It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by OutOfBreath » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Poodle wrote:I like the term 'facists'. It tells us a lot ...
Hey - you - the one with the face - I don't like your face (or even " a donna likea yer face") - your face offends me. By the way, how do you feel about OOB's? Oh - hang on. It was just gorgeous. Back in your staring stalls, everyone.
Facist, that'll be someone who's bent on taking non-stop selfies and who dont respect those who do not...
Yes, an adequate description of your current president I think.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:02 pm

they are liberal fascists....forcing anyone they don't like out of town or out of a restaurant.....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:07 pm

I think he merely visited with our Poodle recently, OOB. :-P

In other news, he's dropping into the thirties again: Gallup, 08/6-12/2018, 39% / 56%.

Is the reality TV show getting boring? Are those he first used and then tossed to the curb getting too loud? Seems when he was a nobody, he could safely do that. They seen little to gain from fighting back. Now they're all glamoring for their own 15 minutes of fame...
Lard, save me from your followers.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm

https://youtu.be/Saqo9FGvVlc
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Maybe it's not just the by now boring show. Maybe he shouldn't be spreading egregious lies about his own fawning base.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I suspect he's merely confused about being described as a liberal fascist. It confused me and I don't make twee little videos explaining why I'm so much more clever than the rest of the world.
THAT'S what we need! The SSF Youtube channel, producing world stabilisation videos.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm

G: Of note, I see Faux Spews putting out the talking point of the Left/Liberals/Progressives/Dumbocrats all being Fascists now. Has this caused your turn to this subject matter? Current Politics as opposed to Woo with nonsense still as the core?

Evidence is mounting up that about a solid 30% of the population just wallows in being stupid. Amusing. Informative. Sad.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 am

I know nothing not oft reported in the news, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Manafort is not testifying is he has gotten the word that if he did, he'd meet a nasty umbrella in or out of jail. Russia wants Trump in office, RussiaNS and Manafort have deep and many ties.

Course...…..the non-conspiracy OBVIOUS answer is that Manafort doesn't have a case to defend. Guilty as Sin. Haven't seen Faux Spews defend him in the last few days as they have to the last 3 days of the trial. Come to think of it....I'd put Faux Spews in jail too for conspirators after the fact.

Yes.....I would.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:13 am

And some say Trump is fixing to pardon him if he gets convicted. But wouldn't he then automatically waive the Fifth, if he accepted?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:And some say Trump is fixing to pardon him if he gets convicted. But wouldn't he then automatically waive the Fifth, if he accepted?
I was wondering about this. I thought a pardon required the convicted person to accept the implied condition they accept their guilt. If the prosecution team felt that Trump was simply going to pardon Manafort, then I wonder if they could break the differing charges into different court cases and thus force a pardon to only apply to a limited scope of criminal activity? That way they can keep Manafort in gaol until Trump is gone.

I guess "a right to due process" is an issue and perhaps the prosecution can't do this.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 am

"Omarosa claims that she wasn't able to run the Office of the Public Liaison because Paula White, Trump's spiritual advisor, counseled him against it. When Omarosa was later "surprised" to learn that White was delivering the invocation at the inauguration, she was told that White and Trump enjoyed a "special relationship."

"I was not sure what to make of this," Omarosa writes. "I had certainly never heard of anything that made me wonder about the nature of their relationship before (or since). But I could not stop myself from contemplating whether her position as spiritual advisor had ever been missionary." , Omarosa implies that Trump and White may have had missionary sex."
https://mashable.com/2018/08/14/omarosa ... ZWDuZfISqn

Scaramucci, when sacked, hinted Trump had an affair with someone at the Whitehouse. I never thought to look at the Reverend Paula White. She's been married three times and appears to be as reverend as Jim Bakker. She's currently married to the singer of Foreigner.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 am

A pardon would not help Manafort as there are beaucoup STATE charges that can be brought from the same facts. Perhaps give him a pardon for a Federal conviction thereby giving him time to make final arrangements before arrested for State Charges.

I've always wondered why Manafort just didn't leave the country. Could he be as crazy as Trump? I can see greed and despair leading him to a high profile position when he did......but...when will the guy just smell the coffee?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:A pardon would not help Manafort as there are beaucoup STATE charges that can be brought from the same facts.
Thank you. I forgot about that.

I didn't think we had pardons in Australia, but I was wrong. The governor general of Australia ( The Queen's representative) can pardon someone if recommended by the Minister of Justice.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:"Omarosa claims that she wasn't able to run the Office of the Public Liaison because Paula White, Trump's spiritual advisor, counseled him against it. When Omarosa was later "surprised" to learn that White was delivering the invocation at the inauguration, she was told that White and Trump enjoyed a "special relationship."

"I was not sure what to make of this," Omarosa writes. "I had certainly never heard of anything that made me wonder about the nature of their relationship before (or since). But I could not stop myself from contemplating whether her position as spiritual advisor had ever been missionary." , Omarosa implies that Trump and White may have had missionary sex."

Scaramucci, when sacked, hinted Trump had an affair with someone at the Whitehouse. I never thought to look at the Reverend Paula White. She's been married three times and appears to be as reverend as Jim Bakker. She's currently married to the singer of Foreigner.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I think he merely visited with our Poodle recently, OOB. :-P

In other news, he's dropping into the thirties again: Gallup, 08/6-12/2018, 39% / 56%.

Is the reality TV show getting boring? Are those he first used and then tossed to the curb getting too loud? Seems when he was a nobody, he could safely do that. They seen little to gain from fighting back. Now they're all glamoring for their own 15 minutes of fame...
I always stick with 538: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

His ratings have been "very stable genius" at around 41% for months now, with the last dip into the thirties back on February 25th-27th.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Grinanne Barrett

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Evidence is mounting up that about a solid 30% of the population just wallows in being stupid. Amusing. Informative. Sad.
Yes indeed. I resisted seeing this for all of my life, but Trump's supporters have broken down my resistance.

Unfortunately, people who ought to know better, like classical scholar and farmer Victor Davis Hanson have begun to wallow as well. Consider:
Victor Davis Hanson wrote: The Mueller team — along with a group of now disgraced, reassigned, and retired officers at the top echelons of the FBI, the descent of ex-CIA head John Brennan and ex-DIA chief James Clapper into caricature, the shenanigans of unmaskings and leaking at the Obama National Security Council, the warping of the FISA courts, the disingenuous operatives at Fusion GPS, and the implantation of informants into the Trump campaign — recalls the arrogant self-righteousness of the degreed geniuses who took us into Vietnam.
That's quite a stretch, even if one accepts the idiotic conspiratorial interpretation of all the things these people have done, it's still not the same thing as what was done by the jingoistic morons who got the US into Viet Nam.

(Side note: I have met Hanson personally and transported him from a lecture to dinner and back in my car. He's a nice enough fellow, but sees the world in very stark Manichean terms.)
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We survivors did not seek death. We did not take to the streets when our Jewish friends were taken away. We didn’t raise an outcry until we ourselves were being annihilated. We preferred to remain alive, with the flimsy though accurate excuse that our death would not have helped. We are guilty of being alive."

Karl Jaspers (1883–1968), at the re-opening of Heidelberg University, 1945

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:41 am

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:"Omarosa claims that she wasn't able to run the Office of the Public Liaison because Paula White, Trump's spiritual advisor, counseled him against it. When Omarosa was later "surprised" to learn that White was delivering the invocation at the inauguration, she was told that White and Trump enjoyed a "special relationship."

Thanks for that picture, Gord. This is the first I've noticed Paula White. Looking at her with Trump-eyes, I'd say she really does look like "his type" of woman. And, married three times? Well, a lot of evangelicals have been; they have a horrendous divorce rate. But I try not to judge by appearances. She may be the genuine item. What denomination is she?
"We survivors did not seek death. We did not take to the streets when our Jewish friends were taken away. We didn’t raise an outcry until we ourselves were being annihilated. We preferred to remain alive, with the flimsy though accurate excuse that our death would not have helped. We are guilty of being alive."

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I looked, she’s non-denominational.
Asked to explain why they hate Jews, anti-Semites contradict themselves. Jews are always showing off; they are hermetic and secretive. They will not assimilate; they assimilate only too well. They are too religious; they are too materialistic, and a threat to religion. They are uncultured; they have too much culture. They avoid manual work; they work too hard. They are miserly; they are ostentatious spenders. They are inveterate capitalists; they are born Communists. And so on.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I looked, she’s non-denominational.
Thanks. Hmm, so there's such a thing as a free-lance preacher? Ya learn something new every day.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thanks. Hmm, so there's such a thing as a free-lance preacher? Ya learn something new every day.

It gives her the ability to freely sin and just as easily be forgiven.
Asked to explain why they hate Jews, anti-Semites contradict themselves. Jews are always showing off; they are hermetic and secretive. They will not assimilate; they assimilate only too well. They are too religious; they are too materialistic, and a threat to religion. They are uncultured; they have too much culture. They avoid manual work; they work too hard. They are miserly; they are ostentatious spenders. They are inveterate capitalists; they are born Communists. And so on.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm

He sure loves his prostrate progesterone prosperity leechers preachers...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:49 pm

...and he sure needs whatever money can buy. Quinnipiac polling sez nearly 60% of RV do not like him as a person.

However, "Republicans like Trump 66 - 24 percent, the only listed party, gender, education, age or racial group which likes him, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds."

I guess that's why the Gross Old Party ain't saying a peep about his very being. They hope the rest of the country will boot him out, and they get away unscathed in the crooked eyes of their/his minions.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Reverend Paula White / Trump Shag?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: What denomination is she?
My cat is more christian than Paula White. She became christian and was married to a TV Evangelist, Randy White, from whom she learned the art of stripping money.

"White took off her mask and shared about all the scandals dating back to 2004; when a nine-year investigation was launched by the IRS in into the personal and organizational finances of White and her then husband, Randy."

Their TV church went bankrupt, so they divorced and she set up her own non-denominational Without Walls International Church..

What is interesting is that she had an affair with another married TV evangelist called Benny Hinn. This story was exposed by The National Enquirer, who as we know, conspired with Donald Trump to keep payments to a playboy model, quiet.
Paula White.jpg
Paula White has regular access to Trump as she was appointed his Spiritual adviser. However her current role is more political.

"In recent weeks, Paula White has coordinated meetings between women and pastors of megachurches together with senior White House officials, according to a report from The Washington Post Tuesday. White’s moves are part of a wider effort among evangelicals in support of Trump and Republicans to raise money and both register and motivate voters."
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-spiritua ... ite-901370

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Reverend Paula White / Trump Shag?

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:...

"In recent weeks, Paula White has coordinated meetings between women and pastors of megachurches together with senior White House officials...

They be into pimping now? (Or still? :heh:)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:01 am

scrmbldggs wrote: They be into pimping now? (Or still? :heh:)
I'm not 100% sure what is going on with Paula White. ( I made a mistake and wrote she was married to the singer of Foreigner, when's she's married to the keyboard player from Journey)

It just seems that she "has form" in having affairs and has been exposed by Trump's friend David Pecker using the National Enquirer. She raises money for Trump's campaign and was made spiritual adviser to Trump.

Trump first met her in 2002 and appeared on her Atlanta TV ministry show. He claims he first saw her on her TV show, but I just don't think Trump watches Christian TV shows.

I have no idea how much her TV ministry turns over. However if she was still having affairs she could lose that revenue from conservatives and thus could be blackmailed.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
I'm not 100% sure what is going on with Paula White.
It would appear she's a con and opportunist.
I have no idea how much her TV ministry turns over. However if she was still having affairs she could lose that revenue from conservatives and thus could be blackmailed.
Her circles hold the duped and hypocrites, but no real conservatives.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:29 am

Just the ignorant leading the blind... and riping them off as they go. Same `ol same `ol...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
We used to call those people "conmen", but she can't be one of them because she's probably not a "men".
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:43 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:...she had an affair with another married TV evangelist called Benny Hinn.
Benny Hinn? Isn't he the guy who looked and sounded like an old woman??? :shock:

Alls I remember is, one day I saw "Benny Hinn" in the TV guide and I thought they had misspelt "Benny Hill", so I switched the channel to see. What I saw still haunts me to this day.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:09 am

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:...she had an affair with another married TV evangelist called Benny Hinn.
Benny Hinn? Isn't he the guy who looked and sounded like an old woman??? :shock:

Alls I remember is, one day I saw "Benny Hinn" in the TV guide and I thought they had misspelt "Benny Hill", so I switched the channel to see. What I saw still haunts me to this day.

:lol: :lol:

I thought the same thing, until I saw this Benny. He's Hispanic. But that's all I know about him. One minute of listening, and I'm saying to myself, "What codswallop!" Then I tune out.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:11 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:...

"In recent weeks, Paula White has coordinated meetings between women and pastors of megachurches together with senior White House officials...

They be into pimping now? (Or still? :heh:)
I never would have come up with that euphemism. Instead of "pimping" you say "coordinating meetings with women." Those guys are masters of PR! :mrgreen:

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 am

From this morning's news feeds:

Why black lives still matter

News from the front in the Trade War

(Not a lot of people; Trump will brush this off.)

Slap-on-the-wrist for a conspiracy monger

And my personal favorite of the day from my home town:

Trump's worst nightmare

I hope she gets elected. I voted for her. But I do regret having to boot out one of the few truly moderate Republicans left, our current incumbent Phil Scott. They are a seriously endangered species.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Gord wrote:

I thought the same thing, until I saw this Benny. He's Hispanic. But that's all I know about him. One minute of listening, and I'm saying to myself, "What codswallop!" Then I tune out.
Well, apparently she’s moved on from an old woman to a Cheeto.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Gord wrote:

Like all of them, he's big into seeding (meaning, gimme your money and the Lard will repay you a thousandfold). And invading people's personal space. And jackets. And shoes. Sometimes with little fishies in big heels. :nuts:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm

So if there's a conviction in Manafort's case (and others), does that mean that even his legal team is part of the Deep Fried State?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:02 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:So if there's a conviction in Manafort's case (and others), does that mean that even his legal team is part of the Deep Fried State?
Or the "Deeply Tried State."
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: I never would have come up with that euphemism. Instead of "pimping" you say "coordinating meetings with women." Those guys are masters of PR! :mrgreen:
lmftfy: masters of intercourse, social or otherwise.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:So if there's a conviction in Manafort's case (and others), does that mean that even his legal team is part of the Deep Fried State?
Actually, Manafort is going Undercover in prison for Trump and Q to uncover more of Clinton's ring of homosexual child Satanists.
It's a brilliant cover.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:01 pm

I was hoping for a guilty verdict by now...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm

won't happen