Hillary 2016

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Re: Hillary 2016

Postby Paul Anthony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:Can you even imagine if I said, “Barack Obama doesn’t know much, except how to get angry black people to vote for him.” Every Democrat and civil rights leader in the country would denounce me as a “racist.”

JO 753 wrote:Theyd hav plenty uv evidens to show that Obama knowz alot more than that. AND dont you think black peepl had and still hav alot to be angry about?

Nicely done. You gracefully ignored the comparison. People who insult white people are considered truth-tellers, but people who insult black people are called racist.

Paul Anthony wrote:Bill Clinton sees white men as dumb and angry. He thinks they voted for Trump just because Trump is a man and white. How insulting. How racist.

JO 753 wrote:But you think they voted for Trump bekuz, after carefully considering all the facts, they lojikly concluded he iz a wize and intellijent statesman who will do America proud.

No, they voted for CHANGE, just like why people voted for Obama. in 2008 Obama also had no real experience in politics. He promised to shake things up and make the government more responsive to the people. He was the popularist candidate, running against Clinton, who represented the establishment. In 2016 Clinton still represents the establishment, and people have been voting against more of the same for a long time.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:in 2008 Obama also had no real experience in politics.

8 years in the Illinois state Senate and 3 years in the US Senate is no real experience?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Austin Harper wrote:

8 years in the Illinois state Senate and 3 years in the US Senate is no real experience?

That's fake experience!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Gord wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:

That's fake experience!

I don't know much about his time in local government, but he spent most of his time in the Senate running for President. Can you name one piece of legislation with his name on it?

None of which alters the fact that he campaigned on a promise of change. The people - of all colors - have wanted change for a long time.
Make sense, not war.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:No, they voted for CHANGE, just like why people voted for Obama.

A reazonable statement.

I dont agree with the choise tho. If it wuz chanje they really wanted, why not Gary Johnson? He woud hav been a poke in the eye for the GoP & Dem partyz and not az stoopid az putting a con man in the Oval Offis.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Well, what to expect from a nation that regularly lies to its children to deprive them of their cookies and hard-earned body parts. :roll:

Lard, save me from your followers.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Wut if Trump wuz pikt to be prez long befor the election?

A scattering uv factoidz can be assembled into a nise littl conspirasy theory.

1. Trump wuz in on it. He knew he coud not looz. Jan 23 2016 Trump sez "I coud shoot sumwun and not looz voterz" That and dozenz uv other statements and actionz that woud each hav flushed a 'real' campane down the toilet.

2. Obama wuz in on it. Hiz excuse that he 'didnt want to be seen az putting hiz thum on the scalez' for not discussing the Russian hackerz helping Trump duznt make any sens. Nobody expects The Prez to not help hiz party AND he had alredy made several appearensez at Hillary rallyz.

Hiz statements agenst Trump were a great way to supply the Trump campane with material to fire up hiz supporterz. 'Look at your most hated enemy insulting Trump!'

3. The FBI intervened at the perfect timez. Many political pundits hav deemed this unpresidented and weird. That they actually had nothing, especially the 2nd time only dayz befor the election, shwingz a big red flag up for me. Sumthing iz definitely going on here.

Any good conspirisy theory needz a motiv.

The multipl Russian connectionz combined with Obamaz involvment makes it eazy to spin a story about a mission to avert a nuclear insident or a war. It coud be a simpl international intrigue spy thriller with all the usual Robert Ludlum elements.

Or you can prioritize the enormity uv the idea that the entire election wuz a fraud and figure the playerz had to no for sure there wuz going to be a major calamity if Hillary won, therefor time travelerz andor alienz.

Then therez th... hold on. sumwunz at the door.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Well, what to expect from a nation that regularly lies to its children to deprive them of their cookies and hard-earned body parts. :roll:

And `educates` them at home by mothers who themselves aren`t educated. :lol:

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:No, they voted for CHANGE, just like why people voted for Obama.

A reazonable statement.

I dont agree with the choise tho. If it wuz chanje they really wanted, why not Gary Johnson? He woud hav been a poke in the eye for the GoP & Dem partyz and not az stoopid az putting a con man in the Oval Offis.

Funny you should mention that. I voted for Gary Johnson. But, I think most people realize (I did too) that without the support of at least some people in Congress, Johnson would be unable to govern.
Make sense, not war.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm

JO 753 wrote:Wut if Trump wuz pikt to be prez long befor the election?

A scattering uv factoidz can be assembled into a nise littl conspirasy theory.

1. Trump wuz in on it. He knew he coud not looz. Jan 23 2016 Trump sez "I coud shoot sumwun and not looz voterz" That and dozenz uv other statements and actionz that woud each hav flushed a 'real' campane down the toilet.

2. Obama wuz in on it. Hiz excuse that he 'didnt want to be seen az putting hiz thum on the scalez' for not discussing the Russian hackerz helping Trump duznt make any sens. Nobody expects The Prez to not help hiz party AND he had alredy made several appearensez at Hillary rallyz.

Hiz statements agenst Trump were a great way to supply the Trump campane with material to fire up hiz supporterz. 'Look at your most hated enemy insulting Trump!'

3. The FBI intervened at the perfect timez. Many political pundits hav deemed this unpresidented and weird. That they actually had nothing, especially the 2nd time only dayz befor the election, shwingz a big red flag up for me. Sumthing iz definitely going on here.

Any good conspirisy theory needz a motiv.

The multipl Russian connectionz combined with Obamaz involvment makes it eazy to spin a story about a mission to avert a nuclear insident or a war. It coud be a simpl international intrigue spy thriller with all the usual Robert Ludlum elements.

Or you can prioritize the enormity uv the idea that the entire election wuz a fraud and figure the playerz had to no for sure there wuz going to be a major calamity if Hillary won, therefor time travelerz andor alienz.

Then therez th... hold on. sumwunz at the door.

DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR!!! It's probably those damn aliens!
Make sense, not war.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:59 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:

Todays edition of the Daily Mail:
Terrified motorist convinced he saw a 7ft alien wearing a cowboy hat at a bus stop has sketched an image of the sinister creature to show the world
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:42 am

Austin Harper wrote:Yes, I can name 137 bills sponsored by Barack Obama.

How many of them passed?
Make sense, not war.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:43 am

Flash wrote:Paul Anthony wrote:

Terrified motorist convinced he saw a 7ft alien wearing a cowboy hat at a bus stop has sketched an image of the sinister creature to show the world

It was George W. Bush on vacation.
Make sense, not war.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 am

:| Trump was the anti-establishment candidate, and any democrat would have been running with the baggage of 8years of democratic president: historically, they've almost never managed to hold the White House for longer than that.
Any democrat would have been on the defensive, so only a true old-guard GOP would have neutralised the "against the status quo" vote.
Clinton almost won, despite being actively sabotaged with lies and falsehoods from enemies foreign and domestic. All the things she could control she did perfectly, including three flawless debate performances.

If the clearly better candidate running a good campaign can't win, it's the fault of the voters.

PS: she would of course have won if she'd had that sex-change, as many campaign advisers suggested.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 am

Flash wrote:Paul Anthony wrote:

A motorist says he was left terrified after spotting what he is convinced was a 7ft silky-haired alien, wearing a cowboy hat, waiting for a bus.
The driver said the sinister-looking figure, standing outside Yeovil College in Somerset, unnerved him so much he hasn't slept since and had to sketch an image to show the world....

...The man drew an annotated picture of the alien, which he claims he saw on the afternoon of December 15, in the hope someone will tell him what it is.

In the drawing he notes that the beast, which was black in colour, wore a 'weird' coat and had 'silky hair'....

It's clearly not a human. I mean, a black man standing at a bus stop outside Yeovil College? Preposterous. Definitely must've been an alien.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:40 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:If the clearly better candidate running a good campaign can't win, it's the fault of the voters.

Its the fault uv the system wen a clear majority uv voterz cant elect the candidate they want.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:23 pm

JO 753 wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:If the clearly better candidate running a good campaign can't win, it's the fault of the voters.

Its the fault uv the system wen a clear majority uv voterz cant elect the candidate they want.

I`d stick with the voters - too lazy to get out of the house to cast a vote for the person who was sure to win. And of course Hillary, for not constantly reminding them that Trump would win if they, each and every one of them, didn`t vote.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:30 pm

JO 753 wrote:

It's a democratic system when a clear majority of Californians can't impose their wishes on the other 49 states.
Make sense, not war.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:27 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
It's a democratic system when a clear majority of Californians Americans can't can impose their wishes on the other 49 states.

Fixed that for you.
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:46 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:
It's a democratic system when a clear majority of Californians Americans can't can impose their wishes on the other 49 states.

Fixed that for you.

Yes, I can see the fix is in. :lol:

Much has been made about Hillary winning the majority of votes, but if you remove California from the total, Trump wins the popular vote in the other 49 states combined by 1.4 million.

Here's an honest explanation why Hillary lost, from possibly the most knowledgeable Democrat:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/biden-calls-focus-middle-class/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sd&utm_medium=email

And, no, I'm not quoting some right-wing publication. ;)
Make sense, not war.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:13 pm

It's the popular vote in each state, but weighted toward less populous states. It becomes an issue only when there's a very close one and that's on purpose.

In short, the system worked exactly as designed this time, as it did other times when the Democrat was favored (1960 for example).
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Paul, it sounds an awful lot like you don't consider Californians to be "true" Americans.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Yes, I can see the fix is in. :lol:

Much has been made about Hillary winning the majority of votes, but if you remove California from the total, Trump wins the popular vote in the other 49 states combined by 1.4 million.

Here's an honest explanation why Hillary lost, from possibly the most knowledgeable Democrat:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/biden-calls-focus-middle-class/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sd&utm_medium=email

And, no, I'm not quoting some right-wing publication. ;)

I agree with Biden's assessment.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:26 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Paul, it sounds an awful lot like you don't consider Californians to be "true" Americans.

Have you ever lived in California? I did, from 1964 to 1979. I traveled there, mostly for business, frequently for many years after I moved away.

I'm not sure the majority of Californians are "true" humans. :evil:
Make sense, not war.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:Paul, it sounds an awful lot like you don't consider Californians to be "true" Americans.

Have you ever lived in California? I did, from 1964 to 1979. I traveled there, mostly for business, frequently for many years after I moved away.

What an intelligent observation.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:

Maybe he meant superhumans. :-P

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:

Maybe he meant superhumans. :-P

My mother lives out in California. Her superpower is driving me crazy.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:01 pm

:lol:

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:

OK, a little clarification is in order.

California is usually ahead of the curve in trying new social concepts. Some might call that admirable, avant garde, progressive, even intelligent.
But whatever your view, what they are not is in step with most of the rest of the nation. (And, not every new idea is necessarily a good idea).
Again, some would say they are an advanced species and that the rest of the nation should just try to keep up. Others think Californians exemplify Disneyland.

When I arrived there from Rhode Island I was 17 and v-e-r-y impressed. But eventually I got a serious job, got married and started a family. California is fun when you are young, single and unattached. It is not such a good place to raise a family. Constant change can be exhilarating, but change is not always good.

It came as no surprise that Californians voted for Hillary. They would have voted for Sanders. Or Biden. Or Mickey Mouse, if that had been the Democrat's candidate.

They're not as intelligent as they may seem (or as they like to think they are). The majority can be counted upon to vote for the Democrat, whoever he/she happens to be.
Make sense, not war.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:23 pm

IIRC, you didn't vote for the sanctimonious and hypocritical self-interests either...

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:but if you remove California from the total, Trump wins the popular vote in the other 49 states combined by 1.4 million.

Another interesting stat - If you leave California out, the national averaj IQ drops by 25 points.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/12/20/why-electoral-college-landslides-are-easier-to-win-than-popular-vote-ones/
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:13 am

Gee, this is just opposite in Canada. If you leave Alberta out the national average IQ goes up by 25 points.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:06 am

JO 753 wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:but if you remove California from the total, Trump wins the popular vote in the other 49 states combined by 1.4 million.

Another interesting stat - If you leave California out, the national averaj IQ drops by 25 points. {/quote]

That's highly doubtful, but it wouldn't take much to beat the IQ of the 5 Democrat Electors who voted against their own candidate. Yeah, THAT will show Trump! :lol:
Make sense, not war.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:58 am

Paul, you might think your funny, but this is actually quite serious: like Bush jr., Trump lost the popular vote but won the electoral college.
If the US Constitution would care more for democracy and less for unity, Clinton would have won.
(And yes, in that case election campaigns would be exclusively targeted at California and Texas).

Just accept it and don't pretend Trump won democratically.
He did anyone, so what does it matter?
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:03 am

Flash wrote:Gee, this is just opposite in Canada. If you leave Alberta out the national average IQ goes up by 25 points.

We got several states like that. Not all 25 points, but still, birdz uv a feather flock together.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:04 am

Paul Anthony wrote:...it wouldn't take much to beat the IQ of the 5 Democrat Electors who voted against their own candidate. Yeah, THAT will show Trump!

Thats alwayz been the problem with Dumocrats.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:08 am

ElectricMonk wrote:(And yes, in that case election campaigns would be exclusively targeted at California and Texas).

No, kuz the state counts woud be irrelevent. Candidates woud haf to campain everywhere there are voterz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Postby Paul Anthony » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:54 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Paul, you might think your funny, but this is actually quite serious: like Bush jr., Trump lost the popular vote but won the electoral college.
If the US Constitution would care more for democracy and less for unity, Clinton would have won.
(And yes, in that case election campaigns would be exclusively targeted at California and Texas).

Just accept it and don't pretend Trump won democratically.
He did anyone, so what does it matter?

He won according to the rules BOTH parties accepted before and during...but not after... the campaign. He won legally.
Make sense, not war.

Return to “Politics and Government”