Helicopter Attack in Venezuala

Where no two people are likely to agree.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Helicopter Attack in Venezuala

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:10 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/27/americas/ ... index.html

Short read, but this caught my eye: "It was unclear how a rogue police helicopter could have circled high-profile buildings in the Venezuelan capital without being shot down." //// I see "emotionally" I'm a bit out of touch....or have I seen too many movies where there are ABM systems on the Whitehouse Roof?

I actually think its "kinda funny" that anyone would make a helicopter/grenade run against a Supreme Court building to voice their protest? Hmmmm.........."It was unclear how a rogue police helicopter could have circled high-profile buildings in the Venezuelan capital without being shot down. ===>wasn't the exact same thing said of that postal worker that flew his gyrocopter onto the grounds of the Whitehouse?

Drones next OF COURSE.----right into any open window.

Technology marches on.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Helicopter Attack in Venezuala

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:52 am

I watched the video of the "seven rebels" making their announcement and I thought they were a bit nutty.

I can't see how their attack had any logical "end scenario". It seemed more of a protest action like the Buddhist monk setting fire to himself, to bring attention to a point.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 am

Exactly so.....and why I laughed.... as I am sleepy and the alternative is crying.

I was very unclear: do we have the capability to shoot down helicopters that hover over the USA supreme court? I thought jets had to be sent over from the nearest airbase? ONly in movies is the White House protected from incoming???

But yeah: very KeyStone Cops to think you will overthrow anything by lobbing grenades out a helicopter...so it was a "protest" with emphasis. RT News just said there was a rumor the President of Venezuala may have been running a false flag...........no evidence.........just "news analysis."
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:19 am

Why are people attacking helicopters. It's bad enough Kong's been doing it.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Why are people attacking helicopters. It's bad enough Kong's been doing it.

Venezuela doesn't have a Kong, so I guess they have to make do.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Hex
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi

Postby Hex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 pm

The lead rebel/guerrilla/police dude of the grenade dropping attack on the Supreme Court building also happens to be an actor/producer of Rambo/Steven Segall Venezuelan movies.

It also appears as though the Venezuelan government is pretty inept as they seem to have no clue as to where the helicopter is or the people involved.

I dunno man, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Maduro kind of set this up to justify a crackdown on opposition to him. Considering how volatile things are there and it is a tactic commonly used by strongmen dictators around the world it is all just fishy.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoaOJZ7Dfk

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Hex wrote:The lead rebel/guerrilla/police dude of the grenade dropping attack on the Supreme Court building also happens to be an actor/producer of Rambo/Steven Segall Venezuelan movies.

It also appears as though the Venezuelan government is pretty inept as they seem to have no clue as to where the helicopter is or the people involved.

I dunno man, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Maduro kind of set this up to justify a crackdown on opposition to him. Considering how volatile things are there and it is a tactic commonly used by strongmen dictators around the world it is all just fishy.

You're looking for the term "false flag operation". Could be, dunno.

Hex
Frequent Poster

Postby Hex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Hex wrote:The lead rebel/guerrilla/police dude of the grenade dropping attack on the Supreme Court building also happens to be an actor/producer of Rambo/Steven Segall Venezuelan movies.

Yeah that is probably the term.

I have no idea either, just some weirdness in the story I thought should be pointed out.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Hex wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

Yeah that is probably the term.

I have no idea either, just some weirdness in the story I thought should be pointed out.

The thing about false flag ops is that sometimes they actually happen. The Nazis opened WWII with one.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 am

Hex wrote:The lead rebel/guerrilla/police dude of the grenade dropping attack on the Supreme Court building also happens to be an actor/producer of Rambo/Steven Segall Venezuelan movies..

Yes. That gem of information came out this morning .....and anti government protesters are indeed claiming it was a ruse by the government to put protesters in a bad light.

The helicopter was found on a beach.

I think we have to sit and wait for better information on this matter.
:D

Hex
Frequent Poster

Postby Hex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:52 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I think we have to sit and wait for better information on this matter. [/color] :D

I agree, but it is sometimes fun to do a little speculation. Especially when the story is a little bizarre. ;)
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

Return to “Politics and Government”