"I see no evidens"

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Re: "I see no evidens"

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:22 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
What does Kim's character have to do with it?

What if Trump, Tillerson, and Nikki Haley announced at a joint press conference that the US was now unilaterally declaring peace with North Korea and is going to guarantee its security in the same way that it does South Korea?

What would Kim do? Invade South Korea? Launch missiles at Japan and Alaska?

They are not at war, Tom.

The US cannot guarantee NK's security unless NK accepts such a gesture, which will happen some time after Hell hosts snowball fights.

NK uses the strength of the US as a whipping boy to keep their own population cowed. It doesn't matter what the US does for conciliation purposes, the NK people will not hear of it, they will only hear what the Kim regime tells them.

A few NKans get outside information because Chinese made cell phones can access SK communication towers if they are close enough to the DMZ. But it's way too little to have any impact at present.

Technically, as neocons are quick to point out, South Korea and the US are still at war with North Korea because no peace treaty has been signed.

The North Koreans don't wand to look like this again, when apparently every one of their cities was levelled.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=No ... ORM=IDMHDL

and the Trump administration could work for a UN agreement that would guarantee that North Korea would not be attacked unless it attacked someone else first.

But the US Deep State would simply NEVER allow that to happen (for reasons I've already stated ad nauseum).

It's much more likely that North Korea and/or Iran, will be attacked and that attacks will escalate in Syria also involving the Russians

Wouldn't you agree?

NO. NK is a much different species than the middle east. Peace can be brokered with Iran, but not with NK. Kim Jong Un has nothing to gain by a reduction in tensions. It is part of what keeps him in power. These guys are every bit as bad as the Plantagenets, or the Sfouzas.

GWB was 1/3 right with his Axis of Evil.

How would you address this "problem?"

The McCain solution? "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran" and North Korea and Syria?

That was the Vietnam solution where the US dropped over 7 million tons of bombs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... ietnam_War

Here's what saving Mosul looks like:
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... XMUEONFyUk
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I am considering riting to my congressman, Hultgren (a GoP), to ask that he support the bill to impeach Trump introdused by Dem congressman Brad Sherman.

Hult iz currently a back-bench nobody that mite escape the likely bloodbath in 2018 mostly by staying out uv national politics. But now, with the rite wing starting a counter story that the Russia thing iz a Democrat scandal, anybody who tryz to stay out uv it coud be ritely accuzed uv dereliction uv duty - failing to honor their oath uv offis.

Wut do you think?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Maybe they forgot that there is such a thing as an oath of office and that they took it. And maybe they need to be reminded of educated in what that means...
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Here's a take on the current stand. However, the investigation will continue, no matter what. Chopping off one of its heads will not kill the awakened beast.
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Pompeo utters SSDD.

The North Koreans have wanted a peace agreement for decades, but the US has always demanded that they destroy all their nuclear weapons before it even discusses other preconditions.

The "North Korean threat" could be ended in a heartbeat, but the MIC doesn't want that.

Just google "north koreans want peace agreement" and find out for yourself.

Here is recent activity that the US Deep State will thwart.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... orth-korea

Right you are. The way I remember it, Clinton had a deal worked out whereby NK would get some assistance in the form of food and technology in return for giving up the nuclear program. The bellicose Republicans, however, immediately labeled that "appeasement" and tried to put the screws to the Koreans. Same with GW Bush, who thought he could bring them to heel. Instead of playing stupid, macho dominance games, a simple diplomatic approach might have actually worked. But Republicans just don't work that way. They are now doing the same thing with Cuba and with Iran, and will reap the same harvest of unending hostility. Apparently, they like it that way. Certainly Trump does.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 am

Bill Mahr duz a good job uv laying out how stoopidly obvious this iz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xze1DtXUQeU
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Manafort and hiz biz partner, Rick Gates are under house arrest. Trump campane advizor (go-between with Putin) George Papadopoulos pleaded gilty 3 weeks ago to lying to the FBI.

Next big thing to woc for will be wun or more uv theze guyz getting assassinated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNXIEdS6Sc8
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 am

JO 753 wrote:Manafort and hiz biz partner, Rick Gates are under house arrest. Trump campane advizor (go-between with Putin) George Papadopoulos pleaded gilty 3 weeks ago to lying to the FBI.

Next big thing to woc for will be wun or more uv theze guyz getting assassinated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNXIEdS6Sc8

Trump and his regime should go to jail based on the general rule that all politicians and their henchmen belong in prison, but there is no evidens that they did anything that the Clinton and Obama regimes didn't do in their relations with Saudi Arabia, Israel, and other countries.

Prosecuting the Trump regime is a banana republic travesty of the sort that put Dr. Mohamed Morsi and members of his democratically-elected parliament, definitely the lesser evils in Egypt, in prison in where they still remain.

https://www.rt.com/news/406797-assange- ... wikileaks/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Soundz like sumbudyz been sipping frum the tainted well.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Tom Palven wrote: Trump and his regime should go to jail based on the general rule that all politicians and their henchmen belong in prison
soooooo you want to put someone in jail without a proper trial?

Tom Palven wrote:Prosecuting the Trump regime is a banana republic travesty of the sort....
buuuuut you don't want a proper trail in the first place?

Think carefully. Didn't Hitler share your views in regards to locking up communists?

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:41 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Trump and his regime should go to jail based on the general rule that all politicians and their henchmen belong in prison
soooooo you want to put someone in jail without a proper trial?

Tom Palven wrote:Prosecuting the Trump regime is a banana republic travesty of the sort....
buuuuut you don't want a proper trail in the first place?

My point in calling this a travesty is that that they will not get a fair trial. They will be subjected to a Kangaroo Court.

Being from Down Under you may have a better idea of the origin of "kangaroo court" than Merriam-Webster on line:

Did You Know?
A kangaroo court has never been a court by or for kangaroos, but beyond that, little is known for sure about the term's origins. Various theories abound: it has been suggested that kangaroo courts got their name because they were initially marked by rapid and unpredictable movement from one place to another, or that they were in some way associated with "jumping" (i.e., illegally occupying) mining claims. These hypotheses are all unsubstantiated, however. What is known is that the first kangaroo courts originated in the United States at approximately the time of the 1849 California Gold Rush, and the word saw its earliest use in the southwestern U.S. It first turned up in print in 1853 in a book about Texas.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 am

Tom Palven wrote: My point in calling this a travesty is that that they will not get a fair trial. They will be subjected to a Kangaroo Court.
The irony is, you have to provide evidence for that claim, otherwise it is you who is judging without evidence.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 am

I agree with Tom Palven that: "Trump and his regime should go to jail based on the general rule that all politicians and their henchmen belong in prison." This is OBVIOUSLY setting a new context and is humorous making any reference to a jury that of a dullard.

................ or maybe I'm wrong because following this up with "they will get a kangeroo court" makes no sense at all to me.

Score is +1 , -1==zero. Matt: you still got a minus one.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:35 am

Unfortunately, Trump will get a more than fair trial.

Hiz hi paid lawyerz will be able to select a jury uv utter pinhedz, then they will concoct 1 dumass alternate theory after another till sumthing sticks well enuf to get an acquital.

Remember OJ? Remember that mom in Florida who killed her little girl? Remember Zimmerman?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am

JO 753 wrote:Unfortunately, Trump will get a more than fair trial.

Hiz hi paid lawyerz will be able to select a jury uv utter pinhedz, then they will concoct 1 dumass alternate theory after another till sumthing sticks well enuf to get an acquital.

Remember OJ? Remember that mom in Florida who killed her little girl? Remember Zimmerman?

In my crack-pot opinion the Trump regime is being persecuted for BS offenses by the same MICC/Deep State/Intelligence Community that turned a blind eye when Bill and Hillary's foundation was taking millions of dollars from the king of Saudi Arabia and his ilk.

Mueller Mugs America:
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... adopoulos/

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:33 am

You are lucky you never met Jim Jones.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:56 pm

JO 753 wrote:You are lucky you never met Jim Jones.

I guess so!
:lol:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:00 am

Rachel Maddow with a serious warning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_dwR5KFxA
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 am

Rachel Maddow is no more credible than Brietbart.

Also, it seems she is still suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. :shock:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Still drinking the GoP Kool-Aid? :shock:

You shoud hav lerned by now that you cant 'balance' your view uv the world by mixing propaganda in with the real newz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Maddow is about as credible as FOX News, which is to say she is a lot more credible than Breitbart but still less credible than, for instance, CNN.

And Trump Derangement Syndrome has clearly been misnamed if it does not apply to whatever made people vote for him in the first place. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm

JO 753 wrote:Still drinking the GoP Kool-Aid? :shock:

You shoud hav lerned by now that you cant 'balance' your view uv the world by mixing propaganda in with the real newz.

According to the definition of "propaganda", the Rachel Maddow Show is no less propaganda than Brietbart. The "reporting" is one sided and she is pushing an agenda. Also, her bias and occasional failure to report things correctly is such that anything she says must be verified using some other source, same as one should do for Breitbart.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am

Nah, just the same as FOX.
#ANDAMOVIE

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 am

Gord wrote:Nah, just the same as FOX.

OK, I won't quibble that point.

Gord wrote:And Trump Derangement Syndrome has clearly been misnamed if it does not apply to whatever made people vote for him in the first place. :P

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental problem that causes anti-Trumpers to become unhinged. Some get it worse than others. Trump voters suffer from a different kind of derangement. ;)

One can be anti-Trump without having TDS, just as one can be anti-Obama without being a racist, if one is able to remain "hinged" and somewhat rational.

Example: JO and Gord do not seem to have TDS. But forum decorum stipulates that I should not name others here who do have some level of TDS.

It's clear from watching her show that Rachel Maddow is not yet over her TDS. Sad, because I used to like watching her show. She often does the kind of in-depth analysis that mainstream news show don't have time to do.

The format of the show requires her to be selective about the stories she covers, and they are almost always either pro-left or anti-right, which is no big deal if you balance that with someone who does the opposite, like Sean Hannity, who is as just as much a drama queen as Maddow.

But ever since the election a year ago, it seems Rachel's hair is still on fire. Perhaps she is still stinging from getting the smirk wiped off her face on election night on November 8, 2016. She was soooo  smug up until the very end that Trump was going to lose, and then wham, reality smacked that smirk right off her face. Literally.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 am

Do either uv you hav examplez uv her delivering a false story?

Wen she iznt confident about sumthing she spendz haf the time emfasizing that. Like the 'leaked' Trump tax return.

Therez a good reazon for her to be consentrating on Trump. In fact, it woud be silly for her to be doing otherwize. Treazon by The Prez and hiz administration iz about az big a political story az can be. No obsession required for a journalist to spend all their time on it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 am

JO 753 wrote:Do either uv you hav examplez uv her delivering a false story?

Yes.

Her recent story on Niger and Chad troop withdrawals was a whopper. She clearly veered off into conspiracyland with that piece of BS. Even left-wing HuffPost was appalled by it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/rachel-maddow-niger-travel-ban_us_59ea060fe4b05b4f1c3ad52f

What The Hell Was This Rachel Maddow Segment?
"Everybody that I know is appalled by this."
10/20/2017 16:35 EDT | Updated 10/24/2017 10:56 EDT

. . . Chad’s pullout from Niger “had an immediate effect in emboldening ISIS attacks,” Maddow said.

That appears to be false.

Look at the map at the above link to see that fallacy in Maddow's claim.

Maddow's hit piece that night was an obvious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome in action.

I have watched many other segments where she outright lied about (or misrepresented) certain facts. I don't have any immediately available links for those, but I know for a fact she has made provably false claims. Not just once, but on many different occasions. If I had known I would need to provide evidence, I would have kept notes.

JO 753 wrote: Treazon by The Prez and hiz administration iz about az big a political story az can be. No obsession required for a journalist to spend all their time on it.

You might have a point if there were any treason, but there isn't. Not even close.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 am

Do either uv you hav examplez uv her delivering a false story?

thanks Jo. I was going to ask the same........but there is little reason to engage Xouper. It takes too much work to occasionally get an admission of the obvious.

The link to Maddows false story would not open for me.......but it doesn't matter. EVERY newscaster/analyst will get a story wrong from time to time. Has she noted it yet and apologized? She does this more than anyone I can name....ask opposing guests if she got her summary correct or not. That an irrelevant issue if not a plus for Maddow. That plus what the heck does the story have to do with a bias for or against Trump? Care to connect those dots????

It is a derangement of some sort to say: "You might have a point if there were any treason, but there isn't. Not even close." ///// Drip by drip Trumps collusion to at least the useful idiot level is being established. Treason is a red herring I assume you are not relying on but to ignore the bucket filling up as you do only reveals your bias. You can argue it has not been established........but close has been established on the record many times: "Russia, please find Hillary's emails............." then Popadop and Trump Jr meeting to exchange emails for influence. That is more than close.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:. . . plus what the heck does the story have to do with a bias for or against Trump? Care to connect those dots????

Those dots are easy to connect.

Maddow tried to blame Trump's latest travel ban for the American soldiers killed in Niger.

That segment is a prime example of pure Trump Derangement Syndrome conspiracy BS. It was a blatant Trump hit piece based on pure conjecture and disregard for the facts.

I checked the link I posted to the HuffPo story. It still works for me.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:It is a derangement of some sort to say: "You might have a point if there were any treason, but there isn't. Not even close." ///// Drip by drip Trumps collusion to at least the useful idiot level is being established. Treason is a red herring I assume you are not relying on but to ignore the bucket filling up as you do only reveals your bias. You can argue it has not been established........but close has been established on the record many times: "Russia, please find Hillary's emails............." then Popadop and Trump Jr meeting to exchange emails for influence. That is more than close.

QED.

Trump Derangement Syndrome in action. No evidence of treason.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:47 am

HA, ha...........so you are using the Treason Dodge? I haven't heard ANYONE claim treason. You getting this talking point thru your tinfoil hat? I don't watch Hannity more than about 30 minutes a week.

Got a link to anyone claiming treason? I assume Dumbart or some such Right Wing Nazi Source?

The charge is colluding with Russia to affect the election. In my view..... the evidence is already on record as more likely than not which is all that is needed for valid impeachment proceedings. Criminal is certainly indicated BECAUSE $$$$ is involved...and will be found "eventually." Kushner is on film bragging Trump had Russian Money. ............ What happened to it? How many homes in Florida has Trump flipped making 100% profit off Russian Laundry?

Hmmmmm?

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:53 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Got a link to anyone claiming treason?

Yep. It's right here in this very thread. JO claimed treason:

JO 753 wrote:Therez a good reazon for her to be consentrating on Trump. In fact, it woud be silly for her to be doing otherwize. Treazon by The Prez and hiz administration iz about az big a political story az can be. No obsession required for a journalist to spend all their time on it.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 am

Link worked this time finding this quote: "“It may have already been planned and [the travel ban] was the straw that broke the camel’s back,” Seay said. so.........Maddow's derangement is based on quoting experts on the subject.

Typical.

And Jo said "treaZon". No one knows what Jo means by this. I declare you have Jo Derangement Silliness.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 am

:roll:

Referring to Maddow's show, Seay also said: "Everybody that I know is appalled by this. I would like to think that Maddow’s researchers are more responsible"

Busted.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:18 am

He, like you, is appalled because he doesn't like the conclusion which I also think is a bit extenuated......but what he said is what maddow repeated. He is actually appalled at his own recognition. Not the cause...but the final straw? Just how fine a line is THAT???????????????

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:He, like you, is appalled because he doesn't like the conclusion which I also think is a bit extenuated......but what he said is what maddow repeated. He is actually appalled at his own recognition. Not the cause...but the final straw? Just how fine a line is THAT???????????????

You can bury your head in the sand all you want in denial, but the reality is Maddow {!#%@} up. She let her hatred of Trump get in the way of doing an honest story. And even the far left Trump-hating HuffPo called her on it. That's quite telling.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:34 am

Connect the dots.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

In trumPutin's America, you either have TDS or *HUA.
There is no in between.

*Head Up Assism
{!#%@} trump!

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm

I remember the Niger/Chad story being a particularly excruciating example uv Rachel Repeat. But I also recall being completely aware that it wuz speculation bekuz she made that clear to anybody with the mental fortitude to endure the repetition.

I dont blame anybody for missing her overall point in a story kuz she often sabatajez it by making you think she iz doing ANOTHER reiteration wen she iz actually introdusing a new element, so you arent really lissening.

I am not the only wun saying treazon, bobbo. Kieth Olbermann and possibly sum Congressmen andor Senatorz hav identified the crime by its name. Bill Mahr, Steven Colbert and probably alot uv other comedian commentatorz hav also.

Treazon iz an extreem charje thats subject to alot uv interpretation and opinion. Carlton Larson'z opinion iz based on the quaint idea that war still requirez bomz & bullets.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm

xouper - its hard to claim there iz no crime wen the perpetratorz are clearly aware that wut they are doing iz illegal.

Herez a new item about Wikileaks help.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “Politics and Government”