It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by TJrandom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:39 am

Yall do recognise that a Red Heifer born in Texas is presumed to be unclean? Well, actually - it doesn`t need to be red.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Grinanne Barrett

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 am

ElectricMonk wrote:I get the impression that Red Heifers are God's version of Kobe beef:
He was supposed to be satisfied when the first one was sacrificed, but it tasted so great that he keeps asking for another one ... and another ... and another.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We survivors did not seek death. We did not take to the streets when our Jewish friends were taken away. We didn’t raise an outcry until we ourselves were being annihilated. We preferred to remain alive, with the flimsy though accurate excuse that our death would not have helped. We are guilty of being alive."

Karl Jaspers (1883–1968), at the re-opening of Heidelberg University, 1945

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Covering his reporting behind?
Just brutally honest, I think. Obama did leave us a mess in Syria and Afghanistan. Of course, Trump is in there busily digging the hole deeper...

But Woodward appears to be saying that Trump (more likely, his handlers) are smarter than the Left will credit. For example, after the Access Hollywood tape nearly sank his campaign, he or they had the brilliant idea to put Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones, and Juanita Broaddrick in the front row at the debate. Then afterwards these women talked about Hillary's role in demonizing them for the accusations, and Broaddrick said, to an audience of millions, "Bill Clinton raped me." The Democrats were very stupid about this. They should have realized that Hillary Clinton, was, of all possible candidates, the one least likely to benefit and most likely to suffer from bringing up the issue of abuse of women. It was a major coup to turn that issue around the way Trump's people did.
"We survivors did not seek death. We did not take to the streets when our Jewish friends were taken away. We didn’t raise an outcry until we ourselves were being annihilated. We preferred to remain alive, with the flimsy though accurate excuse that our death would not have helped. We are guilty of being alive."

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:The bench is already too much and with Kavanaugh would be even worse at not being evangelical but being pro Presidential unlimited powers. The check and balances contemplated in our Constitution losing the contest before Money, Greed, and the two party system our Winner Takes All political structure almost mandates.

Unintended consequences. It is to marvel.
As the title of a recent book says, "everything Trump touches dies". Seems to be the case here too and Kavanaughty might follow the footsteps of WH Dr Ronny. Apparently so much dirt is being uncovered on him that he, perhaps, not only will not be confirmed, but he might even lose his current position and standing. Some say his past holds offenses that might warrant impeachment.
Well, I don't know. I read the other day that the Democrats are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again and have made a deal with McConnell to confirm. If Cavity gets even one Democrat vote, he's in.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Covering his reporting behind?
Just brutally honest, I think. Obama did leave us a mess in Syria and Afghanistan. Of course, Trump is in there busily digging the hole deeper...

But Woodward appears to be saying that Trump (more likely, his handlers) are smarter than the Left will credit. For example, after the Access Hollywood tape nearly sank his campaign, he or they had the brilliant idea to put Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones, and Juanita Broaddrick in the front row at the debate. Then afterwards these women talked about Hillary's role in demonizing them for the accusations, and Broaddrick said, to an audience of millions, "Bill Clinton raped me." The Democrats were very stupid about this. They should have realized that Hillary Clinton, was, of all possible candidates, the one least likely to benefit and most likely to suffer from bringing up the issue of abuse of women. It was a major coup to turn that issue around the way Trump's people did.
Oh, I though it was a massive dump by wikileaks immediately following the potentially devastating bus ride. They really left nothing to chance, eh? ;)
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:40 pm

He who thinks almost 3000 dead on Puerto Rico after being hit by a hurricane a great outcome - and with the beginning of another season - apparently diverts funds from FEMA to ICE and new detention camps. Another winning move, I'm sure.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Oh, I though it was a massive dump by wikileaks immediately following the potentially devastating bus ride. They really left nothing to chance, eh? ;)
No such thing as overkill with Trump. He's never satisfied just to win; he wants to grind his opposition into the mud.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:36 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:He who thinks almost 3000 dead on Puerto Rico after being hit by a hurricane a great outcome - and with the beginning of another season - apparently diverts funds from FEMA to ICE and new detention camps. Another winning move, I'm sure.
Wonder if anybody among the climate-change deniers will begin to doubt their position, as we now await Florence, truly the Mother of All Storms, and still building strength in readiness to hit the Carolinas tomorrow.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:47 pm

I hope those who stayed behind stocked up on paper towels. He might be late with visiting what's left.

(What with all those rallies and golfing out west...)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Zomg, if true, Woodward's book details some pretty damning evidence about what the guy who believes that real power is fear - and Pence! - knew and when they knew it regarding the currently investigated criminal conspiracy.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:09 am

Oh gosh, there are reports that's while he's tweeting about his own personal problems and picking fights with people from a devastated area, not enough is been done in regards to preps for yuuuge Florence approaching. If true, where are the so-called adults?

And will Melanie wear her "I really don't care. Do you?" coat during the mandatory visit after the disaster hit?

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:00 am

But but but... he is already doing a great job - the very ultimate in responding to the coming storm, and people are already saying so. At least HE said so, so it must be true. :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 am

Doing a great job not only taking money out of FEMA for his Kids In Cages Program, but also even more from the Coast Guard. Ya know, those guys who rescue people from the top of their roofs after flooding...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:30 am

You know: real power IS fear. Its the only thing that works in a non-democratic oppressive forms of gubment. and fittingly, its just the opposite in a Democracy. Words...…………………………..reveal the mind of the speaker in so many ways.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 am

Maybe Manafort picked up on that and that's why he is reportedly suddenly floating the possibility of full cooperation with team Mueller. And hoping for yet another surprise! hurricane pardon?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 am

Nice analogies for word-play re Trump and the Hurricane. The issues are not blowing over and unlike Florence, the winds seem to be gathering strength.....at least to the near hysteria that MSNBC is pumping out. Evidently, mostly because Cruz is being challenged in Texas....the Senate is in play? Waves here...waves there. Evidently, mythical WAVES can appear from no where even against legitimate polling.

The horse race in politics...…...it is fun to watch from a distance....while knowing we get swamped with whatever that wind brings?

I hope the Senate, and of course the House, with the edge maybe even catching Kavanaugh does occur. "it Could." which grants that it could not as well. As always, nothing guaranteed and nothing obvious......until reported on afterwards. BUT---Lawrence ODonnell analyzing said what I thought would be the case: Trump voters "assumed" his worst behavior would be checked by the stalwarts/structure of the Republican Party/Congress with Republicans in control = = = =>>AND THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. So...…..its time for "the people" to provide the check that Congress failed to do. I hope this happens...……..BECAUSE...…..it "should" be a warning to the Dems as they take over.

So many black and white issues of right vs wrong...….and "nothing happens." Kinda like Obama vs Wallstreet. "What Happened????" And the answer is and CONTINUES to be: nothing.

Like AGW, we are in slow but increasingly active decline. Sad to see.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I hope those who stayed behind stocked up on paper towels. He might be late with visiting what's left.

(What with all those rallies and golfing out west...)
:lol: :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm

TJrandom wrote:But but but... he is already doing a great job - the very ultimate in responding to the coming storm, and people are already saying so. At least HE said so, so it must be true. :roll:
Well yes, I myself heard him say that his response in Puerto Rico was an unsung triumph, obstructed by the incompetent mayor of San Juan. Must be true, eh?

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:37 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Maybe Manafort picked up on that and that's why he is reportedly suddenly floating the possibility of full cooperation with team Mueller. And hoping for yet another surprise! hurricane pardon?
(This is pure speculation.) Maybe Mueller got Manafort on something that surprised Manafort, something Trump can't pardon him for, like violation of a state law.

Meanwhile, the number of "Trump Triumphs" that I'm finding in Woodward's book just keeps increasing. Woodward even wants to give him some credit for the economic good times, which are manifestly merely a continuation of what we were already having. And he writes up the Saudia Arabia trip, the rockets fired into Syria, and the whole shift in Middle-East policy as a brilliant achievement to be credited to both Trump and Kushner, straightening out the mess the hapless Obama left them.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

I wouldn't discount a certain optimism by certain quarters upon his installment to account for some of the 'economic good times'. Who knows what benefits they derive from whomever or whatever really calls the shots.

As to Woodward, maybe he was offered a piece of chocolate cake so beautiful the world had never seen the like before? And perhaps even a slightly bigger scoop than all those who, like him, and you, and I, aren't two-scoop worthy?

PS The cake is a lie

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:32 am

So his disjointed and disparaging comments, including today, about Puerto Rico and its people are, of course, the media's fault - look what you made me do! :?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:01 am

:| And most Reptiles' remarks in that^ regard make them look as....smart....as their..um....leader.

...and FEMA installed a rumor control page...

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 am

Saw a clip of that bottled water wasting away. Someone needs to start a PET bottle recycle effort and pour that water away. A strong survival knife should drain them quickly, and a film of it all should be good advertising for the knife and for Trump`s follies. Or maybe just a compactor, well drained.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:44 am

Nah, the caps have to come off - it's a different material and normally not recycled like those bottles. And they shoot in all directions, if left on while compressing containers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 am

So, it seems that appropriated FEMA and Coast Guard money is used to not only expand tent cities for the now 12,800! kids in US custody, but also to pay Mexico to prevent people making it to the border.

I don't know what their chant would be about who is going to be paying for what.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:07 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Nah, the caps have to come off - it's a different material and normally not recycled like those bottles. And they shoot in all directions, if left on while compressing containers.

Ah fireworks ... waterworks! We recycle with the caps still on, and they do get compacted into bundles that way - but I don`t know what happens after it is shipped, nor to where. There may be a passle of kids somewhere removing those caps manually.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:11 am

scrmbldggs wrote:So, it seems that appropriated FEMA and Coast Guard money is used to not only expand tent cities for the now 12,800! kids in US custody, but also to pay Mexico to prevent people making it to the border.

I don't know what their chant would be about who is going to be paying for what.
Sooo that wall, is actually a wall of money that the US pays to Mexico? :roll:

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 am

Nearly finished with the Woodward book. It gets more devastating to Trump with each chapter, with only one exception: According to Woodward, the Mueller investigation is getting full cooperation from Trump and Dowd, and there's no evidence at all of any criminality on Trump's part. If that's true, look for Trump to get re-elected in 2020. (Shudder!)

On the other hand, I look back and wonder what would have happened if Al Smith had been elected in 1928. He was a good man and would have been a good President. But he'd have gotten the blame for the Depression, and no Democrat would have gotten elected again. The party would have gone out of business. If there's going to be a crash (and I think there is), better hope it happens before 2020. If not, it would be much better for Trump to be President when it happens.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:44 am

TJrandom wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:So, it seems that appropriated FEMA and Coast Guard money is used to not only expand tent cities for the now 12,800! kids in US custody, but also to pay Mexico to prevent people making it to the border.

Sooo that wall, is actually a wall of money that the US pays to Mexico? :roll:
Hmm, very interesting. And so strange that Trump, who (according to Woodward) can't see anything in any international alliances such as that with South Korea except that the US is paying the bills and not getting anything in return that Trump can see. How will he regard this? More to the point: How will he explain it to his followers? It will certainly look like we are paying "protection" money to those racketeers south of the border. Kind of detrimental to his image, I would think.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 am

It's quite possible that Trump himself is innocent of any election conspiracy -
mostly because the FSB and GRU can tell when an Asset is too unstable to be handled directly.
But I would be surprised if Mueller can't find links with the Campaign and evidence for Obstruction to finding such links.
And, of course, he has already triggered independent investigations in the Trump Trust and the Trump Foundation.

Mueller's verdict might well be that Trump, like the rest of America, got played by Putin.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:It's quite possible that Trump himself is innocent of any election conspiracy -
Wow.....Trumps life plan of just wearing everyone out is working.

Amazing.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:51 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:It's quite possible that Trump himself is innocent of any election conspiracy -
Wow.....Trumps life plan of just wearing everyone out is working.

Amazing.
Maybe.
It's just that I would never join a criminal conspiracy that has Trump as a member.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 pm

We agree there.....but that admits Trump was in a conspiracy? Are you confusing not meeting in person with not being in a conspiracy? That just makes it harder to prove, nothing else. I think that is what allows Trump to be so dishonest with himself. Mafia kingpins always act through lieutenants (aka lawyers when they find the scum) to remove themselves from the evidence trails.....not the theoretical crimes themselves.

He's guilty as sin.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Yeah, I guess simply knowing about it (as he most likely did - not only his well-trained obedient slave son was involved, but also very close acquaintances from the "other side") is bad enough. And he definitely liked what he knew, there are tapes of his deep appreciation and asking for more. A normal route would have been to make it stop, oust those who did it and report it. Especially after they had been briefed on such matters by the IC.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:42 pm

AFAIK, in 'Fear', Trump's former lawyer John Dowd told him that he would end up in a jumpsuit if he had an interview with Mueller. Supposedly he also told Trump that he had no attorney-client privilege with Ty Cobb when it comes to illegal stuff.
This sounds to me that Dowd believed that Trump was guilty as hell of some serious stuff, and that only the GOP Senators could safe him by burying the Mueller report and stop any attempt at impeachment.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Apparently, many voters who are still "behind Trump" have no problem considering an immediate switch should a "better" Reptilian candidate challenge him in 2020. Seems that craved love he calls "loyalty" don't run too deep, the cult must be very small indeed.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Manafort made a deal, admitting to Conspiracy with a foreign government and agreeing to extensive cooperation with Mueller.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... eal-823882

Trump must be thrilled by the success of his DoJ.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Wow, I thought any cooperation was off the table as of yesturday. Or is he's really pushing for that quick hurricane pardon?

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:16 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Manafort made a deal, admitting to Conspiracy with a foreign government and agreeing to extensive cooperation with Mueller.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... eal-823882

Trump must be thrilled by the success of his DoJ.
Wow – that swamp is finally being drained, thanks Trump Mueller!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:01 pm

I haven't heard the "cooperation" deal on the news as yet....I'm sure it is coming. A bit of a tough nut because of his age. The guy is an out and out long term unrepentant GANGSTER of the worst sort. A reasonable plea deal would be something only a few years short of a life time sentence...….which means he could get off on time served....heh, heh...which also doesn't seem proportional.

If Manafort gets "a deal for cooperation"...…….then Mueller has to have Trump in line for a criminal prosecution. Doesn't make any sense otherwise......gathering information for impeachment doesn't balance with getting a creep like Manafort behind bars "forever."

course....I always think rich guys should go to jail...…………..and it rarely happens. I wonder why?