Killing Hope by William Blum

Share your thoughts on the written word.
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 am
Just for your edification, Matt, here is a list of British Emperors of India:
You really are a total idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol: The English (Roman Britain) adopted Roman titles. "Emperor", "Count", "Duke" etc The USA adopted some titles " Senator"

The last Emperor of the British Empire was George VI when the UK gave India independence.
Tom Palven wrote:You truly believe that the Anglo-american empire....
So Tom Palven? Who do you claim is the Emperor of the US-UK Empire that you claim exists? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why are you so stupid?
Yogi bear 16.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 am

Why are you so stupid? Yogi bear 16.jpg

As much as I hate being as repetitious as you are with your Park Ranger nonsense, Matt, it just seems that you have complete FAITH in the righteousness, purity, and benevolence of the US Empire and the British Empire before the sun set on it, despite mounds of evidence that these empires have not necessarily been benevolent.

You have a FAITH in antiquated gunboat diplomacy that borders on the religious, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL which seems a little out of place at a Skeptics forum.
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/10/12/us- ... ppearance/

And remember, Matt, only YOU can prevent forest fires.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:52 am

Tom Palven wrote: As much as I hate being as repetitious as you are.........
Tom Palven wrote: You truly believe that the Anglo-american empire has been and still is a great and benevolent ....
You still haven't answered my questions. You claim the USA-UK is an empire. Who do you think is emperor? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you can't answer that question, clearly state that you withdraw your claim.
Yogi bear 16.jpg
(PS: Stop running away from skeptic's questions by making the same claim in other threads)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 am

The Forum's Motto
promoting science and critical thinking.JPG
Tom Palven wrote: This is not The Atheist Society Forum, Matt. This is The Skeptics Society Forum.
You really are an idiot. Are you now informing us that you are also a Christian? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Ignorance is Strength

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 am
The Forum's Motto
promoting science and critical thinking.JPG
Tom Palven wrote: This is not The Atheist Society Forum, Matt. This is The Skeptics Society Forum.
You really are an idiot. Are you now informing us that you are also a Christian? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Faulty logic as usual, Matt.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:23 am

Dodgeball 2.jpg
Tom Palven wrote: You truly believe that the Anglo-american empire has been and still is a great and benevolent ....
Tom Palven wrote: Faulty logic as usual, Matt.
Sooooooo.....Tom Palven. Are you still claiming that there is a US-UK empire? Who is emperor?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:52 am
Stop running away from skeptic's questions by making the same claim in other threads.
Heaven forfend that I'm as repetitious as you are with your Park Ranger nonsense, Matt.

It just appears that you have complete FAITH in the righteousness, purity, and benevolence of the US Empire and the British Empire before the sun set on it, despite mounds of evidence that these empires have not been benevolent.

Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state that borders on the religious and criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum.

Why is that?

And Matt, be careful, (anyone remember Gunsmoke?) only YOU can prevent forest fires.
Last edited by Tom Palven on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 am

Dodgeball 2.jpg
Tom Palven wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:08 pm
Heaven forfend that I'm as repetitious as you are with your Park Ranger nonsense, Matt.
So in essence, you claim there is a UK-USA Empire........but can't actually say who the emperor is meant to be, or name any dominion of this magical empire.

Why are you so stupid? It's not like you are stupid now and then, but 100% continuously stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you formally withdraw your BS claim Yes or No?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:33 am
Why are you so stupid? It's not like you are stupid now and then, but 100% continuously stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As much as it pains me to be as repetitious as your are with your park ranger nonsense, Matt, it just appears that you have complete FAITH in the righteousness, purity, and benevolence of the US Empire and the British Empire before the sun set on it, despite mounds of evidence that these empires have not been benevolent.

Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state which borders on the religious and criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum?

Why is that?

And remember Matt, only YOU can prevent forest fires.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 am

Dodgeball 3.jpg
Tom Palven wrote:You truly believe that the Anglo-american empire has been and still is a great and benevolent ....
So in essence, you claim there is a UK-USA Empire........but can't actually say who the emperor is meant to be, or name any dominion of this magical empire.

Why are you so stupid? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you formally withdraw your BS claim Yes or No?
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 am
of this magical empire.
Why are you so stupid? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as it pains me to be as repetitious as your are with your park ranger nonsense, Matt, it just appears that you have complete FAITH in the righteousness, purity, and benevolence of the US Empire and the British Empire before the sun set on it, despite mounds of evidence that these empires have not been benevolent.

Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state which borders on the religious and criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum?

Why is that?

Do you formally withdraw your claim that the US is not propping up the government of Saudi Arabia?

And remember Matt, only YOU can prevent forest fires.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 am

Dodgeball 3.jpg
This is a skeptic forum Tom Palven, where skeptics ask for evidence for your claims.. You directly lied and claimed there is a USA-UK Empire.

Are you still claiming this? Yes or No?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:44 am

Dodgeball 3.jpg
Tom Palven wrote:Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state
There is no such thing as the USA deep state conspiracy. You are simply copying Fox News propaganda to support Trump.

There is no such thing as the 1961 Military Industrial complex. You are 57 years out of date

For three years you have totally failed to provide any evidence for these two hilarious conspiracy claims, Do you have any evidence today No I didn't think so.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:44 am
There is no such thing as the 1961 Military Industrial complex. You are 57 years out of date.
As much as it distresses me to be as repetitious as your are with your park ranger nonsense, Matt, it just appears that you have complete FAITH in the righteousness, purity, and benevolence of US foreign policy.

Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state which borders on criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum?

And why not formally withdraw your claim that US air power has not been propping up the Vichy-like US occupation government in Afghanistan for the past 18 years?
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/10/10/civ ... ghanistan/

Remember, only YOU can prevent forest fires.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Dodgeball 3.jpg
Tom Palven wrote: Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state which borders on criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum?
Bad Sketicism Example / Tom Palven uses Strawman Arguments
Strawman arguments are not allowed on a Skeptic Forum Tom Palven.

"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You made up a strawman that "I prefer gunboat diplomacy" and then you argued against what you, yourself, made up. I never said it. :lol: :lol:

Show me where I have said this? You can't, can you? You just got caught lying again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why are you so stupid and lie all the time? :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm
Tom Palven wrote: Why not admit your complete FAITH in the murderous gunboat diplomacy of the MIC/US deep state which borders on criminally insane, a faith that is unquestioning and unSKEPTICAL, and which seems out of place at a Skeptics forum?
Bad Sketicism Example / Tom Palven uses Strawman Arguments
Strawman arguments are not allowed on a Skeptic Forum Tom Palven.
Matt, you have bashed me as being a park ranger, a conservative, a Trump supporter, and a Hannity fan, which are all false strawmen that you set up and knock down.

You have also used the ad hominems “idiot,” “liar,” and “scum,” among other things, to describe me.

I have presented an opinion that the US uses air power to support the Vichy-like occupation government in Afghanistan, have provided evidence to support my case, and have asserted that your opinion is BS.

Although I think that your opinion is BS, I don’t dispute your right to express it.

And you cry Foul!

I love it! :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Tom Palven wrote: Matt, you have bashed me as being a park ranger,
I am a skeptic on a skeptic forum. You are posting Fox News propaganda.

I am attacking your propaganda posts which claim fake conspiracies such as the Deep State conspiracy and 1961 Military Industrial Complex conspiracy are real, when you refuse to actually define them or provide one iota of evidence that they are real.

I then attack your strawman arguments, fake evidence links, outright lies and so on. Would you like to see the list?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Palven wrote:You have also used the ad hominems “idiot,” “liar,” and “scum,” among other things, to describe me.
That's because you are an idiot. A skeptic, like a scientist must states when he is wrong.

Do you still claim there is a current USA-UK Empire?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yogi bear 16.jpg

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm
A skeptic, like a scientist must states when he is wrong.
Do you still insist that US air power plays no role in propping up the Vichy-like occupation government of Afghanistan?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 am
Do you still insist that US air power plays no role in propping up the Vichy-like occupation government of Afghanistan?
1) There is no French Vichy government in Afghanistan. "Vichy" is a French city, you complete idiot where Petain moved the government after Germany occupied north France in WWII. :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy

2) The Government of Afghanistan is from Afghanistan and not a foreign occupation army :lol:

3) You directly claimed there is currently a USA-UK empire which is insane crap you made up on the spot. :lol:

4) Taliban (Madrasa religious school student movement) is controlled by Pakistan's ISI and is not the "home team" as you claimed.. Taliban hid Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan and then Pakistan. You don't know who Osama Bin Laden is, do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"October 2018 /Afghans remain resilient amid Taliban attacks aimed at derailing upcoming election"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/afghanista ... ng-voting/

Why are you so stupid and continuously lying?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm
A skeptic, like a scientist must states when he is wrong.

Do you still insist that US air power plays no part in propping up the occupation government in Afghanistan, Matt?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:36 am

Tom Palven wrote: Do you still insist that US air power plays no part in propping up the occupation government in Afghanistan, Matt?....... US air power plays propping up the Fourth Reich Vichy occupation government in Afghanistan:
1) The Afghanistan government is from Afghanistan and is not a French occupation government, Why do you still claim it is a French Vichy occupation government? :lol: :lol: (The German occupation government was in Paris, you complete idiot and not Vichy in south France. the Vichy government in Vichy was French. )

2) The USA is a member of NATO and NATO is bombing Taliban and ISIL after being invited to do so by the Afghanistan government Taliban and ISIL are trying to stop the Afghanistan free elections. Taliban is controlled from Pakistan and ISIL was simply thrown out of Syria. :lol: :lol:

3) The Taliban did not throw out the Soviets as you also lied about. It was the Mujahideen. Taliban did not exist until five years later. :lol: :lol:

You are an old senile forest ranger, who doesn't know where Afghanistan is.
You don't know who the current government of Afghanistan is at all..
You don't know who the Mujahideen were
You don't know who ISIL is
You don't know who Taliban is or why they hid Osame Bin Laden.
You don't even know who Osama Bin Laden is.
Yogi bear 15.jpg

It is clear you are slightly retarded and forget facts five minutes after you have been informed. I assume you can't remember anything after sundown. :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: A skeptic, like a scientist must states when he is wrong.

Do you still insist that US air power plays no role in propping up the government of Afghanistan, Matt?

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Re: Killing Hope by William Blum

Post by Austin Harper » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Tom, you're really moving the goalposts on what you think Matt is claiming.
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 am
Do you still insist that US air power plays no part in propping up the occupation government in Afghanistan, Matt?
Tom Palven wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am
Do you still insist that US air power plays no role in propping up the government of Afghanistan, Matt?
I ran a search for your use of the term Vichy and it looks like you first used it to refer to the government of Israel in 2009 where you said
Tom Palven wrote:
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:58 pm
A pliable, Vichy-type or Raj-type government is one where you buy the top politcal and military leaders, refer to them as "moderates". and then seek your objectives.
In 2011 you started using this term to refer to the government of Afghanistan starting in 2011. First of all, I don't really think what you're describing there is very similar to Vichy France, which I assume is the comparison you're trying to make, nor do I think it describes the current government of Afghanistan. Would you please explain how your definition is similar to the actual Vichy government or how the government of Afghanistan is similar to either your definition or to Vichy France?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Vichy: A town in central France (south of Paris) noted for hot mineral springs; was capital of the unoccupied part of France during World War II
/// I forgot the "unoccupied" part.

Everything is "like" anything else from 0 to 99.99 percent. I assume the "Vichy" element is that the current nominal Afghan gubments are being propped up by US air power....and said Afghan gubment under the thumb/control of USA would fall immediately on the absence of USA foreign/invading assistance/appointment? It misses a lot of elements of WW2 Occupied France...but its close enough for the point trying to be made?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:35 pm
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
I don't think that I've moved the goal posts.

In the History section in the thread History Repeats in Afghanistan (comparing the situation to the Vietnam War) on Sunday August 19 at 3:28 AM this exchange took place :

Tom Palven wrote:
Without US air power the homeboy resistance would have sent our US crusaders packing long ago.

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You absolute idiot. The Afghanistan army that fights Taliban uses Russian equipment.

Why do you lie so much?

Since that exchange Matt has refused to admit that the US air force is even involved in Afghanistan. He simply obfuscates and atttacks with ad hominems.

It's the same with Adam Smith, a peace-preaching classical liberal philosophy professor at the University of Glasgow, and not a conservative economist, as Matt insists.

The real irony is that he says that I must admit my errors. :roll:

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Tom Palven wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Austin Harper wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:35 pm
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
I don't think that I've moved the goal posts.
Seriously? I quoted three successive instances of you saying "Do you still insist that..." where you are asking about a slightly less specific each time. First you said it was a "Vichy-like occupation government", then when you saw that it wasn't Vichy-like you removed that term from your question, then when you saw that it wasn't an occupation you removed that term as well while retaining the "still" in your question.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Composition of Afghan airforce.
Its Air Force has about 100 refurbished aircraft, which includes A-29 Super Tucano attack aircraft, (Brazil) Lockheed C-130 Hercules (USA )and Pilatus PC-12s (Switzerland) military transport aircraft, as well as Mil Mi-17 and Mi-24 helicopters (Russia). It also includes trainers such as Aero L-39 Albatros and Cessna 182. The manpower of the Afghan Air Force is around 3600 airmen, including 450 pilots. It also has small number of female pilots.
I've added the country of origin in bold.

Since then, the USA has supplied them with 20 or so new helicopters, but I don't know who made them. Note that the above are all refurbished, meaning they passed through someone else's ownership before getting to Afghanistan (except maybe the Russian helicopters).

Pilots are trained by the Americans. Army officers are trained by India.

If we stacked all the straw on this thread in one place, we could use it as a space elevator.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Composition of Afghan airforce.
Its Air Force has about 100 refurbished aircraft, which includes A-29 Super Tucano attack aircraft, (Brazil) Lockheed C-130 Hercules (USA )and Pilatus PC-12s (Switzerland) military transport aircraft, as well as Mil Mi-17 and Mi-24 helicopters (Russia). It also includes trainers such as Aero L-39 Albatros and Cessna 182. The manpower of the Afghan Air Force is around 3600 airmen, including 450 pilots. It also has small number of female pilots.
I've added the country of origin in bold.

Since then, the USA has supplied them with 20 or so new helicopters, but I don't know who made them. Note that the above are all refurbished, meaning they passed through someone else's ownership before getting to Afghanistan (except maybe the Russian helicopters).

Pilots are trained by the Americans. Army officers are trained by India.

If we stacked all the straw on this thread in one place, we could use it as a space elevator.

The composition of the Afghan air force sounds like one of Matt's irrelevant red herrings, pretending US air force bombing doesn't exist.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist post wrote:Vichy: A town in central France (south of Paris) noted for hot mineral springs; was capital of the unoccupied part of France during World War II //// I forgot the "unoccupied" part.

Tom Palven doesn't know anything about Vichy France or any general history at all. He thinks it was the name of an occupation government. In reality the Germans occupied north France, in Paris, but did not have enough troops to occupy all of France.. The French government fled to Vichy in south France. The UK and the Vichy French government then had a large naval battle as the Vichy French refused to hand over their battleships..

Tom Palven makes the same mistake as the holocaust deniers and thinks the Vichy government was an military occupation government and refuse to check basic facts.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Tom Palven wrote: I don't think that I've moved the goal posts.
Tom Palven wrote: Without US air power the homeboy resistance would have sent our US crusaders packing long ago."

1) Tom Palven claims the Taliban fundamentalist religious student movement , who are controlled by Pakistan's ISI, and who hid Osama Bin Laden, are the "homeboys" in Afghanistan and thus the good guys.

2) Tom Palven claims the Afghan Government which was elected in, are a "Vichy government of occupation" and thus the baddies

3) Tom Plaven claims NATO which is fighting ISIL and Taliban in Afghanistan, at the Afghan government's request is the "USA-UK Empire" and also baddies

4) T om Palven claims Taliban threw out the Soviets, although they didn't exist for another decade and it was the mujahideen that threw out the Soviets.

5) Tom Palven doesn't know who Osama Bin Laden is or that Taliban hid him,

6) Tom pretends to support democracy but supports Taliban.

Current News Headlines
"Afghan election: Taliban threatens violence but campaign is intense."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 6c2a23e2be

"Taliban threatens to disrupt Afghan elections"
https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 487_1.html

"Afghan Police Chief Killed in Taliban Terrorist Attack"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/afghan-pol ... 1539875233

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:02 am

Tom Palven wrote:The composition of the Afghan air force sounds like one of Matt's irrelevant red herrings,
You are lying again Tom Palven. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You claimed the war in Afghanistan was caused by the "MIC" (1961 US Military Industrial Complex Conspiracy). That 57 year old conspiracy, states that arms manufacturers will start wars to sell military equipment.

When I pointed out that the Afghan army and airforce had uses and still uses Russian equipment, you claimed the "USA-UK Empire" was bombing Afghanistan and tried to change topic.

You are simply really stupid and a very bad liar.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:09 am

Tom Palven wrote: Matt has refused to admit that the US air force is even involved in Afghanistan.
I have clearly posted thirteen times that the USA is part of NATOs "Resolute Support Mission" and "IASF" in Afghanistan, at the invitation of the Afghanistan government. The British, French and 28 other countries are there with the USA. You keep forgetting that on purpose.

Why do you lie so much?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:20 am

Tom Palven wrote:It's the same with Adam Smith, a peace-preaching classical liberal philosophy professor at the University of Glasgow, and not a conservative economist, as Matt insists.
You are lying again Tom Palven.

1) Where did I say Adam Smith was a conservative economist? I simply said he was an economist, as I studied his books and work on taxation in economics..

2) You denied Adam Smith was an economist. I pointed out Adam Smith used competitive firm's supply and demand curves to claim "an invisible hand" causes economic efficiency and quoted all the economic websites that clearly state Adam Smith is the father of economics.

"Adam Smith: The Father of Economics"
https://www.investopedia.com/updates/ad ... economics/

3) You then lied and said you studied Adam Smith for your economics modules, when you were actually studying horticulture for your park ranger forestry college. :lol: :lol:
Cornell.jpg

Why do you lie so much?
Yogi bear 3.jpg

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:50 am

Austin Harper wrote: First you said it was a "Vichy-like occupation government", then when you saw that it wasn't Vichy-like you removed that term from your question,
Actually Tom Palven started with...........
Tom Palven wrote: ...... propping up the Fourth Reich Vichy occupation government in Afghanistan.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... hy#p667599

Considering the Third Reich occupied North France and the Vichy government,in Vichy, wasn't an occupation government at all, it can be assumed Tom Palven knows nothing about history at all, and is calling the elected Afghan government the Fourth Reich. :lol: :lol:
Yogi bear 5.jpg

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Matt Ellard is a Neocon

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:48 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:02 am

When I pointed out that the Afghan army and airforce had uses and still uses Russian equipment, you claimed the "USA-UK Empire" was bombing Afghanistan and tried to change topic.

You are simply really stupid and a very bad liar. [/color] :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are the one changing the subject for three more posts in a row.

Whether the Afghan army and air force uses Russian equipment or not was never an issue, and is a red herring irrelevant to the fact that the US has been bombing people in Afghanistan, helping to enrich the MIC and bankrupt the US, for 17 years.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 am

Tom Palven on 18th of August wrote: The war in Afghainstan continues to be a great success as a cash cow for the MIC
Tom Palven today wrote: the US has been bombing people in Afghanistan, helping to enrich the MIC
Tom Palven lies and claims the Afghanistan war is a "cash cow" for the non existing 1961 USA Military Industrial Complex Conspiracy, to sell weapons to Afghanistan. Skeptics inform Tom Palven the Afghanistan military uses Russian equipment and NATO forces use non-US and US equipment and he is lying. Tom Palven then tells another lie to hide his idiocy.
Tom Palven today wrote: Whether the Afghan army and air force uses Russian equipment or not was never an issue
Then why did you claim it was an issue on the 18th of August? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you tell so many lies? ,

When are you going to answer the questions Austin, Bobbo, Oleg and myself have asked you, about your propaganda claims, in the above posts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dodgeball 3.jpg
I suggest you go back to posting on a Tea Party forum or Fox News forum or Libertarian forum, where you BS propaganda isn't questioned.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:47 am

Afghan election day plunges into chaos with multiple Taliban attacks on polling stations
https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-ea ... fb6a8f6aaa

Sooooo........ Tom Palven

You claim the Taliban are "home boys" ( In reality they are Pakistani controlled fundamental religious terrorists, who hid Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan)

You claim the Afghan government is the "Fourth Reich Vichy occupation government" ( In reality they are the elected government hosting the 2018 democratic elections)

Do you still support Taliban's recent executions of civilians and bombing of children at polling stations to prevent democratic elections?
Yogi bear 6.jpg

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Matt Ellard is a Neocon

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 am
Tom Palven lies and claims the Afghanistan war is a "cash cow" for the non existing 1961 USA Military Industrial Complex Conspiracy, to sell weapons to Afghanistan.

I'll stand by my opinion that the Afghanistan War is a cash cow for US weapons producers.

And I don't see any change in your attitude that idicates that you are not a neocon interventionist, despite your claim to be a socialist .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

As leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party Adolph Hitler was an avowed socialist and also a warmonger.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 am

Tom Palven wrote:I'll stand by my opinion that the Afghanistan War is a cash cow for US weapons producers.

Tom Palven? You are a US forest ranger with an IQ in the low 80s, who supports Taliban ( the fundamental Pakistan supported religious group that cuts off people's hands) who blow up children to stop democratic elections in Afghanistan. You hate the Afghanistan democratic elections of 2018.

Link me to your best evidence of NATO members (Resolute Support Mission (RSM)} all use US weapons under your insane 1961 MIC theory, that they are profiting selling weapons to Afghanistan, who uses Russian equipment? (That incluse the UK. French, Australia and so on)

Why are you so continuously stupid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Palven wrote:As leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party Adolph Hitler was an avowed socialist .
Why do you like Hitler and Taliban who blows up school girls? Write down Hitler's socialist policies. (You don't actually know who Hitler, is do you? ) :D :D

Why do you enjoy Taliban, who you call the legitimate "home boys" of Afghanistan, hiding Osama Bin Laden after he killed 3,500 US citizens in 9/11? Please explain? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yogi bear 6.jpg
Tom Palven wrote:.... propping up the Fourth Reich Vichy occupation government in Afghanistan.
Wow. You really hate the democratic government of Afghanistan and love Taliban, don't you? Is that a common pro -Trump thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Matt is as Neocon as Cheney and Bolton

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 am
Tom Palven? You are a US forest ranger with an IQ in the low 80s...

I'll stand by my opinion that the Afghanistan War is a cash cow for US weapons producers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 0005430921

And I don't see any change in your attitude that indicates that you are not a neocon interventionist, despite your claim to be a socialist.

As leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party Adolph Hitler was an avowed socialist and also a warmonger.