"I see no evidens"

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Re: "I see no evidens"

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:22 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
What does Kim's character have to do with it?

What if Trump, Tillerson, and Nikki Haley announced at a joint press conference that the US was now unilaterally declaring peace with North Korea and is going to guarantee its security in the same way that it does South Korea?

What would Kim do? Invade South Korea? Launch missiles at Japan and Alaska?

They are not at war, Tom.

The US cannot guarantee NK's security unless NK accepts such a gesture, which will happen some time after Hell hosts snowball fights.

NK uses the strength of the US as a whipping boy to keep their own population cowed. It doesn't matter what the US does for conciliation purposes, the NK people will not hear of it, they will only hear what the Kim regime tells them.

A few NKans get outside information because Chinese made cell phones can access SK communication towers if they are close enough to the DMZ. But it's way too little to have any impact at present.

Technically, as neocons are quick to point out, South Korea and the US are still at war with North Korea because no peace treaty has been signed.

The North Koreans don't wand to look like this again, when apparently every one of their cities was levelled.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=No ... ORM=IDMHDL

and the Trump administration could work for a UN agreement that would guarantee that North Korea would not be attacked unless it attacked someone else first.

But the US Deep State would simply NEVER allow that to happen (for reasons I've already stated ad nauseum).

It's much more likely that North Korea and/or Iran, will be attacked and that attacks will escalate in Syria also involving the Russians

Wouldn't you agree?

NO. NK is a much different species than the middle east. Peace can be brokered with Iran, but not with NK. Kim Jong Un has nothing to gain by a reduction in tensions. It is part of what keeps him in power. These guys are every bit as bad as the Plantagenets, or the Sfouzas.

GWB was 1/3 right with his Axis of Evil.

How would you address this "problem?"

The McCain solution? "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran" and North Korea and Syria?

That was the Vietnam solution where the US dropped over 7 million tons of bombs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... ietnam_War

Here's what saving Mosul looks like:
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... XMUEONFyUk
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I am considering riting to my congressman, Hultgren (a GoP), to ask that he support the bill to impeach Trump introdused by Dem congressman Brad Sherman.

Hult iz currently a back-bench nobody that mite escape the likely bloodbath in 2018 mostly by staying out uv national politics. But now, with the rite wing starting a counter story that the Russia thing iz a Democrat scandal, anybody who tryz to stay out uv it coud be ritely accuzed uv dereliction uv duty - failing to honor their oath uv offis.

Wut do you think?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Maybe they forgot that there is such a thing as an oath of office and that they took it. And maybe they need to be reminded of educated in what that means...
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Here's a take on the current stand. However, the investigation will continue, no matter what. Chopping off one of its heads will not kill the awakened beast.
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Pompeo utters SSDD.

The North Koreans have wanted a peace agreement for decades, but the US has always demanded that they destroy all their nuclear weapons before it even discusses other preconditions.

The "North Korean threat" could be ended in a heartbeat, but the MIC doesn't want that.

Just google "north koreans want peace agreement" and find out for yourself.

Here is recent activity that the US Deep State will thwart.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... orth-korea

Right you are. The way I remember it, Clinton had a deal worked out whereby NK would get some assistance in the form of food and technology in return for giving up the nuclear program. The bellicose Republicans, however, immediately labeled that "appeasement" and tried to put the screws to the Koreans. Same with GW Bush, who thought he could bring them to heel. Instead of playing stupid, macho dominance games, a simple diplomatic approach might have actually worked. But Republicans just don't work that way. They are now doing the same thing with Cuba and with Iran, and will reap the same harvest of unending hostility. Apparently, they like it that way. Certainly Trump does.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 am

Bill Mahr duz a good job uv laying out how stoopidly obvious this iz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xze1DtXUQeU
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Politics and Government”