September 2017 CNY Skeptics Meeting: "Orbs or Dust: Demystifying Alleged Paranormal Photography"

Calendar of Upcoming Skeptic Events
Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: September 2017 CNY Skeptics Meeting: "Orbs or Dust: Demystifying Alleged Paranormal Photography"

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:24 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gord wrote:Did gorgeous post a source for that quote, the one I'm looking for?
The Krishna stuff is from a Hindu religious website, he's copying & pasting from. He left a link but I didn't check it.

He copied the fake Telsla quote from an advertisement for Tesla pink Mouse-mats.
:D

I can't see gorgeous' posts without clicking on them, and I don't wanna do that if my answers aren't in there.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: September 2017 CNY Skeptics Meeting: "Orbs or Dust: Demystifying Alleged Paranormal Photography"

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:26 am

Gord wrote: I can't see gorgeous' posts without clicking on them, and I don't wanna do that if my answers aren't in there.
Don't bother. It's not even defined as a quote. It's just a sales pitch. In court it would be called "a mere puff" or hyperbole.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 am

Looks like things haven't changed mich around here in the past six months since I've been gone.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:10 am

Austin Harper wrote:Looks like things haven't changed much around here in the past six months since I've been gone.

No, they haven't. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:47 am

Didja bring beer?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 am

Just Zima.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:09 am

No, I don't need a car, just a beer.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 am

Austin Harper wrote:Looks like things haven't changed mich around here in the past six months since I've been gone.

Zeuzzz died. I don'r really know the exact circumstances but he died in his sleep. I'm suspicious he was smoking DMT as he said he did and blocked the oxygen take up in his brain. I hate to say it....but it was probably a good thing he died rather than survived with severe damage.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22001&start=1920#p557991

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:54 pm

That's so tragic. He really did believe the idea he was promoting and it seems that in the end that's what took his life. It's in times like these that we really can see the answer to the age-old question of "what's the harm?". RIP, zeuzzz. We rarely saw eye to eye, but I respected your enthusiasm and perseverance, even if they were ultimately misplaced.

Return to “Skeptic Events”