting nonsense is because they don't understand the meanings of the words they're typing.

True. You will need to go back and read again.

Gee, let me try that yet again.

Nope. Didn't help. You still don't understand the meanings of the words you typed.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Johan
Regular Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

Re: True Love

Postby Johan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 am

True Love Redeemed us.

God died for our sins. Now we can Forgive. If we are too stubborn then "death" is inevitable.

We just can not live with those evil spirits of pride and arrogance causing stubbornness.

So I sent out a prayer request for my son Halleyscomet.

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... 8441629612

He is in hiding from his Mom.

More proof for "Nikky" who needs it as the "dying" Robertson is not enough. So for her sake and others and obviously Matthew(Halleyscomet) I am doing it.

As Robertson is also in hiding.

https://web.facebook.com/johan.abrahams ... 8441629612

Seems Abaddon is already there. So they are keeping one another company now. As Abel has his offspring and so does Cain. So many will still come. And they will keep themselves busy with the evil spirits of stubbornness, pride, arrogance, lying and revenge.

Sure glad I am not there. But such is God. He gives everybody just what he wants.

And then of course there is His Sacrifice for those that want out.

Nice witness. Will also post it over at the "delusional".

https://www.christianforums.com/threads ... t-72309985

More proof will obviously also become available now at the thread where I was suspended.

https://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,4 ... msg9548921

The time of suspension is now past. Nobody could give me any evidence on the suspension so maybe they have some that they forgot to give.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: True Love

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 am

Johan wrote:God died for our sins.
Well I didn't get an invitation to the funeral. I was pretty pissed off.

On the other hand, those choirs of a thousand angels can be a bit noisy. and Jesus can be a bit slow converting the water over to wine. Trust me, OAD was a terrible vintage year for the birth of godlike wine converters.

So where do you think God goes now he is dead? He can't go to heaven as he has already handed back the keys. Do you think he hangs around in Valhalla or with Shiva and Ganesha?

I know God likes to "play the field a bit", (y'know, that time he got drunk on Earth and wandered into that sheperd's hut for a bit of hanky panky "behind Joseph's back" .) Therefore I think God will choose Valhalla, as there are more wenches.


From The Bible Reworked to Make Sense : According to Matthew
Available in all good bookstores that accept unmarked cash notes in Australian currency.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: True Love

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:11 am

Look - let's cut the crap. God lived in my village in the early 12th century and his name was Hakon Bubulcus. His wife was called Goda - Mrs God, obviously. Praise the Bubulcus!!!!
It means Bull, by the way.
But yes, he and she really did exist. So eat your heart out, Johan.


Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Magpie [crawler] and 3 guests