Can someone who believes in personal identity overtime prove it is a possibility?

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Can someone who believes in personal identity overtime prove it is a possibility?

Postby Gord » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:15 am

I still think eafe is talking about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_identity

And I still, yet again, ask eafe is he/she/it has watched the videos I posted earlier.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

eafe

Re: Can someone who believes in personal identity overtime prove it is a possibility?

Postby eafe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:19 am

So I read and watched the videos. I think we should think of personal identify overtime as continued succession of conscious mental states. Take for example the word "word". I can look as identity as just "w" "o" "r" "d" or the whole word "word". My biggest problem is there must be some changes which are incompatible. Strokes etc. Where does someone draw the line and say this change is to much? I also realize there memory. But memory of a successive invents seems not enough detail of how the brain works. Is memory good enough?

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

You'll probably know the change is too much for the same reason some of these letters dropped out usage.
https://youtu.be/zUrDUxh5xS0

eafe

Postby eafe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:27 am

Was this meant as a joke?

Fascinating video but I don't really get the point. The letters were overly complex ? Can someone explain?

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”