Comey iz an idiot

Where no two people are likely to agree.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Comey iz an idiot

Postby JO 753 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm

There are a variety uv idiots. FBI director James Comey iz the type that rezults frum having bad lojik. They are perhaps the most danjerous kind uv idiot, kuz they can usually operate very well in our society and rize to pozitionz uv great power.

In the case uv the 2016 election, the spesific fault wuz failure to consider possible rezults. NY Timez article: Comey Tried To Shileld FBI Frum Politics and did the exact EXTREEM oppozit!

It's like the hed uv the security team at a bank watching an group uv masked men armed with gunz & bomz and safe cracking equipment walk in and start taking over. A teller asks "why arent you doing sumthing?" He sez "I am! I'm gathering evidens for prosecution. The more they take, the better the case!"
Then he seez a woman at the document stand. "HEY LADY! Youre filling out the rong form! Thats a savingz depozit slip, not a checking account slip! LOOK EVERYBODY! SHE UZED THE RONG SLIP!

Az stoopid az that soundz, its a good analog to Putin'z seksesful operation to take over the Wite Hows.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Re: Comey iz an idiot

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:23 am

Trump finally fired him.

This meanz that Putin has found a replasement. Sumwun who will suppress the investigation. Either it will drag on forever, or it will be derailed and then a conclusion will be anounsed 'no evidens uv colusion, case closed'.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:33 am

This vid clarifyz how ludicrous thingz hav gotten:

They didnt leav that online long!

I'll replase it with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpeKgvSz1oE
Last edited by JO 753 on Wed May 10, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 am

This could have been so uncontroversial and even bipartisan if handled with a shred of common sense.

But I know that is asking too much of the Trump Posse.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 10, 2017 10:25 am

EM--I can't imagine what you are thinking of. A few clues please.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

Both the Democrats and Trump were dissatisfied with Comey, to say the least.

Trump could have asked for Comey to resign with a week or two to prepare the handing over of the Russia and Email probe to a successor.
Meanwhile there would be some backdoor talks with the the Democrat's leadership about possible replacements, maybe with a joint statement about the need for replacement and publication of a shortlist.

But this way it very much looks like the Dictator firing the him to hamper the investigation.
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

OK.........I agree it would have softened the action by 1%==>but in no way a "better way to handle it." ALL the same issues regarding suspected retaliation/coverup are the same.

The Better Way......would have been for some Democrat to call for a review. Don't know if that would have been possible. Same with offering Comey a promotion/better job. Ha, ha...... no vacancy on the Supreme Court and what else can Comey do?

Comey had a good degree of independence.....but he played politics and got screwed..... just as he should have been.

AHEM: "You don't talk about investigations in progress."===>Pretty Easy.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 pm

From the eko chamber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJmPlfzAWk

Dementia on full display.
Last edited by JO 753 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Thu May 11, 2017 5:52 am

Timing is everything. From a distant shore, Comey's sacking looks like it stinks to high heaven. Par for the course, one may think. I'm going for par.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 am

Trump dreams of hitting par.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 am

Gord wrote:Trump dreams of hitting par.

If the backlash becomes too great, he'll take a Mulligan and reinstate Comey.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu May 11, 2017 7:57 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
Gord wrote:Trump dreams of hitting par.

If the backlash becomes too great, he'll take a Mulligan and reinstate Comey.

He can't do that, it would be admitting he was wrong. He'll take a Comey and instate someone named Mulligan instead.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

Or, like he did with the EPA, FCC, FDA etc, he will find sumwun who hates the FBI.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 pm

He might stick with the current acting clone of Nunes... or pick Wiggum.
Hi, Io the lurker.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:50 am

Clansy Wiggum! That woud be worth the ridicule!

Seriously, wen I'm prez, I'm going to see if I can make that happen. Get the worldz greatest theoretical fizzy sists working on it!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Fri May 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Or he could reinstate Come and act like that whole deal never happened. He's doing that with wiretapping BS.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sat May 13, 2017 12:21 am

Trump and his regime are being attacked by the Deep State. :slapfight:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat May 13, 2017 3:31 am

Trump and his regime are the deep state.
#ANDAMOVIE

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat May 13, 2017 4:34 am

Gord wrote:Trump and his regime are the deep state.

And it's making them look bad.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Wut shoud Comey hav dun if he wuznt an idiot?

Way back wen the first inkling uv colusion between Trump and Putin came to hiz attention (early 2016) he shoud hav told everybody conserned, especially us, the voterz. Any lawz or traditionz uv not revealing detailz uv an ongoing investigation are clearly subordinate to national security being directly attacked via vulnerabilityz in the election prosess.

He coud hav shut the Russian operation down with a single sentens spoken to the press. "There iz a major Russian espianoj operation involving the Trump campane."

But, he iz rejistered az a Republican, so maybe that explainz why he did the exact opozit.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:24 am

Its starting to look like Comey will help Trump agen. He pre-released hiz statements for tomorrow:
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/james-comey-trump-russia-testimony-2017-239253

I havent red it. It woud be like a movie spoiler for me. But from wut I herd on the newz, its not going to be the bomshell the media haz been hyping it up to be.

Hopefully, the questionz from the Democrats will bring out sumthing more.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 am

I've got a pretty good link 'splaining quite a few things. And it also features the letter, so I'm not gonna tempt you by visibly posting it. :-P

https://lawfareblog.com/initial-comments-james-comeys-written-testimony
Hi, Io the lurker.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:33 am

DAMIT, Comey!

He did not read hiz statement at the hearing. Its like I saw the sequel befor seeing the orijinal!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 am

It wuz awful watching John McCain rattle on in confusion.

He wuz under the impression that the Hillary email investigation wuz part uv the Russian hacking investigation. He kept pressing Comey to ansr "why wuz Clinton cleared but Trump wuz not" until finally getting shut down by committee chairman Burr smacking hiz gavel and loudly telling him hiz time wuz up.

He looked pale and splochy, like an old man whoz having a myocardial infarction.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

John McCain confuses everyone, blames performance on staying up past his bedtime

Sen. John McCain was the last senator to grill former FBI Director James Comey during his public testimony. McCain's questions were expected to be pointed, but instead, his fellow senators, Comey and most of the Internet were left confused, to say the least....

...He apparently noticed, and chose to clear things up later in a written statement, blaming his performance on the fact that he stayed up too late watching baseball (at least his team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, won the game).

"What I was trying to get at was whether Mr. Comey believes that any of his interactions with the President rise to the level of obstruction of justice. In the case of Secretary Clinton’s emails, Mr. Comey was willing to step beyond his role as an investigator and state his belief about what 'no reasonable prosecutor' would conclude about the evidence. I wanted Mr. Comey to apply the same approach to the key question surrounding his interactions with President Trump — whether or not the President's conduct constitutes obstruction of justice."

Personally, I thought he'd had a stroke or something. ;)
#ANDAMOVIE

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 am

Comey's conclusions were wrong in the email investigation. Specifically, he stated that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue it because there was no evidence of intent to violate national security. However, the federal laws in question do not require that intent be proven, so his interpretation was dead wrong. Even a negligent violation of classified protocol is illegal under the US criminal code, and I don't believe for a second that Clinton was ignorant that what she was doing was illegal. As Secretary of State, she was a classifying authority herself. It was her responsibility to rely on the content of the document, not on someone else's classification.

About the whole Russia thing, I'm loathe to jump on the bandwagon, to be honest. I'm mindful that the entire USIC signed off on the report that Iraq had WMDs, including the CIA, DIA, NSA, State Department, DOE, and all four branches of the military. Yes, that was under a different administration. That doesn't mean that there isn't a hidden agenda. I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to the news lately, so if there's factual evidence, I'm more than willing to hear it.

Frankly, I'm completely demoralized after this past election season, and I don't see much hope for the future when the two parties have a stranglehold on all three branches of government, and they both have basically the same ideology.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:05 am

I'm pretty open to believe that Russia meddled in the election because there is so much proof that this is what they have been doing in Europe for over a decade - proof by local law enforcement, counterintelligence and media, not US sources.
Why would they stop short of the biggest prize, especially given how opaque the US voting system is?
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 am

...and found a warm welcome...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:15 am

ElectricMonk wrote:I'm pretty open to believe that Russia meddled in the election because there is so much proof that this is what they have been doing in Europe for over a decade - proof by local law enforcement, counterintelligence and media, not US sources.
Why would they stop short of the biggest prize, especially given how opaque the US voting system is?

Perhaps they're getting back at us for Yeltsin.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:37 am

LunaNik wrote:Perhaps they're getting back at us for Yeltsin.

It just makes great geopolitical sense to them to keep their oppositions divided and distracted: it allows Russia to punch way above it's weight in terms of economic or military might.
Putin has stated that the fall of the USSR was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century and that he wants to restore it to its power - playing straight would take too long.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:03 am

ElectricMonk wrote:Putin has stated that the fall of the USSR was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century and that he wants to restore it to its power...

Link?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 am

Seriously?

It's maybe his most commonly repeated quote.
Quick Google:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4480745.stm

Mind you, I didn't say he wants to restore the Soviet Union (sorry if I was ambiguous there) - that would leave him with less power. But undoing the separation of Russian communities from Russia is something voiced many times and acted on in the case of Crimea.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:43 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
LunaNik wrote:Perhaps they're getting back at us for Yeltsin.

It just makes great geopolitical sense to them to keep their oppositions divided and distracted: it allows Russia to punch way above it's weight in terms of economic or military might.
Putin has stated that the fall of the USSR was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century and that he wants to restore it to its power - playing straight would take too long.

Funny how nostalgia always makes the memory of things better than the real thing ever was. Putin has to know that the collapse of the USSR was inevitable. The place was held together by string and packing tape, FFS. I suppose he feels he can do better than every other sociopathic dictator since the dawn of time, though.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:44 am

The Sane Progressive with the latest on the anti-Russian hype, this time from 25 year-old Reality Winner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59k7i5oTmfU
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:37 am

LunaNik wrote: I suppose he feels he can do better than every other sociopathic dictator since the dawn of time, though.

I thought he had the popular support of his people? So yeah: its working for him. What else is relevant?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 am

LunaNik wrote:Comey's conclusions were wrong in the email investigation. Specifically, he stated that no reasonable prosecutor would pursue it because there was no evidence of intent to violate national security.

After so many failurez uv our 'justice' system, I'v put it in a subcatagory uv my perspectiv the the goverment iz just a mob operation. It works by being the biggest gang in the land, plain & simple. And the more joos you hav, the more you can get away with. OJ had enuf $$$ to get away with a brutal dubl homiside. Bill Clinton had enuf political power az Prez to get away with abuse uv power and perjury. Reagan got away with the Iran-Contra thing. Nixon lost hiz seat in the Oval Offis, but didnt go to jail or even looz hiz pension.

By comparison, look wut happenz to a mere governor wen he breaks the law. I'm in Illinois and most uv our governorz end up behind barz. Its the traditional way for their term to end here!

If youre an ordinary chump, dont risk stepping out uv line kuz the gavel will slam you into the slammer.

Az for Hillary, I agree with Comey. If there wuz enuf there, dont you think the GoPs woud hav sekseeded in prosecuting her?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:05 am

There wuz a little hint in hiz testimony that maybe he wuz lying about Trump not being under investigation.

He sed sumthing about a meeting with hiz immediate subordinates and maybe sum uv the other department hedz (CIA, NSA) befor a meeting with Trump and them saying 'be prepared to tell him he iznt being investigated' or wordz to that effect.

If their iz a serious counter intellijens operation agenst Putin'z long term interferens program (and there sertainly shoud be!) it coud involv survailing Trump going way back to the 90z or 80z. The Washington Post, Ny Times, Rachel Maddow and otherz hav dug up a bunch uv stuff linking Trump to Russia, so its hard to believ our intel ajensyz havent known about it all from the beginning.

Comey having to lie to Trump and to the Senate under oath to keep from tipping off the bad guyz iz hardly far fetch... Hold on. Sumwunz nocking on the door....
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 am

Jo: what does joos mean? I've got "jews" and "josh" ...both money related although "josh" is another phoenetic for money or good luck in Chinese?

Hillary is supported by Wallstreet. Too big to jail.

Comey was "uncomfortable" telling the technical truth but lying in fact. Trump is under investigation, just no file with his name on it...as yet. Didn't you correctly note that you start at the bottom and work your way up? There it is in a nutshell.

There is "something" basically VERY corrupt at the very top. Even Obama........not prosecuting the Banksters. "Too big to Jail"==========what tommyrot.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
I'm pretty open to believe that Russia meddled in the election because there is so much proof...

"Russia meddled in the election"? The people who believe this conspiracy theory, seem not only notoriously short on evidence and also on the modus operandi of the entire dastardly operation. Nobody but nobody including the seventeen intelligence agencies are quite sure how it was done.

When CIA does it in other countries it's a routine; they buy journalists, even the entire publications, to give the candidate they want to defeat bad press, plant lies, distortions. Fund the ngos, opposition, demonstrations, media adds against the candidate, false flag operations blaming the opposition candidate. They even arm their assets to cause {!#%@} and chaos in a given country of interest. Sometimes they assassinate inconvenient people.

Did Russians do any of these things in the US; false flag operations, they bought the US media, used ngos, the so called think tanks to crank up the propaganda against Clinton? And who do you think called Clinton a crook and the banker's puppet and enthusiastically chanted at the rallies; jail her? I don't think it was the Russians.

But, but Flash, you will say, They used the RT TV and it's propaganda to elect Trump. Really? And how could that happen? Well, here is the scenario that all the seventeen intelligence agencies might enthusiastically support.

That Russians counted on the fact that most Americans are stoned on opiates most of the time and what does a red blooded American do when he takes a happy pill? He goes to the fridge and gets a beer (and a snack). Then he/she grabs the remote and tries to dial the Price is Right but inevitably hits the RT channel by mistake. RT tells them to vote for Trump and that's how the freedom and democracy in America was lost.

And you know what? For a while I thought this story was as true as hell until my neighbor told me in confidence that the FBI and he CIA and...the rest of them have a reliable evidence that the reptilian overlords have actually helped to elect Trump with the invisible convincing rays beamed from UFOs. Life is a bitch. :shock:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:23 am

I thought the evidence was 100's if not 1000's of "volunteer Russian teen hackers" posting fake news all over the internet. This is Russian activity if you define it that way..... and who among the group is not paid in some way by Putin?

THAT and I thought is was "firm" the hack into DNC and/or Podesta's email accounts was the State of Russia if not those teenage hacktavists?

What I find MORE relevant is that the Russian hacking giving it maximal assumed effect still amounts to a big nothing...because what was relevant was ACCURATE. Are we at the point of declaring that elections with better access to truthful information is a National Security Threat.

............................................ ARE WE AT THAT POINT?

Return to “Politics and Government”