It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis

Share your thoughts on the written word.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis

Postby Tom Palven » Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am

It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

On page 341 of the Signet Classics edition, 2014, the protagonist says of the new fascist US President character, "His clique was not a government within a government: it was the government itself..."

If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see it described as a "government within a government."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_within_a_state

It's interesting to see that some were aware of this kind of thing way back then, and it seems to be what we have now, a fascist deep state led by lying James Clapper, John Brennan, and their unelected apparathiki like John Bolton, who will not allow peace with Russia, Iran, or North Korea, and only a grudging, temporary, detente with China.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Groups of people being opposed by other people. Certainly the topic of the first political analysis ever written? .......... and what was that btw.....I'm thinking Peloponnese Wars? I'll bet the Chinese wrote something earlier....but we don't count that.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Tom Palven wrote:It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

On page 341 of the Signet Classics edition, 2014, the protagonist says of the new fascist US President character, "His clique was not a government within a government: it was the government itself..."

If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see it described as a "government within a government."

It's interesting to see that some were aware of this kind of thing way back then, and it seems to be what we have now, a fascist deep state led by lying James Clapper, John Brennan, and their unelected apparathiki like John Bolton, who will not allow peace with Russia, Iran, or North Korea, and only a grudging, temporary, detente with China.

I read that book! I liked it. And that might be all I have to contribute to this thread.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Monster wrote: It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.
I read that book! I liked it. And that might be all I have to contribute to this thread.

Might a "takeaway" have stuck with you? Most good books have a line or thought or two that stick with us?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Monster wrote: It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

Might a "takeaway" have stuck with you? Most good books have a line or thought or two that stick with us?

Here are some notes:
1. Windrip's presidential platform seemed untenable, even in the time setting of the book, which was in the 30s. One of the positions was the eradication of women's suffrage. And another was absolute dictatorial power. He said that that last one was absolutely unquestionable. He must have absolute power. His other positions could fail to come to fruition, but he must have absolute power.
2. Windrip declared martial law within one or two days of winning the election.
3. The beginning of the dystopian fascist US government was a specific event. Some soldiers, or paramilitary people, or some sort of armed guards, were guarding some building because Windrip ordered it. Protesters were at the building demanding entry. Windrip came on a loudspeaker and said something like the following, to the guards: "I need you to stand up for your country! I need you to stand up for me! I support you, and I need you to support me! If someone tries to get into the building, give 'em a bayonet! Do it for me and do it for your country!" So, Windrip ordered the soldiers to commit violence against the protesters. That's exactly what happened. The protest harassed the soldiers and the soldiers murdered the protesters. That would be the very start of the dictatorship, in my opinion.
4. The end of the book involved one of the guys who was involved in the resistance. He was translating some German anti-fascist propaganda, preparing it for distribution. He was hiding in Canada, I think.
5. The US was divided into new pieces. The state setup that we're familiar with was dissolved. Instead, new districts were made with entirely new borders. The names were weird too. Like District 1 or District B or something like that.
6. The US was preparing to declare war on Mexico at some point in the book. War hadn't been declared yet.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri May 25, 2018 1:11 am

Tom Palven wrote:It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

Forgive me for repeating this post. I added the emphasis in the last sentence and hope that a few skeptics, if no one else in the US, will try to connect a few dots. Now I'm going to make myself a strong drink.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am

hannity deep state 2.jpg

Tom Palven wrote:If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see it described as a "government within a government."
Wikipedia also has a page on Sherlock Holmes. It doesn't make make Sherlock Holmes real does it? :lol:

Name one person who belongs to this "Deep State" that you and Sean Hannity claim is the real enemy of Trump?

Hannity deep state.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Name one person who belongs to this "Deep State" that you and Sean Hannity claim is the real enemy of Trump?

James Clapper.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Name one person who belongs to this "Deep State" that you and Sean Hannity claim is the real enemy of Trump?
Tom Palven wrote:James Clapper.

Sooooo... you and Sean Hannity, two retarded uber-conservatives, are claiming James Clapper, who was appointed by Barack Obama, to be the director of the National Intelligence Committee, is secretly a "boogieman" from the secret "deep state" who really runs the world.

Using both your brain cells........doesn't that mean Barack Obama is leader of the deep state, as he made the appointment?

Are you really that stupid?
:lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Name one person who belongs to this "Deep State" that you and Sean Hannity claim is the real enemy of Trump?

Sooooo... you and Sean Hannity, two retarded uber-conservatives, are claiming James Clapper, who was appointed by Barack Obama, to be the director of the National Intelligence Committee, is secretly a "boogieman" from the secret "deep state" who really runs the world.

Using both your brain cells........doesn't that mean Barack Obama is leader of the deep state, as he made the appointment?

Are you really that stupid?

Yes, James Clapper, originally appointed by George Bush, along with what you have referred to as the secret police "steering committee."

And since you love fascist secret police so much, it must make you very happy that lying James Clapper and his henchmen also indirectly control Australia. (Along with Lithuania, Romania, Poland, Morocco, etc.)
http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/worl ... cle/523555

Why Snowden is my hero and your enemy, from Wikipedia:

"When Edward Snowden was asked during a January 26, 2014, television interview in Moscow what the decisive moment was or what caused him to whistle-blow, he replied: "Sort of the breaking point was seeing the director of national intelligence, James Clapper, directly lie under oath to Congress. ... Seeing that really meant for me there was no going back."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clapper

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom's New Stupid Conspiracy Theory

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Name one person who belongs to this "Deep State" that you and Sean Hannity claim is the real enemy of Trump?
Tom Palven wrote: James Clapper, originally appointed by George Bush......
Soooo if George Bush appointed Clapper doesn't you own insane logic mean that George Bush is leader of your magical Deep State Illuminati ? Are you really that stupid? :lol:

Tom Palven wrote:....along with secret police "steering committee."
There is no secret police steering committee. You copied that Russian talk point from Sean Hannity remember? :lol:

You also forgot that Clapper resigned as director of National Intelligence. Dan Coats, was appointed as the new Director of National Intelligence by President Trump.

Sooooo......are you so incredibly stupid you are claiming Trump is the head of the "Deep State" secret Illuminati government that is trying to undermine the Trump government? You are that dumb, so I wouldn't be surprised. :lol:

Tom Palven's New Insane Conspiracy Claim
Tom Palven wrote: lying James Clapper and his henchmen also indirectly control Australia. (Along with Lithuania, Romania, Poland, Morocco, etc.)
That was more insane than your usual BS claims. Write down in your own words, how Clapper, a retired general, living in the USA, controls Australia, Lithuania, Romania, Poland and Morocco. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Tom's New Stupid Conspiracy Theory

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:44 am

Hannity deep state 3.jpg
Hannity interview 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Tom Palven's New Insane Conspiracy Claim
Tom Palven wrote: lying James Clapper and his henchmen also indirectly control Australia. (Along with Lithuania, Romania, Poland, Morocco, etc.)
That was more insane than your usual BS claims. Write down in your own words, how Clapper, a retired general, living in the USA, controls Australia, Lithuania, Romania, Poland and Morocco. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Clapper and WHAT YOU REFERRED TO as the US intelligence community "steering committee" control with carrots and sticks, mostly carrots that their subordinates hand out when discussing new drone bases, military exercises, and so on with such countries as Poland, Morocco, and Australia.

Barack Obama was in favor of the Arab Spring democratization, and had no control over US CENTCOM overthrowing the newly elected democratic parliament in Egypt and funding its military dictator before, during, and after the coup. Trump said that he had no control over the CIA refusing to hand over the remaining thousands of secret documents relating to the Kennedy murder. (Remember that I predicted that the CIA would never hand over those documents despite being mandaated to do so by law?)

And Trump will have no control over the Korean peace process or the removal of sanctions on North Korea.

We already hear US mainstream propaganda questioning North Korean sincerity and whether the North Korean destruction of a weapons-testing site wasn't just smoke and mirrors.

But even the US deep state/MIC may not be able to prevent the peace process from happening.

It is possible the North and South Koreans will sign a peace treaty that the Chinese and Russian governments will agree to enforce despite the antics of the US deep state.

We will know more within a week or so.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:57 am

Tom Palven : Evidence : James Clapper indirectly controls Australia
Tom Palven wrote:lying James Clapper and his henchmen also indirectly control Australia. (Along with Lithuania, Romania, Poland, Morocco, etc.)
http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/worl ... cle/523555

The article you linked, does not mention James Clapper, Australia or claim anyone indirectly controlling any country. You are so stupid you posted an article and hoped no one would read it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven : Evidence : James Clapper is a member of Deep State World Illuminati
Tom Palven wrote: James Clapper and WHAT YOU REFERRED TO as the US intelligence community "steering committee"
You are an idiot. 1) The USA is not the world. 2) The US Director of National Intelligence is appointed by the President to coordinate 17 Intelligence gathering agencies. Your magical Secret Deep State World Illuminati did not appoint Clapper. President Obama did. Your hero, Donald Trump, appointed the current director. Are you claiming Donald Trump runs your magical Secret Deep State World Illuminati? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven : Evidence : CIA had JFK Executed
Tom Palven wrote:Trump said that he had no control over the CIA refusing to hand over the remaining thousands of secret documents relating to the Kennedy murder. (Remember that I predicted that the CIA would never hand over those documents despite being mandaated to do so by law?)
You are an idiot. Trump appointed Pompeo as director of the CIA in January 2017. Pompeo informed Trump that he could not release any papers that contained the names of living informants or agents under George Bush's own law that made that illegal. Have you forgotten why Scooter Libby went to jail?

You have absolutely no evidence the CIA had JFK executed.

Tom Palven : Nth Korea destroyed test site in May 2018 as goodwill
Tom Palven wrote:We already hear US mainstream propaganda questioning North Korean sincerity and whether the North Korean destruction of a weapons-testing site wasn't just smoke and mirrors.
The North Korean test facility already collapsed in September 2017. You and Trump don't know anything about the real world as you are both barely able to read and write. .
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/1 ... -200-dead/

Tom Palven wrote: We will know more within a week or so.
The rest of us already knew this in September 2017. You really are just ignorant about everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.smh.com.au/world/after-six- ... z5ixm.html

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You have absolutely no evidence the CIA had JFK executed.

I've never claimed any evidence. It's been my opinion that Oswald worked for both the CIA and for Castro, and killed Kennedy on behalf of Castro, and that this is too much of an embarrassment to the CIA public relations department for the CIA to ever allow the documents to be released.

We can only hope that someone like Snowden, Assange, or Manning gains access to them.

More importantly, though, we should know within in a week or so just how far the CIA/MIC will go to monkeywrench a Korean peace deal.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:35 am

Tom Palven wrote: It's been my opinion that Oswald worked for both the CIA and for Castro, and killed Kennedy on behalf of Castro, and that this is too much of an embarrassment to the CIA public relations department for the CIA to ever allow the documents to be released.
Great fictional story Tom. Bummer you don't have any evidence for this new BS claim and you can't explain why Oswald shot police officer Tibbett. Do you think Castro and the CIA really hated police officer Tibbett? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven wrote: We should know within in a week or so just how far the CIA/MIC will go to monkeywrench a Korean peace deal.
What Korean peace deal? The North Korean test facility already collapsed in September 2017 killing 200 North Koreans. North Korea then pretended to "blow it up" in May 2018 while building their next test facility. The only idiots who don't know this is you, Trump and Fox & Friends.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: We should know within in a week or so just how far the CIA/MIC will go to monkeywrench a Korean peace deal.
What Korean peace deal? The North Korean test facility already collapsed in September 2017 killing 200 North Koreans. North Korea then pretended to "blow it up" in May 2018 while building their next test facility. The only idiots who don't know this is you, Trump and Fox & Friends.

Seems like you and John Bolton have your deep state fascist propaganda down pat, but will it be enough to monkeywrench a peace deal on the Korean penninsula? We'll see in a week or so.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/777065/tr ... orea-talks

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: What Korean peace deal? The North Korean test facility already collapsed in September 2017 killing 200 North Koreans. North Korea then pretended to "blow it up" in May 2018 while building their next test facility. The only idiots who don't know this is you, Trump and Fox & Friends.

Tom Palven wrote:Seems like you and John Bolton have your deep state fascist propaganda down pat
No Tom. You are the uber-conservative Trump fan, spamming pro-Trump Russian talk points and parroting Fox & Friends, and you forgot Trump hired Bolton. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one needs to do anything about North Korea. It's economy is in tatters and it can't keep out mobile phones, Free to air TV, radio and other Sth Korean information. Its weapons test site collapsed six months ago and it's running out of people to shoot. Its only friend, China is becoming rich and North Koreans are getting restless.

I'm also laughing at you, pretending to be a non-interfering "Libertarian" while simultaneously saying the USA has to interfere in North Korea. North Korea was never at war with the USA. It was at war with South Korea and the United Nations. However you are too stupid to understand that. :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:No one needs to do anything about North Korea. It's economy is in tatters and it can't keep out mobile phones, Free to air TV, radio and other Sth Korean information. :lol:

Just four more days and we'll probably find out whether your beloved Intelligence Community/MIC can prevent the Koreans from waging peace.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 am

double post
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 am

Tom Palven wrote:Just four more days and we'll probably find out whether your beloved Intelligence Community/MIC can prevent the Koreans from waging peace.

You really are a complete moron. The two Koreas are already at peace. The armistice was signed in 1953.

Why are you sooooooo stupid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Just four more days and we'll probably find out whether your beloved Intelligence Community/MIC can prevent the Koreans from waging peace.

You really are a complete moron. The two Koreas are already at peace. The armistice was signed in 1953.

Why are you sooooooo stupid?

It's inconceivable that the deep state/MIC, so heavily invested in joint military operations with South Korea and a blockade of North Korea to counter China, will allow the possibility of South Korea falling out of US control.

And since desperate times call for desperate measures it will not be surprising if some tragic accident befalls President Moon or possibly Kim or Trump in the next few days, or if Trump flat-out changes his mind again or can't attend due to a crisis with Melania or something.

And btw, as the article below indicates, when push come to shove, leading Democrats are always as much in the pockets of the MIC as are leading neoconservatives.
https://original.antiwar.com/Simone_Chu ... peninsula/

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:48 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You really are a complete moron. The two Koreas are already at peace. The armistice was signed in 1953. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven wrote: It's inconceivable that the deep state/MIC....
It is inconceivable as there is no such thing as the "Deep State". :lol: :lol: :lol:

The "Deep State" is something you, Fox & Friends and Sean Hannity claim exists as you are all Trump fans copying anti-USA Russian talk points.
hannity deep state 2.jpg

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 am

Tom Palven wrote:..... will allow the possibility of South Korea falling out of US control.
Trump imposed tariffs on Sth Korea, as it isn't under US control, you idiot. :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven wrote:..... if some tragic accident befalls President Trump in the next few days....
The world will become a better place and hopefully you will piss off back to Trump fan forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 am

Two days to go.

Prediction:

Even if Kim agrees to completely, unilaterally, disarm and allow UN weapons inspectors to crawl over every inch of his country, as Saddam Hussein did, the US Deep State will come up with some reason to continue its sanctions, blockade, and military exercises aimed at his country.

It has always previously been the US position that it will not meet with the North Korean government until it completely dismantles its nuclear capability.

By agreeing to talk to Kim without pre-conditions Trump has kinda painted himself into a corner, so it will be interesting to see what excuse he will be forced to offer in order to try to maintain the status quo.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:05 am

Tom Palven wrote:the US Deep State will come up with some reason to continue its sanctions,

Name anyone who can sign trade agreements and also belongs to your and Sean Hannity's magical Deep State world Illuminati conspiracy?

You can't can you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hannity deep state 6.jpg

Now tell us about India and Pakistan joining Shanghai Cooperation Organization trade block, last week, and what that means. You don't have a clue what this trade block is, do you? :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:the US Deep State will come up with some reason to continue its sanctions,

Name anyone who can sign trade agreements and also belongs to your and Sean Hannity's magical Deep State world Illuminati conspiracy?

You can't can you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:hannity deep state 6.jpg

Just one day to go.

The Deep State/Military-Industrial Complex is so heavily invested, both financially and emotionally, in control of the Korean peninsula and the South China Sea that it can't possibly allow this ignorant upstart Trump to give away the farm.

It will pull out all the stops to continue to prevent friendship and trade between North and South Korea, and it will be interesting to see what these actions amount to. :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

More insane Fox Conspiracies from Tom Palven

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Name anyone who can sign trade agreements and also belongs to your and Sean Hannity's magical Deep State world Illuminati conspiracy? You can't can you?
Running away.jpg

Tom Palven wrote:Just one day to go. The Deep State ....is so heavily invested, both financially and emotionally, in control of the Korean peninsula .....
Name one person from your's and Sean Hannity's "Secret Deep State Illuminati World Order" who is doing this.
hannity deep state 6.jpg

Is the same secret Jewish conspiracy run by the Rothschilds that Gorgeous claims is real? Is it the Alien Lizard people conspiracy taking over Earth, as also posted by Gorgeous?

Why can't you and Sean Hannity just tell us their names?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: More insane Fox Conspiracies from Tom Palven

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Tom Palven wrote:Just one day to go. The Deep State ....is so heavily invested, both financially and emotionally, in control of the Korean peninsula .....

Name one person ...who is doing this.

Go to the original post for your answer.

You are more of a Hannity fan than I am. I rarely watch TV, and have NEVER seen the Hannity show.

I've listened to him on the radio for moments at a time awhile back, but not nearly to the extent that I listen to Terry Gross and Ira Flatow on NPR.

At least Hannity actually discusses political issues. Limbaugh, on the other hand, manages to fill three hours a day with continued attacks on Obama, the Clintons, and liberals in general as boogeymen, and extraneous BS about his golf game or whatever, avoiding any real issues.

Did you adapt you posting style from Limbaugh's attack mode commentary?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:20 am

Tom Palven wrote:You are more of a Hannity fan than I am.
You are directly copying Fox's Sean Hannity's Secret Deep State Conspiracy claims onto our forum, every day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hannity deep state 6.jpg

Tom Palven wrote:Just one day to go. The Deep State ....
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29399&p=646850&hilit=deep#p646850
Tom Palven wrote:the US Deep State will come up with some reason.....
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29399&p=646821&hilit=deep#p646821
Tom Palven wrote:It's inconceivable that the deep state/MIC, so heavily invested in joint military operations with South Korea.....
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29399&p=646611&hilit=deep#p646611
Tom Palven wrote: that the Deep State/MIC will make him an offer that he can't refuse.....
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29212&p=646257&hilit=deep#p646257
Tom Palven wrote: deep state fascist propaganda down pat, but will it be enough to monkeywrench a peace deal
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29399&p=646232&hilit=deep#p646232
Tom Palven wrote:deep state neoconservative fascist agenda or has been coerced......
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=27915&p=645117&hilit=deep#p645117
Tom Palven wrote: If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see.........
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29399&p=645016&hilit=deep#p645016
Tom Palven wrote:CIA running the US Deep State and thus the world.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29212&p=645014&hilit=deep#p645014

Tom Palven wrote:At least Hannity actually discusses political issues.
We all know you copy Fox & Friends here, as you love Donald Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hannity: Proof the deep state is real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-sGmnoR_w

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 am

Hey Tom.........Why are you directly copying Sean Hannity's "Secret Deep State Conspiracy" claims onto our forum?

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: "And welcome to the special edition of "Hannity" -- Trump versus the deep state. And tonight for the full hour, we're going to highlight the president's efforts to dismantle the tangled elitist web of high-ranking government bureaucrats who are just hell-bent on destroying his administration and many actually cheering for failure."
http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/ ... korea.html
Deep State 7.jpg
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 am

You know how you've essentially had sex with everyone your sexual partner has had sex with in the past if you don't use protection?
Does that mean Sean Hannity has basically had sex with Putin since trump so willingly drops to his knees when he's at the Kremlin?
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 am

Aztexan wrote:Does that mean Sean Hannity has basically had sex with Putin since trump so willingly drops to his knees when he's at the Kremlin?

Sean Hannity directly uses Russian talk points, same as Tom Palven. :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:You are more of a Hannity fan than I am.
You are directly copying Fox's Sean Hannity's Secret Deep State Conspiracy claims onto our forum, every day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't be influenced by Hannity because I don't listen to Hannity.

If I'm influenced by anything it would be the news I gather from The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, Anti-War.com, Reuters, Al-Jazeera, and other news sources.

Are your opinions handed down by God, or merely by ASIS, a handmaiden of the Brennan-Clapper CIA?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Name anyone who can sign trade agreements and also belongs to your and Sean Hannity's magical Deep State world Illuminati conspiracy? You can't can you?
Running away.jpg

I was going to ask if you find these jpg's or make them up but not seeing your man over the wall pic in my preview....I did a quick google and it came up without captions on the first page. You must have photoshop or even something that loads a lot faster to make such captioning a breeze?

I appreciate your effort and humor..........I just don't understand why anyone would talk to a Deep State Nutter.

.................................but each of us to our own.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 am

Tom Palven wrote: I can't be influenced by Hannity because I don't listen to Hannity.
You are the worst liar ever. Two posts ago you said this.
Tom Palven wrote:At least Hannity actually discusses political issues.
viewtopic.php?f=26&p=646874#p646850
hannity deep state 6.jpg

Why do you lie so much to support Donald Trump, your hero? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I was going to ask if you find these jpg's or make them up...
I use Microsoft Paint and modify downloaded photos and screenshots. Microsoft Paint comes with Windows.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I just don't understand why anyone would talk to a Deep State Nutter.
Tom Palven copies Russian talk points onto the forum and Sean Hannity uses the same Russian talk points. It's fun to watch. I remind you that Sean Hannity was hiding that he was a client of Cohen, who was taking money from foreign companies to influence......Sean Hannity and Donald Trump. This is the real "swamp" that Tom Palven is trying to distract from. :D

Foreign spies could be manipulating Trump through Fox News
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/17/168 ... eign-spies

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

The peace deal that Trump and Kim signed isn't the end-all and be-all, but it sure is better than this peacenik expected.
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/06/11/tru ... re-summit/

Now, Kim and Moon can reach their own accord, allowing trade between the countries and ignoring the US embargo and sanctions on North Korea which the US Congress is unlikely to suspend, without fear of repercussions, (unless the CIA murders them both). :mrgreen:

We might even see the continuation of the Seoul to Moscow railway project that the US has blocked.

What is the ASIS position now on allowing trade between the two Koreas and removing the US sanctions and embargo?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Tom Palven wrote:The peace deal that Trump and Kim signed isn't the end-all and be-all,
It is a weaker agreement than the 1994 Clinton North Korean agreement, that North Korea broke by developing nuclear weapons. Trump's 2018 agreement allows North Korea to continue to manufacture weapons grade uranium and plutonium.

You really are a total idiot.

Tom Palven's really stupid , new conspiracy theory
Tom Palven wrote:Now, Kim and Moon can reach their own accord, allowing trade between the countries ....unless the CIA murders them both....
North Korea and South Korea have had trade and joint manufacturing facilities since 2002 at the Kaesong Industrial Region. The CIA didn't shoot the two presidents then did they?

You really don't know anything unless Sean Hannity says something on Fox & Friends, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hannity deep state 6.jpg

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Fox Conspiracies copied by Tom Palven

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Tom Palven wrote: I can't be influenced by Hannity because I don't listen to Hannity.
Tom Palven wrote:At least Hannity actually discusses political issues....

Which of your BS statements is correct today Tom?

Why do you lie so much to support Donald Trump, your hero?
Hannity.jpg

Return to “Book Reviews/Discussion”