NK NUKES USA===>what should the response be?

Where no two people are likely to agree.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

NK NUKES USA===>what should the response be?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Kinda a nice question for a clean and sober Sunday Morning?

So .......what if Nk launches 4 or more Missiles that land "near" Guam? Or a month later one Nuke Missile wipes out Guam???........ Or one year from Now....a NK Nuke ICBM takes out Hawaii or Alaska or other USA real estate?

Or.....my worst case easier to do: a NK EMP takes out all of continental USA.

......................................... what SHOULD the USA do in Response????????? .......................................

The damage is..........done?

ALL the talking heads say any Nuke by NK will result in its annihilation................ why? I mean, indeed, that is likely.... but why? On a first use.....MAD has failed....... so what to do when faced with "reality." Retaliate for what national goals?

I suppose so that NK or others won't Nuke us "again" is a good sound reason. Hmmmm.... hate it when I answer my own questions.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: NK NUKES USA===>what should the response be?

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 pm

:pc: ?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Re: NK NUKES USA===>what should the response be?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am

Way back when....I was faced with the career choice of probably flying the C-5 or manning a missile base on the DEW line....ie: going off flight status (Thats a joke if you know about airplanes that kneel....)

I assumed i could lie and pass the Psyche Test....and I assumed if I knew nothing which would likely be the case that I would turn my arming key just as I was trained to do..........but I wondered if I would turn the key "just because." I mean...if "the damage (SIC==as this is the point I guess)" has been done...why turn the rubble over one more time??

The whole point of Nukes is that the World could enter Nuke Winter if NK just let off enough Nukes simply within its own territory. Attacking the USA is just a publicity stunt.

So.......if the USA were "gone"............why retaliate??? The world likely would be near gone a few months later in all regards...so why let loose more Nukes?

................................ Yeah, I was probably unfit for the Service............ but would they have caught me?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “Politics and Government”