Cultural tightness.

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Re: Cultural tightness.

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 pm

I have the same problem with Amelia's posts. She appears to have a kind of "stream of consciousness " approach to written communications. This is not really a criticism, since that is probably just her style, but it would help if she sat and rearranged her thoughts into more logical form. Bullet points might work.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:40 pm

its not the stream but the consciousness that is faulty.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:12 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:I have the same problem with Amelia's posts. She appears to have a kind of "stream of consciousness " approach to written communications.
Amelia's posts seem to be random sentences lifted from a 16 page "paper" on the internet, of random sentences, put together by someone called Amelia Nicol. You probably need "Open Office" to read the paper. However it doesn't matter as there is no structure to the paper.
https://amelianicol.files.wordpress.com ... l-data.odt

I'm not sure what is going on here. Why is someone posting sentences from this document of random sentences on our forum? :D

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:30 am

Having just read that 'paper', it's obvious that the Amelias are identical and that 'she' makes lousy translations from whatever 'her' original language is ... or it's all a wind-up created with the aid of a buzz-phrase generator.
My money's on the latter.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:34 am

Poodle wrote:Having just read that 'paper', it's obvious that the Amelias are identical and that 'she' makes lousy translations from whatever 'her' original language is ... or it's all a wind-up created with the aid of a buzz-phrase generator.
I think you are correct. I just can't see why anyone would bother posting gibberish from that paper, here. :D

I note that the gibberish paper is full of citations for "woo" authors like Sheldrake and so on.

AmeliaMichelle
Poster
Custom Title: And Or Theory

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 pm

((And Or Theory is at the copyright office of the United States of America))
there have never been language generators here.
i'm not bi-lingual.
can't believe someone actually read it.
but. serious.ly. you did?
huh.

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Poodle wrote:Having just read that 'paper', it's obvious that the Amelias are identical and that 'she' makes lousy translations from whatever 'her' original language is ... or it's all a wind-up created with the aid of a buzz-phrase generator.
where is this other Amelia? how freaky.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 am

Well, help us out here, Amelia. Are you or are you not the author of the quoted paper BS? And if not, can you explain the similarities between that paper and some of your posts? And if you can explain it, why not write clearly in the first place?

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm

It's a paper I wrote, for sure, and I tend to write in a very different style most of the time, but it basically is saying we shouldn't feel responsible for conditioned normative values that we cannot control or change: especially in cultural change and shifts, the conditioned normative values can oftentimes oppress us farther in internalization and hopelessness than even just the stigma alone. oftentimes, we tend to create monsters or criminals or scapegoats to take doxastic responsibility for conditioned norms and human needs, rather than work to change the conditions themselves.

also, ((and this is FAR OUT)) was thinking about the idea of imaginary showing up on a screen, and wondering what the ramifications would be for the ideas of doxastic responsibility for unconscious urges.