Russian Warheads aimed at Florida Propaganda

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Russian Warheads aimed at Florida Propaganda

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:04 pm

This is not very nice and the Russians did a bad thing. Last week the Russians had a conference and showed a video of some of their new weapon systems. This included a video simulation of a multiple warhead ICBM re-entering over Florida.
Russian MX warhead Florida.jpg

On one hand
The Russian justified this because they started the Serdyukov reforms in 2008 to bring the Russian military up to full standard and as a professional army by 2018. I've been watching the roll out of the New Russian T-14 and T-15 tanks in 2016. I've been watching the set up and first graduations of NCO schools in Russia to allow for the end of conscription.

The conference could be said to simply be Russia announcing they have upgraded.

One the other hand
The Russian interference in the USA has been to to remove the USA from getting in the way of the Russian's aims in various locations around the world. It would appear, at face value, the Russians have lead Trump along only using a carrot. When Trump starts to go under the Russian will want to continue to cause internal division and Trump may try to become very anti-Russian. So the Russians have shown Trump the stick. We can see ten warheads aimed at Trump's weekend resort Mar-a-Lago in Florida. The Russians are making it clear to Trump he will die in the first nuclear exchange.

I would pay $10 to sit in his morning intelligence briefing when Trump was told what the video clearly meant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Russian Warheads aimed at Florida Propaganda

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 pm

What makes this whole thing so frustrating is that the Russians have sort of reached their maximum extended regain of allies and satellites. The Russians have now almost got the Red Army back up to modern capacity. The next ten years of Russian expansion will be economic, ending sanctions and increasing trade with Europe.

So what does Trump do? He starts a trade war with the USA's traditional allies.

If I was the EC and I wanted to make up for lost car sales to the USA, I'd be looking towards Russia and East Europe again and think about dropping sanctions.

I doubt the Russians told Trump to start a trade war, but Russia is going to benefit.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 pm

It's gobsmacking stupid the way Trump is destroying America and our Allies. Trade War will benefit China and Russia, hurt EU and Canada unless they do move closer to China and Russian. It is to note Trump did this in secret all on his own with the mighty Tweet.....followed up by a spineless Republican Party operating dysfunctionally as a Majority Block in Congress. The Checks and Balances on Presidential power, and even selection, work pretty good as set forth in the Constitution====>until corrupted by Two Party Politics. Well....its worked for almost 300 years. Good run. //// Mueller needs to hire another 20 attorneys and get the impeachment going faster than originally intended. Trump is moving from useful idiot to Manchurian Candidate. Disgusting.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 am

They probably want the US to build more nukes, because they know that will cause strife within the US and within the countries with which it's allied.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 am

Gord wrote:They probably want the US to build more nukes, because they know that will cause strife within the US and within the countries with which it's allied.
The USA claim, which has some merit, is that the cold war weapons race bankrupted the old communist economy.

Today, Purchasing Power Parity, means Russian, post communist, state weapons manufacturers can probably maintain a full arsenal. Considering the F-35 costs about 300 million and a Russian Sukhoi Su-57 costs 50 million, some people can see a developing problem. (mostly in arms sales and future spare parts)

Germany made the best tank, the Panther but could only make 5,000 of them. The Russians made 48,000 T-34s. The Germans then tried to introduce an austere program called the Entwicklung series to have large volume cheap tanks. It would seem to me that the USA should be running a parallel austere weapons program. If the Russians need four Su-57s to knock out one F-35, the Russians still win.

Return to “Politics and Government”