British Distopian Fascism--Killing Its Citizens

Where no two people are likely to agree.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

British Distopian Fascism--Killing Its Citizens

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Thats how I view the Alfie Evans case. Even though I "agree" with the Courts and think the Parents and the Pope are totally looney-tunes, its at its most basic, an issue of FREEEEEEEEDOM. The Courts should leave the parents alone to take advantage of the Pope's idiot hypocritical offer.

I don't think the same thing would occur in the USA at all. Courts here can't/don't prevent people from more directly controlling their heath care decisions....other than forcing the gubment to pay which is underneath it all in the UK as well? Still...once the Pope agrees to pay for it all....the cost angle disappears. In any "rational" system, the kiddie would have been removed from artificial support MONTHS ago...unless the parents could pay?

its the system..........but where is the "fairness" in this unbalanced concern for this ONE KIDDIE when 1000's are going without basic services?................and that is the other English News of the Tube right now: basic food services being cut back? Ha, ha.......society showing all its cracks.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4312535/a ... -hospital/
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: British Distopian Fascism--Killing Its Citizens

Post by Gord » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 am

As far as I can tell, the courts are blocking the transportation to Rome because the flight would be dangerous for the child. Since he is terminally ill anyway, one might feel the risk is somehow worth it, but I don't see how.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?